PDA

View Full Version : Spin-Off Forums

Denmark
10-17-2005, 09:37 PM
Now, I'm sure the majority of you here don't just post at this here forum. (If you do only post at this forum, please don't post telling us this, as it would be off-topic and we don't want any modwhoring going on.) And it's likely that the other forums that you post at are spun off of this one, with at least a small group of the same members. This forum could be large (vis a vi Fool's Gold) or small (such as any of the many proboards or IPBs or, god help us, ezboards. or whatever.). Well, I just yesterday joined one of these small spin-off forums on a whim, planning to post a little at someplace different. So I got bored of it after literally 2 posts, and posted a thread that said this. I went back today to see that this thread had been closed disrespectfully, which I guess was the impetus for me making this thread. I guess the point of all this rambling on is to ask which, if any, spin-off forums of EoFF you're a member of, and how you're treated there.

Old Manus
10-17-2005, 09:48 PM
I like oranges

Dreddz
10-17-2005, 09:48 PM
I think joining spin off FF forums is boring as well, Like, Eoff is like the best on the net, why join another. But some other forums that have spun off this one are cool. But my only other forums are for general video games and Music.....

Psychotic
10-17-2005, 09:50 PM
I hope the last sentence is a reference to the ultimate spin-off board, Random Foolishness.

*pours drink (shoe polish) on the floor* this is for my homies, erik and moomba.

Venom
10-17-2005, 11:10 PM
I like oranges

I 2 luv oranges

kikimm
10-18-2005, 12:12 AM
If I am thinking of what you are thinking of, I saw that thread, and I was like ::(. The lock on it made me sad.

Anyways, there's that board in my sig where I am treated like a God. And then there's this other one that I've decided no longer deserves my attention, and I've stopped posting there. That goes for a few other boards, actually. I'd rather not name them though. I don't know why. I just don't want to.

Also, oranges are great, and were my favorite fruit for the longest time. Until I met raspberries.

Doomie
10-18-2005, 12:19 AM
I demand you re-open your boards Psy!

Rye
10-18-2005, 12:27 AM
Random Foolishness... :heart:

Shoeberto
10-18-2005, 12:33 AM
Anyways, there's that board in my sig where I am treated like a God. And then there's this other one that I've decided no longer deserves my attention, and I've stopped posting there. That goes for a few other boards, actually. I'd rather not name them though. I don't know why. I just don't want to.
>:O FINE

Smallcave roxors

Denmark
10-18-2005, 12:33 AM
Actually, Psy, it was only SLIGHTLY a reference to RF. Because everything I say or do anymore is a reference to RF. I wouldn't be the man I am today without RF and Aiyon. <3

And yes kikimm I think you are thinking of what I'm thinking of. Those jerks. SO TOTALLY UNCALLED FOR. I should make a thread and complain. And have it closed and then just go slit my wrists.<sup>*</sup> :( And I'd have to agree with you on the raspberry remark. Although I'm also partial to strawberries and apples.

*not really, don't be afraid ^_^

ZeZipster
10-18-2005, 12:35 AM
I vaguely remember Eyes Off FF.

Denmark
10-18-2005, 12:41 AM
Now it's full of ads and popups. :(

kikimm
10-18-2005, 12:42 AM
>:O FINE

Smallcave roxors

You weirdos are getting what you deserve. :mad2: WEIRDOS

Also hi Denmark we (I) still love you. :(

Denmark
10-18-2005, 12:44 AM
I went to Smallcave once I think. I didn't register I don't think. :o

hi kikimm I know. I think I'll go spam there instead of here. :D?

Reles
10-18-2005, 02:35 AM
I used to go to a forum with a bunch of my closest school friends, it was extremely fun, we did rping, although I didn't participate much, although most of it was pretty much spam. It eventually died, but I started another one, and it didn't get very far. ;-;

Mitch
10-18-2005, 04:34 AM
Those jerks. SO TOTALLY UNCALLED FOR. I should make a thread and complain.

Yeah damn those jerks

RSL
10-18-2005, 04:36 AM
smallcave is really the only other board I go to these days.

Meat Puppet
10-18-2005, 04:36 AM
I GOT BANNED LOLZ

Primus Inter Pares
10-18-2005, 09:47 AM
Yeah damn those jerks
Did we ban him?

Mitch
10-18-2005, 09:52 AM
Did we ban him?

Nope

loza
10-18-2005, 10:25 AM
Now, I'm sure the majority of you here don't just post at this here forum. (If you do only post at this forum, please don't post telling us this, as it would be off-topic and we don't want any modwhoring going on.) And it's likely that the other forums that you post at are spun off of this one, with at least a small group of the same members. This forum could be large (vis a vi Fool's Gold) or small (such as any of the many proboards or IPBs or, god help us, ezboards. or whatever.). Well, I just yesterday joined one of these small spin-off forums on a whim, planning to post a little at someplace different. So I got bored of it after literally 2 posts, and posted a thread that said this. I went back today to see that this thread had been closed disrespectfully, which I guess was the impetus for me making this thread. I guess the point of all this rambling on is to ask which, if any, spin-off forums of EoFF you're a member of, and how you're treated there.

u went 2 HoHii didn't u? thats where i go and i love it there :D

Psychotic
10-18-2005, 10:43 AM
I demand you re-open your boards Psy!Meat Puppet is relapsing in and out of a coma, it would be cruel to do this to him.

In other words, hell yeah.

Levian
10-18-2005, 03:10 PM
http://www.skwowwy.net/forums

join and get a free massage.

Raistlin
10-18-2005, 03:32 PM
I used to go to FG. And Aiyon. Don't really anymore.

Smallcave rocks. It's not really an EoFF spin-off board, since it's been around for a loooong time. I may start posting there again.

Yamaneko
10-18-2005, 03:51 PM
I still go to FG. I have my long periods of inactivity there and then I start posting again usually to start making fun of The Man. I post at tGA when I need to make fun of Raistlin. I haven't posted at Aiyon in a while because there's really no one to make fun of there anymore.

Rainecloud
10-18-2005, 05:31 PM
Now, I'm sure the majority of you here don't just post at this here forum. (If you do only post at this forum, please don't post telling us this, as it would be off-topic and we don't want any modwhoring going on.)

I only post here at EoFF.

However, I used to frequent Fool's Gold, Aiyon, Eyes Off Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy Infinate and Final Fantasy Republic. I was treated quite well at all of those boards, and I managed to fit in very snugly. FFR was by far my favourite, though, as Afterlab 'modded' me on my very first day of posting. Hah - idiot.

Oh, and let's not forget the Emma Watson forums. They were excellent. :thumb:

crashNUMBERS
10-18-2005, 08:57 PM
I always look for a forum on FF like this but ends up being crappy compared. But I have still joined FFOnline as it has a good comunity and not as spammy...

Flamethrower
10-18-2005, 09:13 PM
I post at Fool's Gold pretty frequently.

Loony BoB
10-19-2005, 01:41 AM
Aiyon's forums are pretty much a spinoff board, although Aiyon itself is not a spinoff. What else. I post once in a blue moon at Fool's Gold, but only in the staff forum. I post once in a blue moon at ASC, but I don't post there much anymore for my own reasons, I guess. What else... uhm... EoffFF, as I ran it. tGA, since it pretty much feeds off EoFFers nowadays. Did you guys know FFI was a spinoff board? But that's gone now, so :(

I'd say I only go to about four other boards that aren't spinoff boards. Only two of them actively.

Yamaneko
10-19-2005, 01:43 AM
The 2003 Aiyon was the best.

Raistlin
10-19-2005, 02:29 AM
The 2003 Aiyon was the best.
Definitely. :D

Hawkeye
10-19-2005, 02:32 AM
I was thinking about resgistering to Aiyon but then PiP signed up and I was all like wtf and I decided to come here

Denmark
10-19-2005, 02:51 AM
Oh, and let's not forget the Emma Watson forums. They were excellent. :thumb:

any respect i had left for you has just flown out the window, which is pretty amazing since all the windows are closed.

2003 Aiyon is what "made" me, according to BoB. That and Random Foolishness made for a great spring and summer of that year. Aiyon just isn't the same now. :\

Loony BoB
10-19-2005, 09:33 AM
any respect i had left for you has just flown out the window, which is pretty amazing since all the windows are closed.

2003 Aiyon is what "made" me, according to BoB. That and Random Foolishness made for a great spring and summer of that year. Aiyon just isn't the same now. :\
Made you famous, not made you. Unless you want to start calling Aiyon "Mummy" or "Daddy" ...which would be amusing.

As for the Emma Watson forums, it still weirded me out when I got an email saying thanks for registering at them (someone jokingly signed up using my email), because my ex-girlfriend (who I met at EoFF) is also called Emma Watson.

Madonna
10-19-2005, 04:00 PM
Actually, my dear BoB, the phrase he used is also correct. It's slang, man. :|

He's a made-man, man.

WE ARE ALL ROBOTS.{/statement} http://www.akusui.net/_lynxius/lynxformer_WK_AC4B0_A23AF_E3F.gif

Raistlin
10-19-2005, 04:04 PM
"Made me" can mean "made me famous," or basically just allowed you to rise into whatever position you're currently at. "That movie really made him," for example.

Madonna
10-19-2005, 04:06 PM
I keep on thinking you're some lousy impersonator trying to steal my fame, by the way, when I read your name, Weasley.

Loony BoB
10-19-2005, 04:54 PM
I was being dumb, you dorks. :p

Madonna
10-19-2005, 04:57 PM
Note that you haven't said "intentionally". :|

Oh, I go to Aiyon and tGA. I guess those qualify as spin-offs of here.