PDA

View Full Version : About Teta

greymon138
10-15-2005, 02:36 PM
This question is bothering my mind.
We all know that Teta's job is Delita's Sis right? So what do you think her skills will be?:confused: Is she like Alma(cleric) or maybe a knight(what!!!!).
And also....
Is she a Lucavi? I ask this(even if this question is dumb....:D ) because her HP, Level, Exp. etc. are all ????????????????. Is it true(i guess not.... i mean never!)

BG-57
10-15-2005, 02:48 PM
I'm guessing Cleric, since she's friends with Alma and would logically take the same classes at the Academy. Even Ovelia's skill set is similar.

No she's not a Lucavi. Her real job is Victim.

greymon138
10-15-2005, 02:54 PM
My guess is also a Cleric.
I know that she is not a Lucavi. Just asked that dumb question.
Another Teta question:
How did Teta saved Delita from the explosion at Ft. Zeakden? Did she used magic? But she is dead that time right?

BG-57
10-15-2005, 03:09 PM
I think she just acted as a shield.

greymon138
10-15-2005, 03:11 PM
A shield? Then Delita used her as a shield!? Oh, poor Teta......

BG-57
10-15-2005, 03:14 PM
Well, not intentionally I suspect. He seemed too distracted with grief at the time to notice his own personal safety.

But the Delita we meet later would certainly be capable of doing that.

greymon138
10-15-2005, 03:18 PM
Right. Delita became bad after Teta died.

BG-57
10-15-2005, 03:21 PM
To put it charitably, yes.

In his defense he's only as much a monster as the scheming noblemen and church officials he constantly deals with. But he had the potential to become a great man like Ramza and threw it away.

Do you think had it been Alma that Ramza would have made the same choices that Delita did?

greymon138
10-16-2005, 01:47 PM
I can't understand very much your question(maybe because I can't understand your english. BTW, english is my third language). But as I understand:
I don't think so, because Ramza inherited his father's traits. He would never do what Delita did(I think its wrong grammar....). And also, Ramza is a good boy....

Raven Bladewind
10-16-2005, 04:42 PM
She doesnt have skills shes just there for story line and add to the plot of why Delita wants revenge on the nobles and death corps. I know this because i wanted to see her skills so I tried to revive her, you cant doesnt allow you to target her.

feioncastor
10-16-2005, 06:24 PM
Right. Delita became bad after Teta died.
I wouldn't say "bad". He just finally had enough, and her death clinched it for him. He was sick of being used by Ramza, and everyone else. He wanted to be the one using others, so that's what he did. He used Goltana, Vormav, Funeral, Ovelia, and host of other people just to get ahead in life, and it worked.

BG-57
10-16-2005, 07:23 PM
I can't understand very much your question(maybe because I can't understand your english. BTW, english is my third language). But as I understand:
I don't think so, because Ramza inherited his father's traits. He would never do what Delita did(I think its wrong grammar....). And also, Ramza is a good boy....

You understood me just fine. :)

I wouldn't say "bad". He just finally had enough, and her death clinched it for him. He was sick of being used by Ramza, and everyone else. He wanted to be the one using others, so that's what he did. He used Goltana, Vormav, Funeral, Ovelia, and host of other people just to get ahead in life, and it worked.

When did Ramza use Delita? I mean his brothers sure did, but it strikes me that Ramza and Delita always kept a cordial (although a little tense) friendship. I agree about the using part and as I said, he's no worse than Funeral or Goltana. But his crown was purchased at a tremendous cost in both blood and souls.

TurkSlayer
10-16-2005, 08:19 PM
It can be argued that Delita became a bad person after Teta's deathBut in the end, was what he did so bad? True, he used people, but most of those he used were worse than he was anyway, besides Ramza and Ovellia, and perhaps someone else I'm just forgetting. The only evidence we have of him killing a truly innocent person is the man who disguised himself as Orlandu, but that man was willing to die anyway, and it served to keep someone else with an even greater purpose alive. He also assisted Ramza many times, though it was ussually for his own gain. And in the end, he helped end a war and unite Ivalice. Now, he did cut off Balmafula's tongue, and that is unforgivable. He also killed Ovelia, but she stabbed him first, so who could blame him? In the end, he wasn't really a bad guy, just a man who was tired of being used and decided instead to become the user.

greymon138
10-17-2005, 01:47 PM
She doesnt have skills shes just there for story line and add to the plot of why Delita wants revenge on the nobles and death corps. I know this because i wanted to see her skills so I tried to revive her, you cant doesnt allow you to target her.
That is why I am asking of what do you think her skills are. Have any guesses? And I also know that you can't revive her(I tried it too....):tongue:

Roogle
10-18-2005, 09:54 PM
From the Final Fantasy Tactics Battle Mechanics Guide:

1C [Delita's Sis]
==============================================================================
Younger sister of Delita Hyral. Supported each other since their parents died
at a young age.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMAND SET: 23 MAGIC | SPRITE: Teta
EQ: <nothing>
IMMUNE: Crystal, Undead, Charging, Jumping, Defending, Performing, Petrify,
Invite, Darkness, Confusion, Silence, Blood Suck, Treasure, Oil,
Float, Reraise, Transparent, Berserk, Chicken, Frog, Critical, Poison,
Regen, Protect, Shell, Haste, Slow, Stop, Faith, Innocent, Charm,
Sleep, Don't Move, Don't Act, Reflect, Death Sentence
INNATE: Auto-Dead
HPM: 0 | MPM: 0 | SpM: 0 | PAM: 0 | MAM: 0 | Move: 0 | C.Ev: 0%
HPC: 0 | MPC: 0 | SpC: 0 | PAC: 0 | MAC: 0 | Jump: 0 | TYPE: Special
==============================================================================

She has no statistical growth and will always automatically be knocked out in battle; because of this, she is immune to a lot of status effects, enhancing effects, and cannot become crystalized.

Her command set is Magic.

23 [MAGIC]
-----------
Delita's Sis
-----------
(A) Cure - 50 JP
(A) Wish - 0 JP

JP to Master: 50 JP

She lacks the standard reaction, support, and movement abilities that every class in the game has. If you want to interpret it as a storyline point, you could say that Teta was not as far along in her classes as Alma and Ovelia, or that, at that point in the story, those girls had not learned the magic that we see them with later on.

Alma, Teta, and Ovelia are all trained in clerical duties. Through their studies of the scriptures of God, they are able to use a small amount of holy magic formed from pure spirit.

Magic Barrier is the manifestation of the will to protect a loved one. It bestows the target with a holy light granting numerous positive status effects.

Dispel II is the manifestation of the will to save a loved one. It dispels any impure status effects upon the target.

An interesting thing to note is that, while Teta never learned either of these abilities, she did have Wish, an ability shared only between Ramza, Alma, Delita, and herself.

darkblade117
10-18-2005, 11:27 PM
i like what feion said about delita.. but yeah... i feel that delita just got sick of being used... i can relate to the guy sometimes (even though he's a video game character doesn't mean u can't learn from them)

greymon138
10-19-2005, 01:45 PM
From the Final Fantasy Tactics Battle Mechanics Guide:

She has no statistical growth and will always automatically be knocked out in battle; because of this, she is immune to a lot of status effects, enhancing effects, and cannot become crystalized.

Her command set is Magic.

She lacks the standard reaction, support, and movement abilities that every class in the game has. If you want to interpret it as a storyline point, you could say that Teta was not as far along in her classes as Alma and Ovelia, or that, at that point in the story, those girls had not learned the magic that we see them with later on.

Alma, Teta, and Ovelia are all trained in clerical duties. Through their studies of the scriptures of God, they are able to use a small amount of holy magic formed from pure spirit.

Magic Barrier is the manifestation of the will to protect a loved one. It bestows the target with a holy light granting numerous positive status effects.

Dispel II is the manifestation of the will to save a loved one. It dispels any impure status effects upon the target.

An interesting thing to note is that, while Teta never learned either of these abilities, she did have Wish, an ability shared only between Ramza, Alma, Delita, and herself.

Wow! :eek: That's a detailed answer. Now I am sure that her job is related to clerics ok.......:tongue:

conan
10-20-2005, 10:22 AM
hey i got a question - why does everyone keep saying spoiler???

Despotus
10-20-2005, 11:56 AM
If someone wants to say something that could potentially spoil the plot: give away the ending, tell that an important character is going to die during the game, or reveal a major twist in the story, etc., they put "spoiler tags" around that information. The spoiler icon looks like this :eek: and is above the screen where you type your post. If you are going to post a "spoiler", please highlight the text you want to hide and click on that icon.

To see the hidden spoiler text on someone else's post, just hold the left mouse button and drag it across the part of the message that appears to be empty, like this stuff right here, to highlight the hidden info; but you've been warned that it might ruin parts of the game if it's your first time playing it.:tongue:

Roogle
10-20-2005, 01:24 PM
Wow! :eek: That's a detailed answer. Now I am sure that her job is related to clerics ok.......:tongue:

Yes. Alma and Teta were given equal opportunities in education. Teta may have been neglecting her studies because of others picking on her.

greymon138
10-20-2005, 01:37 PM
Oh, is that why her skills are only cure and wish huh?

Roogle
10-20-2005, 02:08 PM
You can interpret it as a nod to the story and think of it that way.

It might not be that way, though - developers can put things into the game just because they can. Did you know that Balmafula has a class and a class description? Did you know that Zalmo, the heresy examiner, has extra abilities if he is equipped with a sword?

Azure Chrysanthemum
10-20-2005, 02:27 PM
Much of it could have been things that were intended for the game but were cut for one reason or another.

greymon138
10-20-2005, 02:29 PM
What!!!!!
What is Balmafula's class? She is a magician right?
Zalmo has extra abilities with a sword???? But he is a priest right?

Roogle
10-21-2005, 06:18 AM
Balmafula is an Arc Witch. This means that she is a reincarnated witch who contracts with the power of darkness. She is able to equip knives, robes, clothes, and accessories.

Zalmo, if equipped with a sword, is able to use a few Magic Sword abilities, but we never see him equipped with a sword.

Swords can be used by anyone that knows how to use them. Ignoring the job changing aspect of the game, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the main characters knew how to wield a sword aside from the Clerics. Rafa is seen holding a sword when she goes after the assassins on the roof, and Balmafula gets out a knife when she tries to fight against Delita.

That being said, out of all the playable characters, Teta, Alma, and Ovelia were probably the most out of place on the battlefield. They did not have any battle training at all and this is probably the reason Alma says that she wishes she was born a man, so that she could actually fight alongside Ramza.

Azure Chrysanthemum
10-21-2005, 06:58 AM
Roogle is right about Alma's comment about being born a man. Had she been born male, she would have trained formal battle training like the other Beoulves instead of being sent to Orbonne. The Priest (Or white mage, if you prefer) class is still a battlefield class and meant for characters that are able to go into battle. Clerics are essentially cloistered for most of their lives, and don't really have a place on the battlefield.

Roogle
10-21-2005, 08:20 AM
Zalmo is a Holy Priest. This is different from the standard Priest job that playable characters have access to.

A Holy Priest must use the Equip Sword support ability to use the additional skills provided to him.

The Second Advent
10-22-2005, 11:44 PM
Roogle is right about Alma's comment about being born a man. Had she been born male, she would have trained formal battle training like the other Beoulves instead of being sent to Orbonne. The Priest (Or white mage, if you prefer) class is still a battlefield class and meant for characters that are able to go into battle. Clerics are essentially cloistered for most of their lives, and don't really have a place on the battlefield.

not necessarily, i mean look at agrias

greymon138
10-23-2005, 01:37 PM
Wow, Arc Witch....:love: Wonder what her skills are...

Yup, Agrias is a girl but a knight(holy knight to be specific...)

The Second Advent
10-23-2005, 04:09 PM
Yeah, but shes a girl and she has a place on the battle field

Azure Chrysanthemum
10-24-2005, 02:09 AM
I was speaking specifically of the fact that she is a noble, of the Beoulve family, where they probably did not see warrior as a fit occupation for the daughters.

Roogle
10-24-2005, 04:16 AM
Wow, Arc Witch....:love: Wonder what her skills are...

Yup, Agrias is a girl but a knight(holy knight to be specific...)

Balmafula is described by her help window as a reborn witch who wields the mighty power of darkness. If you were to look at her skills, though, she would have none. Arc Witch has no command set and no abilities designated to it.

Alma does not have a place on the battlefield. She is, like Ovelia, sent to Orbonne to study scripture and become a more refined lady.

Lynx
11-04-2005, 11:18 PM
when did they say Delita cut out Balmafula tounge?

also i dont think Delita meant he used teta as a shield or that she even shielded him from the blast. i thin after the blast he was wounded but instead of just dying he decided to avenge her death. her death gave him the will to live and to do whatever it takes to be great.

TurkSlayer
11-05-2005, 03:34 AM

Its what he did when she couldn't attack him because she loved him. You'll notice in the final scene, she doesn't say anything, unlike Olan, who had a lot of dialog. Its not stated in the American version, but I think it is in the Japanese. Its not the only thing that wasn't in the American version, though the only other thing I can think of is Rafa's rape.

ShunNakamura
11-05-2005, 04:52 AM
Its not the only thing that wasn't in the American version, though the only other thing I can think of is Rafa's rape.

Wait... on my first play through(before I read up on the game) I was aware of that, and I did play the american version(being american it makes sense). Or do you meant thier was an actual scene depicting it? That I don't recall, but I do know that it happened... guess I better go hunting and see if I can come up with some quotes.

TurkSlayer
11-05-2005, 04:51 PM
Wait... on my first play through(before I read up on the game) I was aware of that, and I did play the american version(being american it makes sense). Or do you meant thier was an actual scene depicting it? That I don't recall, but I do know that it happened... guess I better go hunting and see if I can come up with some quotes.

In the American version, they don't ever actually say it, they just give hints. In the Japanese version, they actually say she was raped.

BG-57
11-05-2005, 04:56 PM
There's a scene where Rafa is complaining about being taken advantage of by their adoptive father and Malak silences her before she can finish.

TurkSlayer
11-05-2005, 05:21 PM
There's a scene where Rafa is complaining about being taken advantage of by their adoptive father and Malak silences her before she can finish.

Like I said, it was only hinted. She says "You know what he did to me!", then Malak slaps her. Their adoptive father (I always forget his name) also talks about it when she tries to strike him but can't. It was something like: "You can't do it, can you? Its because you remember what it felt like..." Malak hears this and saves his sister.

Roogle
11-11-2005, 08:09 PM

It was implied. I don't think it was ever stated in either version of the game, but Balmafula never talks after she confronts Delita and he rushes at her. All she can do is scream.

Ramza
11-17-2005, 10:12 PM
I wonder what happens if you phonex down Teta when you battle Algus.........

BG-57
11-18-2005, 01:31 AM
Please be patient and people will eventually answer your questions. :greenie:

Anytime you try to throw a consumable item like Pheonix Down, a gauge tells you the percentage chance that it'll work. I've tried with Teta and the chance of it working is 0%. In other words, even if it lands square on her, she's incapable of being revived.

It wouldn't bother me so much except the stars over her head are something you see over fallen guest characters and they can usually be revived.

Azure Chrysanthemum
11-18-2005, 03:30 AM
Ramza, do not post five times in a row, especially within the span of five minutes. This is a forum, not a chat room, it takes time for people to answer your posts.

Roogle
11-18-2005, 10:53 AM
It wouldn't bother me so much except the stars over her head are something you see over fallen guest characters and they can usually be revived.

If she was not listed as Guest and knocked out with those stars over her, she would have had to be an obstacle and that probably wouldn't work as well while you're fighting — her being a Guest makes the player question whether or not she's still alive and gives the development team a way to keep her from being just a random tile that you cannot step on.

BG-57
11-18-2005, 12:09 PM
I always assumed they gave her the stars so she wouldn't turn into a life crystal. Her lifeless body is needed in the next scene, so the guest stars prevent her from vanishing.

I know it's a no-win situation, but it still irks me they way they handled it. If there's no hope of reviving her, they should just remove the stars. I wasted a lot of time and trouble getting onto that bridge. :mad: