PDA

View Full Version : DDR players, where art thou?

ShaunOfShadou
10-16-2005, 07:35 AM
I'm sure there are a least a few of you who are dance game enthusiasts such as I, be it DDR or ITG. Who amongst you are DDR/ITG fans, and have you any scores or achievements worthy of mention?

I'm a Heavy (8) player, and some of my accomplishments include:

Do Me (H.I.G.E.O. Mix) Heavy - A
era (nostalmix) Heavy - A
MAX 300 Standard - A
The legend of MAX Standard - A

Not very impressive, but I'm working my way up.

Cipher
10-16-2005, 07:43 AM
Nah, I'm more of a fan of Korea's Exceed: Pump It Up myself. I've never been fond of the four-button setup that DDR has. I think because DDR's four buttons are so closely placed together.

Exceed has five buttons, a top right/left, bottom right/left and center. Can't say I usually pwn in either game, though, but I'm decent in PIU.

ShaunOfShadou
10-16-2005, 07:46 AM
Nah, I'm more of a fan of Korea's Exceed: Pump It Up myself. I've never been fond of the four-button setup that DDR has. I think because DDR's four buttons are so closely placed together.

Exceed has five buttons, a top right/left, bottom right/left and center. Can't say I usually pwn in either game, though, but I'm decent in PIU.
I've seen PIU in action, but from the look of it you need a specialty pad to play it as most platforms don't have sensors in the central position. I can see how that would be fun, though.

Cipher
10-16-2005, 07:50 AM
Oooh. You meant to play at home!

I generally don't bother getting the home version of dancing games, mainly because I live in an apartment and my neighbors are hugely sensitive to sound. Or something. :mad:

But ja. A friend of mine has the home version of DDR and that seemed to be a whole lot more fun than the arcade version. Maybe because I'm self-conscious about dancing and being in a basement kind of relieves the pressure to do well.

ShaunOfShadou
10-16-2005, 08:04 AM
Well, at home or in the arcades, whatever. I've never been to the arcades, which are a lot stricter accuracy-wise, so those scores would probably differ had I tried those songs on one of the machines.

The home versions also take most of the pressure off, like having to pay for three songs, or having to place 20th on the high score list or something. :P

If you get Stepmania (http://www.stepmania.com), you can play PIU or DDR on your computer, which is also a lot of fun. There aren't a lot of PIU song files available, but Stepmania has a feature that automatically generates PIU steps from DDR steps, so whether you want to play DDR or PIU is up to you.

Samuraid
10-16-2005, 08:55 AM
I kinda suck at DDR. :p

ShaunOfShadou
10-16-2005, 09:01 AM
Let's hear your accomplishments anyway.

Samuraid
10-16-2005, 10:38 AM
My brothers own DDR for the PSX back home. I've played some of the slower songs on the highest level and done pretty well, but nothing beyond that. I haven't actually played DDR in about a year.

Markus. D
10-16-2005, 01:07 PM
im masterfull at ddr, most of it

im the only one in australia who can do oreon 78 on maniac and fast forward.

Sephex
10-16-2005, 03:27 PM
I can play pretty good. I can play some hard Heavy songs (I can do a 9 footer once in awhile). I haven't played it in awhile, but I'll probably pick back up on it after I get DDREXTREME for PS2 that was just released.

I frequent a DDR Extreme machine in a local bowling alley where I run into kids go to the same High School I went to. Two of them are really good at the game. Whenever I play against them, I say "It's not fair! I don't have gym class anymore to keep me in constant shape!"

ShaunOfShadou
10-17-2005, 05:13 AM
I can play pretty good. I can play some hard Heavy songs (I can do a 9 footer once in awhile). I haven't played it in awhile, but I'll probably pick back up on it after I get DDREXTREME for PS2 that was just released.
Not a bad choice. Extreme 2 has a really nice song list; a lot of songs from DDR Extreme JP and some from DDR Festival and DDR Party Collection.

-TIDUS-
10-17-2005, 06:02 AM
Hey im 15 and ive been playing ddr since i was 10. I am like uber good. I dont mean to brag but ive gotten an AA on every song in DDR max but not extreme yet, it took me forever to get AA on MAX 300 and the ten footers. But I've gotten AAA on holic, its raining men and moonlight shadow, i play on 2x and heavy

Excelsior
10-17-2005, 06:22 AM
Best Scores:

Max 300 Heavy-A
Maxx Unlimited Heavy-A
The Legend of Max Heavy-B
Paranoia Survivor Heavy-A
Paranoia Survivor Max Heavy-A
Paranoia Survivor Max Oni-C (damn this song to hell!!)

-TIDUS-
10-17-2005, 06:09 PM
yeah pretty much all those songs you just listed, except for Max 300, I havent gotten AA

Tasura
10-18-2005, 06:22 AM
My cousin got my addicted to Stepmania, i can play most songs on 2x, some on 4x and still manage an A or AA, though i dont use the pad, i use the arrow keys, so im not geting the true DDR experience.

ShaunOfShadou
10-18-2005, 07:10 AM
yeah pretty much all those songs you just listed, except for Max 300, I havent gotten AA
You can get an AA on PSMO, but not MAX 300? Something's wrong with that picture. :tongue:

My cousin got my addicted to Stepmania, i can play most songs on 2x, some on 4x and still manage an A or AA, though i dont use the pad, i use the arrow keys, so im not geting the true DDR experience.
I play Stepmania religiously. :) I have AAs on most songs, A's on the faster ones, and no scores on the ones I have thus far deemed impossible (eg. MAX period). I even have some custom songfile mixes in the works, if you'd like to hit me up for some. ;)

Tasura
10-18-2005, 01:49 PM
I'll have to do that some time and add to my 3gb of Stepmania songs, plus the other 2gb that if i ever get board will Stepify.

-TIDUS-
10-18-2005, 05:17 PM

i think you misunderstood, Max 300 is the only ten footer ive gotten an AA on

ShaunOfShadou
10-18-2005, 07:42 PM
i think you misunderstood, Max 300 is the only ten footer ive gotten an AA on
Oh, yeah, I read that wrong. I wondered why anyone could pull off something as complicated as PSMO and couldn't handle the simple 8th runs in Max 300. :tongue: