PDA

View Full Version : Blitzball Tips?

silent_ultima
10-16-2005, 10:11 AM
Anyone can help me with Blitzball? I suck big time, and I do need to beat Blitzball to beat those Dark Aeons (Wakka's stuff is in Blitzball's prize, ya?)

So anyone can help? thanks in advance

redxiiii
10-16-2005, 11:42 AM
I just leveled up my players in exhibition matches.

raskerino
10-16-2005, 01:59 PM
I just give the ball to Jassu (assuming you have the initial team, brother is the bomb!) he has more endurance than most offense, he dribbles up the side. As soon as the defender goes for Jassu but before he reaches him pass the ball to Tidus or whoever you have there, fast=good. He can frequently take a slightly distant shot but pretty close with no one covering or very close with 1 person covering. When helping others win I found they did best doing this over and over, of course it does take a little practice, but it's probably the fastest way to get good.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
10-16-2005, 02:37 PM
my team: tidus
wakka
letty
jassu
botta
keepa

my tactic: at start of match make letty grab the ball then swim forward and press square jsut before the other teams midfield get to him. pass the ball to tidus and swim towards the net. press square before u get 3 people on u (2 is ok tho) then use jecht shot for a pretty much garunteed goal! unless ur against al bhed (thay are hard!)

from there jsut get the ball and go and stand in ur net. a glitch here causes the other players to leave u alone and u can wait for the time to run out. then u win!

if u need to know how to get wakka's overdrives n stuff, put it on this thread and i'll answer it. or alternatively PM me

TheSpoonyBard
10-16-2005, 03:05 PM
I just leveled up my players in exhibition matches.
Pardon? You don't get any EXP in Exhibition matches.

If you've got the Airship recruit the following players. If you haven't got the Airship keep Letty in MF or recruit one of the other options.

LF: Tidus (already on team)
RF: Wedge (Luca stadium) / Shaami (Luca)
MF: Brother (Airship pilot) / Zev Ronso (Luca dock 5) / Svanda (Calm Lands)
LD: Ropp (Mi'ihen Highroad Agency)
RD: Kyou (Djose Temple) / Zalitz (path to Luca Sphere Theatre) / Naida (Calm Lands Travel Agency)
GL: Jumal (Luca) / Miyu (Moonflow North Warf) / Nimrook (Airship cargo room. Has a 28 game contract with ABP)

With that team you'll have no problem winning, even if you don't understand how to play blitzball.

* White Aeris *
10-16-2005, 06:35 PM
if you want lots of exp to level them up, go in to a match and just spend all your time passing the ball between players. that'll get you exp in no time!

TheSpoonyBard
10-17-2005, 08:13 AM
In addition to the above poster's suggestion, you can equip Hi-risk to double your EXP gain and use passing techniques (Venom Pass 3 is recommended if you have enough HP).

ffxatticus
10-18-2005, 04:17 AM
i picked up brother, wedge, svanda, naida, and used keepa and tidus
Svanda and brother are good at everything and wedge is a good shooter (and shooter only)

KH-Cloudy
10-18-2005, 06:05 AM
i got graav,brother,tidus,wakka,rin,and keepa all but wakka and rin are 20+ so just play alot games and u will level up.

mj05
10-23-2005, 07:47 AM
I have Jassu, Gazna Ronso, Tidus, Naida, Letty, and Keepa. I always set my formation on All Out Defense (once you learn it) and make sure Keepa knows Super Goalie. Tidus's shot is up to 35 on mine and Keepa's catch is around 25. At the start of game, both MF's go straight at eachother. I take this opportunity for Tidus to get up to the other teams MF, break through, and shoot from there. With Sphere Shot, my shot is approx. 53.

I never did any of the exhibition matches. I just always had my players marked on someone and now I hardly ever lose a match. I think the best thing to do would be what other ppl have suggested: give your characters time to learn techniques before you throw them out on the field with low stats. The techs usually add to your stats. And always have your players marked on someone around their level. If they're marked on someone with a level thats too high, its not going to work so it's pointless.

Well, I think I've typed as much as I can about this. Hope my babbling helps! lol

Dark Messenger
10-23-2005, 09:25 AM
Right now, I have:

Brother: good speed
Wakka: currently levelling
Shaami/Linna: a little higher than Wakka's level
Deim/Kulukan: (from Kilika Beasts) Good defense if levelled up enough, and learned Nap Passes
Miyu: Goalie

I'm trying to raise Wakka's level to learn his Key Techs.

And my last league, Invisible Shot was the prize for the Top Scorer (Tidus), but Deim was the only one who could learn it....

Also... two things about Wakka...

I found it weird that Wakka retired, but you can sign him after you get the airship. I signed him before I went to Zanarkand for the first time. (Good idea, seeing his level..)
This is probably why he costs 1 gil...

And.. if you release Wakka... will other teams sign him? I have heard that they won't, but... they sign the other Aurochs after awhile.

Interesting Stuff:

Tidus can't be released. (I actually tried!) He does cost 1000 gil... like Giera Guado.
Most expensive player of all is Basik Ronso (3500 gil!).
Zev Ronso looks like Ronso Fangs, but isn't.
Brother can reach 99 Speed.

TheSpoonyBard
10-23-2005, 06:34 PM
Wakka will not be signed by another team - he can only be signed to play for the Aurochs.
Nedus' SP can reach 99 too.

mj05
10-23-2005, 06:44 PM
How high can Tidus' speed reach? I think he's only in the 60's on mine around level 32-33.

TheSpoonyBard
10-23-2005, 07:20 PM
Tidus' SP can reach 67.