PDA

View Full Version : ok paladin or dark knight

vivi knight
10-20-2005, 10:34 PM
i just played ff4 for the frist time and just got cecel truned to a paladin so do you think he is better as a paladin i don.t :choc2:

Captain Maxx Power
10-20-2005, 11:23 PM
He's got better stats, better equipment, spells, auto-cover, and everyone knows golden armour is the snazz. What more do you want?

DJZen
10-21-2005, 01:57 AM
More dark knight awesomeness.
http://www.strizzuth.com/images/cecilgraf.gif

Reine
10-21-2005, 02:01 AM
Game makers are always afraid of making Dark Knights playable characters. When they DO make them playable, they ruin the theme. You can use Darkness for good purposes you know. Just dont give in to it, and be ruled by it.

Paladins are overused, i though it was awesome that the main character was a Dark Knight.

DJZen
10-21-2005, 02:18 AM
FFXI lets you be a dark knight ;)

kratos_GoS
10-21-2005, 03:39 AM
I said it before and i will say it again paladin is cool

Slade
10-21-2005, 05:25 AM
Dark Knight was better in the cool department. When he first turned into a Paladin I was like: 'What the.........?' He just didnt look right to me. But once I used him in battle I forgot all about it.

Zell>Everything
10-21-2005, 07:21 AM
Dark Knights are cool. Paladins are light hugging sissie boys. Bet they went to scouts and everything.

boys from the dwarf
10-21-2005, 08:06 AM
the dark knight looks cooler and has the funky darkness ability but paladins have better stats on this game. they diliberatly made paladins loads better so you wouldnt care about losing a dark knight.

3dpolynoma
10-21-2005, 08:41 AM
Everytime I've replayed this game, I curse the day I must climb Mt.Ordeals.
:choc2: BAH.:choc2:
I love this game, but even as a kid that transformation really pissed me off. I feel like I was snubbed my right to feel evil on the game. At least they didnt transform Rydia into a shriveled up codger.

vivi knight
10-21-2005, 12:03 PM
ok so i just played a littel whit cecel as a paladin i learned keal2 his pretty cool:D :rolleyes2

DJZen
10-21-2005, 07:13 PM
His dark wave is actually pretty useful, especially on the serpent road where you fight groups of enemies who can wind up doing more damage to than dark wave would. I didn't notice any huge shift in stats when Cecil became a paladin in my game. However, his cover ability proved mostly useless as he seems to never want to use it when it'd be important, and usually it only protected from weak attacks. His magic is also virtually useless. By the time you hit the end of the game you won't even want to bother with it, making it somewhat negligable.

Crossblades
10-21-2005, 08:54 PM
I really don't mind. I like Cecil as both

KoShiatar
10-21-2005, 09:55 PM
The best thing is in FF III. You can stay a Dark Knight as long as you want to AND you have healing powers. If you buy the right spells at the shops, that is. :)
Extra healing is SOOO nice in the long dungeons.

Captain Maxx Power
10-21-2005, 10:59 PM
I didn't notice any huge shift in stats when Cecil became a paladin in my game. However, his cover ability proved mostly useless as he seems to never want to use it when it'd be important, and usually it only protected from weak attacks. His magic is also virtually useless. By the time you hit the end of the game you won't even want to bother with it, making it somewhat negligable.

Paladin Level 70 stats (with crystal equipment):
Str: 99 Agil: 41 Vit: 85 Wis: 36 Will: 68
Dark Knight Level 70 stats:
Str: 61 Agil: 41 Vit: 41 Wis: 24 Will: 1

Pretty much speaks for itself, plus I believe Paladin's get Haste, which is always good.

Creed
10-22-2005, 02:00 AM
If they let you interchange them then I would be a Dark Knight for most of the game and rule the game.

Apollo
10-22-2005, 04:17 AM
I liked Paladin Cecil more, pretty much because of stats and because of the fact that I don't like Dark Knights.

Sefie1999AD
10-22-2005, 01:06 PM
I prefer the Paladin. Nice equipment and good damage against the undead, which can't be said about the Dark Knight. In Mt. Ordeals, it was better to equip Cecil with fists rather than his sword since his sword was barely scratching the undead.

ThroneofDravaris
10-22-2005, 04:52 PM
If Dark Knight Cecil can use the Ragnarok, then I say that he would be better than the Paladin.

If not, DK Cecil can f@#$ himself.

Primus Inter Pares
10-22-2005, 04:53 PM
Not only that but the Paladin is much hotter :joey:

ThroneofDravaris
10-22-2005, 04:54 PM
*searches for DK/Paladin hentai*

Primus Inter Pares
10-22-2005, 04:55 PM
*searches for Tellah/Yang hentai*

crashNUMBERS
10-22-2005, 06:18 PM
Long ago I used to like Dark Knight but Paladin Cecil can kick a lot of ass...

nik0tine
10-22-2005, 06:40 PM
Paladin, for the simple fact that it's a cooler looking sprite.

KoShiatar
10-22-2005, 10:08 PM
I can't remember who said that Paladin Cecil looks like a hippie. Kinda right, but he's cool.

DJZen
10-23-2005, 12:58 AM
Ooooooooooh.... what if FFIVA lets you CHOOSE if you want to become a paladin or not?

Zeromus_X
10-23-2005, 03:07 AM
eh...but cecil had to become a paladin...

like...remember when golbez tried using the crystal on zeromus, it wouldnt work, because his soul was filled with evil.

if cecil didnt become a paladin, the story couldnt advance. so...putting that in the remake would ruin it.

its just...ya know?:)

edit: unfortunately, you can't throw ragnaroks...^^; )

TurkSlayer
10-23-2005, 03:16 AM
Dark Knight Cecil is cooler, but Paladin is stronger. Still, I prefer DK.

DJZen
10-24-2005, 04:56 AM
if cecil didnt become a paladin, the story couldnt advance. so...putting that in the remake would ruin it.

Nope, not seeing your point here. If Cecil didn't become a paladin he'd have been attacked by Palom & Porom who would of course reveal that they were sent to spy on him. Then he would have to return to town and explain why he failed, which would of course lead to his expulsion, which would probably involve him and Tellah going somewhere else and doing something else which would lead back to Baron in a more roundabout way. I'm not seeing why the story wouldn't progress, and in fact I think it might make the story more interesting to show a flawed hero rather than a cookie cutter goodie two shoes like Cecil.

Zell>Everything
10-24-2005, 06:35 AM
Evil is cool. Paladins are not. If only there were more Emo FF characters. That'd be hilarious! Picture the scene-
*Heartagram*
*Enemy falls asleep*
*Angst*
*Defx2, berserk*
See, it could be awesome!
Now goth characters, better still! Picture this-
*Enemy casts doom*
"I'm ACTUALLY dead! Awesome!"*All stats double*
*Summons Satan*

See? The subculure possibilities are endless!

DJZen
10-24-2005, 08:21 PM
No, that would be a HORRIBLE game.

-----Emo
Cecil: NONE OF YOU UNDERSTAAAAAAAAAAAND ME!! *cries about it*
Kain: I wrote this poem which I'm posting on my LJ, it's about Rosa, it's called "OMG so many tears keep falling and I feel dead inside and my parents hate me."
Rydia: Dashboard Confessionals is the only band that understands the cruel world I live in.
Cecil: I'm so horribly misunderstood, and I've got no one in my life who really cares about me.
Edge: NOT THAT ANYONE CARES BUT I'M GONNA BE CUTTING MY WRISTS NOW! *goes to room and puts Linkin Park's In The End on repeat play*
Rosa: Dear LJ: It's NOT just teen angst that I'm feeling! Why won't anyone understand that what I feel CAN'T be given a simple name. Nobody cares that I hurt so deep inside me.
Edge: *sticks head out of room* I'm bleeding now! If ANYBODY cares you should call an ambulance!
Rosa: My parents don't understand. Nobody understands. Why doesn't anyone understand me? Robert Smith said it best when he said...
Rydia: YOUR HAIR IS EEEEEVERYWHERE SCREAMING INFIDELITIES AAAAND...
Cecil: I cry so much that I have no more tears left.
Edge: WHY WON'T YOU CALL AN AMBULANCE?! WHY DOESN'T ANYBODY CARE?!?!?!

--------Goth
Kain: I didn't sleep last night.
Cecil: I didn't sleep for the last TWO nights.
Kain: Well... I actually haven't slept for an entire WEEK.
Rydia: O, the pain, the horrible pain of life, why must you torment me so?
Edge: I cut my wrists because I'm already dead, you just don't know it yet. Death is a comfort.
Rosa: has anyone seen my mascara? It's the blacker than black hot topic one.
Cecil: Oh here, I borrowed it along with your aquanet.
Edge: This Nitzer Eib is awesome stuff, the beautiful pain they express in their music shows us the horror that is life.
Rydia: Life, what is life? Life is the hollow shell of nothingness we choose to feel. There is no use for life when death consumes all. Woe and misery are all I feel.
Rosa: Did I get these fishnet sleeves right? I think I need to shave my head. Even dyed black my hair doesn't look darque enough.
Edge: And in this one song, it goes "darkness darkness darkness darkness", they have captured the twisted fairytale of our cold, miserable being.
Rydia: What is death? Aren't we all dead inside already? Don't we die when we're born? Aren't we all just slaves to death?
Rosa: I have to wear black on the OUTSIDE to show the black I feel on the INSIDE.
Cecil: I'm going to change my name to "Azreal Pythagreon Pontious Hades X: The Darque Lorde"
Edge: Watch how much I bleed when I cut my wrists, doesn't the blood frighten and intruige you?
Rydia: I shall draw a pentagram on the floor now, in honour of my dark master *tries to summon Satan but can't because satan is too busy laughing*
Kain: I will drink your blood 'cause I'm a vampire *drinks blood* OH GOD IT TASTES SO HORRIBLE!!! IT'S LIKE EATING PENNIES! *throws up*
Cecil: Oh man, that smells horrible, I'm opening a window. *opens window*
*everyone gets sunburn and, having finally experienced actual, physical pain, gives the whole goth thing up*

Sefie1999AD
10-24-2005, 08:44 PM
No, that would be a HORRIBLE game.

-----Emo
Cecil: NONE OF YOU UNDERSTAAAAAAAAAAAND ME!! *cries about it*
Kain: I wrote this poem which I'm posting on my LJ, it's about Rosa, it's called "OMG so many tears keep falling and I feel dead inside and my parents hate me."
Rydia: Dashboard Confessionals is the only band that understands the cruel world I live in.
Cecil: I'm so horribly misunderstood, and I've got no one in my life who really cares about me.
Edge: NOT THAT ANYONE CARES BUT I'M GONNA BE CUTTING MY WRISTS NOW! *goes to room and puts Linkin Park's In The End on repeat play*
Rosa: Dear LJ: It's NOT just teen angst that I'm feeling! Why won't anyone understand that what I feel CAN'T be given a simple name. Nobody cares that I hurt so deep inside me.
Edge: *sticks head out of room* I'm bleeding now! If ANYBODY cares you should call an ambulance!
Rosa: My parents don't understand. Nobody understands. Why doesn't anyone understand me? Robert Smith said it best when he said...
Rydia: YOUR HAIR IS EEEEEVERYWHERE SCREAMING INFIDELITIES AAAAND...
Cecil: I cry so much that I have no more tears left.
Edge: WHY WON'T YOU CALL AN AMBULANCE?! WHY DOESN'T ANYBODY CARE?!?!?!

--------Goth
Kain: I didn't sleep last night.
Cecil: I didn't sleep for the last TWO nights.
Kain: Well... I actually haven't slept for an entire WEEK.
Rydia: O, the pain, the horrible pain of life, why must you torment me so?
Edge: I cut my wrists because I'm already dead, you just don't know it yet. Death is a comfort.
Rosa: has anyone seen my mascara? It's the blacker than black hot topic one.
Cecil: Oh here, I borrowed it along with your aquanet.
Edge: This Nitzer Eib is awesome stuff, the beautiful pain they express in their music shows us the horror that is life.
Rydia: Life, what is life? Life is the hollow shell of nothingness we choose to feel. There is no use for life when death consumes all. Woe and misery are all I feel.
Rosa: Did I get these fishnet sleeves right? I think I need to shave my head. Even dyed black my hair doesn't look darque enough.
Edge: And in this one song, it goes "darkness darkness darkness darkness", they have captured the twisted fairytale of our cold, miserable being.
Rydia: What is death? Aren't we all dead inside already? Don't we die when we're born? Aren't we all just slaves to death?
Rosa: I have to wear black on the OUTSIDE to show the black I feel on the INSIDE.
Cecil: I'm going to change my name to "Azreal Pythagreon Pontious Hades X: The Darque Lorde"
Edge: Watch how much I bleed when I cut my wrists, doesn't the blood frighten and intruige you?
Rydia: I shall draw a pentagram on the floor now, in honour of my dark master *tries to summon Satan but can't because satan is too busy laughing*
Kain: I will drink your blood 'cause I'm a vampire *drinks blood* OH GOD IT TASTES SO HORRIBLE!!! IT'S LIKE EATING PENNIES! *throws up*
Cecil: Oh man, that smells horrible, I'm opening a window. *opens window*
*everyone gets sunburn and, having finally experienced actual, physical pain, gives the whole goth thing up*

Man, why don't you, Necronopticous and a couple of other people try to apply for Square Enix's script writer job? :thumb:

KoShiatar
10-24-2005, 09:55 PM
...Or write the script for a new "Eyes on FF: Sick Irony"?

Zell>Everything
10-25-2005, 01:22 AM
Hahahahaha!
God it's hilarious how many of those apply to me! :D
That is excellent, I want you RUNNING scriptwriting!
Bravo!

Christmas
04-29-2022, 10:15 AM
Dark Knight all the way. Why be some holy warrior when you can be Batman? :bigsmile: