PDA

View Full Version : Moon

Luara
10-19-2005, 07:23 PM
do you believed about the power of the moon, and the other planets? to make spells and that things... my sign is cancer... I dont believed very much about that, but sometimes they have some reasons ...sometimes... :choc2:

GunbladeMaster
10-19-2005, 07:32 PM
im sagitarrius
"Archer of Fire" i disagree...

Pure Strife
10-19-2005, 07:36 PM
You're damned if you do, and you're damned if you don't. So whatever the stars say we're basically all screwed anyway, so it's not really worth worrying about.

Luara
10-19-2005, 08:01 PM
there is another planet, so they are wrong about the writings ...

jrgen
10-19-2005, 09:42 PM
The only lunar force I believe in is gravity.

Meat Puppet
10-19-2005, 10:03 PM
I hear it's made of cheese.

Parasaurolophus
10-19-2005, 11:49 PM
all i know is that moons aint the best prank to pull at some high school!:tongue:

Captain Maxx Power
10-20-2005, 12:25 AM
There's something to it. We're about 70% water, and the moon's gravitational force is enough to move the oceans for pete's sake, so thinking it doesn't affect you is utter nonsense. It's relatively accepted facts that not only are birthing rates their highest during a full moon, but also crime, violent or otherwise. The stars, however, have no logical affect on us due to their vast distance away from us. Plus anyone who sees this:

http://chandra.harvard.edu/photo/0052/constellation-taurus.jpg

And decides it looks like this:

http://www.fcps.k12.va.us/DIS/OHSICS/planet/constell/taurus.gif

Needs their head sorting.

Parasaurolophus
10-20-2005, 12:36 AM
Hmmm.... interesting..... ( snor ):eep:

Samuraid
10-20-2005, 01:01 AM
No.

Big D
10-20-2005, 03:33 AM
There's something to it. We're about 70% water, and the moon's gravitational force is enough to move the oceans for pete's sake, so thinking it doesn't affect you is utter nonsense.Very dodgy science there. The moon affects the oceans because of gravity. Its gravity tugs on the oceans, shifting them slightly because the oceans, too, are massive bodies. It's got nothing to do with mystical powers or anything.

Crime is easier to commit during a full moon because there's more light to see by, yet it's still dark enough to go unnoticed.

udsuna
10-20-2005, 03:45 AM
Well.... the lunar cycle influences the human menstral cycle. We're the only species on this rock for whom the moon, and not the season, determines fertility. There's an interesting philosophical and spiritual lesson in that, if you buy into my belief that there's nothing coincidental about the Creator. Every little thing is a lesson.

Beyond that, magic is as all other things. A matter of perspective.

Big D
10-20-2005, 03:50 AM
The menstrual cycle is roughly monthly, but the lunar cycle's less than a month... both male and female fertility/hormones fluctuate from one month to the next, and there's also a broader seasonal cycle - most people are at their most virile in late summer. There's a general correlation to the moon, but correlation doesn't equal causation...

repo man
10-20-2005, 04:13 AM
Next you're going to tell us scientific evidence is not the same thing as proof.

Rinoa_Heartillly
10-20-2005, 04:18 AM
Another Religion thinger....*sigh*
I'm a Gemini and it's for the sign of the twins. I believe that it's true, since one moment I'm nice the next I'm very rude and aggresive, so yeah I believe in it. About the magic and spells thing, I don't know, I don't do witchcraft, even though I maybe part wiccan and Chiristian, but all I do is just pray.

jrgen
10-20-2005, 07:10 AM
There's something to it. We're about 70% water,
Water covers 70% of the Earth's surface.

Old Manus
10-20-2005, 07:32 AM
http://www.wtmag.co.uk/images/rhimage3.jpg

boris no no
10-20-2005, 08:34 AM
Water covers 70% of the Earth's surface.
the human body is also made up of about 70% of water.
the moon is pretty.
it has gravitational powers and that sort of thing. but all in all, its just a big lump of the earth that was bashed off in the hadean period. oh god, help me...I'M LEARNING THINGS AT UNIVERSITY!!!! ;o

Psychotic
10-20-2005, 10:51 AM
http://www.rathergood.com/moon_song/

And that's all there is to it.

Mittopotahis
10-20-2005, 11:26 AM
No.

Leene
10-20-2005, 12:33 PM
:save:...i believe in that powers.:save:

Zante
10-20-2005, 05:39 PM
Don't believe in magic, neither in that horoscope crap.

The Summoner of Leviathan
10-20-2005, 05:52 PM
Umm, interesting thing udsuna said...I never thought too much about the menstral cycle being 28 days(give or take a bit, but that is usually how long it is) and the lunar cycle being 28 days...Maybe just a coincindence...

I am not too too ssure about the impact of stars in out lives, but I alwaays like horoscopes. Mainly I read about the signs and wonder why I have many traits of a typical Leo...

Rainecloud
10-20-2005, 06:27 PM
I don't believe in Horoscopes or anything like that.

The moon might have some influence on gravity, etc, but it doesn't influence my life in any way. Except it might ruin my days out to the beach if the tide doesn't go out. But I can cope with that.

Destai
10-20-2005, 07:01 PM
Very dodgy science there. The moon affects the oceans because of gravity. Its gravity tugs on the oceans, shifting them slightly because the oceans, too, are massive bodies. It's got nothing to do with mystical powers or anything.

Crime is easier to commit during a full moon because there's more light to see by, yet it's still dark enough to go unnoticed.Our brains and body are also partly made of water. Do you know where Lunatics get there name from? I've been told its people who act, well..a little crazy during a full moon.

Anyway I do believe in Sun signs like capricorn and sagitarrius .what Ive read of my sign has described me well if you ask me but that might be because I want to believe more so than it being partcularly true. I dont believe in horoscopes though. Well most of them anyway. Most of them are made up.

Loudez
10-20-2005, 08:00 PM
Im a Taurus! I am stubbon some times...

The Summoner of Leviathan
10-20-2005, 08:03 PM
I read horoscopes for kicks...

Chris
10-20-2005, 08:44 PM
I believe in science... but I also believe that there's something in-between.

Destai
10-20-2005, 08:45 PM
I think everything is magic until science explains it.

rubah
10-20-2005, 10:59 PM
Umm, interesting thing udsuna said...I never thought too much about the menstral cycle being 28 days(give or take a bit, but that is usually how long it is) and the lunar cycle being 28 days...Maybe just a coincindence...
I'm voting coincidence, since once a guy expressed amazement after learning that my cycle wasn't 40 days off, 2 days on.

Rick once tried to find a semblence between my menstrual cycle and full moons, but it failed after a month or two because it didn't match :P

So, coincidence.

Captain Maxx Power
10-20-2005, 11:17 PM
Crime is easier to commit during a full moon because there's more light to see by, yet it's still dark enough to go unnoticed.

I'm on about brawls and the like, you know, those things that happen inside of a club, with adequate lighting, or outside with all the lampposts and what not.

Big D
10-20-2005, 11:47 PM
Our brains and body are also partly made of water. Do you know where Lunatics get there name from? I've been told its people who act, well..a little crazy during a full moon.It's because they used to believe that the moon caused insanity, and turned people into wolves and whatnot. Superstition, really.
Gravity affects solid matter as much as it affects water, it's just less noticeable because solid stuff doesn't get dragged around the way the oceans do.

Also, the moon's gravity is constant; it's got nothing at all to do with whether it's full or not.

Giga Guess
10-21-2005, 04:24 PM
All's I know is when the full moon comes out, I go ever so slightly insane...:p