PDA

View Full Version : Vannilla Sky....

anti.machine
10-15-2005, 07:05 AM
....i just watched vanilla sky with tom cruise and all i can say is i was left speechless that movie blew my mind.

udsuna
10-15-2005, 07:36 AM
Oh, it blew, all right....

But, I'm a sci-fi lover, so it's not like the "surprise ending" was all that great. A little better than the overdone insane asylum twist, but still.... bleh. And the romance angle on the story was a dead fish.

So... mediocre sci-fi aspect. Mediocre romantic plot. And Tom Cruise couldn't act his way out of a wet paper sack. Although the supporting cast and leading ladies were pretty good.

Although the end was nice. Cruise taking a flying leap off a skyscraper.... .

nik0tine
10-15-2005, 07:40 AM
I saw it a few years ago and I thought it sucked.

Destai
10-15-2005, 11:38 AM
I thought you said Vanilla ice with Tom Cruise and I thought this could be one of those Vanilla Ice is an ass threads. Needless to say Im dissapointed. Does Tom Cruise do anything but Sci-fi these days? Minority report, war of the worlds, vannilla sky.

Swordicanus
10-15-2005, 12:04 PM
"I'll tell you in another life when we are both cats" what I thought of it

udsuna
10-15-2005, 12:19 PM
I thought you said Vanilla ice with Tom Cruise and I thought this could be one of those Vanilla Ice is an ass threads. Needless to say Im dissapointed. Does Tom Cruise do anything but Sci-fi these days? Minority report, war of the worlds, vannilla sky.

Does "not very good" count as "anything but scifi"? No, I suppose not in this case... and this from the noble genre that produced such movies as Star Wars, Gattaca, and Terminator. :cry:

Destai
10-15-2005, 12:31 PM
Does "not very good" count as "anything but scifi"? No, I suppose not in this case... and this from the noble genre that produced such movies as Star Wars, Gattaca, and Terminator. :cry:
I thought war of the worlds was pretty good. The other two were dumb though if ya ask me.

Slothy
10-15-2005, 01:52 PM
I saw it back when it came out and hated it, especially by the time it got to the end. I would have been happier if he was crazy, or actually being screwed with, but the sci-fi ending just came out of left field and struck me as a bit of lazy writing to end a bad movie before it could get worse. The only redeeming factor was that you got to watch Tom Cruise losing his mind, then again, if I wanted to see that I could turn on Entertainment Tonight or some other such garbage. He just seems to get wierder by the day.

Dreddz
10-15-2005, 06:06 PM
I didnt like it, I prefered the spanish original.........

kikimm
10-15-2005, 06:25 PM
I thought it was okay. Not something I'd want to see again, but it was all right the first time through.

Rinoa_Heartillly
10-17-2005, 06:02 AM
That movie just left me all, "WTF?!" After that I need two weeks of medical treatment.

Azure Chrysanthemum
10-17-2005, 06:14 AM
I really disliked this movie. It just wasn't that good to me, the plot was just confusing for confusion's sake, and the ending was an utter, utter cop out.