PDA

View Full Version : Speak for yourself

crashNUMBERS
10-17-2005, 11:26 PM
Are you pissed about reading reviews and not agreeing?? Your not alone. I have realized we all have to learn to respect others opinions. We all have to lay out our own opinions. Not to be afraid of what others say. If you like one game and someone else and gives you a hard time, just ignore them. So Im here to present to you a little way to spread your voices. To speak for yourself. I have always tried to find for us all to express our feelings. Our ways. I have tried many and haven't found much. A lot of you might not like Gamespot as I also dont like their opinions. But I have also learned to respect. I find it that if you want to express your feelings join this site and write your own reviews. Here. You can even check my reviews to see my opinions...

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/profile/index.php?user=crash26821

I have thought hard making those reviews :P

Mods, if you believe this is not a good topic then close and sorry for the "wrong"...

Dreddz
10-17-2005, 11:34 PM
You gave FFIV 9.4
:bigbiggri
FFVII....9.3
:twak:

Shoeberto
10-18-2005, 12:08 AM
I take whatever a critic says with a grain of salt. They may be paid to rate games, but that doesn't mean that they should immediately shape the opinions of whoever listens to them.

crashNUMBERS
10-18-2005, 12:16 AM
Yes. That is why I believe we should all discuss.

kikimm
10-18-2005, 12:17 AM
Are you a chronic procrastinatar, Crash?

Anyways, I agree with Hsu. But I'm not very good at listening tot hat "advice" so I try to stay away from reviews. Kind of.

I don't know.

crashNUMBERS
10-18-2005, 01:04 AM
I don't get it... XD

Captain Maxx Power
10-18-2005, 01:11 AM
All I can say is...your grammar and spelling need work.

crashNUMBERS
10-18-2005, 01:15 AM
I can agree :) But then again no one is perfect...

XxSephirothxX
10-18-2005, 02:34 AM
I like reading reviews like IGN's and such because I like the infomation they provide, but I don't base my decisions solely on that. But, given that these people usually get a chance to play a game before me, it does often make me decide whether or not to buy something.

That's why I write my own reviews when I'm not too lazy or haven't forgotten too much.

Spammerman
10-18-2005, 02:38 AM
I hate reading reviews period. I hate reading reviews that dis games I like though I respect there opinions.

crashNUMBERS
10-18-2005, 02:41 AM
I like reading reviews like IGN's and such because I like the infomation they provide, but I don't base my decisions solely on that. But, given that these people usually get a chance to play a game before me, it does often make me decide whether or not to buy something.

That's why I write my own reviews when I'm not too lazy or haven't forgotten too much.
Hi five...

Lionx
10-18-2005, 04:13 AM
I have absolutely no problem with someone's opinion and if i have a different one then thats fine too. It pays to read a few opinions to see if your money is better here or elsewhere.

Tasura
10-18-2005, 05:59 AM
Some reviews could also be biased if the reviewer prefers a certain genre over another, me for example if i were to review a sport or racing game id more then likely give it a low review, but an action or rpg game, and id give it a high review.

Lionx
10-18-2005, 06:00 AM
But thats the entire point, and why they show the reviewer's interest (usually) before you read their review. Its an opinion, theres no reason to get upset or judge the game based on one reivew alone.

Tasura
10-18-2005, 06:17 AM
I dont judge games based on one review, i dont uusaly read reviews, because some people may find story important, while others find graphics important, and so on and so forth. I dont generall take reviews to heart, i read them to see what poeple think of a game, but i dont base my opinon of the game on the reviews, i usualy rent a game before i purchase it, if i like it i buy it, if i dont like it i dont buy, my opinion, id like to think anyway, isnt influenced by good or bad reviews

ShaunOfShadou
10-18-2005, 07:21 AM
You gave CVS2 and MVC2 scores in the 9's. I think I like you. :D

Myself, I always make sure to try a game despite the opinions of others. Wind Waker was shat upon by Zelda fans, but I still had fun with it and completed it twice. :)

Lionx
10-18-2005, 07:56 AM
Well i would rate CvS2(PS2) down a little from 9 thanks to the roll cancel glitch(thats not in GC or Xbox version since anything PS2 and before had that). It really makes it kinda hard when you face someone that roll cancels alot and does things otherwise not possible. Safe moves somehow become unsafe, and unsafe moves somehow become safe or a huge advantage that can turn the tide thanks to Roll Cancels. :p

crashNUMBERS
10-18-2005, 12:37 PM
No!! *Smacks hand away*:mad2:

Chris
10-18-2005, 12:40 PM
I only read reviews to get an overview of the game, I don't let them affect me though.

crashNUMBERS
10-18-2005, 12:42 PM
I used to let that happen to me...

Dreddz
10-18-2005, 01:01 PM
A Review is only one persons view, If I want info on a game, I would check alot of reviews for a general idea on what its like, then I make my judgement on whether i should get it or not.....
I mean, Ive seen FFVII getting like 8/10, lol smurfing retard........

crashNUMBERS
10-18-2005, 08:45 PM
Whoa oO. Is that the only you game you refer to?? If they gave it an 8 deal with it. I've seen many that gave it a 10. Oooh wow. I sure am pissed...

Dreddz
10-18-2005, 09:50 PM
I just mean that its only one opinion.....

bipper
10-18-2005, 10:08 PM
Reviews are a great way to get information on the game. I tend to stay away from the opiniated slanderings of an underpayed video game addict whom prolly hates the world too much to give a great game a decent review unless the publishing company has an advertisement budget that includes the crtitic. A lot of good decent information can be extracted from these reviews (even rants).

Happy birthday crash.

Bipper

Destai
10-18-2005, 10:10 PM
January 26? I thought Crash was a Saggitarius:confused:

crashNUMBERS
10-18-2005, 10:57 PM
Got damnit!! It' not my birthday, beeper!! :P And the 26th is an Aquarius...

Destai
10-18-2005, 11:05 PM
:P And the 26th is an Aquarius...yeah I know, I thought you were born in December.

crashNUMBERS
10-18-2005, 11:05 PM
XD

Giga Guess
10-19-2005, 01:00 AM
What one has to remember is the Review is the REVIEWER'S opinion. Not the gospel. I know I like a few games most of my family loathes (My step-dad for example, couldn't stand Chrono Trigger.)If you follow game magazines, what you have to do is try and align yourself with a reviewer that you can agree with, and go from there.....or filter our the facts from the opinions.

crashNUMBERS
10-19-2005, 02:58 AM
Does your step dad like RPGs?

Gnostic Yevon
10-19-2005, 09:14 PM
What I do is read all the bad reviews on Gamefaq. That usually tells me what the major complaints are about the game. If none of those issues are "deal breakers" for me, I'll be much more inclined to buy it.

Although with this method, you have to watch out for popular games. They tend to attract both lovers and haters, and it's harder to get an honest review. Especially FF and Suikoden for whatever reason.

Giga Guess
10-19-2005, 09:58 PM
Does your step dad like RPGs?

Naaaaah.....he just likes games with "good graphics." Sad really.

crashNUMBERS
10-19-2005, 11:16 PM
Naaaaah.....he just likes games with "good graphics." Sad really.
Why does your dad remind me so much of my brother...

Doomie
10-19-2005, 11:18 PM

Probably because your brother only likes games with good graphics. Just an educated guess, though.

Destai
10-19-2005, 11:18 PM
I think its more theyre attracted to games with good graphics like any normal person.
Probably because your brother only likes games with good graphics. Just an educated guess, though.
xD

crashNUMBERS
10-19-2005, 11:19 PM
That's called Hypothesis in science class...

Giga Guess
10-20-2005, 11:30 PM

I mean good graphics are great, but at the expens of a great story? *shakes head.*

crashNUMBERS
10-21-2005, 12:30 AM
I hate it when people do that sort of stuff...

black orb
10-21-2005, 02:21 AM
>>> I always have a blast reading game reviews, Im such a geek..

crashNUMBERS
10-21-2005, 02:36 AM
XD Don't say that.