PDA

View Full Version : hidden weapons

Lynx
10-20-2005, 01:57 AM
i dont know if this has already been posted but does anyone else know about the 2nd ribbon in the game the behomth horn for red xiii and i think its called striker for cid and also the added cut materia.

i found the 2nd ribbon in the ice caverns first time i played the game whatever many years ago i wasnt paying attention and walkeed right though a wall and found it.

the behmoth horn i found in shinra HQ after you parachute in you go down the stair well to find an elixer or 2? and then eventually comeing across the behomth horn. red xiii 2nd most powerful weapon.

and the striker if thats what its called. playing the one game in the gold saucer where you have to shoot things on the rollar coaster. you have to get something like 10,000 points i think.

and the added cut materia is somewheres on the snowy mountain. i forget exactly where but its hard to see.

thats all i know and sorry i forget the names of the snowy mountain but im sure everyone knows what im talking about.

Fonzie
10-20-2005, 02:01 AM
I have 3 ribbons from turning master tonberrys into them

I didn't need the behomth horn because i already had his ultimate weapon

i already had cids ultimate weapon

i had 4X cuts for all my charaters

Lynx
10-20-2005, 03:43 AM
cids ultamate weapon has no weapon growth and besides the striker is stronger then cids ultamate weapon.

and bahhemoth horn has an attack power of 91 im pretty sure and red xiii ultamate weapon only has a power of 93 or 94? so its not much weaker plau it has materia growth unlike his ultamate weapon.

and as far as the tonberrys into ribbons. you can get the 2nd ribbon before ever seeing a tonberrys and there not a bad thing to have at any point in the game.

and added cut does something different then 4x cut you connect it with another materia. only example i could think of is equip it with deathblow materia and youll attack then use deathblow right after. it has other uses i jsut cant think of any right now. besides i dont know about you but i like to master every materia in the game. i dont stop playing a game until i master it.

* White Aeris *
10-20-2005, 04:56 PM
thanks for sharing Lynx! don't know how i'll get that many points on the ride though... i can hadly make it past 1000!!

GunbladeMaster
10-20-2005, 05:07 PM
i can hardly make it...

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
10-20-2005, 09:05 PM
the weapon is called flayer btw, not striker, and u need 5,000p to get it, i haven't managed it yet either!?

yes i consider red XIII behemoth horn to be useful, but only wen levelling up materia, not in big fights. tho i hardly use him anyway!!!

ive never fouind that 2nd ribbon b4 but ive heard about it. nyone got any detailed descriptions?

yes added cut is different to double cut. to get it in the frozen glacier, hed to the mountain on the right of the map then take the top route (the one that heds sort of up rite ish) the added cut is on the right of the path on the first screen, tho its in the snow and VERY hard to see!!!

Captain Maxx Power
10-20-2005, 10:20 PM
Added Cut does exactly what it says. It adds an extra attack onto the end of any attack you care to pull off. So chuck it on Steal for a psuedo-Mug command, on Double Cut for 5xCut action, etc. Note that the added cut is just a standard attack, it doesn't recreate the command it's linked to, so no Double-Deathblows, no Double-Morphs etc.

Lynx
10-21-2005, 03:59 AM
umm i heard if you shoot the propellers constantly on the blimp you get a lot of points i was on a site yesterday forget the site but someone had like 34000 points and they said the secret was in the propellers of the blimp that flys by.

my bad on flayer and striker mix up and the 10000 and 5000 mix up and forgetting the name great glacier i feel so dumb for that lol.

other few secrets or tricks whatever you want to call them

to defeat ruby weaopn enter the battle with 2 characters dead that way he sticks his hands into the gorund right away. have the person alive wiht infla attack phoenix combo so when he gtes killed (within a few seconds) everyone gets brought back to life. also tyr and biuld up counter moves so that if someone is attcked ruby gets hit with knights of the round.

emerald weapon is a wimp no one should need a guide on beating him except underwater materia highly reccomended and final attack phoenx.

oh a cool trick is added effect hades combo in weapon slot. everytime you attack enemy is turned into a muted sleeping frog or other stuff.

to get the enemy skill pandoras box defeat a zombie dragon before it can use to much magic so that when it dies it uses the attack as a last resort.

choco buckle enemy skill. have to use a green on a chocobo and then use lv3 suicide on it and it has to have a level divisible by 3. im almost posotive thats how you get it to use choco buckle on you not posotive

ffxfreak93
10-21-2005, 04:03 AM
thanks for sharing Lynx! don't know how i'll get that many points on the ride though... i can hadly make it past 1000!!

a thousand!!!????OMFG!!!!! gosh thats more than me......... now i'm starting to feel bad:mad:

i'm not really good at that thing and don't really care about it...

* White Aeris *
10-21-2005, 01:03 PM
ah... don't feel bad! my sister can do it well... probably get her to do it!!! and yeah any directions on the ribbion would be great! ;)

Skyblade
10-21-2005, 01:59 PM
to get the enemy skill pandoras box defeat a zombie dragon before it can use to much magic so that when it dies it uses the attack as a last resort.

choco buckle enemy skill. have to use a green on a chocobo and then use lv3 suicide on it and it has to have a level divisible by 3. im almost posotive thats how you get it to use choco buckle on you not posotive

Pandora's Box is almost always used by only the first Dragon Zombie you face. I have heard rumors that ones after the first one can use it, but I have never seen any of those justified. And it won't be used as a final attack, but usually as the Dragon Zombie's first attack in the battle.

To get chocobuckle, you must find a level 16 Chocobo (found in the Mideel and Chocobo Ranch areas, though fairly rare in both places), use a Mimmett Green on it, and then have a character use Lv 4 Suicide. The Chocobo wil retaliate with Chocobuckle, which does damage equal to the amount of times that you have run away to a single opponent.

Lynx
10-22-2005, 03:47 AM
oh thanks on the right way to get chocobuckle. i havent played the game in awhile do i dont remember much.

and if i knew where my ff7 stratagy guide is id be able to give clear directions on how to get the ribbon. its not in the guide but id be able to tell from the pictures. all i remember is your walking from one side of the screen to the other not up or down but from left to right. and if you just keep going straight youll walk through a wall.

and as far as pandoras box. its true if you dont get it the first time youll never be able to get it. and im almost 100% posotive it only uses it when it dies as a last resort. i remeber somewheres saying you need to kill it quick before it uses to much magic so finish it quick with omnislash knights of the round whatever just kill it quick.