PDA

View Full Version : Site Staff Appreciation

Loony BoB
10-15-2005, 12:46 AM
<strong>Rye:</strong> Do you do most of the site work?
<strong>Loony BoB:</strong> Hell no.
<strong>Loony BoB:</strong> I'm 'management' I guess.
<strong>Loony BoB:</strong> I co-ordinate things, encourage people, scout out new staffers, authorise things I'm allowed to authorise, highlight important issues to Cid, etc.
<strong>Rye:</strong> That's cool. :D
<strong>Loony BoB:</strong> I will admit I come up with a lot of the new ideas, such as getting a news system that allows for RSS (which means we have an automatically-updating LJ syndicate now), revamping the FanArt section (work in progress, going well), and uh... stuff like that, yeah.
<strong>Rye:</strong> Oooh, I'd like to submit FanArt :D
<strong>Loony BoB:</strong> I do a bit of coding, and I'm okay at it, I'm just very slow compared to the "big" coders.
<strong>Loony BoB:</strong> :) Well, soon we'll have a gallery where you can register and submit as you please.
<strong>Rye:</strong> Yay!
<strong>Loony BoB:</strong> Damn straight. Our FanArt section is laughable right now.
<strong>Rye:</strong> Yeah. :(
<strong>Loony BoB:</strong> And uhm. What else. Uhm. Basically a "go-to" guy for all staff with questions.
<strong>Loony BoB:</strong> And I get a lot of emails from people asking about FF stuff, like when things will be released.
<strong>Loony BoB:</strong> Motivating other staffers is a big one.
<strong>Loony BoB:</strong> If I slack off, often everyone does, it seems.
<strong>Rye:</strong> Must be a huge responsibility.
<strong>Rye:</strong> You're like the main admin.
<strong>Loony BoB:</strong> Cid is for the site, easily.
<strong>Loony BoB:</strong> He still makes all main decisions there.
<strong>Loony BoB:</strong> And although I do a lot of work, Sepho and Samuraid do a freaking huge amount, too.
<strong>Loony BoB:</strong> Sepho has to troubleshoot any coding problems and Samuraid literally designed the new News system (EON - Eyes On News) and is in charge of all server maintenance.
<strong>Loony BoB:</strong> Sepho also was the other person involved in recoding the styles for the forums upgrade.
<strong>Loony BoB:</strong> Sepho also maintains the EoFF Map as well as designing the CSS (in other words, all the custom codes we use at EoFF).
<strong>Loony BoB:</strong> Sepho also does a bit of news updating once in a while, too.
<strong>Rye:</strong> Sepho is insanely talented with that.
<strong>Loony BoB:</strong> Samuraid also sets up all new systems we implement. He installs stuff like the Wiki, FanArt Gallery, news systems etc.
<strong>Loony BoB:</strong> Spatvark, Flying Mullet and Baloki spend loads of time working on recoding the frontsite (as well as Sepho, theundeadhero and myself), Azar does news updates (the other news guys are fairly inactive right now)... Mulley/Baloki/Spat also help with coding problems when they see 'em and know how to fix 'em.
<strong>Loony BoB:</strong> Spat and Mulley have done the most recoding at the moment.
<strong>Loony BoB:</strong> I work closely with Sepho for coding stuff and Samuraid for new systems.
<strong>Loony BoB:</strong> We keep in touch a lot.
<strong>Loony BoB:</strong> Sepho and I, over the past 2-4 weeks, have probably chatted around once every 1-2 days.
<strong>Loony BoB:</strong> You have no idea how little people know about what these guys do.
<strong>Loony BoB:</strong> I can't say enough for them. They're brilliant.
<strong>Rye:</strong> Yeah, I had no idea. :o

Over the past few months, I think I've worked some of the Site Staff to their limits, so I really feel that everyone should get a good idea of how much time and effort these guys put into the place. Sepho and Samuraid in particular have spent most of their free time over long periods constantly working on making EoFF a better place. They remind me of Spatvark when he was coding every single page for the frontsite, or Roogle when he covered our news all by himself. I really don't think people realise how much time some of the Site Staff put into the place. All of the current staff have contributed a solid amount, not just a page or two. While we've all had our inactive periods, sometimes months on end, we've also all put hours aside on this place - and most of us don't get any credit because people just don't know what's going on. So, inspired by the last few lines of that chat, I decided that it would be good to post the convo into a thread, so here it is.

<a href="http://www.eyesonff.com/staff.php"><strong>These are the people who have worked on EoFF in recent times, mostly without any real recognition</strong></a>. I adore them. I can't say enough for any of them. Even if they are a bunch of smartasses sometimes, they're just brilliant. They're fantastic. They're also often modest, so don't let them tell you they don't do much or that they don't need thanks. Give it to them, because they deserve it. A lot more than me, that's for sure. If in the past few years you joined after reading a bit of news or browsing a gaming section, there's a good chance that one of these guys had something to do with that news or that page. These are the guys that work on making the frontsite a better place. Without the frontsite, this place would most likely have wound up just another fansite on the 87th page on a Google search for Final Fantasy. Most of you wouldn't be here without the frontsite. So yeah. These guys make sure Eyes on Final Fantasy leads the way in Final Fantasy fansites.

Kijunaa
10-15-2005, 01:06 AM
Thanks, doods. I'm never around, but I'ma assume you guys are awesome. *idolize idolize idolize*

kikimm
10-15-2005, 01:09 AM
*sweet sweet lovin*

Yeah, these guys are really awesome. All of them! I'll have to post more on why they are so kickass later but I am all of the sudden very very busy. :D

Psychotic
10-15-2005, 01:09 AM
Everyone knows the Site Staff are cooler than the forums staff anyway. Nice work you orange (and green) titled workers. Except Flying Mullet. I hate that guy. (except for when I love him) :love:

Madonna
10-15-2005, 01:10 AM
*starts PMing everyone on THE LIST (http://www.akusui.net/_lynxius/kishiride_bluesparks.gif)* >_>

Shoden
10-15-2005, 01:10 AM
the staff really pwn all on this site.

Cheers for eoff.

one question, how many of the staff are 100% sane?

Samuraid
10-15-2005, 01:18 AM

0% :D

Shoden
10-15-2005, 01:27 AM
I wasn't expecting that.

So who's the top boss below cid?

Loony BoB
10-15-2005, 01:29 AM
There isn't an official position of "second in command", but of the Senior Site Staff (the site-rank below Cid), I'd say that Sepho, Samuraid and myself are the most active of the five at the moment. We all cover different things, though. Sepho is the chief of coding, Samuraid covers serverside issues and I cover ... well, I don't have a specific area, really. :p Roogle is generally in charge of news and the almighty poll (:( Roogle) and eternalshiva is generally in charge of images, although there hasn't been too much to do in those areas lately.

Shoden
10-15-2005, 01:31 AM
ah so you nver battle to the death to decide the second in command eh.

thats fair.

Hawkeye
10-15-2005, 01:32 AM
I'd you give a round of appluase, but, ha, I'm typing at the moment

But seriously, thanks for a job well done

XxSephirothxX
10-15-2005, 01:36 AM
What I do is peanuts compared to all the coders, but it's still fun just to contribute. I want to know what the record is for most news update by a staffer and try to break it, although, if Roogle did the updates by himself at one point in time, I don't think I'd have a chance. :p

Loony BoB
10-15-2005, 01:37 AM
What I do is peanuts compared to all the coders, but it's still fun just to contribute. I want to know what the record is for most news update by a staffer and try to break it, although, if Roogle did the updates by himself at one point in time, I don't think I'd have a chance. :p
I can probably get that information for you, actually. I'd imagine it'd be Cid, Roogle or Rainecloud with the record, yeah.

XxSephirothxX
10-15-2005, 01:43 AM
*Flexes muscles*
I'm going to start making updates about completely random nonsense now. :cool:

Del Murder
10-15-2005, 01:46 AM
We have a frontsite?

Leeza
10-15-2005, 02:05 AM
I almost never visit the frontsite, but when I do I'm always amazed at how great it really is. Thank you. :)

Rye
10-15-2005, 02:07 AM
Yeah, the site staff is supah cool. <3 to them.

Plus, I feel honoured and happy by being quoted in this thread. xD

Cruise Control
10-15-2005, 02:08 AM
All hail the staff! They are kick-ass and do a wonderful job!

eestlinc
10-15-2005, 02:10 AM
We have a frontsite?
always stealing my thunder!

good work, though. it does look nicey nice.

but we should put staff bios back on the front page again.

Loony BoB
10-15-2005, 02:42 AM
but we should put staff bios back on the front page again.
What do you mean? I linked to them in my first post in this thread.

Rye
10-15-2005, 02:44 AM
Aw, I love those bios, they're nice. :) But if "Heath" was changed to "Heath aka SUH", I'd die of happiness. xD

eestlinc
10-15-2005, 02:53 AM
I meant forums staff too. :rabite:

fire_of_avalon
10-15-2005, 02:58 AM
I like that scary rabbit.

And site staffers are way hot. :<3: Without you guys, I would... well I don't know how my life would be different, but you're still hot. :D

Loony BoB
10-15-2005, 03:02 AM
Forums Staff get enough credit in the forums. You don't see Site Staff getting paraded in a fancy stickied thread in the middle of General Chat, do you? I mean, uh...

Rye: It automatically detects forum names for that thing, so just ask him to request a name change :p

And I just found out that if it wasn't for Site Staff updating the frontsite, EGM would have never said anything about us in their magazine and then Azar never would have joined the forums - and Site Staff. Talk about running full circle. :D

fire_of_avalon
10-15-2005, 03:06 AM
You know, I think eesty beesty has a point. We want good forum members right? Maybe we should try to sell the point a little more by selling... well me! And everyone else of course ;)

Yamaneko
10-15-2005, 03:07 AM
<a href="http://www.eyesonff.com/cc/elements.shtml">Don't include me, huh?</a> :mad2: :D

The SS rocks... I mean.

eestlinc
10-15-2005, 03:11 AM
i just mean i think we should have a forums staff page where we give funny bios and stuff instead of just the forum leaders.

Loony BoB
10-15-2005, 03:13 AM
Take it up in the Staff Forum, maybe we can add it into the Forum Leaders page. I just don't think it should be displayed on the frontsite when you guys often go on about never visiting the frontsite yourselves. :p But I'm more than happy to set it up on the forums.

Back on topic now, though, you selfish hijackers.

Raistlin
10-15-2005, 03:22 AM
I remember when the site was first launch. It was on a free host, too.

I think I've visited the front site...actually, I can't even remember the last time I visited the front site. Long time ago.

But great job, regardless. :)

Doomie
10-15-2005, 03:22 AM
Yeah yeah, you guys rule. =)

Mikztsu
10-15-2005, 03:31 AM
ALL HAIL THE SITE STAFF!

fire_of_avalon
10-15-2005, 04:19 AM
omg... Mik....

Rusty
10-15-2005, 05:07 AM
You guys rule and the frontsite look awesome :)

black orb
10-15-2005, 05:21 AM
>>> Thank you staff.
EoFF = best FF site ever..

rubah
10-15-2005, 05:24 AM
Hey timmie! timme you so fine, you so fine you blow my mind, hey timmie!

azzie's prty hawt 2.

<3

Spatvark
10-15-2005, 07:11 AM

Gotta agree with Samuraid on this one, we can't be sane with the amount of time we waste coding for a silly little site on the internet that we're not even paid for, but we do it nonetheless!

ah so you nver battle to the death to decide the second in command eh.

thats fair.

Not really, it's so that I don't wipe out the entire SS whilst stamping my authority, since everybody knows I can take 'em all.

*Flexes muscles*
I'm going to start making updates about completely random nonsense now. :cool:

It will never beat my deleted news post about Communism! NEVER!~

<a href="http://www.eyesonff.com/cc/elements.shtml">Don't include me, huh?</a> :mad2: :D

You mean the page you took half a year to do half of, and then I had to finish it off =D?

Rainecloud
10-15-2005, 07:37 AM
Aww. This thread almost motivates me to ignore my Stepchildren and continue with the front site updates ...Almost! ;)

Thanks for your comments. It makes me proud to be a ... erm ... "Recognised Site Staff" here at EoFF.

udsuna
10-15-2005, 07:40 AM
Ok, guys, do your thing

*Angel choir music starts*

(looks at fees)

Uh.... only one song, thank you....

Strider
10-15-2005, 08:05 AM
I haven't done anything in like... six months and I'm getting all of this general appreciation.

I rule.

theundeadhero
10-15-2005, 09:34 AM
Six years from now I'm going to be looking at the EOFF Frontsite and it's going to give me horrible flashbacks of my time in Iraq :(

Wow

Drift
10-15-2005, 10:55 AM
woot go staff!

Shauna
10-15-2005, 11:29 AM
Yay Site Staff! :love:

Thanks for all your hard work and effort! :D :heart:

The Summoner of Leviathan
10-15-2005, 02:54 PM
*waves a "Go Site Staff!" flag*

Pheesh
10-15-2005, 03:06 PM
uh....go team? everything i would have said has been covered, so just imagine i said it all. well done, everytime i type a post and it loads quickly i will think of you guys...but when it goes slowly, expect some serious spam in your usernotes.

Peace out and :rock:
EE

Old Manus
10-15-2005, 07:00 PM
I don't want to hurt thier feelings, but (http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59452) this thread made me think of this :confused:

bennator
10-15-2005, 09:16 PM
I'll take the praise even though I haven't done anything in about 2 years (sheepish grin)

Vyk
10-15-2005, 09:17 PM
:heart: the staff. I like this thread ^_^

Rye
10-15-2005, 09:54 PM
I :heart: undead's new sig. :D

-N-
10-15-2005, 10:12 PM
Having personally worked with Sepho and Samuraid, I fully agree with BoB's claims about their integrity and industriousness. Flying Mullet and theundeadhero are of course some of the coolest guys on these boards period, and Azar has a friggin' hat and got me one too. Baloki is still banned, though. :\

I'll trade you my RM title for his unbanning.

Raistlin
10-15-2005, 11:38 PM
Site Staff is great. They aren't <a href="http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72051">incompetent like those lazy forum staffers</a>.

The Captain
10-16-2005, 06:18 AM
From the bottom of my heart, thanks to everyone here who works so hard to keep this place looking mighty fine and running more or less smoothly.

Take care all.

Resha
10-16-2005, 02:54 PM
Thanks guys! We looove y'all! <3

Dignified Pauper
10-17-2005, 12:13 PM
fux this Staff. (already have) <!--Staff sux large dix!!!!!-->*snip* (and well) <3

What!? ~ Leeza

Much Love for Leeza. If she weren't here, senseless rumors about staff would run rampant.

Old Manus
10-17-2005, 03:50 PM
Marick got pwned

Russielloyd
10-17-2005, 03:56 PM
Praise the makers of the EoFF site. for producing quality. and taming the occasional muppet that appear on the forums.

Flying Mullet
10-17-2005, 04:12 PM
Yes!! Worship us! Love us! Praise us! :p

*drinks it in*

Seriously though, we're lucky to have a team dedicated to making this the best gosh darn FF site on the net and I'm proud to be part of such a stellar group of folks. :chef:

Everyone knows the Site Staff are cooler than the forums staff anyway. Nice work you orange (and green) titled workers. Except Flying Mullet. I hate that guy. (except for when I love him) :love:
I hate you too shnookums. :love:

Russielloyd
10-17-2005, 04:52 PM
Is there such thing as awards for the best FF sites etc, like they do with Sonic?

Flying Mullet
10-17-2005, 05:02 PM
I don't think they do because it's understood that this site is the best. :chef:

Russielloyd
10-17-2005, 05:04 PM
true...true, this site has the most activity ive seen on a forum.

Madonna
10-17-2005, 05:25 PM
I've done my thanks. :P

Dignified Pauper
10-17-2005, 06:18 PM
Leeza, I thought I asked you to ban yourself!!! CURSES YOU DELECTABLE WOMAN!

I <3 our staff. +3 to slaying newbs!

Yamaneko
10-17-2005, 11:11 PM
I've done my thanks. :P
Why did you send it to me?

bennator
10-18-2005, 04:15 PM
Becauseyou're so loverly!

Madonna
10-18-2005, 09:45 PM
The Chrono Cross page.

Skarr
10-18-2005, 11:42 PM
The staff kicks ass...but enough of that, whens mullet gonna come out of that cage?

Chemical
10-21-2005, 12:59 AM
*claps*

I drink bleach!

Rainecloud
10-21-2005, 07:14 AM
My head's twice as big as an overly-inflated hot air balloon now.

But we are great, aren't we? :p