PDA

View Full Version : Children of Bodom

Devourment
10-20-2005, 10:05 AM
Does anyone else like Children of Bodom as well as me?

Methinks Hatebreeder & Follow the Reaper are their best albums.

They're really good live as well. I don't like their new stuff though, the singing isn't as good, & they've lost their Bodom feel.

I've recently learnt Silent Night, Bodom Night on guitar & I will be doing a recording of it soon. So I'll be putting it on here for people to have a listen & see what they think.

Rye
10-20-2005, 11:20 AM
I've heard some stuff by them, they're pretty good. I'd absolutely love them if they got someone who sang rather than death growled/screamed, but eh, they're still good.

Venom
10-20-2005, 01:02 PM
Ive heard of them, didnt they name there band after a famous suicide massacre? just wondering.

Pure Strife
10-20-2005, 08:19 PM
Kickass band. I don't mind Alexi's screaming too much, and the solos are mad. I loved Hatebreeder, but the last couple albums aren't really my thing.

Venom
10-20-2005, 11:47 PM
do you suggest any songs?

Devourment
10-22-2005, 10:18 AM
Melodic Death Metal surely wouldn't go together very well with actual proper singing though, that's why they growl.

I'm not sure about the massacre...

Yeah, the new album really is a dissapointment.

Songs:

Warheart
Lake Bodom
Bodom after Midnight
Silent Night, Bodom Night
Hate Me
Taste of My Sycthe
Bodom Beach Terror
Needled 24/7
Children of Decadence
Hatebreeder

There's just a few good ones.

Pure Strife
10-22-2005, 01:09 PM
Ive heard of them, didnt they name there band after a famous suicide massacre? just wondering.

The band was named after Lake Bodom, where a group of teenagers went camping and all were killed bar one, who was found completely out of his mind. No one's entirely sure what happened, but many think it was the last surviving kid that killed all his friends. It sounds like a bad Hollywood movie, but apparantly it actually happened.

Crushed Hope
10-22-2005, 01:56 PM
Melodic Death Metal surely wouldn't go together very well with actual proper singing though, that's why they growl.

I'm not sure about the massacre...

Bodom are not Melodic Death Metal. Honestly if you listened to Melodic Death Metal you would find NO similarites beyond vocals ... and even that is a short coming because Alexi's vocals are more suited for black metal. They are Power Metal (w/ Harsh Vocals.)

They were not named after a massacre but after a triple murder that happened between to group of four friends who went camping at Lake Bodom, 3 were killed, 1 of which was BRUTALLY SLAUGHTERED, and the fourth friend was scared to insanity.

However recent case developements CLAIM that it was the 4th friend who had killed the other three because 2 of the friends were going out and he liked one of them, and it was the whole "If I can't have her no one can" thing ...

He is innocent though.

Anyways, Hatebreeder and Follow the Reaper are good, there are still way better bands of the type out there (Like Kalmah and Norther.)

Epiphany
10-22-2005, 02:14 PM
I agree that Hatebreeder and Follow the Reaper are their best albums, but there isn't anything I really don't like from CoB. Hatecrew Deathroll completely grew on me and now Triple Corpse Hammerblow and Angels Don't Kill are two of my favorite Bodom songs.
They're quite easily my second favorite band to play on guitar, first being Opeth.

P.s. Antti Kokko of Kalmah is the reason I picked up a guitar. :3

Devourment
10-28-2005, 12:01 PM
Bodom are not Melodic Death Metal. Honestly if you listened to Melodic Death Metal you would find NO similarites beyond vocals ... and even that is a short coming because Alexi's vocals are more suited for black metal. They are Power Metal (w/ Harsh Vocals.)

They were not named after a massacre but after a triple murder that happened between to group of four friends who went camping at Lake Bodom, 3 were killed, 1 of which was BRUTALLY SLAUGHTERED, and the fourth friend was scared to insanity.

However recent case developements CLAIM that it was the 4th friend who had killed the other three because 2 of the friends were going out and he liked one of them, and it was the whole "If I can't have her no one can" thing ...

He is innocent though.

Anyways, Hatebreeder and Follow the Reaper are good, there are still way better bands of the type out there (Like Kalmah and Norther.)I'm not on about what the vocals are suited for though, I meant what the guitar & keyboard is suited for.

jrgen
10-28-2005, 12:25 PM
I'm not on about what the vocals are suited for though, I meant what the guitar & keyboard is suited for.
It seemed like you suggested that CoB are melodic death metal, which they are not. And they rarely growl. They mainly use BM vocals.