PDA

View Full Version : What annoyed me the most

Swifthom
10-16-2005, 11:14 PM
I wasnt the personality shift Yuna went through from FFX to this game...
It wasn't the annoying banter between Yuna and Rikku...
It wasn't the lack of plot untill yo uget three quarters of the way in...

It wasn't even that you needed 100% to see the real ending.

It was how the Farplane was used. It was horrible, it was turned from the place of the dead to just a storage house for the ultimate weapon... And although I liked Auron, Braska and Jecht encouraging you through the final batles there was SOOO much potential missed here...

I think, if the Farplane had been an explorable area where you could interact with characters (maybe???) that would of been great. And imagine if Yuna met EVERYONE that she'd ever met who had been sent to the farplane EXCEPT Tidus who had mysteriously dissapeared, how heart rendering would that of been.

Just, in general, the way the Farplan was managed, and the new look it had really annoyed me, from start to finish. Some nice ideas but they were woefully underused.

I think that applies to the whole game, really. It's not a bad game but, like FFT:A the enjoyment comes from playing the game rather than the story which was seemingly chucked out the window at an early stage in development.

Venom
10-17-2005, 12:36 AM
you people have nothing nice to say about this game, try finding the pros instead of the cons

However there were alot of things that bothered me in the game, for instance that you could only have 3 characters and the music, the music was just far too techno and not enough metal.

Swifthom
10-17-2005, 09:16 AM
Actually I enjoyed the game, overall, but there were a few too many things that annoyed me about it...

I don't think FFX-2 is a bad game, but I do think it was a let down after the original FFX. Fair enough if they wanted to make a mini game based game but I wish they'd made it's own story like Crystal Chronicles or somehting and come up with a better sequel to FFX...

The idea with Shuyin and Lenne was great, but I couldn't help but think it was horrible mangled and got lost somewhere beneath the gameplay.

Yliette
10-17-2005, 09:51 AM
The thing is the game DOES have more cons than pros. In fact too many cons that can literally depress a die-hard FF fan. To the average gamer, FFX-2 can be fairly rated but to FF acolytes...

Venom
10-17-2005, 11:59 AM
The music really sucked though, they should have used FFX's music instead of this techno party crap.

boys from the dwarf
10-17-2005, 12:31 PM
*pokes FFX-2 disk with fork.*

Light Mage
10-17-2005, 02:34 PM
I think the characters should have been more unique and distinct from each other.

It was like having the same character 3 times in your party, except with different voices.

Venom
10-17-2005, 07:51 PM
The bikini dress sphere should have been added

GunbladeMaster
10-17-2005, 07:55 PM
RAWR

kikimm
10-18-2005, 12:23 AM
Out of all the horrible things in this game, the use of the farplane was the least of my..."troubles." But I would have liked more Farplane anyhow.

Fun game though.

ffxfreak93
10-18-2005, 03:57 AM
The bikini dress sphere should have been added

i agree with you:bigbiggri :kaolaugh: that would be totally awsome

Angelic Rikku
10-19-2005, 05:12 AM
The thing is the game DOES have more cons than pros. In fact too many cons that can literally depress a die-hard FF fan. To the average gamer, FFX-2 can be fairly rated but to FF acolytes...

I completely agree with you here. I didn't exactly "hate" X-2, I have found some FF games worse than this (like IX, don't ask me why but I can NOT sit through playing that one...) BUT X-2 could have been a hell of a lot better.

What really disappoints me is that X-2 had lots of potential, and I was SO looking forward to it after falling in love with FFX. But god X-2 just has literally NO storyline!! And don't even get me started with the personality changes in Yuna and Rikku!!! :mad: Even the gameplay got boring to me after a while.

And yes, to the thread starter, I at first thought using the Farplane as a battleground sounded awesome, but it just seemed like any other place, not what I thought it would've been. I wanted to see the girls meeting Auron, Jecht, and Braska or something to that effect.

So to sum this up, agreed that the cons definately outweigh the pros.

Tai-Ti
10-19-2005, 12:38 PM
So to sum this up, agreed that the cons definately outweigh the pros.
I'd say the pros and cons are equall

It was how the Farplane was used. It was horrible, it was turned from the place of the dead to just a storage house for the ultimate weapon.

Now i think about it, that is pretty anoying :mad:

Venom
10-19-2005, 01:01 PM
Yeah the far plane wasnt really impressive........i hated the music....i always mute the game and put on Ted Nugents "cat scratch fever" because that is how anoying the music was........

ZuZu
10-19-2005, 01:05 PM
There was good things in this game but that wasn't enough to me to play this game through :shifty:
Please, no more these kind of games anymore :eep:

Angelic Rikku
10-19-2005, 10:29 PM
Heh, really the only thing I liked about X-2 is all the dresspheres and changing them in battle, that was very cool! It reminded me of Sailor Moon (yeah I LOVE SM!) with the transformation sequences. I thought Yuna and Rikku's new looks were awesome, but other than that.... eh nothing is that good to me.

I was even disappointed in the 100% completion ending!! The good ending at Besaid is the best part, don't even bother doing all the crappy side quests for the 100% completion, it's not really worth your time. ;)

Moogle Molester
11-07-2005, 09:26 AM
i gotta say the worst thing about x-2 is the fact thats it was extremely girly! y r p,that was wack,the anoyence of the "gullwings" constent cheering around! i would rather listen 2 my 9 yr old cuzins hillary duff,britney spears and kidz bop albums then have to go through teeny bopper adventure agian! only thing i liked was the new battle system.but even that had to have "dress up" in it,garment grids? dress-spheres? what the **** is that!? i hope squere enix doesent plan on any more sequals 2 ff's..........................................and yuna singing sux. i have played ff since # 1 on nintendo this is my first disapointment...