PDA

View Full Version : WHEE!

DMKA
10-14-2005, 03:09 AM
Tonight Art Alexakis, lead singer and guitarist of the band that really got me into music, Everclear, is here at my college, and someone hooked me up with a ticket to the show at 8pm for free! I have my "So Much For the Afterglow" cd, sharpie, and camera all at hand and ready, and I am so fucking excited.:excited: :excited: :excited:

So anyway, have you ever been in a small auidience, or in direct attention to a famous person, particularly someone you really liked? And if not, who would you like to do such with?

I'm hoping I'll get to go as far as taking a pic with him, but I doubt that will happen. =p When Gideion Yago was here I attempted it, but to no avail (but I wasn't NEARLY as interested in it with him as I am with Art).

I'll posts pics if I get any. :D

fire_of_avalon
10-14-2005, 03:12 AM
No I haven't, but YAY DIMMKAH :D

Leeza
10-14-2005, 03:38 AM
No, I haven't, but lucky you. Have a good time. :)

If I could be in a small audience with a famous person, I would like it to be Manson. But there are many many others that I could also name. :cat:

DMKA
10-14-2005, 07:21 AM
It was awesome. Unfortunately because of the weird lighting I didn't get very many clear shots.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v190/devilmaykickass/000_1420_small.jpg

It was all done in acoustic. He even attempted to play AM Radio in acoustic...and did a damn good job, but didn't go past the first verse because it was his first time trying. At the end of the show there was an interview and then a Q and A session, and then at the very end I had him sign my copy of "So Much for The Afterglow"m the first CD I ever owned, which I got in 8th grade. It still remains my favorite.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v190/devilmaykickass/000_1421small.jpg

It was really a blast, and while I still liked Everclear, I haven't really been a consistent listener for the last couple years...this has resparked my love though, and I can't wait for their next CD. He played two songs from the new CD and, according to him, we were the first ones outside the band to hear the official title of it, which is "Welcome to the Drama Club", and the songs were great.

Although I didn't get the picture with him like I was hoping due to extreme nervousness, what I got was good enough for me, and tonight was one of the greatest I've had in a VERY long time. :)

Rainecloud
10-14-2005, 07:30 AM
I've met WWE Superstars Rey Mysterio, Kurt Angle, Rob Van Dam and Kane during personal signing sessions. We paid £250 as part of a package which included great seats for the Pay-per-view we were attending, goodies (T-Shirts, etc), and a few minutes chat with the wrestlers.

So, yeah, I had Kurt's attention for a few minutes, during which I thanked him for all his hard work and sacrifices over the years.