PDA

View Full Version : beginning tutorials

ffxatticus
10-15-2005, 02:44 AM
why the heck do they give you tutorials on certain junctions you don't have in the beginning of the game? like when Quistis gives the tutorial before going in to the training center...I don't have junction def yet

Christmas
10-15-2005, 02:46 AM
Those are just examples.

ffxatticus
10-15-2005, 02:50 AM
yeah, but like when do I get the defense junction, it's not even on my gf list?

Christmas
10-15-2005, 02:54 AM
It will sooner or later get to your list in the future, won't it?

PS: Did you just started the game?

ffxatticus
10-15-2005, 02:55 AM
yeah...I just started, and the tutorials were confusing me cuz I didn't have any of the stuff

Christmas
10-15-2005, 02:57 AM
You will be able to get the defense junction as well as other stats related junction as you proceed through the game.

rubah
10-15-2005, 05:36 AM
They probably wrote the tutorials before they set the GF ability learning order and GF getting sequence.

"okay, this is at the start of the game, quezacotl, shiva, and ifrit are tehf irst three, so let's use them.'

then later, in the storyboard room:
"okay, we can only have two characters, so let's give them two GFs."
"We need the player to figure out what's going on."
"Okay, that one chick will be a teacher, make her give the Playable Character a tutorial"
"What if they accidentally select not to see it?"
"Make it occur automatically"

Then, in the fun things scripting room
"Hey, we need some filler for this garden network thing."
"Yeah, and we need to put stuff in the Help menu."
"Well, we have a couple of tutorials they've made, add a reference to those."

HunterFlamebrow
10-15-2005, 02:04 PM
Hey, kinda off topic, but if you're just beginning the game, make sure to draw the GF from the Elvolret boss. It's a very useful one, and that way the tuturiol on Status Junction will actually be practical.

BTW, to skip tuturials, just press Triangle. And don't worry, you can always access them again from the help menu.

ffxatticus
10-16-2005, 12:05 AM
already missed that GF, found out about it this morning when I beat Elvorlret last night:(
I also can't beat Diablo to get him:( any suggestions for beating him?

Neco Arc
10-16-2005, 12:28 AM
You will be able to get the defense junction as well as other stats related junction as you proceed through the game.

I've never seen a defence junction before, unless you mean vitality or status/elemental defence...

ffxatticus
10-16-2005, 03:30 AM
also, I just escaped from Timber and supposibly I'm suppose to go through the woods and fall asleep again, but nothing is happening. anyone know why?

Neco Arc
10-16-2005, 03:49 AM
are you in the right forest
there will be a cutscene and you will encounter Laguna again near the excavation site

Christmas
10-16-2005, 03:58 AM
I've never seen a defence junction before, unless you mean vitality or status/elemental defence...

Whatever stat junction is shown in the tutorial as he mentioned.

I think the point here is that he wanted to know why he wasn't given a junction that is not shown in the tutorial and not specifically goes into details of it since you can get every stats related junction later on in the game which the thread starter didn't know since he just started playing.

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
10-16-2005, 10:55 AM
It's up to you, but its a bit like getting a new Digital camera or something. Sometimes its better to play around with it than read the manual. Skip the tutorials and see what work for you. (The tutorials probably assume that you fight LOADSSS and learn all the abilities SUPERQUICK!!!)

ShaunOfShadou
10-17-2005, 05:28 AM
also, I just escaped from Timber and supposibly I'm suppose to go through the woods and fall asleep again, but nothing is happening. anyone know why?
The forest is located between a split in a wall of rock. When you enter it, it'll take you to a seperate map, where you fall asleep.

As for being Diablos, draw the Demi spell from him and cast it back at him. Then just use regular attacks and GFs, making sure at least one of your characters has items or curative magic.

sub zero
10-21-2005, 01:23 PM
for diablos you need selphie zell and squall. have squall with about 3-4k of hp + attack rating about 100 power should do.
wait till it dose gravija use zells duel and squalls reszuken and have selphie cast full cure useing the slots limit rinse and repeat. you might wanna have "WAIT" battle mode on.

TheSpoonyBard
10-21-2005, 01:32 PM
For Diablos just Draw and Stock Demi spells, then cast the ones in your stockpile. Repeatedly doing so will bring Diablos' HP down low enough to be finished off with physical attacks. Also, whenever Diablos is hit by a Stocked Demi he will cast Curaga on the characters, so you'll always be at full HP. Blind can help reduce damage from his physical attacks if you're having trouble drawing Demi spells from him.