PDA

View Full Version : Think about this.

Future Esthar
10-21-2005, 11:58 AM
Letīs suppose the characters found JME on the future,take it back to the past and destroyed it.
There will be no need to defeat Ulti then.
Since the machine disappeared from her time and was destroyed on the past she can no longer possess anyone from that time on.
This will not violate the stoneness of time because it will only influence the events after Squall comes back.
Since Ulti needs the machine to perform Time Compression it will end after they destroy it.

The machine would disappear from the future FROM THE TIME OUR CHARACTERS REACH THERE ON,not before.

Attention,I didnīt said TO DESTROY ODINEīs ORIGINAL MODEL.That wouldnīt work (not even be possible).

So a better strategy would be for the doctor to put a magnetic device on the original model of the machine then to make a detector machine for Seedīs(hoping Ulti would not found itīs use).
Using this detector our characters could go directly to the machineīs room (It seems Ulti is not close to the machine.It is working automatically) and steal it quickly enough before the time compression ends temporarilly.

I am assuming that time compression require the machine to still work.

What do you think about the last line (and overall).

This is the kinda mission Seed is used to.Timing missions with coverage(e.g. the missile base).

crazybayman
10-21-2005, 12:06 PM
Can you prove any of this?

After all, the first thing you said in that post was "Lets suppose.....", meaning that right away you're just assuming something that has no evidence to support it.

This should probably go in fan fiction.

sub zero
10-21-2005, 01:08 PM
all of future estars threads should go in fan fiction.

Kamrusepas
10-21-2005, 01:52 PM
Hey, Sub-Zero's my all time favorite Mortal Kombat fighter :D

G SpOtZ
10-21-2005, 02:30 PM
hmm....i don't really get it. FE, where ya been? u were gone for awhile, and now ur back with another theory! haha. i still dont get it though.

Sir Bahamut
10-21-2005, 02:34 PM
It WILL violate the 'stoneness of time' as you put it, if they only get rid of the machine and ignore Ultimecia. Because Squall HAS to fight Ultimecia and defeat her, so that they can both go back to the orphanage so that Ultimecia can pass on her powers.

Furthermore, the machine was needed for TC only indirectly. TC had some sort of requirement which meant Ultimecia had to be in the far past(relative to Ultimecia) to cast it, and the only way to get to the past was via the JME. However, once she had cast the spell, JME no longer has any significance. An analogy: you have a bomb, but the detonator key is in another location. So you use a car to get to the detonator key, and then blow the bomb up. However, the bomb is not in any way dependant on the car! The car was just the way to get to the location.

Doomtrain 770
10-21-2005, 02:38 PM
Does any of this REALLY matter?

Christmas
10-21-2005, 04:24 PM
Letīs suppose the characters found JME on the future,take it back to the past and destroyed it.
Since the machine disappeared from her time and was destroyed on the past she can no longer possess anyone from that time on.
This will not violate the stoneness of time because it will only influence the events after Squall comes back.
Since Ulti needs the machine to perform Time Compression it will end after they destroy it.

The machine would disappear from the future FROM THE TIME OUR CHARACTERS REACH THERE ON,not before.

Attention,I didnīt said TO DESTROY ODINEīs ORIGINAL MODEL.That wouldnīt work (not even be possible).

So a better strategy would be for the doctor to put a magnetic device on the original model of the machine then to make a detector machine for Seedīs(hoping Ulti would not found itīs use).
Using this detector our characters could go directly to the machineīs room (It seems Ulti is not close to the machine.It is working automatically) and steal it quickly enough before the time compression ends temporarilly.

I am assuming that time compression require the machine to still work.

What do you think about the last line (and overall).

This is the kinda mission Seed is used to.Timing missions with coverage(e.g. the missile base).

http://rpgoblivion.gamingsource.net/Animated%20gifs/FF%208/chibi/rinoa.gif: Wow, he is right, Squall.

http://rpgoblivion.gamingsource.net/Animated%20gifs/FF%208/chibi/squall.gif: NO.

http://rpgoblivion.gamingsource.net/Animated%20gifs/FF%208/chibi/rinoa.gif: Why?

http://rpgoblivion.gamingsource.net/Animated%20gifs/FF%208/chibi/squall.gif: DO HE KNOW THE REAL MEANING BEHIND SeeD?????

http://rpgoblivion.gamingsource.net/Animated%20gifs/FF%208/chibi/rinoa.gif:Oh ya...

http://rpgoblivion.gamingsource.net/Animated%20gifs/FF%208/chibi/squall.gif: If we do that, then we are just running from the responsibility of it.

http://rpgoblivion.gamingsource.net/Animated%20gifs/FF%208/couples/rinoasquall.gif: You are so smart, Squall. :heart:

Doomtrain 770
10-21-2005, 04:27 PM
:lol: Funny. :lol:

Black Angel
10-23-2005, 03:26 PM
Cute.........Very cute.............

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
10-23-2005, 05:02 PM
Id say that you could never be sure what happens if something in time got changed.
Have any of you heard of the Chaos Theory and the butterfly effect?
Basically it states that if a butterfly flaps it's wings in, Lets say London, it could theoretically cause a Tornado etc. in Australia. Yes, I know it sounds kinda far-fetched but it sort or makes sense. Basically, Even the tiniest things have unforseeable consequences. So If the JME was destroyed it could cause the with sorceresses to take over the world, Squall never being born, SeeD never existing, you name it it could happen. Ultimecia could technically never have been born. If you try to think about what would happen if something in time was being changed you will end up with a lot of loops and endless cycles. it's best not to think about it it'll just give you a headache.
Good thread FE!! Really Interesting..... ^_^ *happy*

Black Angel
10-24-2005, 01:28 AM
Pretty much lets just say that.......Umm..........if that happened then maybe nobody would even be there..................(so to speak)...........

*__*)
10-24-2005, 02:18 AM
hmm....i don't really get it. FE, where ya been? u were gone for awhile, and now ur back with another theory! haha. i still dont get it though.

I'm with you. FE, do you have any other theories that you're working on, I would be interested in hearing new things from you. I never was around when your older theories were in vogue, then again, you weren't around for some of mine either.

EDIT: Oh, now I see after re-reading. Yeah, but Ultimecia would just discover that her beloved machine was missing immediatly and then use her spare one.

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
10-24-2005, 10:48 AM
If you have any other theories, FE bring 'em on!!!! :D :D

crazybayman
10-24-2005, 11:48 AM
Careful what you wish for people.

Sir Bahamut
10-24-2005, 02:13 PM
Id say that you could never be sure what happens if something in time got changed.
Have any of you heard of the Chaos Theory and the butterfly effect?
Basically it states that if a butterfly flaps it's wings in, Lets say London, it could theoretically cause a Tornado etc. in Australia. Yes, I know it sounds kinda far-fetched but it sort or makes sense. Basically, Even the tiniest things have unforseeable consequences. So If the JME was destroyed it could cause the with sorceresses to take over the world, Squall never being born, SeeD never existing, you name it it could happen. Ultimecia could technically never have been born.

..which is why it is stated in FF8 that you can't change the past. Futures theory is impossible simply because things HAD to happen the way they did, and JME had no impact on Time Compression.

Now, chaos theory like you speak of isn't far-fetched, and is a very well known theory, so don't worry there. However, it doesn't apply to FF8(at least not the 'traditional' interpretation of the game) because you can't change the past, ever.

Careful what you wish for people.

Yep. I'd say something about the quality of Futures previous 'theories', but I've already been warned once :rolleyes2

crazybayman
10-24-2005, 02:24 PM
Yep. I'd say something about the quality of Futures previous 'theories', but I've already been warned once :rolleyes2
me too :p

Christmas
10-24-2005, 04:04 PM
http://rpgoblivion.gamingsource.net/Animated%20gifs/FF%208/chibi/quistis.gif: Just something to add. Why not go read FE past theories thread to decide it for yourself?

http://rpgoblivion.gamingsource.net/Animated%20gifs/FF%208/chibi/zell.gif: And please THINK TWICE before posting something into it.

x_Hopeless_Deviate_x
10-24-2005, 08:27 PM
Wow Zell has really big feet...
And you know what they say about guys with big feet...
;)

G SpOtZ
10-24-2005, 11:37 PM
big shoes

rubah
10-25-2005, 12:56 AM
G-Spotz is right.

Gunblade masters, please don't make any more one word/one emoticon posts, they're really unnecessary.

If you use the means for you to go back in time to destroy the thing that caused you to eventually go back in time, that means you'll pop in and out of existence like schroedinger's cat.

Feel free to continue discussing this, as long as you don't use it as more of an excuse to spam ;) That's what Feedback is for.

Black Angel
10-25-2005, 01:33 AM

Christmas
10-25-2005, 02:15 PM
Anyway, if we look at this clearly....

They are meant to defeat Ultimecia....

So the time has come. You're the legendary SeeD destined to face me?

See Sir Bahamut's post.

Why in the world do you know how the JME works or behave. And like installing a detector will work since you have no understanding of the nature of JME nor do you have ever seen it.

It is like you always lose your money and you want to make/install a detector to find your lost money.

And what if Ultimecia find this detector?

And can the detector still function after going to Ultimecia's world, after all those chaos?

And I repeat myself, do you know the real meaning of SeeD? It is to defeat evil sorceress such as Ultimecia. If you steal the machine and ran off, Ultimecia will still be in the future causing ramapage while thinking of other plan.

It is not serving the purpose of SeeD and not the kind of mission SeeD is used.

PS: Why am I subscribed to this thread.....?

Doomtrain 770
10-25-2005, 02:23 PM
PS: Why am I subscribed to this thread.....?

So am I. For some reason, it subscribed me to a couple of random threads that I posted in.

Future Esthar
11-01-2005, 02:45 AM
Never thought of it that way,Sir Bahamut.Interesting.
Discussion settled then.Thanks for showing me how much of a genius Odine and Square were.

There are no theories on this thread,Crazybayman.
This is a "what if" thread.

My computer had problems and I sent it to be fixed.
It is fixed now.It was formatted.

crazybayman
11-01-2005, 02:05 PM
There are no theories on this thread,Crazybayman.
This is a "what if" thread.
I didn't say it was a theory.
I merely asked if you could prove it.

Future Esthar
11-02-2005, 06:36 PM
If there is no theory or speculation what is there to proof?

rubah
11-02-2005, 11:10 PM
He wants a reason as to why he should spend his time thinking about what the "what if" would entail.

Christmas
11-03-2005, 03:13 AM
The game is made and turned out to be the way it was meant to be.

G SpOtZ
11-03-2005, 03:22 AM
well said.

crazybayman
11-03-2005, 12:22 PM
He wants a reason as to why he should spend his time thinking about what the "what if" would entail.
Precisely. Thank-you.

Absolutely.

sub zero
11-03-2005, 02:57 PM
all of future estars threads should go in fan fiction.
sorry i just felt then need to qote myselth but future esthar should write some fan fiction insead of boring us with pointless theroys that cant be proven.

ps in ff9 section i have just manged to prove that Osma could be Grevier. look at the thread "what is osma?" to see what i mean

Christmas
11-03-2005, 03:10 PM
sorry i just felt then need to qote myselth but future esthar should write some fan fiction insead of boring us with pointless theroys that cant be proven.

ps in ff9 section i have just manged to prove that Osma could be Grevier. look at the thread "what is osma?" to see what i mean

I think it is hardly near "proven" or "could be proven" since there isn't evidence and just an assumption/deduction....just like Future Esthar's....

So You-know-who might get the idea??

PS: If you think he will treat that thread as a joke, then think again....
One last thing....it is GREVER....:D

For references on Griever:

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php? (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=68988&highlight=plot+theories)

Jessweeee♪
11-03-2005, 10:52 PM
Ok, if ulti used Odine's machine, why don't they just kill Odine? He'll never make the machine for her to use. oh, and Ellone too for good measure.

Future Esthar
11-04-2005, 12:10 AM
Because the guy has already been killed too many times,ah,ah,ah,ah:D