PDA

View Full Version : Most Amazing Concert Experience EVER

Chemical
10-21-2005, 08:04 PM
In my life I've been to many concerts... of those concerts I would say there are 4 that are the most memorable but only one that is displays 100% Awesome Power.

1) GWAR
2) Alice Cooper
3) AC/DC
4) Pink Floyd the Experience

GWAR is the top show of all though. It was amazing. The music, the energy, the gore, the audience participation, the stage appearnce, the theatrics...

The show started with an "artistic representation" of the new Pope entering, stage left. He wore a red pope garb whipping a slave with a war banner that had the cross merged with the nazi symbol. Meanwhile GWAR is playing a real mean guitar and beating a good rhythm.
Then Odius chops of his head and there's blood everywhere.

The next guest is Bush. He's rolled out on this table and he gives a speech: "I have fought the war on drugs. I have fought the war on terrorism. I will now fight the war on weather." And then GWAR is all like YARRRRRRRRR and starts ripping out his intestines and yeah.. blood everywhere and sprayed all over the crowd.

The next guest is Sharon Osbourne with an Ozzy Puppet. "You'll never make it in this industy, you're hopeless, utter failures." And the slaves take her shirt off and play with her boobs then cut them off and more blood sprayed all over the audience.

The last guest is Michael Jackson who comes out with this little child sleepy plush. And Gwar is all like "HEY Michael why don't you show they audience your expensive sexual appendage." and he pulls out his massive ...rod... which is about as long as a leg and starts having a "sword" fight with one of the slaves and hitting the people in the front row across the face. And Gwar tries to cut if off but can't.. so they rip off his face isntead and you guessed it! blood, all over the audience!

The blood is really water with blue/red die.

By the end of the concert it felt like I was gettin a bucket of water thrown at me every 2 minutes. I left pretty much died red and blue and soaking from head to toe... it was crazy in the mosh pit especially... it was difficult to move anywhere and rather crazy violent with lots of pushing and shoving and body surfing.

Great show though. Amazing. Stupendous. Specatacular.

Your favourite concert experience?

Brian The Pink Shark
10-21-2005, 08:26 PM
best Concerts ive been to

1. Judas Priest (march 2005)
2. Wishbone Ash (last night :D) caught a plectrum
3. Iron Maiden (august 2005)
4. Wishbone Ash (october 2004)
5. Whole lotta led (led zepplin tribute band) (February 2005)

as you can see most of my favorite concerts have taken place this year, thats because i hardly went to any before this time :choc:

Pure Strife
10-21-2005, 10:45 PM
CKY were my first concert, and I adored the band at the time. Outstanding gig, though the reviews weren't gleaming. Meh, I had fun. Megadeth were great too, largely because they were Megadeth.

kikimm
10-22-2005, 12:49 AM
I've only been to two concerts. The Backstreet Boys, when I was 10, and Chevelle just last month. Oh and Sugar Ray awhile ago but blah.

Chevelle was the superior. Front row, right up against the railing. It was awesome. I remember one guy passing out. Woo!

DMKA
10-22-2005, 02:52 AM
Everclear's Art Alexakis here at my University. Total awesomeness. :D

Necronopticous
10-22-2005, 03:22 AM
Decemberists + Sons & Daughters in Pomona last month.

mpjunior36
10-22-2005, 03:38 AM
All 8 times that I have seen Dream Theater:cool:

The Coheed & Cambria w/opening act Dredg that I saw the other month ranks up there, too.

-N-
10-22-2005, 04:54 AM
Wow - I am definitely not at all into the kind of concert you described, Ash, but the way you described it, they certainly do what they do very well.

AC/DC sounds like a blast. I hope I get to see them.

1. Radiohead at the Hollywood Bowl.
2. Black Star at Coachella Valley.
3. Franz Ferdinand at the Greek Theatre.
4. Dave Matthews Band at the Carson Center.
Decemberists + Sons & Daughters in Pomona last month.

nik0tine
10-22-2005, 05:02 AM
Flogging Molly, and Bela Fleck and the Flecktones. Fucking amazing.

Calliope
10-22-2005, 06:52 AM
Interpol/Idlewild/Foo Fighters.

TheAbominatrix
10-22-2005, 07:25 AM
The Adicts were probably my best concert when it came to the showmanship of the band.

The lights dimmed in the very crowded venue, and a strobe came on. The band members marched through the crowd to Beethoven's Ode to Joy, and then the lead singer was carried up on a throne. Over the course of the show the band threw all sorts of stuff at us, including flour, water, sprinkles, sugar, and frosting to make a "punk rock cake". They played for an hour and a half and they were just amazing. The girls got to go up and kiss one of the boys in the band. It was great.

The Aquabats put on a great show, though I've yet to attend one of theirs.

fantasyjunkie
10-22-2005, 07:28 AM
I saw Whitesnake open up for Motley Crue back in 1987. Whitesnake was the opening band, had no light show whatsoever, did nothing but announce each song they were gonna play and they BLEW the Crue out of the water. Classic.

Epiphany
10-22-2005, 02:34 PM
1. GWAR
2. Iron Maiden
3. Kalmah
4. My Dying Bride.

GWAR is absolutely phenomenal live. They fully bring you into the show.
I've literally been to 200+ concerts..but GWAR will always be the top of my list.

Venom
10-22-2005, 07:14 PM
Most amazing concert expirences? i have only been to two.

1.W.A.S.P.
2.KISS

eestlinc
10-22-2005, 07:46 PM
Sleater-Kinney or Wilco

Yamaneko
10-22-2005, 07:51 PM
Kraftwerk at The Greek Theatre last June was godly. I've also enjoyed Depeche Mode at Forum a few years back.

krissy
10-22-2005, 10:25 PM
futureheads as guests to hot hot heat

Dreddz
10-22-2005, 11:01 PM
I aint really been to Concerts. I go to partys and a few raves.
But Ive been to a Prodigy and Oasis concerts. Believe it or not, I enjoyed them, even if that type of music I dont listen too very much......

Optium
10-23-2005, 01:39 AM
1. Medeski, Martin and Wood at the Newport Jazz Festival (July)
2. The Allman Brothers Band at the Tweeter Center (August I think)
3. George Winston at the Berklee Performance Center (last October)
3.5. George Winston at the Odeum (a week later)
4. Bare Feet at the Century Lounge (last summer)
5. Orange Jam Conspiracy at Giza (also last summer)

.opt

KoShiatar
10-23-2005, 10:09 PM
1) R.E.M. . I went just because it was a happening ant they left me totally amazed and exalted. Michael Stipe is totally sexy live, no matter what you might think when you see him in a photograph.

2). C.S.I. . An Italian group, another gig I saw pretty much by chance - I had won a ticked on a radio competition. No, they have nothing to do with Crime Scene Investigation, and a lot with ex-russian states federation. No, it's not as bad as you might think from what I've just said!

3) the Smashing Pumpkins in Genova, may 1998. The atmosphere was really something, one of my dearest memories forever.

4) Nine Inch Nails. Trent Reznor is psycho. Period.

DK
10-24-2005, 12:50 AM
The best I went to was the Mad Capsule Markets last december. I went with Joaquin/James Latimer Cockney Rebel from EoFF. We were both already totally obsessed with these guys, but the anticipation of waiting for them in the gig was terrible. When they finally came out, Jesus, we went nuts. The first few songs or so were suave, but it was off the new album that neither of us knew very well, then the intro to W.O.R.L.D started and both of us went completely apesh<i></i>it. After that every song was one we totally loved and we were dancing and shouting and everything, we were fully into it. The band sounded totally perfect, and it was a great venue.

About halfway through the set the singer decided to talk to the crowd, but being Japanese and not knowing English very well made that a bit of a problem, and he tried to read from a piece of paper and messed up, just went "WE RUV YOU RUNDON...ARE YOU FUNNING HAVE?" Everyone in the crowd cracked up and the singer had the most cheekiest grin on his face, he was loving it. But yeah, the whole set was perfect, and near the end I was looking at the bass player (my favourite member of the band, the man is a god.) He looked up at me so I threw my fist in the air and kinda just yelled "YEEEAAAH!" at him, and he raised his fist also, and I wasn't sure if he was looking at me or not so I threw the horn at him as well, and he threw it back and I knew then he was acknowledging it and I had a little sh<i></i>itfit like "omgztakeshipointedatmelololoolooll"

Altogether it was just an awesome gig, and something i'll never forget. I've been to many gigs but that has been the best one so far.

theundeadhero
10-24-2005, 10:39 AM
My top four concerts in no certain order.

NIN
Alice Cooper
Tool
Flogging Molly

Pheesh
10-24-2005, 01:16 PM
A Perfect Circle was amazing. Maynard truly has the best live voice i've ever heard....EVER. I hope to see tool when they come down here and i am going to see the doobie brothers in january which should be good.

The biggest regret i have was not being able to see RATM while they were still together.

Stay essential
EE

Craig
10-24-2005, 01:20 PM
The Green Day concert I went to a few months ago. Because it's the only concert I've ever been to.

Chemical
10-26-2005, 10:02 PM
I went to a free concert for Matt Good.

That was okay... but the venue was bad, it was like a school auditorium. So not really a venue at all.

There's a couple of concerts coming up I'd like to go to...

Dave Matthews Band 12/04/05
Coheed & Cambria 11/09/05
Depeche Mode 12/01/05
Dandy Warhols 12/03/05
Misfits 11/10/05
Bad Religion 11/15/05
Dropkick Murphy's 11/18/05
Black Keys 11/19/05

too many concerts, not nearly enough money :(

Boooo

Venom
10-26-2005, 10:07 PM