PDA

View Full Version : Dark Aeons and Ribbon Tips, Please

silent_ultima
10-16-2005, 10:09 AM
I've just level up my character, it's just enuff to kill of Dark Valefor. What I'm asking is that.. do Dark Valefor has the propability of dropping a 4 slot armor with the Break HP Limit and Ribbon abilities? I'm trying to obtaion those abilities, yet the Dark Matter is not easy to come by!

Anyone got any tips on how to get that armor? Preferebly for Tidus.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
10-16-2005, 02:31 PM
there are no tips really. dark valefor does drop armour with four ability slots, break hp limit and ribbon. its very rare but u just have to stick at it. i had to fight him 16 times to get the one i wanted.

its so rare because of all the possibilities. first it whether or not u get armour or a wepaon, then whether the armour has 3 or 4 slots, then whether it has one ability ot 2, then whether the first ability is ribbon or break hp limit or sumthing else entirely, then whether the second ability is ribbon break hp limit or sumthng, then whether or nor that armour is for the person u want. the possibilities are endless!!!

I would reccomend this. level up yuna wakka and tidus. if u can send them al round the sphere grid that would help greatly (top tip: fight one-eye in the monster arena to get triple AP weapons, then go to the valley of the cactuars. with these weapons and the possibility of 3 cactuars per battle, its possible to get 108,000 ap in one battle! OMG!) then get blitz ace and atack reels overdrives (if u dont already have them) then charge them up and save at the top of the hill near the statue before dark valefor. it should only take an attack reels and possibly a blitz ace to kill him. u can also use yuna to sacrifice an aeon wen dark valefor has anoverdrive prepared (keep an aye on the ATB gauge at this point).

Only save the game if u get armour with 4 slots, ribbon and break hplimit (duh! mr state-the-obvious here!) but if the armour is for someone other than tidus wakka or yuna KEEP IT ANYWAY. it will probably take less time to level up that character than it will to get the required piece of armour.

you can get these armour from al dark aeons. but it's just as rare. if u can kill dark shiva then u can kill dark yojimbo. the beuty of dark yojimbo is u need to fight him five times to kill him, so u can kill him for times then save ur game and load up. u will have to start the fights from the beginnign but u will still have all the armour from previous battles! :D this is also a great way to get money and to get ur required armour. u wud recommend doing this instead of trying to kill dark bahamut anima or magus sisters. they are too hard to fight them over and over!

hope this helps! :D

Cruise Control
10-16-2005, 03:02 PM
I didn't know that you could fight him four, save, reload, and do it again. Thats a nice trick!

silent_ultima
10-16-2005, 03:32 PM
so it's all about luck here, ya?

I've beaten it using Anima's pain, it does a 650,000+ damage, then with a whip of Tidus's Caladbold, he is gone for good. My Tidus is at 140+ str and can still do a 90,000+ damage on Dark Valefor.

I've tried the save-and-load trick on Dark Yojimbo, but the problem is I CAN EVEN BEAT HIM IN THE 1ST PLACE! I need to level up, currently i'm hunting down ALL the fiends in SPira in order to complete the Monster Arena. I've captured ALL the fiends but haven't got 10 of each fiends.

Damn so i need to level up all of my character b4 customizing the SPhere Grid, ya?

Cruise Control
10-16-2005, 03:54 PM
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but probably.

silent_ultima
10-16-2005, 04:04 PM
thanx guys..
i'll work on the sphere grid...
and ... *sigh* the blitzball...

Shalashaska
10-16-2005, 11:02 PM
Your best bet for obtaining BHPL/Ribbon armor is, indeed, Dark Yojimbo since you can fight him 4 times in a row then repeat. If he doesn't drop the armor you want, his common item drop (along with all the Dark Aeons) is Dark Matter, so you can save up 99 for Ribbon while armor hunting simultaneously. Also note that you do not have to save and then reset to keep fighting Yojimbo. Simply kill him 4 times, board the airship, then return to the Sunken Cave to fight him again.

If you want to have a much easier time with the last 4 Dark Aeons then your only option, really, is to level up. The first 4 can be beaten with stats under 100 with a good strategy and Anima. On my last playthrough my strongest character was Yuna and her highest stat was Magic at 90. I beat the first 4 Dark Aeons without much trouble (though Dark Shiva takes a bit of luck), but you will have a much easier time if you level up and with the Don Tonberry trick it doesn't take all that long (around 30 seconds for 99 S. Levels if you do it right).

if u can kill dark shiva then u can kill dark yojimbo. Definately not true. The only thing that makes Dark Shiva difficult is her speed. Dark Yojimbo, like Dark Valefor, can use an attack-all move on any given turn making him much more difficult.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
10-17-2005, 12:14 PM
i'll agree with that. i gess i wasn't thinkin. but i wud try to kill shiva before yojimbo. if u can't do it then u aint got a chance against yojimbo.

btw shalashaska, can u tel me the don tonberry trick, ive never heard of it before, and just used the cactuar trick i mentioned above.

My stats are tidus wakka and yuna all with 255 on every stat, and wakka has break hp limit, ribbon, break mp limit and auto phoenix. i'm stil having trouble with the last dark aeons. any good tactics?

ffxfreak93
10-18-2005, 01:05 AM
don tonberry trick

what the hell is that:confused:

silent_ultima
10-23-2005, 09:24 AM
The Don Tonberry trick.

Unlocked Don Tonberry in the Monster Arena. Get 2 of your strongest character, whom had killed most of the fiends in your adventure. (Most probably Tidus and Wakka/Auron). The third character is the one you want to level up.

Equip the third character with the ability Overdrive-AP. Then set his OD mode to comrade. When the battle starts, 2 of your strongest character attacks, thus he will get killed (or severely injured) by Don's Karma attack. Then the 2nd one attack, when the third character's turn (the one you wanna level up), just revive/heal and repeat the process. It helps if the weapon also has the double/triple OD.

plasma_storm
10-24-2005, 10:31 AM
im trying to defeet yojimbo. i beat him 4 times and the music went back to normal and i went back to the save point and then exited the cave looking 4 him. then when i went back into the cave he was in the orriginal place does anyone now were he is 4 the 5th time please help