10-22-2005, 04:59 PM
Ya, mostly action and some funny.

GunbladeMaster
10-22-2005, 05:02 PM
pfft whats the point
i just download them

Burtsplurt
10-22-2005, 05:04 PM
I have the Crouching Tiger soundtrack and, er, that's it. I keep meaning to get the Magnolia one, but always seem to get distracted.

Parasaurolophus
10-22-2005, 05:13 PM
I colect things like Terminator,Aliens,Predator,jurasic park,Indiana jones, that kinda stuff. For funny, stuff like Dumb and Dumber or Zoolander you know?

Chris
10-22-2005, 07:14 PM
I love movie soundtracks, some soundtracks are amazing such as: Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Jurassic Park, Star Wars and Bram Stoker's Dracula.

Slade
10-23-2005, 09:26 AM
I dont buy them but i got the Team America soundtrack off a friend. Wouldnt mind the Lord of the Rings soundtrack though, that music was great.

Captain Maxx Power
10-23-2005, 11:41 AM
Never, usually because the mix of artists to be found usually don't accomodate my tastes across the board. Something like the Lord of the Rings or Conan the Barbarian or other high fantasy epic I might one day. That or the soundtrack to Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure.

Rini
10-23-2005, 06:25 PM
Unfortunately, no. I'm a penniless student, so I'm saving my money for the albums I REALLY want to buy. And anyways, you can listen to the soundtrack when watching the movie, right. Any good soundtrack or one track specially, I download from the net mostly.

Haha, although a few months ago I bought Star Wars EP II soundtrack, even though it really sucks, but just because it was so cheap, only 2 euros x)

Destai
10-23-2005, 06:30 PM
Only if its one I particularly like. I'd buy the soundtrack to bridget Jones diary or Love Actually. Or chicago if I saw it and I had money to spend.

Chris
10-23-2005, 06:31 PM
Oh yeah, "Lady Sings the Blues" soundtrack with Diana Ross and "Cabaret" with Liza Minnelli are essentials.

Sare
10-23-2005, 07:30 PM
I should be getting the soundtrack of "rocky horror picture show". I love it.
I don't usually buy soundtracks, but if I do they are certainly from musicals, or ones close to a musical.

Skarr
10-23-2005, 07:47 PM
No. I've never bought one before. However, I have love for the Desperado soundtrack. Maybe I should buy that one. :D

eestlinc
10-23-2005, 07:58 PM
I own a couple, A Clockwork Orange and Brazil. Those are some good soundtracks.

GooeyToast
10-24-2005, 04:36 AM
Downloading saves time and money

Miriel
10-24-2005, 05:10 AM
Downloading saves time and money

Yeah and it also rips off the people who worked hard on those soundtracks.

I have the Collector's edition soundtracks for both the Lord of the Rings trilogy and for Moulin Rouge. I adore both soundtracks, I listen to them all the time. I also have the soundtracks for Almost Famous, Center Stage, Kill Bill, Elizabethtown, Pulp Fiction and a few others I can't think of at the moment. And I have a few Disney soundtracks too. Yeah that's right, Disney.

GooeyToast
10-24-2005, 05:38 AM
Rips them off? I think the people behind LOTR aren't really caring much about people downloading their music when they're raking in millions of dollars on merchandise.

I can understand buying cd's from artists and whatnot, but downloading movie soundtracks is not a big deal IMO.

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
10-24-2005, 10:18 PM
Nope never have

Dreddz
10-24-2005, 10:21 PM
Limewire....*yawn*

GooeyToast
10-24-2005, 10:23 PM
DC++ is great for soundtracks

kikimm
10-25-2005, 12:14 AM
I only buy them when I really, really enjoyed the music; it's not a habit, and I won't just buy them on a whim like I sometimes do with regular cds. Although the LotR soundtrack is great, and so is the Lords of Dogtown one. Queen of the Damned has got an amazing soundtrack as well.

TheAbominatrix
10-25-2005, 12:17 AM
I download them from time to time, but really I have more Final Fantasy soundtracks than movie soundtracks.

The only actual soundtrack albums I've ever bought were Batman Forever (when I was... what, 12?) and I have the Star Wars Episode III soundtrack because it came with the game my friend bought for me.

Winter Nights
10-25-2005, 12:27 AM
Rips them off? I think the people behind LOTR aren't really caring much about people downloading their music when they're raking in millions of dollars on merchandise.

I can understand buying cd's from artists and whatnot, but downloading movie soundtracks is not a big deal IMO.
Somehow, I doubt film composers make much money off of merchandise.

Miriel
10-25-2005, 12:28 AM

That argument never made sense to me. Oh, they're so rich that it doesn't matter if I steal their work. :rolleyes2

And Autumn Rain is right, it's not like Howard Shore is reaping the benefits of the Legolas action figures or anything like that. I have far too much respect for Shore to ever illegally download the music that he slaved over for over 3 years create.

Winter Nights
10-25-2005, 12:39 AM
And Autumn Rain is right, it's not like Howard Shore is reaping the benefits of the Legolas action figures or anything like that. I have far too much respect for Shore to ever illegally download the music that he slaved over for over 3 years create.
Amen.

DMKA
10-25-2005, 12:39 AM
"Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within" and "Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children" both have awesome soundtracks. I plan on buying them eventually.

Oh yeah, I do remember that I bought the Dangerous Minds soundtrack for "Gangstas Paradise" by Coolio, which I loved at the time.

Destai
10-25-2005, 12:43 AM
That argument never made sense to me. Oh, they're so rich that it doesn't matter if I steal their work. :rolleyes2
Its more like, Theyre really rich so I dont care or feel guilty. If I had lots of money I'd buy them because I really enjoy shiny official packaging much much more than mp3's but I'm poor so =/

Loony BoB
10-25-2005, 12:48 AM
I have (or in some cases, had) the soundtracks to:
Peter's Friends (great soundtrack, that, and I've never seen the movie :D)
The Lion King

Also, a couple of Veggie Tales CD's which feature songs from their videos. :D

I've downloaded a few, too... Lion King (since I lost the tape and also since I no longer even have a cassette player anyway), Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, Hero, House of Flying Daggers, The English Patient, Cold Mountain, City of Angels... uhm... yeah, I think that's all of the ones I've got more than just a couple from. As you may tell from that download list, I'm more likely to download background music (a la Gabriel Yared) while I'm more likely to buy soundtracks with songs with lyrics/vocals.

Samuraid
10-25-2005, 01:03 AM
Some of them...if they are especially good.

DMKA
10-25-2005, 01:25 AM
Its more like, Theyre really rich so I dont care or feel guilty. If I had lots of money I'd buy them because I really enjoy shiny official packaging much much more than mp3's but I'm poor so =/
Yeah, I remember when I was eight, I wanted to play the piano, but my mom couldn't afford one. I would always look in the window of the extremely rich family owned piano shop a block away from our house. So one day when they went out to lunch and forgot to lock the door, I just went in and took one, because I knew it wouldn't hurt such a wealthy family from a wealthy lineage.

Oh wait, no I didn't.

Sepho
10-25-2005, 01:34 AM
I just thought the <i>Tarzan</i> soundtrack was worth mentioning. If I ever bought one, it'd be that, I think.

Destai
10-25-2005, 01:41 AM
Yeah, I remember when I was eight, I wanted to play the piano, but my mom couldn't afford one. I would always look in the window of the extremely rich family owned piano shop a block away from our house. So one day when they went out to lunch and forgot to lock the door, I just went in and took one, because I knew it wouldn't hurt such a wealthy family from a wealthy lineage.

Oh wait, no I didn't.
Which is great and all but I still dont care.

GooeyToast
10-25-2005, 01:46 AM
So what you're saying is, everybody should go out and spend $20 on every single soundtrack they happen to like, even if it's just a couple songs. Of course, that money probably doesn't even go directly to the composers in the first place! So I'm sure everybody here can afford that!

This is no different from buying pirated video game soundtracks, which I'm sure quite a few people on here have done. The people who worked so hard on these soundtracks are not recieving any money at all, but who here is going to go out of their way to pay $20 more for something that's basically the same?

Winter Nights
10-25-2005, 02:31 AM
I'm just saying, it's not you're stealing bread cause you are hungry. You don't need these things. Being poor really isn't an excuse if you can live perfectly fine without those songs.