PDA

View Full Version : FF7 OST = FF:AC OST

Dinnova
10-15-2005, 07:16 PM
Has anyone noticed that alot of the music in FF:AC is a remake from the oringinal game.

Besides the obvious: One Winged Angle, Aerith's Theam, JENOVA, Tifa's Theme.
Here are some that i figured out.

Kita no Daikudo = The Great Northern Cave(little obvious)
The Chase of Highway = Crazy Motorcycle
Violator = Shinra Company
Sign = FF VII Main Theme(dark)

Neways dont no if some of u guys have noticed it. There a little obvious once you know what your lissoning for. I think that there are more but i cant figure em out. Just thought you would like to know.:)

If anyone knows anymore, plz tell.

GunbladeMaster
10-15-2005, 07:35 PM
have they added any new songs to the AC soundtrack that werent in the original?

G SpOtZ
10-15-2005, 08:04 PM
probably

Neco Arc
10-16-2005, 12:34 AM
the promised land, divinity? if im not mistaken

Shoden
10-16-2005, 01:02 AM
Calling, The promised land, Divinity I and II, Battle in the forgotten city, beyond the wasteland, Black water and Advent: One winged angel thats all I can think of.

Dinnova
10-16-2005, 01:49 AM
have they added any new songs to the AC soundtrack that werent in the original?
na, they didnt add any new ones. Would have been sweet if they did add a couple of remakes, like Birth of a god. That would rock!

boys from the dwarf
10-16-2005, 09:28 AM
it would be good if they did but oh well.
P.S i wanna be the last poster before this threads closed!!!LOL!!!

GunbladeMaster
10-16-2005, 09:45 AM
O HELL NO!!!
U TRYING TO STEAL MY GLORY TOO!?
FIRST THEY STEAL IT IN DESERT ROSE BUT NOW THIS?
THIS JUS AINT RIGHT!
**posts last post**

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
10-16-2005, 02:01 PM
wot is this with wantin the last post all of a sudden. jus sounds a bit daft to me (or is it some new gimmick!?). if ur jus jokin round then don't mind me

GunbladeMaster
10-16-2005, 02:10 PM
im just joking around but the jokes over now

RaidenWeb17
10-17-2005, 03:20 PM
ha its mine, bizzzotch

Sefie1999AD
10-17-2005, 05:18 PM
Here's a list of the songs in FFVII AC soundtrack and the FFVII themes played during them.

DISC 1
* Opening - Taken from FFVII's track Opening ~ Bombing Mission.
* The Promised Land - A new theme.
* Beyond the Wasteland - Has parts from Sephiroth's theme, "Those Chosen by the Planet".
* Sign - It reminds me a bit about FFVII's song "Who Am I?", but I don't think it uses any themes from VII.
* Tifa's Theme - Taken from FFVII Piano Collections. Uses Tifa's Theme (well doh :p).
* For the Reunion - A new track.
* Those Who Fight - Taken from FFVII Piano Collections. Uses FFVII's normal battle theme.
* Water - Reminds me a lot about other FFs (FFX?), but I think it's a new theme.
* Materia - A new track.
* Black Water - A new track.
* Aerith's Theme - Taken from FFVII Piano Collections. Uses Aeris' Theme from FFVII.
* Battle in the Forgotten City - A new track. It reminds me a bit about FFVIII, though.
* Violator - The beginning sounds like the Shinra Corporation's theme.
* The Great Northern Cave - Uses FFVII's track "The Great Northern Cave", which is the second world map theme. It plays on the world map after the Meteor has been summoned. It might also play during your first visit to the Northern Crater, after Gaea's Cliff.

DISC 2
* Divinity I - A new theme.
* Those Who Fight - Harder to recognise, but it's a rock remix of FFVII's normal battle theme.
* Those Who Fight Further - Again, harder to recognise, but it's a rock remix of FFVII's boss battle theme.
* Divinity II - A new theme. It has a moment where Aeris' theme plays.
* Encounter - A new track.
* The Chase of Highway - Uses the Turks' Theme.
* Savior - A new track.
* J-E-N-O-V-A - A remix of FFVII's song J-E-N-O-V-A. It sounds a lot like the version performed by the Black Mages, but it's shorter and the arrangement is somewhat different.
* Advent: One-Winged Angel - A remake of FFVII's song, One-Winged Angel.
* Cloud Smiles - It reminds me about FFX and FFX-2's ending themes. It's a new track, though the ending sounds like it has references to Aeris' theme.
* End Credits - It uses the Main Theme of Final Fantasy VII, Aeris' theme and the main FF (Prologue) theme.
* CALLING - A "new" song, not made by Square Enix.

GunbladeMaster
10-17-2005, 05:20 PM
u went to a lot of trouble it looks like

Dinnova
10-17-2005, 09:15 PM
Here's a list of the songs in FFVII AC soundtrack and the FFVII themes played during them.

Wow, that puts my list to shame:cry:

Rostum
10-17-2005, 09:30 PM
Water - Reminds me a lot about other FFs (FFX?), but I think it's a new theme.

I believe this is a remix of Aeris' theme.

Neco Arc
10-18-2005, 08:41 AM
it is me or is it that part of the end credits also has the staff roll music in it

Russielloyd
10-18-2005, 09:41 AM
"The Calling" was a popular song made back in 1987 i do believe.

Sefie1999AD
10-18-2005, 02:21 PM
I believe this is a remix of Aeris' theme.

Is it? Aeris' theme plays quite a few times during the movie, but I can't recognise the melody in the song "Water". Where can you hear Aeris' theme playing during the song?

The Chase of Highway = Crazy Motorcycle

I thought about this myself too, but I can't recognise the Crazy Motorcycle theme in the Chase of Highway. The Turk theme is very clear, though. If you know which parts of the Chase of Highway has the Crazy Motorcycle theme, could you point out those parts? The rock arrangements of the themes are harder for me to recognise.

it is me or is it that part of the end credits also has the staff roll music in it

It does. The main Final Fantasy Theme, which plays in most of the FFs (FFI's bridge-crossing, FFIII's first crystal jobs, FFIV's prologue, before the final battle and ending, FFV's ending, FFVI's ending, FFVII's ending credits, FFVIII's ending party and FFIX's ending credits), is played during AC's ending credits, and that theme is also played in FFVII's song Staff Roll.

Note that FFVII's Staff Roll also uses the FFVII Opening theme and the Main Theme of Final Fantasy VII. The Main Theme of Final Fantasy VII is played on the world map during Disc 1 and the beginning of Disc 2. A more cheerful version of it can be heard in the songs "Steal the Tiny Bronco" and "Highwind Takes to the Skies" (the airship theme). AC's End Credits also use the Main Theme of Final Fantasy VII.

Dinnova
10-18-2005, 05:04 PM
I thought about this myself too, but I can't recognise the Crazy Motorcycle theme in the Chase of Highway. The Turk theme is very clear, though. If you know which parts of the Chase of Highway has the Crazy Motorcycle theme, could you point out those parts? The rock arrangements of the themes are harder for me to recognise.

Ya, its hard to figure it out. I'm prety sure its it though. ABout 1:23 seconds into the Highway chase song and about 0:47 into the crazy motorcycle song is a point that sounds simular.

RiTaPuffy
10-18-2005, 07:33 PM
I downloaded the ost.

Dinnova
10-19-2005, 08:40 PM
I downloaded the ost.:eek:

I downloaded it to, but i want to buy it when it comes out here. But when does it?

Sefie1999AD
10-19-2005, 10:10 PM
I got my copy of FFVII AC soundtrack a week ago, imported from CD Japan (http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=SQEX-10051). The album covers are pretty nice, as well as the packaging, and it's a nice two-disc collection of all the music in the movie. It's great that Square included all the music, most of the film-makers out there only give out a soundtrack that is only one CD and has barely 45 minutes worth of music from a two-hour-long movie. The audio quality is also very clear, even better than in the movie, and the music was already pretty great during the film. While I'm not a fan of those metal songs, really, I think Uematsu really did a great job of mixing so many styles, from operatic and orchestral music to synth, rock and techno.

RiTaPuffy
10-20-2005, 02:28 AM
I think its missing one song?

THE TURKS THEME SONG, WHERE THE HECK IS IT?!:mad2:

Rostum
10-20-2005, 06:16 AM
Is it? Aeris' theme plays quite a few times during the movie, but I can't recognise the melody in the song "Water". Where can you hear Aeris' theme playing during the song?

How can you not recognise the notes? O.o; It doesn't play out exactly like Aeris' theme, but the notes are defenatly there. Even my girlfriend who has only heard Aeris' theme once a while back, recently heard it and said it sounded like Aeris' them.

Sefie1999AD
10-20-2005, 03:52 PM
THE TURKS THEME SONG, WHERE THE HECK IS IT?!

See above (my list). It's in the song "The Chase of Highway".

How can you not recognise the notes? O.o; It doesn't play out exactly like Aeris' theme, but the notes are defenatly there. Even my girlfriend who has only heard Aeris' theme once a while back, recently heard it and said it sounded like Aeris' them.

The piano notes in the background of "Water" sound like the first six notes of Aeris' theme, and the synth bell instrument does a bit similar pattern. Yeah, parts of Aeris' theme are there, but it's still somewhat vague. So I certainly wouldn't call it a remix of her theme just because there's a few notes of it. Divinity II has Aeris' theme and the Chase of Highway has the Turks' theme playing, but I still wouldn't call those songs remixes of Aeris' or Turks' themes.

Dinnova: In the parts you pointed you pointed out, the Chase of Highway (at 1:23) has choir and distortion guitar whereas the Crazy Motorcycle (at 0:47) has rising synth wave or something like that. I'm still not sure if those parts have the same theme. Though the high-pitched Square Wave pattern playing the background at Crazy Motorcycle does sound like the distortion guitar pattern playing throughout the Chase of Highway. EDIT: And yeah, Tatakau Monotachi is the normal battle theme from FFVII. I can't read Japanese, but in my CD cover, Disc 1 Track 7 has the same title as Disc 2 Track 2, except 1-07 has "[Piano Version]" and 2-02 has "[FFVII AC Version]" after their name, and 1-07 is the piano version of the normal battle theme.

RiTaPuffy
10-20-2005, 07:41 PM
See above (my list). It's in the song "The Chase of Highway".

The piano notes in the background of "Water" sound like the first six notes of Aeris' theme, and the synth bell instrument does a bit similar pattern. Yeah, parts of Aeris' theme are there indeed, but it's still somewhat vague. So I certainly wouldn't call it a remix of her theme just because there's a few notes of it. Divinity II has Aeris' theme and the Chase of Highway has the Turks' theme playing, but I still wouldn't call those songs remixes of Aeris' or Turks' themes.

Dinnova: In the parts you pointed you pointed out, the Chase of Highway (at 1:23) has choir and distortion guitar whereas the Crazy Motorcycle (at 0:47) has rising synth wave or something like that. I'm still not sure if those parts have the same theme. Though the high-pitched Square Wave pattern playing the background at Crazy Motorcycle does sound like the distortion guitar pattern playing throughout the Chase of Highway.
Aww... come on that song should be separated!:cry:

Dinnova
10-20-2005, 08:43 PM
AH now i c. Tatakau Monotachi is the main battle theam. I though it was some kindof remix from the shinra theam. coolness

Destai
10-20-2005, 08:48 PM
How can you not recognise the notes? O.o; It doesn't play out exactly like Aeris' theme, but the notes are defenatly there. Even my girlfriend who has only heard Aeris' theme once a while back, recently heard it and said it sounded like Aeris' them.I dont think they sound similar at all.

Dinnova
10-22-2005, 02:34 AM
Sara ni Tatakau Monotachi is the name for the boss battle music. definently hard to notice.

and I dont c how "water" sounds like Aeris theam.