PDA

View Full Version : FF2 DoS

Dragonfire
10-18-2005, 05:52 AM
I just started playing FF2 on my DoS game. Is it just me or does the cancel trick not work anymore? any constructive input is welcome.

boys from the dwarf
10-18-2005, 08:17 AM
that glitch has been removed. most glitches have been removed in DoS because that cancel trick was just a programming error.

Captain Maxx Power
10-18-2005, 11:23 AM
Constructive input: Don't cheat and play the game properly. Assign "jobs" to each of your characters (support mage, offensive mage, bow user, dual-wielder, whatever suits your tastes, though I'd recommend at least one pure weapon user and one pure magic user). When you enter a new area/dungeon, be sure to fight as close to town as possible, levelling up every spell/weapon skill until they stop gaining anything in battle, then move on. Certain dungeons later on are hardcore, and will require a few attempts at (like three or four runs through) before you reach the end, so for the love of cheese get the Exit spell before you hit the first of the dungeon levels.

Dragonfire
10-18-2005, 03:29 PM
thats fine that the cancel trick doesnt work anymore.. just wanted to know. I can still power lvl. besides magic lvls much faster now anyway so it's not as long and boring as lvling straight in the original. I personally assign everyone the 3 elemental spells, swap, life, exit and cure. I find everything else to be useless (just my opinion, disagree dont flame). and 1 with Toad 16 :P
I usually give dual weapons to all. Frionel gets swords, Maria gets Staves, Guy gets Axes, and Leon gets swords... DoS plays pretty much the same as the original version. I still beat up everyone to raise HP, kill Orge Mages and Magicians to get expensive tomes, and take an early trip to Mysidia , etc, etc.

Captain Maxx Power
10-18-2005, 09:37 PM
I personally assign everyone the 3 elemental spells, swap, life, exit and cure. I find everything else to be useless (just my opinion, disagree dont flame

Careful, you're envoking the fury of the Zen there...

DJZen
10-19-2005, 07:19 AM
I DISAGREE! *throws cup of tea and speeds off in motorcar*

Captain Maxx Power
10-19-2005, 06:12 PM
I DISAGREE! *throws cup of tea and speeds off in motorcar*

See what I mean? Damn drive-by arguements.