PDA

View Full Version : Film Version of VIII

I.lose.myself.within.you
10-19-2005, 02:25 AM
No offense to the fans of Final Fantasy VII but personally VIII is my favorite, does anyone know when there is going to be an VIII movie like the Advent Children with VII...I would personally like for them to make a movie for each game, but I'm especially looking for an VIII movie.

Is there going to be a Final Fantasy VIII-2 ? ? ?

raskerino
10-19-2005, 02:27 AM
There are no plans at this point for it, so it's unlikely.

TheAbominatrix
10-19-2005, 02:31 AM
Most likely not.

Not only was VIII pretty well wrapped up at the end, it also isnt the huge favorite of the series like VII is (and I say that without bias, as VII isnt even close to being my favorite). VII made way more money (I believe it sold 2 million copies more than VIII), so it was a safe bet that the Compilation of VII (Advent Children, Before Crisis, Crisis Core, and Dirge of Cerberus) would sell well.

Maybe sometime very far in the future, but I wouldnt hold my breath.

G SpOtZ
10-19-2005, 02:41 AM
it'd be interesting to see if they could come up with an original plot line for a sequel or movie...

i've been writing a fanfic sequel, about trabia garden... so i think that would be a good idea, like a story about trabia being rebuilt, and what happens afterwards...

TheAbominatrix
10-19-2005, 02:47 AM
I'm certain they could think of something, yeah. I mean, there are things they can go on, but there just isnt the debate about the ending like there was of VII.

Christmas
10-19-2005, 11:00 AM
i've been writing a fanfic sequel, about trabia garden... so i think that would be a good idea, like a story about trabia being rebuilt, and what happens afterwards...

Does that have to do with the Shumi character that have a problem with his pants? I will be the first one to read it. :D

Jessweeee♪
10-19-2005, 10:34 PM
not until the series has gone under and they'll probably make one of X and X-2 first. (not that they will of course)