PDA

View Full Version : Is something wrong with me game?

Pouring Rain
10-15-2005, 03:37 PM
I just bought Xenosaga Episode II like two days ago, and on these two FMVs take like forever to load. Like the one with Your Holyness dude and the one after it. I'm waiting for the one after that, and its still not loading after 35 minutes! Is it the game, or my PS2? It doesn't do that with the other games. What the heck is going on? Could ya help a sista out?

Maxico
10-15-2005, 05:47 PM
It could be a number of things. Try cleaning your disk.

Pouring Rain
10-16-2005, 01:02 AM
Well, we did. Oh, and I just found out there was a scratch. Must of been what that dude at the store was trying to hide

Venom
10-16-2005, 01:00 PM
go up to that dude in the store and beat the hell out of him,and make him eat that disc!!!!:D

Pouring Rain
10-16-2005, 03:55 PM
Oh my. Nah, we're friends with the manager, so I think I'll fire him xD

Aphelion
10-16-2005, 04:00 PM
Well, that happened to my Star Ocean: Till the End of Time second disk, even though there were no scratches in it. Perhaps it's just a reading error in your PS2, try to get another copy and it'll probably work. If it doesn't, though...you should probably get your console cleaned, or else you're going to have a succession of unfortunate loading events...

Vyk
10-16-2005, 05:24 PM
Yeah. Scratches don't always cause as much trouble as people think. Though they certainly aren't good for a game. They don't always ruin it. That's a likely culprit. But don't assume that's the case. It seems when PS2's are about to die, they get real finicky about certain games before getting finicky about all games. Hopefully it's just the scratch, you should be able to get the store to replace it.

Dreddz
10-16-2005, 06:01 PM
Go back to the store and complain, even if the stratch wasnt his :)

Pouring Rain
10-16-2005, 07:50 PM
Dark Dragon Knight:
Um, okay. And I can afford a console cleaning?

Vyk:
Scratches are almost the problem to my games. The other problem is of old age. And hey, I just got it like 2 years ago! No way my PS2 is acting up of old age!

Dreddz:
Thats what I'm talking about!

Aphelion
10-16-2005, 09:35 PM
Mine started giving me trouble with 6 months. Don't rely on age when it comes to electric components...

A complete cleaning shouldn't be too expensive, just send it to a specialized store you trust (or else they'll steal some components - personal advice). It shouldn't cost more than $30. Honestly, I paid even less, and my console came back as new after a week (I had to buy a new board or something like that, so it took longer than expected). Two to three days and it's back. Don't worry too much about it, though; if the rest of your games start giving you trouble (even the non-scratched ones), then, start to consider a cleaning, because once a PS2 is open, it will never be the same again...

Venom
10-16-2005, 09:57 PM
I still think killing the guy who sold it to you is the best option:D

Pouring Rain
10-17-2005, 02:27 AM
....I don't think there's anyone around here that will do that, chaos

xDDDDDDDDD

Black Mage
10-17-2005, 02:43 AM
The obvious solution is to take the game back to the store you purchased it and get a refund or a replacement.

So long as you still have the receipt and you're still with in a reasonable amount of time from the purchase, you shouldn't have any problems.

Jukarei
10-21-2005, 10:21 PM
But that takes all the fun out of it! :choc2:

Pouring Rain
10-22-2005, 01:10 AM
I got a new one xD There's a new manager?! Anyway, manager was like "Oh no, what now?!" to the dude. And he was being all mean to the sales dude and stuff. He might be gettin fired....