PDA

View Full Version : Spongebob Squarepants

Trumpet Thief
10-21-2005, 04:08 PM
chaos: A great show. I absolutely love it.

Rubedo: Patrick never ceases to make me laugh. I'm so greateful that new episodes have started airing.

chaos: Anybody feel the same way about this show? And if not, what do you think?

GooeyToast
10-21-2005, 04:12 PM
Yeah it's pretty funny for a Nickalodeon show

Destai
10-21-2005, 04:16 PM
It maskes me feel stupider just watching it. Not my favourite =/

ThroneofDravaris
10-21-2005, 04:27 PM
You're all terrible people for watching this show...

Sasquatch
10-21-2005, 04:32 PM
For a 20-year-old, it's one of the few cartoons I'll watch. Not like the rest of the newer crap, but different from the old classics. Patrick is awesome.

Trumpet Thief
10-21-2005, 04:32 PM
chaos: One of us! One of us! One of us!

Samuraid
10-21-2005, 04:48 PM
I cannot stand it.

Rye
10-21-2005, 07:53 PM
Brilliant cartoon. It's definitely my favourite, tied with Invader Zim. It's adorable and funny. My favourite episodes are the ones where they all turn into Snails, the one where Spongebob loses his name tag (Spongeboob?!) and when Spongebob tries to fly and his pants become huge and he flies with them. :heart:

Trumpet Thief
10-21-2005, 07:57 PM
Rubedo: My favorite episode was when Spongebob went out to take the trash, and he learned some "colourful words" from dumpster writing. After he shared them with Patrick, hilarity ensued. :D

chaos: "Why that's one of those sentence enhancers!" Priceless.

Rye
10-21-2005, 08:00 PM
Rubedo: My favorite episode was when Spongebob went out to take the trash, and he learned some "colourful words" from dumpster writing. After he shared them with Patrick, hilarity ensued. :D

chaos: "Why that's one of those sentence enhancers!" Priceless.

Oh my god, I love that one. xD

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v192/Rye89/Squidward.gif

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
10-21-2005, 08:03 PM
I love it alot just look at my sig.
Oh ya and i just luv the bubble bowl episode.
That episode is my favorite of all!!

Trumpet Thief
10-21-2005, 08:10 PM
chaos: xD at the picture.

Rubedo: I especially liked the ending. What? It's just Old Man Jenkings!

chaos: Also, the episode where Squidward wanted to own the Kursty Krab for one day to impress Squilliam. "I thought the corp would help me straighten out my life, sir!"

Rubedo: I love Patrick. :love:

Albedo: *laughs maniacally*

Rini
10-21-2005, 08:27 PM
Three words: I HATE IT.

All the characters look like they're braindead - in a bad way. The humour doesn't appeal to me, either. "Bleh desu".

jrgen
10-21-2005, 09:22 PM
Humour? I thought it was just one of those shows where they show characters participating in events with no apparent connections, to stimulate children below the age of five with an excessive use of screamy colours.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
10-21-2005, 09:27 PM
pretty decent cartoon, makes me laugh :D

Venom
10-21-2005, 09:30 PM
My favorite episode of sponge bob was when he was busted for swearing, before that episode came on i always wondered what it would be like if spongebob was foul mouthed.

Shauna
10-21-2005, 09:55 PM
I love it. :heart:

Patrick comes off with a lot of stupid stuff indeed. In the episode with the hooks, he's talking about Mr. Krabs.
"Are you gonna listen to a big dummy, or are you gonna listen to me?"
That always gets me. xDD

xD It's scary that I can actually hear Spongebob saying 'Squidward smells... Gooood'

Shoden
10-21-2005, 10:02 PM
he maybe gay but he's cool and keeps the kids quiet.

Skarr
10-21-2005, 10:04 PM
Three words: I HATE IT.

All the characters look like they're braindead - in a bad way. The humour doesn't appeal to me, either. "Bleh desu".

Spoken like a true Angel fan. I find myself watching the show even though I have a feeling some characters are *cough* gay...I like Avatar too. But don't tell anyone ;) . Nick sucks, but too me those two shows are okay. Everything else is crap. :p

Mr. Graves
10-21-2005, 10:26 PM
I cannot stand it.

Yeah. I can't watch it without feeling my intellect dropping, and these days I just cannot afford that.

Rye
10-21-2005, 10:28 PM
The movie was godly. I find some of the humour in Spongebob to be pretty clever and smart. I loved when they used David Hasselhoff in the movie. :)

Rinoa_Heartillly
10-21-2005, 10:45 PM
It maskes me feel stupider just watching it.

Giga Guess
10-21-2005, 10:46 PM
Spongebob....once I got past that GOD AWFUL theme song....I actually liked it...

Shauna
10-21-2005, 11:02 PM
How can you say that Spongebob is gay? I mean look at him! *points to attachment*

Yea, the movie was class. ^_^

While I was looking for pictures on Google, and failed, I saw one of Patrick looking like a fool, and it made me laugh.
'Dumb people are blisfully unaware of how dumb they really are... *drool*' (The episode where Sponge acts stupid to make Patrick seem smart)
'Spongebob, you didn't have to get me anything' (The Valentine's Day episode, after much destruction and anger.)

They definetly got the stupid sidekick perfect. ^_^

Pouring Rain
10-22-2005, 12:00 AM
Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?

Of course I love that show!

Slade
10-22-2005, 04:46 AM
Mr Krabs and Squidward are the best characters. Sadly I feel this show is getting old and boring now. It was good and some episodes are still pretty good but the amount of repeats this show gets, its getting boring. Not saying I hate it, cause I dont, I like it quite alot, I'm just saying it needs a rest for a bit.

Skarr
10-22-2005, 04:52 AM
The episode that sticks out most in my mind of making me choke where I was lauging do hard. Had to be the one when Squidward did the Bubble Bowl with his "band". DAMN. I wanna laugh just thinking about it.

tootncartman
10-22-2005, 11:11 AM
I personally think Spongebob is one the best non-jap cartoonsever made.You say its humour is retarded? What about the episode with Nosferatu at the end? What kid would know about Nosferatu? Plus David Hasselhoff humour in the movie is always a plus.... What can be more funny then laughing at the mentally challenged such as Spongebob and Patrick. You may say they are gay but sometimes the show implies that i think.Well at least that their semi-gay.

themagicroundabout
10-22-2005, 11:27 AM
Oh yeah! i love spongebob :excited:
It's the best show ever! :excited:

Rye
10-22-2005, 03:13 PM
I personally think Spongebob is one the best non-jap cartoonsever made.You say its humour is retarded? What about the episode with Nosferatu at the end? What kid would know about Nosferatu? Plus David Hasselhoff humour in the movie is always a plus.... What can be more funny then laughing at the mentally challenged such as Spongebob and Patrick. You may say they are gay but sometimes the show implies that i think.Well at least that their semi-gay.

Summed it up perfectly. I think the humour, though stupid at times, because well, it IS a kids show, is also pretty clever at times so both kids and adults can enjoy it. :)

Shoden
10-22-2005, 03:23 PM
he maybe gay but he's cooler than Daffyd Tomas.

Neco Arc
10-23-2005, 12:20 AM
are you ready kids? Aye Aye Captain!
oh... who lives in a pineapple under the sea
Spongebob Squarepants!!!!

Rini
10-23-2005, 06:30 PM
Spoken like a true Angel fan. I find myself watching the show even though I have a feeling some characters are *cough* gay...I like Avatar too. But don't tell anyone ;) . Nick sucks, but too me those two shows are okay. Everything else is crap. :p
umm? I don't quite follow your train of thought right now... You mean my avatar is great and my nick sucks? I understand the first part, but if the other show you're referring to is Angel, than what other show do you mean? err... so confused x9 I just came up with this nickname from Rinoa in FFVIII, just pure luck if Rini is a name of a character in some show o.o

And sorry if I misunderstood everything you just said, 'cause I'm not a native english speaker anyway x)
and sorry to moderators for offtopic ^^;

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
10-23-2005, 06:37 PM
Um i think hes talking about the show Avatar that is on Nick im not sure but i think thats what he means

Skarr
10-23-2005, 07:05 PM
Yup...you got it. Sorry for the confusion. :P Avatar- The Last Airbender...eer whatever its called. T_T Nick as in nick station, not your username. :P

The Summoner of Leviathan
10-23-2005, 07:16 PM
I cannot stand it.

tootncartman
10-28-2005, 12:02 PM
Summed it up perfectly. I think the humour, though stupid at times, because well, it IS a kids show, is also pretty clever at times so both kids and adults can enjoy it.

Why thank you.

DynasticJam
10-28-2005, 09:51 PM
I love watching Spongebob Squarepants, it's so silly, it's got all the right characters, and a great storyline, and the man who does RINS voince from FFX does the narraters voice in Spongebob Squarepants!

But over all its just a silly cartoon that has great one liners and warped randomness! And that what I like!

Mookies
10-28-2005, 09:55 PM
He is taking drugs.:eek:

Venom
10-28-2005, 09:58 PM
I always thought squidward was gay. Or he might be chick.

Shlup
10-28-2005, 10:15 PM
I don't watch it often but I like it. The other day I saw some Spongebob pot holders and couldn't resist. And I got them for free 'cause they cashier couldn't find the price and didn't feel like doing a price check! :)

Craig
10-28-2005, 10:27 PM
It's pretty funny, and original but I don't watch it often. I prefer Fairly Odd Parents.

Traitorfish
10-29-2005, 12:25 AM
Fairly Odd Parents is nowhere near as good as Spongebob. Yeah, it has the ocassional inspired moment, but it's usually pretty drab in comparison.
I'm 16, why do I know this?

Rini
10-30-2005, 06:48 PM
Yup...you got it. Sorry for the confusion. :P Avatar- The Last Airbender...eer whatever its called. T_T Nick as in nick station, not your username. :P
Aaa you mean Nick-toons or something.

I'm sorry, I'm just being a total dummie x)

Breine
10-30-2005, 08:05 PM
I love it..! It's so unbelievably funny...:D

Sasquatch
10-30-2005, 11:51 PM
I always thought squidward was gay. Or he might be chick.

I don't think he's a chick, but he does look like he's got a penis as a nose.

kikimm
10-31-2005, 04:01 AM
Spongebob....once I got past that GOD AWFUL theme song....I actually liked it...

Yeah, same here. I'm in love with Patrick.

Also:

P
O
O
P

vampirepiggyhunter7
11-18-2005, 10:36 PM
Spongebob rocks. He is also not gay, but the ripped pants spongebob toy doesn't really help his case.

Trumpet Thief
03-20-2006, 03:26 AM
chaos: I really don't like some of the criticism of him. "Oh, he's gay lolz!". If that is meant as an insult, then whoever says that is indeed a coldhearted person.

Rubedo: Plus, I see things in the News about parents "worried" that their kids are watching somebody "gay" like Spongebob. He's a guy who can make you alugh, and has a feminine side. What's so wrong about that?

chaos: Sorry for the anger outburst, but we're big Spongebob fans. :D

Trowa: Anybody catch the Dunces and Dragons episode? It was pretty damn funny.

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
03-20-2006, 03:34 AM
chaos: I really don't like some of the criticism of him. "Oh, he's gay lolz!". If that is meant as an insult, then whoever says that is indeed a coldhearted person.

Rubedo: Plus, I see things in the News about parents "worried" that their kids are watching somebody "gay" like Spongebob. He's a guy who can make you alugh, and has a feminine side. What's so wrong about that?

chaos: Sorry for the anger outburst, but we're big Spongebob fans. :D

Trowa: Anybody catch the Dunces and Dragons episode? It was pretty damn funny.
qftt.

Trumpet Thief
03-20-2006, 03:35 AM
chaos: Um, what?

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
03-20-2006, 03:39 AM
Quoted for the Truth. lol :grinpink:

Trumpet Thief
03-20-2006, 03:40 AM
Rubedo: Sorry, haha.

chaos: Thanks for agreeing. :D

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
03-20-2006, 03:43 AM
Np (no problem, just in case...xD)

mega_tonberry
03-20-2006, 06:08 AM
OMG!!!! spongebob rokx my sawkes!!!!!!!!

Trumpet Thief
03-20-2006, 06:16 AM
chaos: That's the spirit. :D

Manveru Machinae
03-21-2006, 01:13 AM
How does anyone watch this show. First, the theme song is indeed god-awful. Second, almost all the character have extremely annoying voices. Most of its "humor" seems to come from the characters repeat the same actions and dialouge fifty times until it drives you insane. The greatest example of this is the "i'm ready" scene. Almost enough to make you hang yourself. Also, the part where they were in the past and said thou thee thee thou fifty times and used about a hundred arcaisms the wrong way was horrible. If the one scene with Nosferatu is the show's only saving grace then that should say a lot about its quality.

(CECIL120X
03-25-2006, 09:26 PM
one of the alot of cartoons that i change the channel too still awesome though

Luther X-Rated
03-25-2006, 10:14 PM

Yeah, same here. I'm in love with Patrick.

Also:

P
O
O
P

People order our patties! lol

Spongebob is on my cool stupid funny cartoon list!

Trumpet Thief
03-25-2006, 10:16 PM
Rubedo: The ending of the Krusty Krab Training Video episode both pissed me off and made me think of how ingenious these people are. xD

chaos: Ya know it's true. If Spongebob was ever cancelled... :(

Rikku_Yuffie_girl
03-26-2006, 06:34 PM
it is flippin sweet i love patrick hes so cool

PATRICK FANS UNITE

Trumpet Thief
03-26-2006, 06:35 PM
PATRICK FANS UNITE

chaos: Right 'ere. :)

Death Penalty
03-26-2006, 06:36 PM
Patrick is th only good charachter

~SapphireStar~
03-26-2006, 07:57 PM
Im not a fan, I really do dislike Spongebob and Patrick. Although I love Gary Spongebobs pet, Mr Crabs and Squidworth.

Reeno the Alchemist
03-26-2006, 08:09 PM
PATRICK IS AWESOME[/SIZE]

friedpork
03-26-2006, 09:00 PM
Spongebob owns

FallenAngel411
03-26-2006, 09:10 PM
They're making new episodes? I could have sworn it was over. I haven't seen this show in so long. :laugh:

While I thought the movie was a huge milfing waste of my time, I *ADORE* the show. Whether the characters are gay, transexual, or bulimic, it doesn't change the fact that it makes me laugh oh-so-joyously. I'm a big fan of Patrick as well, though Squidward tends to make me laugh the hardest with his deadpan hatred. Great show. :3

~SapphireStar~
03-28-2006, 01:02 PM
PATRICK IS AWESOME[/size]
And your point being? You may find him awesome, but his stupidity gets far too annoying. Kinda like some EoFF members.

Trumpet Thief
03-28-2006, 03:25 PM
Rubedo: I, myself don't get tired of it. :)

Trowa: Even I think Patrick's the bomb. *sits and stares and sits and stares*

Shooting Star
03-28-2006, 04:20 PM
i :heart: spongebob sooo much! I like the episode that spongebob and patrick get a box and play crazy games in it!
http://www.fujlog.net/img/tv/spongebob.jpg

Avathar
03-29-2006, 07:19 PM
Gary rules in the Spongebob cartoons (what can i say :3 i love kitties, even when they look like snails XD)