PDA

View Full Version : 1 word.... Greatestactionmovieoftheyear

Markus. D
10-21-2005, 03:53 AM
In my eyes anyway, I saw it yesturday

and I'd see it again... and again and again..... and again and again and again.

though im not really happy about the storyline... and how sometimes you wish there was blood flying everywhere, its purdy (i littarally said that 8 or 12 times throuought the movie)

LONG LIVE TIFFA VS LOZ!

Lynx
10-21-2005, 04:15 AM
i saw the movie too it was so awesome. i agree best action movie of the year. proably ever lol.

i thought the storyline was great though. no sitting around everything just kicks into the action real early on.

tiffa vs loz was awesome but my favorite fight seen is when loz cloud and yazoo fight in the forest and loz punches the tree and yahzoo and cloud are on it and yazoo is shooting at cloud while walking down the falling tree. also clouds final attack was by far the coolest limit (if thats what you wanna call it) ever.

oh and reno and rude were funny in the movie haha.

Markus. D
10-21-2005, 04:19 AM
oh yes Knights of the round summon was beautifully done

I donno... i guess the story was alright, but there wasnt any character development... and well... they ddnt involve yuffie enough.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
10-21-2005, 08:46 PM
bestactionmovieoftheyear? u meen bestactionmovieofthecentury

FFVIII Fan
10-21-2005, 09:20 PM
Yea it was incredable alrite. Best fight is either tifas one near the start or clouds in the forest. I was left there laughing in awe at the fights, way too good. Best action film of the century:D

Winter Nights
10-21-2005, 10:35 PM
bestactionmovieoftheyear? u meen bestactionmovieofthecentury
You people really haven't seen many movies, have you?

It was pretty and entertaining.. But, it was hardly spectacular.

Sephiroths Clone
10-21-2005, 11:12 PM
oh yes Knights of the round summon was beautifully done

I dont remember that in the movie?!

Markus. D
10-25-2005, 04:52 AM
I dont remember that in the movie?!

when cloud is fighting Sephiroth you see it excecuted, i also saw about 2 enemy attacks.

edit: only the year, not the century, THE YEAR!

Winter Nights
10-25-2005, 04:57 AM
when cloud is fighting Sephiroth you see it excecuted, i also saw about 2 enemy attacks.

Umm.. What? Are you referring to that multi-sword Omnislash?

Dominus-Ifrit
10-25-2005, 05:46 AM
To satisfy all the die-hard fans of final fantasy 7, the movie would have had to been like 7 hours long, so everyone needs to stop saying there should have been more of this and more of that. It was an amazing movie that gave us exactly what we wanted... action and action and action. The story is self-explanatory, and the movie was made in addition to the game, not a re-interpretation of it, so the people who saw it had to have played the game, but even if they didn't.. they still enjoyed it because of the action. This movie is the best of the year.

Winter Nights
10-25-2005, 09:50 PM
To satisfy all the die-hard fans of final fantasy 7, the movie would have had to been like 7 hours long, so everyone needs to stop saying there should have been more of this and more of that. It was an amazing movie that gave us exactly what we wanted... action and action and action. The story is self-explanatory, and the movie was made in addition to the game, not a re-interpretation of it, so the people who saw it had to have played the game, but even if they didn't.. they still enjoyed it because of the action. This movie is the best of the year.
Again.. Hardly. It looked incredible, but that's all it really had going for it. Granted, it was everything I expected and I was satisfied.. But to call it movie of the year just shows a lack of movie-watching experience.

raskerino
10-25-2005, 10:10 PM
Again.. Hardly. It looked incredible, but that's all it really had going for it. Granted, it was everything I expected and I was satisfied.. But to call it movie of the year just shows a lack of movie-watching experience.

I agree, not because I didn't like it but because the media of a movie like it does not allow (is pretty hard to do in action movies) it to make me care about the story.

Because it didn't have a remotely decent one, and you can defend that by saying they couldn't have had that, and I would respond so what, ff's should (imo) have wonderful stories that's what makes them great for me, so FFAC wasn't a great movie.

As an action movie it was better than I'd rate it on a general movie scale.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
10-26-2005, 11:26 PM
I donno... i guess the story was alright, but there wasnt any character development... and well... they ddnt involve yuffie enough.

This is a sequel to a game u'know! All the character development you want (and more) are all in the game. I guess thats the advantage of this as a movie you go past that and get to the story...which was ok but not great!

overal though the movie is pretty awesome!:D

Dinnova
10-27-2005, 12:12 AM
I thought the movie was great. Especialy since it was a direct-to-video. And i belive most of us can relate to the fact that most movies that are a direct release suck or dont live up to the hype. Example: Start ship troopers 2(something like that), Barney goes to space(Biggest let down ever!!!:mad2: ) O and The land before time 2 through to 10000(5983 had its moments though). But there are some movies that are great direct-to-video, like Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story.

I just wish the movie was longer, so we could get more of each character (Nanaki, Yuffi, Barret, Cid, and Caith Sith(hes still a character)).

Mookies
10-27-2005, 09:07 AM
Wow, it really hurts my head seeing all these "Bestest moviiie of the Millennium ya "

Really, give it time and ask someone who is NOT attached to FF and ask them about it.

The fight scenes were good at best.
More of a giant FMV.

Dreddz
10-27-2005, 12:01 PM
Hate to spoil the party, but I'd sum it up as /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif.....

Winter Nights
10-28-2005, 12:33 AM
More of a giant FMV.
Quoted For Truth.

FFGuevara
10-28-2005, 01:37 AM
It was a great movie. Should of been a hour longer, or they could of done something like the Kill bill vol's.

-N-
10-28-2005, 02:04 AM
The correct answer was "overdone".

Markus. D
10-28-2005, 03:20 AM
I say it was Underdone....

action wise it was just right, it had a reason for people flying around like crazy.... unlike hero *cough* crap *shudder*

Dinnova
10-28-2005, 05:08 PM
I say it was Underdone....

action wise it was just right, it had a reason for people flying around like crazy.... unlike hero *cough* crap *shudder*
how the flip could they fly???????
like the sence where there fighting in the tunnel and there clashing in mid air for like 5 minutes, or when sephiroth smokes cloud from the side
and ya, for the 5 minutes i saw of hero..... it made no sence.

Shoden
10-28-2005, 05:59 PM
Jenova cells, Mako energy, do they come to mind?

Great movie but I think at least another 20 minutes could of been fitted into it.

GunbladeMaster
10-28-2005, 06:20 PM
Limited Budget

Dinnova
10-28-2005, 09:09 PM
Jenova cells, Mako energy, do they come to mind?
u mean me? everyone but barret could praticaly fly!

Mookies
10-28-2005, 10:46 PM
It is Final Fantasy

Dinnova
10-28-2005, 10:48 PM
It is Final Fantasy
NO IT HAS TO MAKE SENCE.

meh i dont care. the movie would suck if they could only jump a meter. Our physics sucks.

MysticD
11-22-2005, 01:55 AM
I didn't see KOTR being cast in the movie......

If you are talking abt what Cloud does to Sephiroth with that multi-slash thing,

ITS CALLED OM-NI-SL-ASH!

:)

Randgris
12-13-2005, 02:05 AM
To satisfy all the die-hard fans of final fantasy 7, the movie would have had to been like 7 hours long, so everyone needs to stop saying there should have been more of this and more of that.
I don't think its a good idea though, I mean, who would stare at the screen for 7 freaking hours? I can only do that when I'm playing games but watching a movie that long? That's albeit too much don't you think? :sweatdrop

I think 2~3 hours can satisfy a FFVII gamers satisfaction.

Dolentrean
12-13-2005, 03:00 AM
It was a good movie I will give you that, it had decent action, but when it comes down to it the movie was a huge fan service, little more.

I enjoyed the move and have watched it a few times but I would not give it best action movie of the year, not to mention it the movie was long enough to appease all the fans it would take forever to finish and cost LOTS of money.

kikimm
12-13-2005, 03:02 AM
http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74573

We don't need 3 threads discussing the same thing. So just use that topic please!