PDA

View Full Version : Screw-Ups...

Sephitachi7
10-17-2005, 05:36 PM
Can anybody think of any FF7 screw-ups? Whether it be a glitch or a spelling error name any known screw-ups.

I'll start with the famous Aeris line "This guy are sick."

GunbladeMaster
10-17-2005, 05:37 PM
1) The ShinRa rocket was spelled backwords during the FMV
2) When Areith dies it shows her in clouds hand facing right i think but then the FMV switches and it shows her facing the left i think

Flying Mullet
10-17-2005, 05:38 PM
People think it's better than FFVI. :chef:

Sephitachi7
10-17-2005, 05:48 PM
FFVI is great.
FFVII is greater.

But please let's not make it a debate and stay on topic (FFVII).

I'll say another. The famous W-Item Glitch (Replicate items until they reach 99) , which I'm almost sure the makers did not mean because it was fixed in the PC version.

GunbladeMaster
10-17-2005, 05:55 PM
thats why PSX will alway stay in my heart

Sefie1999AD
10-17-2005, 05:55 PM
I'll say another. The famous W-Item Glitch (Replicate items until they reach 99) , which I'm almost sure the makers did not mean because it was fixed in the PC version.

No, the W-Item Glitch does work in the PC version.

GunbladeMaster
10-17-2005, 06:01 PM
Another Glitch: The Graphics were bad
just jidding

U can view Omnislash from behind by opening the lid of the psx
(the game will go throughall the camera movements of omnislash but cloud will not use it. close the lid and after about 15 seconds cloud will use omnislash for real this time.)

Russielloyd
10-17-2005, 06:27 PM
When Cloud stands in the middle of the lake and he drops Aeris in what you would think is shallow water (seeing that Cloud is standing in the middle and only his legs are under the water) but when he lets go of Aeris into the water, you see her floating down to the bottom which now all of a sudden is like 20 feet deep.

* White Aeris *
10-17-2005, 06:36 PM
on the fmv were the gang escape from Midgar for the first time on the side of the van, with Aeris and Tifa in the front, it says 'Midgal'. probably a mistranslation from the Japanese version of the game.

boys from the dwarf
10-17-2005, 06:39 PM
when sephiroth casts bizzaro energy its says bizzaro enegy.
also when sephiroth jumps down and kills aeris hes not wearing balck gloves but afterwards he is.

* White Aeris *
10-17-2005, 06:50 PM
oh! and on the fmv when you first go to Gold saucer the propellers on the cable car change position. they are on the front first then back then front again.
Hey there was a little glitch on my game! right at the begining when Cloud runs up to the reacter and the screen looks up, on one of my games it showed part of the Gold Saucer fmv, you know the bit with the statue of Dio? and i can't of done the change disk trick because both are on disk 1..... it was weird!

Light Mage
10-17-2005, 07:08 PM
I can't get that to work!

I've never been able to get that to work on my game (and I am playing the PSX version).

Flying Mullet
10-17-2005, 07:13 PM
Just choose to use an item in battle with W-Item. Then when you can choose your second item, hit the cancel button. This will increment that item's quantity by one and take you back to choosing the first item to use again. Continue to pick and item to use and cancel to increment the amount of any usable item in battle that you want to. This is especially helpful for duplicating Elixirs so you can give them to the Magic Pots for extra AP in the Northern Crater. :chef:

Russielloyd
10-17-2005, 07:13 PM
I can't get that to work!

I've never been able to get that to work on my game (and I am playing the PSX version).

lol, thats too bad, save up those mega-elixirs

Light Mage
10-17-2005, 07:15 PM
Hmm... I'm sure I tried it properly. There couldn't be a "fixed" version that was for the European release, could there?

Russielloyd
10-17-2005, 07:17 PM
Nope, mine has got the glitch.

Anniexo
10-17-2005, 07:19 PM
when someones says of couse they say off couse (there is only two time i've seen this) when yuffie is fighting in her home town and when ya fight in the battle game in gold saucer every time you win and they ask you if you want to keep on fight

Light Mage
10-17-2005, 07:25 PM
What on Earth is a "Last Elixir"?

Anniexo
10-17-2005, 07:26 PM

it's megaelixir

GunbladeMaster
10-17-2005, 07:27 PM
another glitch

Slade
10-18-2005, 06:39 AM
In the FMV where Sephiroth stabs Aeris, the screen pans upwards towards the falling Sephiroth who is DIRECTLY above her. The funny thing is, he lands behind her. If you study it properly he should have landed straight on her head!

boys from the dwarf
10-18-2005, 08:21 AM
In the FMV where Sephiroth stabs Aeris, the screen pans upwards towards the falling Sephiroth who is DIRECTLY above her. The funny thing is, he lands behind her. If you study it properly he should have landed straight on her head!
yeah but people can actually move.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
10-18-2005, 11:24 AM
1.wen sephi kills aeris, the holy materia falls from aeris towads sephiroth (towards the back of the alter) but then falls down the stairs at the front of the alter! there is also no one on the alter on that fmv, no cloud sephi or aeris.

2. temple of the ancients clock room. the 4 is written as "IIII" instead of "IV"

3. flashback: my mum seemed fine but then for no reason at all she died a few days later. humans aren't designed to survive 20th degree burns dumbass!

4. cloud stays at the neibelheim hotel instead of at home on his flashback visit. now who would do that really!?

Russielloyd
10-18-2005, 11:32 AM
3. flashback: my mum seemed fine but then for no reason at all she died a few days later. humans aren't designed to survive 20th degree burns dumbass!

Theres no such think as 20th degree burns. i think you mean 1st Degree burns, thats the worst.

Flying Mullet
10-18-2005, 01:27 PM
1st degree burn is irritated skin, like a sunburn.
2nd degree burn is blistered and highly damaged skin.
3rd degree burn is the worst; peeling skin and severe skin trauma and possible underlying tissue damage as well.

Russielloyd
10-18-2005, 01:33 PM
Yeah sorry, thats what i meant.

Light Mage
10-18-2005, 02:20 PM
But 20th degree sounds better!

Never mind the hyberboles.

Christmas
10-18-2005, 03:41 PM
Here: http://www.ff7citadel.com/secrets/s_errors.shtml

Masamune·1600
10-18-2005, 04:13 PM

In the Japanese version of FFVII, Megalixirs are called Last Elixirs. The Megalixir found inside Gaea's Cliffs, as well as two Megalixirs that can be received from the party members at the bottom of the Northern Cave, simply weren't translated properly.

2. temple of the ancients clock room. the 4 is written as "IIII" instead of "IV"

This isn't an error. Clock faces are supposed to use "IIII," as opposed to "IV." Originally, IIII was the accepted Roman numeral; the subtraction notation (I from V) only came about later. Clock faces retain IIII, although the reason is debated. One might notice that IIII also appears on Ultimecia's clock tower in FFVIII.

* White Aeris *
10-18-2005, 04:53 PM
hee... thats where i got my stuff from!

GunbladeMaster
10-18-2005, 04:54 PM
cough**cheater**cough
;)

* White Aeris *
10-18-2005, 05:30 PM
hey!!! its not cheating it's....... using resouces!!

GunbladeMaster
10-18-2005, 05:36 PM
lol
ill be sure to use that next im caught cheating on a test ;)

Teach: ARE YOU CHEATING PHILIP!?
Me: No! Im just....using extra resources...

* White Aeris *
10-18-2005, 05:38 PM
lol! good idea!!

boys from the dwarf
10-18-2005, 06:25 PM
i was waiting for someone to post that link.

RiTaPuffy
10-20-2005, 02:33 AM
The Buggy Bug?
Ride the buggy into the town that you can ride a ship across the ocean, when you walk outside the town at the other side of the ocean, you are still in the buggy.

Is that red car call buggy?

Takara
10-20-2005, 03:08 AM
Err... The buggy thing is not a bug, as far as I know.

RiTaPuffy
10-20-2005, 03:26 AM
Err... The buggy thing is not a bug, as far as I know.
Well, at least its a screw up too XD

Flying Mullet
10-20-2005, 03:17 PM
No, it's not a bug or a screw up. You need it to get Aeris' 4th level limit break if I remember correctly.

Light Mage
10-20-2005, 03:20 PM
No, it's not a bug or a screw up. You need it to get Aeris' 4th level limit break if I remember correctly.
I was going to type that earlier but then I couldn't be bothered.

But yeah, the only way to get the Mythril is to take the Buggy over to the Junon area.

Jiro
10-22-2005, 05:26 AM
when sector 7 falls someone says biggs wedge and jessie were all in the pillar, but wedge fell off it

DJZen
10-22-2005, 05:56 AM
The "off course!" remark at Battle Square is only half of the error. When asked to continue, you are given two choices:

"Off course!" and "No, way!"

People tend to overlook that second one. Then there's my favorite:

"Hmmm, so that's how you'll fool them."
"Hmmm, so that's how you fooled them."

You can find that one right outside the Honeybee Inn when you enter for the first time.

Big D
10-22-2005, 08:29 AM
"Hmmm, so that's how you'll fool them."
"Hmmm, so that's how you fooled them."I don't think that's a bug, just an awkward translation of some awkward dialogue.Err... The buggy thing is not a bug, as far as I know.Quite right. The characters simply load their buggy onto the cargo ship... someone mentions this, at some point.1.wen sephi kills aeris, the holy materia falls from aeris towads sephiroth (towards the back of the alter) but then falls down the stairs at the front of the alter! there is also no one on the alter on that fmv, no cloud sephi or aeris.Even though she's facing the back of the altar when Cloud finds her, she must've turned around at some point 'cause she's clearly facing the front of the altar when she's stabbed... the materia falls toward her front, which is why it ends up heading down the steps.
3. flashback: my mum seemed fine but then for no reason at all she died a few days later. humans aren't designed to survive 20th degree burns dumbass!He never said she died for no reason... just that she died a few days after he saw her alive and well.
4. cloud stays at the neibelheim hotel instead of at home on his flashback visit. now who would do that really!?On official military business for the company... gotta go by the book. Besides, he didn't actually want the townsfolk to see him, so staying at home overnight might've blown his cover.When Cloud stands in the middle of the lake and he drops Aeris in what you would think is shallow water (seeing that Cloud is standing in the middle and only his legs are under the water) but when he lets go of Aeris into the water, you see her floating down to the bottom which now all of a sudden is like 20 feet deep.That's easily explained away by conjecture - Cloud must've been standing on a ledge in the pond, right next to the point where it becomes deeper. He was standing in the shallows, but dropped her body into the deepest part. When the camera's below her looking up, you can't see him because of the sunglight getting diffused through the water.

Virtually every 'bug' can be explained away with a bit of conjecture... except for stuff like back-to-front writing, or the way Cloud's pauldron switches to his right shoulder during one scene in the ending FMV:p

Cecinda
10-22-2005, 03:41 PM
The whole aeris death scene was screwed up because apparently she wasn't meant to die at the Ancient City/at all. Some theories state Square originally meant for her to disappear without a trace, to be kidnapped by Sephiroth, merged into Sephiroth, etc. Her death at the Ancient City wasn't the original idea it seems...

Anyway, watch when Sephy's coming to meat cleave Aeris...first the floor has a black-and-white tile pattern, in the scene where he's about to stab her the floor is plain stone...har har har...watch her death scene carefully it is so riddled with errors and contradictions, Square couldn't POSSIBLY have overlooked them all if they meant it to be one scene!

As for spelling errors...well, the translators should've been fired in my opinion. I've never seen such a badly translated game...although they did the slang for Cid and Barret pretty well. And the 1000000 @#$%'s Cid uses, lol :D

Masamune·1600
10-22-2005, 05:43 PM
The whole aeris death scene was screwed up because apparently she wasn't meant to die at the Ancient City/at all. Some theories state Square originally meant for her to disappear without a trace, to be kidnapped by Sephiroth, merged into Sephiroth, etc. Her death at the Ancient City wasn't the original idea it seems...

The plentitude of rumors concerning Aeris' death are merely that: rumors. The "theories" you reference have been debunked; moreover, this post (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showpost.php?p=1128601#post1128601) explains that Aeris' death was an intended aspect of FFVII development.

Simply put, any irregularities regarding that scene really are minor errors.

DJZen
10-22-2005, 09:08 PM
It's because they outsourced the work for the CG like crazy at the last possible minute so they could rush the game to store shelves. There were probably something like 2 or 3 different people making the various scenes in the CG where Sephiroth kills Aeris, so some inconsistency is bound to happen.

Also, the quote I mentioned isn't a bug, it's just a screw up, much like "off course!" I definitely agree that the translation team for FFVII did a terrible job and should have been fired. It was at the same level of bad as FFIIus's cheesy translation. It particularly irks me that practically nobody raises fault with FFVII's translation, but the Woolsey bashing bandwagon is crowded to overflowing.

Sephitachi7
11-19-2005, 10:27 PM
Typoon (in th PS version) was changes into Typhoon in the PC version. That was probabyl a screw up also.

Light Mage
11-19-2005, 10:37 PM
I think it was *supposed* to be Typhoon all along, but the PSX translators made yet another error.

Sephitachi7
11-19-2005, 10:53 PM
yeah... also I believe DeathBlow(chocobo Summon) was written a little weird in the PSX version(i believe in alternating caps), and then was wirtten normally in PC version.

galateamakiano
11-20-2005, 03:07 AM
I noticed a bunch of screw-ups in the walkthrough. Like when you look under the materia section and under support materia it says that the cave for Quadra Magic is south from Wutai, but it's on the island near Mideel. The cave south of Wutai holds the Mime materia.

galateamakiano
11-20-2005, 03:09 AM
I also noticed that it says the gil plus materis is 10 000GP at the gold saucer, but it's only 1 000GP

EPIC - MASTER OF COMBAT
11-20-2005, 05:50 AM
speaking of which.. that wasn't the "LAST" elixer either cough (in mind- i ask you when with soft stop smoking crack in the middle of there games)
also i remember something but i forgetten it.... o well i conside a skrew up cloud wearing a dress i put out my sword and slash toguht those guys rescue my gurl and cut off who know who's favorite place to have it

Sephitachi7
11-20-2005, 05:55 AM
yeah 'Last Elixir' and you get a megalixir... sigh...

Seal Evil
11-20-2005, 11:18 AM

This isn't an error. Clock faces are supposed to use "IIII," as opposed to "IV." Originally, IIII was the accepted Roman numeral; the subtraction notation (I from V) only came about later. Clock faces retain IIII, although the reason is debated. One might notice that IIII also appears on Ultimecia's clock tower in FFVIII.
That's right.

There's a clock in my kitchen, with Roman numerals, & '4' is printed as 'IIII'.

Light Mage
11-20-2005, 12:05 PM
I noticed a bunch of screw-ups in the walkthrough. Like when you look under the materia section and under support materia it says that the cave for Quadra Magic is south from Wutai, but it's on the island near Mideel. The cave south of Wutai holds the Mime materia.
Don't even get me started on the walkthrough... the enemy guide says nothing about the "Movers" in the Northern Crater, those little red balls that give you shed loads of AP and can be morphed into Protect Rings!

Nor does it tell you about THE ONLY Added-Cut Materia in the game which you can only get by going along a certain path in the Great Glacier...

It also doesn't tell you that you can get an elixir in the hotel at Cosmo Canyon...

galateamakiano
11-23-2005, 05:01 PM
the walkthrough also says that you can get final attack from the chocobo races, but really you get it from the Battle Arena after fighting that "special" battle. And in Wutai, the save point is the only save point where the word "SAVE" it's capitalized.

Aurora_sword
11-23-2005, 06:52 PM
The train in gold saucer flipped in the cutscence, or something like that

weapon
11-24-2005, 07:51 AM
what about sephiroth leaving his sword in president shinras back then having it through the game even tho he left it behind

Big D
11-24-2005, 07:57 AM
what about sephiroth leaving his sword in president shinras back then having it through the game even tho he left it behindWell... since that wasn't really Sephiroth's body (he was at the North Crater the whole time) it's likely that the sword in the President's back was a 'replica' created in the same way: Jenova's cells, re-shaped into another form. That'd explain how he was able to 'grow' a new sword... unless, of course, he simply came back for it later:p

Aurora_sword
11-24-2005, 03:14 PM
Well... since that wasn't really Sephiroth's body (he was at the North Crater the whole time) it's likely that the sword in the President's back was a 'replica' created in the same way: Jenova's cells, re-shaped into another form. That'd explain how he was able to 'grow' a new sword... unless, of course, he simply came back for it later:p
You mean Masamune being part of sephiroth? I doubt.

Big D
11-25-2005, 07:43 AM
That wasn't actually Sephiroth, though. It was his mind, but not his body that the team was chasing for all that time.

vampirepiggyhunter7
11-25-2005, 06:03 PM
That's actually a more ancient way to write the roman numeral 4...

Anyway, I love the famous "This guy are sick" line.

galateamakiano
11-25-2005, 10:26 PM
The walkthrough also failed to mention a monster that lives around Mideel in the forest. They are called Crysilis (I dunno how to spell it) but that look like little larva.

Sephitachi7
11-28-2005, 09:43 PM
Um... that can either be a replica of Sephiroth's sword or actually his real sword because I don't remember him using it afterward in the game. The only time when he uses it is in the flashbacks and the last battle in Cloud's mind making it not real...

Big D
11-29-2005, 10:48 AM
Um... that can either be a replica of Sephiroth's sword or actually his real sword because I don't remember him using it afterward in the game. The only time when he uses it is in the flashbacks and the last battle in Cloud's mind making it not real...Tseng, Aeris... I think *they* remember the sword...
:p

Light Mage
11-29-2005, 10:54 AM
Tseng, Aeris... I think *they* remember the sword...
*snort*

Aeris kebab.

Sephitachi7
11-29-2005, 09:22 PM
Tseng, Aeris... I think *they* remember the sword...

lol yeah, sorry, I didn't quite remember myself...

Masamune·1600
11-30-2005, 04:55 PM
Regarding the matter of the multiple appearances of Sephiroth's Masamune, certain events in Advent Children seem to put an end to that apparent issue. In AC, when Sephiroth is able to again realize himself on Gaia, he also "rematerializes" the Masamune out of thin air. Given that he demonstrates such an ability, it seems likely that he could have left the Masamune anywhere, only to again manifest such a blade as needed.

Sephitachi7
12-01-2005, 04:10 PM
Hmm very good observation... never even though of it.

EDIT: There is also "Yuffie was cought by surprise."