PDA

View Full Version : Animal Crossing.

The Shoeless Hobo
10-15-2005, 03:41 AM
Yesterday, I randomly bought a GameCube and Animal Crossing. The GameCube is great, I like it more than my PS2 and Xbox. But the problem is Animal Crossing. What the hell is the point of this game? Do you just run around from point A to point B delivering items? Someone please enlighten me.

Also, what games are a must to buy on the GameCube?

Trumpet Thief
10-15-2005, 03:51 AM
chaos: Well at the beginning the game is like that. Afterwards, you have more freedom. You can volunteer to help others, go fishing, add stuff to your house, learn some tunes, etc. etc.

Rubedo: It gets pretty fun and addicting after a while. Be sure to stick around during the holidays! Christmas in Animal Crossing is a blast. :p

Albedo: *Laughs maniacally* Must have games? I'd say Super Smash Brothers Melee, Tales of Symphonia, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, WWE Day of Reckoning. Of course, your tastes might be different.

Necronopticous
10-15-2005, 03:53 AM
Either you'll love Animal Crossing and you'll be addicted for months adding on to your house and watching your town grow, or you'll hate it and think it's a waste of time.

To name a few of my "must" GameCube games:

Resident Evil 4 (even if you don't like any of the other Resident Evil games)
Legend of Zelda: the Wind Waker
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

Agent Proto
10-15-2005, 04:11 AM
Animal Crossing is the kind of game that requires your attention a lot of times. Ignore it for days/weeks/etc and not much is going to happen in your game besides having weeds grow in your town.

It's not really fun, you pretty much do whatever you want as limited in the game. You can chop down trees, but you will need to wait to be able to buy an axe for that. The longer you play and what not, you'll be able to do some stuff.

However, as I said, it requires a lot of your attention to get stuff in the game. It's really not worth it if you don't intend to play it daily.

omnitarian
10-15-2005, 04:23 AM
What the hell is the point of this game? Do you just run around from point A to point B delivering items? Someone please enlighten me.

You basically do whatever you want for an hour or two a day. There's animals to talk to, weeds to pull, trees to plant, bugs and fish to catch, a house to decorate, items to collect, things to dig up... but if you don't find any of these tasks "fun", then yeah, Animal Crossing isn't the right game for you. My advice is to play for a bit longer.

Good GCN games... I went through those recently (http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1341884&postcount=2), even though I left out a few.

Lady Selphie
10-15-2005, 01:37 PM
The GameCube is great, I like it more than my PS2 and Xbox.

I agree, anh here the games I advice you to buy it:
-Mario Kart Double Dash.
-Super Smash Bros. Melee.
-Metriod Prime 2 Echos.
-Mario Power Tennis.
-Mario Party 6.
-Resident Evil 4.

those games will be available soon:
-Zelda: Twilight Princess.
-Dance Dance Revolution Mario Mix.
-Mario Base Ball.

Sepho
10-15-2005, 05:34 PM
Animal Crossing can be described as a big gimmick or a mass of gimmicky features. Even if you don't enjoy playing it, it's mucho interesting and progressive from a developer's standpoint.

I personally think it's pretty dull. I can't play games where I don't feel like I'm getting anywhere or accomplishing anything. Same reason I can't endure more than a few hours of games like Morrowind.

XxSephirothxX
10-15-2005, 05:46 PM
I loved Animal Crossing and was obsessed with it for a few months. I've got a friend who still plays it after buying it when it came out two years ago. It didn't hold my interest that long, but I'd really like to get the DS version when it comes out. I just need a DS. :(

fantasyjunkie
10-15-2005, 08:25 PM
My whole family played Animal Crossing addictivley for a year. We got to the point where me, the kid and my wife each had our own memory cards so we could visit each others towns. It is one of the most insidious, addictive games I have ever played in my 20+ years of gaming :)

Dixie
10-15-2005, 08:36 PM
I love it!

*Goes to play Animal Crossing*

Swordicanus
10-16-2005, 12:48 AM
Yesterday, I randomly bought a GameCube and Animal Crossing. The GameCube is great, I like it more than my PS2 and Xbox. But the problem is Animal Crossing. What the hell is the point of this game? Do you just run around from point A to point B delivering items? Someone please enlighten me.

Also, what games are a must to buy on the GameCube?

YEAH NITENDO IS GREAT.............IF YOUR 9-10 YEARS OLD ....LOL......WITH THE EXCEPTION OF ABOUT 4

The Shoeless Hobo
10-16-2005, 03:06 AM
YEAH NITENDO IS GREAT.............IF YOUR 9-10 YEARS OLD ....LOL......WITH THE EXCEPTION OF ABOUT 4

DUDE, I ALREADY OWN A PS2 AND AN XBOX. I BOUGHT A GAMECUBE BECAUSE I WANTED TO PLAY SOME ORIGINAL AND FUN GAMES THAT ARE ONLY AVILABLE ON GAMECUBE. I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO BUYING FINAL FANTASY CC, TALES OF SYMPONIA (sp?) AND BATEN KAITOS.

Seriously now, just because I choose to play some G+ rated games doesn't make me a kid. You're probably some 10 year old playing Manhunt.

Swordicanus
10-16-2005, 10:46 AM
No I'm actually 16 and I just don't like playing as a semi gay plumber