PDA

View Full Version : Beat game with minimal characters

Prancing Mad
10-14-2005, 04:54 PM
I'm the type of person who loves hilarities. That being said, I named everyone in FF6 after pronouns like he, she, it etc... So I like doing stuff like that for a bit of fun.

I was wondering, and this has alraedy had interesting results. Has anyone beat FF6 in the 2nd world with the fewest amount of characters possible? It means you lose A LOT of amazing weapons and stuff, but it's definitely do-able. Getting characters ends as soon as you get the airship, which means setzer is the last dood you get. I cracked up badly when I first went to kefka's tower. And the characters are all like, "What about terra?" And look to where she would've beeen standing if I got her. It was rather funny. Anyhow, my question: Does this change the ending at all? Because I know if you miss shadow, his music plays and you see the grave in thamasa. Maybe this happens to all the characters you neglect getting. But yeah, has anyone done this before?

boys from the dwarf
10-14-2005, 06:36 PM
i havent done this but a lot of people have. if you level to 80-99 it shouldnt be too hard with the right stuff but it is posiible at lower levels. kefkas tower would be very hard though because theres only one character to fight those hard bosses and enimies.

Sasquatch
10-14-2005, 06:47 PM
I've done it, but I didn't really notice anything different. Of course, that doesn't mean there wasn't anything different, just that I didn't notice it. I'm sure there was.

Prancing Mad
10-14-2005, 06:49 PM
Actually, I think it would be easy to do it at normal levels, because what you do is you send two people as assassins in kefka's tower, to go through each boss on their own, the other two run from battles and stuff, and are only there to unlock doors, and let the other group through.

ljkkjlcm9
10-14-2005, 08:33 PM
actually the fewest number of characters is 3, Celes, Edgar, and Setzer... they're the only characters you have to get in the WoR. And yes, the endings are different. Like when Celes falls trying to save the bandana, setzer saves her cause Locke isn't there. Terra will come at the end no matter what. Or when the junk falls down on Edgar, Sabin isn't there to catch it so the three of them move it together and say, "where's Sabin when you need him?"

The ending is different because it changes the skits, and there are a number of different endings. Just play with every character, and pay attention to the endings, then go back and don't get one of the characters in a particular ending and see how it changes. Like get Relm, but not Strago, I've yet to do that cause I'm lazy, but the ending would have to be different for Relm's skit. Also if you notice, Setzer, Celes, and Edgar appear most often in the ending skits, because that way they wouldn't have to reprogram every ending depending on who is there!

THE JACKEL

bipper
10-18-2005, 01:36 PM
Yeah, I have done this one. Its actually VERY easy to do, if you get the offering and atmas, Kefka goes down rather quickly. The only zinger is the Godesses, but I think you can vanish/doom them? Can't reamember.

The minimal ending is not technically too different, but it does really create a different feel. IF that makes any sence. It seemed like it would have been a perfect ending that could lead to a sequal ;)

Bipper

Flying Mullet
10-18-2005, 01:52 PM
Also, don't forget that you can do 95% of just about every optional quest, just don't get the character at the end. For example, you can get almost all of the items in Owzer's Mansion and the Phoenix Cave, just don't finish the quest to get Relm or Locke. You can even beat Umaro and do his whole cave, because you don't have Mog so Umaro won't join your party.

Sasquatch
10-18-2005, 04:24 PM
The only problem is that since you can't finish Pheonix Cave, you don't get Pheonix, and thus Life3. And you can't get Saraphim, or Alexandr, either.

Flying Mullet
10-18-2005, 04:32 PM
I agree that you can't get those last items.

I just brought it up because I've heard people say that they can't even start those side-quests because they'll get someone. They forget that you can do 95% of the quest, you just don't want to complete it.

crono_logical
10-18-2005, 06:35 PM
I think I was around level 66 when I did that with only those three characters :p

ljkkjlcm9
10-18-2005, 11:50 PM
I agree that you can't get those last items.

I just brought it up because I've heard people say that they can't even start those side-quests because they'll get someone. They forget that you can do 95% of the quest, you just don't want to complete it.

Actually all the chests in the Phoenix cave, except for like 2, are empty cause of Locke, so you'd really just get to beat the dragon and get the item from him, plus another dragon toward the esper, but I didn't even do that, I got the airship, then went to Kefka's tower, that was it

THE JACKEL

Flying Mullet
10-19-2005, 12:05 AM
Since you can't get Ultima without Locke, beating all 8 dragons is a great way to get some powerful Merton-ness to do some heavy damage in battle.

ljkkjlcm9
10-19-2005, 01:42 AM
some argue Merton is better anyways cause you can absord the attack and heal yourself at the same time!

THE JACKEL

Flying Mullet
10-19-2005, 01:41 PM
And it's very essential to do that in Kefka's Tower if you're on your own for the battles.

Bowser
11-06-2005, 08:24 PM
I did it on level 69, and the ending isn't really that interesting. But at least you dont have to listen to all that sentimental crap that the characters say before fighting Kefka! :thumb: ..."Now I know what love means....":barf: No thank you, ma'am.