PDA

View Full Version : are they dead?

Lynx
10-22-2005, 04:37 AM
did reno and rude die?

the last time i remeber seeing them was holding the bomb. and it said like 2 seconds left or something. and reno even said they werent gonna get any overtime for this. then a bunch of explosions. also i dont remeber seeing them for the rest of the game.

so did they live?

Christmas
10-22-2005, 04:40 AM
No, this is shown during the ending of the movie.

http://ffwebnovel.t35.com/faq/Image16.jpg

Lynx
10-22-2005, 06:12 AM
then howd they live through that bomb they were holding and how come in that picture rufus is back in his wheel chair he can odviuos stand proably walk and hes not bad at falling out of biuldings but that doesnt really matter.

TheAbominatrix
10-22-2005, 06:16 AM
It doesnt say how, but they survived, and I'm sure Rufus was weakened after all the stuff he did. He had Geostigma after all. Like Cloud, he can get up and move, but it's draining and he isnt as strong as an average person.

KoShiatar
10-22-2005, 09:31 PM
I wonder if they thought they were going to die, because of what they said...

krissy
10-23-2005, 12:54 AM
no
you guys are reading too deeply into the 'no overtime today' thing
just cuz someone aint gonna do work dont mean they're gonna die
which is what a lot of reno philosophy was about anyway, "work? screw that."

when rufus fell into the net he totally couldn't control his legs anymore, they were so wobbly, thus what abominatrix said

Dominus-Ifrit
10-23-2005, 10:20 PM
There's the comic element to those two as well.. so it actually doesn't matter how they survive, but they do and that's just a given.

BackRoomKid
10-23-2005, 10:56 PM
plus, notice they were more like fireworks anyway

if Loz and Yazoo can survive that "bomb" (after they shot Cloud, didn't u notice)

then Reno and Rude can do it too

well, the pic evidence is there, my support is just very general

Vyk
10-24-2005, 01:37 AM
It never even occured to me that they might be sacrificing themselves. Though that might be nice and dramatic, I'm kinda glad it didn't happen.

Dominus-Ifrit
10-24-2005, 02:15 AM
Maybe they just have a really high hp number! :D

Bahumat
10-24-2005, 07:29 AM
I think it was more comic relief again.:p

About to blow up everything in the vicinity, but they complain about how much they get paid.:D Gotta love those two!

Namelessfengir
11-16-2005, 12:58 PM
nah, they didn't stick around. cload blows past and then when loz and yazoo come out the bombs are in a pile on the ground. they had a helicopter so it makes sense that they would still be alive at the end.

Carl the Llama
11-17-2005, 11:56 AM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c372/Joutei365/Turks.jpg

Ishin Ookami
11-17-2005, 04:21 PM
Seems to me it was implied that they simply set the timer, dropped the bombs, and hopped into the chopper which looked like it was already running.

ljkkjlcm9
11-17-2005, 07:59 PM
Seems to me it was implied that they simply set the timer, dropped the bombs, and hopped into the chopper which looked like it was already running.
ok, it definitely didn't look like the chopper was already running, because the blades were not moving when it showed it. However it does look like the bombs are sitting on the bridge and then it cuts to Reno's face not showing exactly where he is. The point was to make you think they died, when in fact they didn't

THE JACKEL

The_Silver_SOLDIER
11-17-2005, 08:18 PM
it wasn't a bomb it was fireworks to distract Loz and Yazoo, and they stayed there as you see Reno's face with the exact same background 1 sec before the FIREWORKS not bomb explodes, to prove this is fireworks not only does it explode like fireworks but Rude says "don't know about powerful but sure is FLASHY"

ljkkjlcm9
11-17-2005, 08:22 PM
it wasn't a bomb it was fireworks to distract Loz and Yazoo, and they stayed there as you see thier feet like 1 sec before the FIREWORKS not bomb ezplodes
Rude says it's destruction is great by far. I'm sorry, that tells me it's a bomb, and you don't see their feet sorry, I just looked at the scene like 5 times, definitely don't see their feet, there is nothing that shows that they are there, and nothing that shows that they aren't but the fact that they survived unharmed, probably means they were far enough away from the explosion.

THE JACKEL

Necronopticous
11-17-2005, 08:23 PM
I was also under the impression that they were simply fireworks. In the fan translation they said something that made me think this the first time I watched it but I can't remember what it was now, I'm sure it will be more definate in the English dub and official sub. It never struck me that they were sacrificing themselves.

The_Silver_SOLDIER
11-17-2005, 08:26 PM
read my above post again as i have edited it, oh and also they are stood in front of the Shinra building and when you see Reno's face the Shinra building is in the exact same place

Necronopticous
11-17-2005, 08:30 PM
Yeah, that was it.

Bahumat
11-19-2005, 03:10 AM
Rude says it's destruction is great by far. I'm sorry, that tells me it's a bomb, and you don't see their feet sorry, I just looked at the scene like 5 times, definitely don't see their feet, there is nothing that shows that they are there, and nothing that shows that they aren't but the fact that they survived unharmed, probably means they were far enough away from the explosion.

THE JACKAL
Actually, he a says, "I don't know about powerful.......But it sure is flashy". therefore, it looks like a bomb, essentially IS a bomb, but is actually really powerful fireworks.

MysticD
11-19-2005, 10:51 AM
My head is spinning.

So was it a mix between fireworks and a bomb?

"TELL ME!!!!!!"
*Chokes to death on a fishball while screaming*

Christmas
11-19-2005, 11:57 AM
A firework is classified as low explosive pyrotechnic device used primarily for aesthetic and entertainment purposes. The most common use of a firework is as part of a fireworks display.

Fireworks (devices) take many forms to produce the four primary effects: noise, light, smoke, and floating materials (confetti for example). They may be designed to burn with colored flames and sparks.

Anyway, if anyone notice the part when the whole thing explode there were sparks and colored smoke all over the place.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a155/Unknowns2/ff7_advent_children_1350.jpg

Fireworks and other explosives were originally divided into three classes.

Class A products were usually high explosives such as dynamite

It do look kinda like a dynamite....

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a155/Unknowns2/ff7_advent_children_1347.jpg

it wasn't a bomb it was fireworks to distract Loz and Yazoo, and they stayed there as you see Reno's face with the exact same background 1 sec before the FIREWORKS not bomb explodes, to prove this is fireworks not only does it explode like fireworks but Rude says "don't know about powerful but sure is FLASHY"

Whether to distract or to kill them is interesting question but seeing the impact of the explosion as such, it should be meant to blast them to death.

And also, since Reno asked "is it powerful?" as the first question which lead us to think it is powerful enough to kill them instead of distracting them with those flashy stuff.

Project G
11-21-2005, 05:19 PM
No, this is shown during the ending of the movie.

http://ffwebnovel.t35.com/faq/Image16.jpg

Wait a tick! Is that Tseng?

ljkkjlcm9
11-21-2005, 05:32 PM
Wait a tick! Is that Tseng?
yes that's Tseng and Elena

as for the whole fireworks thing, looking at it after the explosion and stuff shows it's fireworks, but in the subtitle version I have, they don't see it's flashy not powerful. See that's a problem in and of itself. I'm not sure if any of the subtitles is exactly what was really said. Guess we'll have to wait til it comes out to get all the officialy translated lines.

THE JACKEL

Project G
11-21-2005, 05:34 PM
But I thought Tseng died in the temple of the ancients in FFVII

ljkkjlcm9
11-21-2005, 06:26 PM
But I thought Tseng died in the temple of the ancients in FFVII
what? no, he remotely controlled the robot, hence why another robot came along right after

THE JACKEL

MysticD
11-22-2005, 01:47 AM
[QUOTE]what? no, he remotely controlled the robot, hence why another robot came along right after[QUOTE]

What robot...?

ljkkjlcm9
11-22-2005, 03:37 AM
What robot...?
...caitsith.... well the moogle part

THE JACKEL

Masamune·1600
11-22-2005, 07:13 AM
Reeve Tuesti, not Tseng, controlled Cait Sith.

Having said that, most people assumed that Tseng had died because of Elena's comments at Icicle Inn early on Disc 2.

Elena: Cloud... huff... wheeze. I won't let you go any further!

Cloud: What's down there?

Elena: It's a SE-CR-ET. It really doesn't matter! But you really got guts doin'
my boss in like that!

Cloud: You mean Boss...... Tseng? That wasn't us. Sephiroth did it.

Elena: No! Don't think you can fool me, liar!

Cloud: I'm not lying... it was Sephiroth.

Elena: Don't try to act innocent. I'll never forget it!!

Based on the fact that Elena suggested that Cloud and company had "[done Tseng] in," it was easy to assume that Tseng had died. However, given Elena's obvious attachment to Tseng, it seems strange that the extent of her desire for revenge was attmepting to punch Cloud. This is because, in fact, Tseng had not died. "[D]oin' my boss in" was actually a mistranslation, and was corrected in the PC version of FFVII. There, the lines were altered to reflect that Tseng had survived.

Moreover, Tseng's final lines at the Temple of the Ancients, before the party descends, were...

Tseng: I'm... still alive....

As such, while the specifics of Tseng's rescue or escape are not known, it is certain that his appearance in Advent Children makes sense.

Cathyrine Tyrn
11-22-2005, 07:27 PM
Anyone else thing Elena is really purty in that screenshot?

MysticD
11-23-2005, 09:28 AM
Didn't really see too much of her face.:D
I was too busy ordering my peetza'.

*Crashing sound*

Alright,now WHO broke the plates i was supposed to wash?Thanks!

cloud20747
12-11-2005, 02:05 AM
If you also notice before Cloud jumps his bike down to Kadaj, The explosion sends a shockwave that makes Cloud's bike swevre (sp?) a little out of control meaning it was powerful but also flashy but then again who cares Reno and Rude are alive leave it be.

UWAOOOOU
12-11-2005, 05:45 PM
The Turks are like those cartoon characters who cannot die. They just take beating after beating with a few jokes in between.