PDA

View Full Version : Have u seen any celebrities?

GunbladeMaster
10-22-2005, 06:11 PM
when i lived in LA i saw so many stars including Bruce Willis, Tom Hanks, Britney Spears, and more

so have any of u seen any celebs?

Rye
10-22-2005, 06:22 PM
Nope, aside from some basketball players, but the lead singer from Zolof the Rock & Roll Destroyer emailed me~ :heart:

Chris
10-22-2005, 06:30 PM
Aqua. :eep:
Liza Minnelli. :love:

GunbladeMaster
10-22-2005, 06:35 PM
ill name some more i saw

Goldie Hawn
Dustin Hoffman
Meg Ryan

Zeldy
10-22-2005, 07:57 PM
Johhny Vegas & Ricky Tomlinson

Johnny Vegas comes from St Helens so meh

Strider
10-22-2005, 08:05 PM
Bill Clinton came to town back when I was in the seventh grade. I did the whole Wayne's World "we're not worthy" bowing routine, and I got him to point and laugh at me.

Also, Peter Magowan, the guy who owns the San Francisco Giants, asked me if I had change for five bucks. I didn't. :(

I've also seen the entire 49ers team on several occassions and gotten many autographs from them. I love training camp.

Giga Guess
10-22-2005, 09:01 PM
Uhmmmm....

Aaron Pritchett
Beverly Mahood
Jason McCoy
Gil Grand
Sean Hogan
Aaron Lines
Jake Matthews
Patricia Conroy
Corb Lund
Derec Ruttan(sp?)
Amanda Wilkinson
Doc Walker
Clayton Bellamy

I know someone who got me into a couple of VIP events at the Canadian Country Music Awards.

DMKA
10-22-2005, 09:29 PM
Aaron Pritchett
Beverly Mahood
Jason McCoy
Gil Grand
Sean Hogan
Aaron Lines
Jake Matthews
Patricia Conroy
Corb Lund
Derec Ruttan(sp?)
Amanda Wilkinson
Doc Walker
Clayton Bellamy
I've never heard of any of those people. x)

I've met and talked to, and shook hands with, and recieved signatures from two celebrities: Art Alexakis (Singer and guitarist of Everclear) and Ben Savage (Cory Matthews on Boy Meets World). Interestingly enough, one was before I moved from LA and one was just after I returned to LA. :D

Old Manus
10-22-2005, 09:40 PM
I slept with the Queen. She still has the moves for someone so old

yuna the mage
10-23-2005, 03:03 AM
I've seen Brad Pitt.
As he is filiming the assianation of jesse james here:)

TurkSlayer
10-23-2005, 03:07 AM
You know the movie October Sky, the movie about Homer Hickam? I know Homer Hickam himself. Other than that.... no.

EDIT:Also met Terry Pratchett, the author of the Discworld series.

Rye
10-23-2005, 03:20 AM

Pah, you think she's good, wait until you get with Maggie Thatcher!

TurkSlayer
10-23-2005, 03:22 AM

Please Old Manus, we've all slept with her.:rolleyes2

kikimm
10-23-2005, 03:58 AM
I saw Ryan Cabrera at an airport in May. I should have taken him out right then and there, but I didn't, and now look what he's gone off and done (that horrible MTV show, yes?)!

Miriel
10-23-2005, 04:07 AM
I live in LA, I go to USC, and I'm a film student. Yeah I've seen celebrities.

Last year, my suitemate was dating Brandon Flowers from The Killers and we all went to In-N-Out together. He's an idiot.

Yamaneko
10-23-2005, 04:12 AM
I live in LA and I've never met a celebrity and I don't care to meet one.

Rengori
10-23-2005, 05:09 AM
<s>I live in LA and</s> I've never met a celebrity and I don't care to meet one.

Kirobaito
10-23-2005, 05:39 AM
I live in LA, I go to USC, and I'm a film student. Yeah I've seen celebrities.

Last year, my suitemate was dating Brandon Flowers from The Killers and we all went to In-N-Out together. He's an idiot.
You will never meet a bigger celebrity than Matt Leinart, though. :love:

I think I saw Steven Spielberg on a subway one time in New York. It mighta just been a hobo though.

I've also met most of the Texas Rangers and Dallas Mavericks.

Raven Nox
10-23-2005, 05:43 AM
I saw of the the Beach Boys in a hotel on Hawaii. I don't remember if we talked to him though. xD

Meat Puppet
10-23-2005, 06:16 AM
i beat up russel crowe from time to time

TheAbominatrix
10-23-2005, 06:17 AM
I live near LA, so yes I see celebrities from time to time.

The only time I cared was the time I met Hunter S. Thompson (the guy in my sig) at his book signing. I also met Benicio del Toro there (yay), Sean Penn, and a couple of really skanky Playboy Playmates.

Offhand, lemme see... um... Gillian Anderson, Mark Hammil, Elvis Costello, Anne Coulter... that's all I can remember. And of course a ton of people from punk bands, but that isnt really celebrity.

edit: Oh, and when I was a little girl I choked ona peice of steak in front of David Hasslehoff. And when I was younger I knew Tyler Hoechlin (the kid from Road to Perdition), as my mom worked for his dad.

MoeSzyslak
10-23-2005, 06:35 AM
Phil Jackson. I fixed his bike and sold him some socks. He paid with a fifty.

Roseann Barr.

Roger Clinton, Bill Clinton's half brother. He paid with an American Express card. It was declined.

Callahan
10-23-2005, 06:49 AM
I too lived in LA for a short stint.

I had lunch with Cindy Crawford, I was working for the Photogrpaher Art Streiber at the time.
Keenan (Thompson) thats his last name I think, the Keenan and Kell dude, anyway...sat next to me and my friends at a resurant.

Jason Swarcthman(the rush more kid) sat in next to us at a Jazz concert at the Hollywood Bowl.

James Woods(Videodrome, highschool in family guy is named after him) sat next to us at the premeire of Batman Begins, or War of the Worlds I forget which it was.

I met the band Thrice back stage and helped them set up their t-shirts.

And lets set the record straight, Carl's Jr. is the only nurger place that is worth a damn.

Thomas Kinkade,(american artist) though I dont really care for him much. I worked in one of his galleries.

My one teacher is the guy who made the buddy christ from Dogma. Not really a celeb, but a totally kick ass individual.

I think thats all for now, If I remember any others I'll post them.

Big D
10-23-2005, 09:32 AM
Well... I've seen both of the last two Prime Ministers of my country - Helen Clark and Jenny Shipley - when they visited my high school and university, respectively. I once chatted with Prof David Bellamy (famous botanist and environmentalist) during a visit to the wildlife sanctuary on Mokoia Island, back in 1996. The trip almost didn't go ahead - his flight was delayed by a volcanic eruption, of all things - but he got through in the end, so I was able to meet a scientist I'd respected since childhood. Lastly, Jonah Lomu (former rugby player) came to my high school a couple of times, before he dropped out of the game due to illness.

Aside from those four... there've probably been a few, but I don't recall right now.

But earlier this year, I saw people who looked just like Willie Nelson and Viggo Mortensen. Only they weren't the real thing - Willie was an English tourist, and Viggo was a central European-accented guy on the bus.

GunbladeMaster
10-23-2005, 10:18 AM
ive eaten in Steven Speilbergs moms restaurant in Beverly Hills
and he came by
it was awesome

Shlup
10-23-2005, 10:20 AM
I see lots of people.

Old Manus
10-23-2005, 10:40 AM
Pah, you think she's good, wait until you get with Maggie Thatcher!
Maggie Thatcher always tries to take control so I prefer the queen

Primus Inter Pares
10-23-2005, 10:49 AM
Heath Ledger, lived like 5 minutes from my house in Applecross :p

Calliope
10-24-2005, 07:13 AM
Gimli tickled me today. It was weird.

Mitch
10-24-2005, 08:07 AM
I talked Warhammer with the Black Sabbath bass player when I was about 10. Didn't know who the hell Black Sabbath were at the time though.

Rusty
10-24-2005, 09:31 AM
I met the Premier of Western Australia if that counts. Otherwise no.

Giga Guess
10-24-2005, 12:57 PM
I've seen Brad Pitt.
As he is filiming the assianation of jesse james here:)

You're in Calgary too? Or Edmonton?

Shoden
10-24-2005, 01:30 PM
The entire England Football team, a few authors and artists and that's it that I can remember.

Craig
10-24-2005, 02:09 PM
I saw Tommy Walsh (the builder guy from Ground Force) outside of a DIY shop once. I got his autograph. David Prowse (Darth Vader) lived near me too, but I don't know if I ever met him.

Oh, and Green Day, Jimmy Eat World and Taking Back Sunday in concert, if that counts.

Arielle
10-24-2005, 02:11 PM
I've met Tony Blair. Go me!

I've also met Chris Evans, Gaby Roslin and Terry Wogan (back when I did work experience on the Channel 5, Terry & Gaby show) though those names will probably mean nothing to anyone outside of Britain.

Sare
10-24-2005, 08:18 PM
I've seen the rasmus once, or actually the lead singer, Lauri Yl&#246;nen, for I once had to ask him an autograph for my sister on her birthday.

I think that's about it then.

Yaslene
10-26-2005, 01:28 PM
Yes i have seen 4 celbrities in total:

Mariah Carey (2 times) - I met her once in 2001 at a airport in LA. Best day of my life! Then i bought VIP tickets to her Charmbracelet tour and met her afterwards for about 15 minutes which was great!

Denise Richards - I met her about 6 months in London, she was in Debenhams and it took me a while to notice it was her, as i kept asking myself as why she would be in Debenhams,but it was her and i got her autograph.

Paris Hilton - I also met her not that long ago in London when she was launching her new perfume. It was funny!

Milla Jovovich - About 3 years ago she was on a Tv show over here called Graham Norton, and as shes one of my favourite actresses i waited outside for her and had a good old chat with her!

Breine
10-30-2005, 11:21 AM
The only one I can remember right now is Michael Jackson, and a big bunch of Danish celebrities you guys don't know anyway...

DynasticJam
10-30-2005, 11:53 AM
when i lived in LA i saw so many stars including Bruce Willis, Tom Hanks, Britney Spears, and more

so have any of u seen any celebs?

I have met U2, on stage in 2001 during sound checks and I played on the drummers kit, got his drum sticks, got invided to stay that night for the gig, stood infront of the barrier infront of the stage and I HAD TICKETS TO SEE THEM AT THE EXACT SAME PLACE THE NEXT NIGHT!
I ve also had drum lessons from the famous drumer Pete Zeldman!

Holy_Aeris
10-30-2005, 11:55 AM
Umm i saw the whole cast of Spiderman 2 cause i decided to go to the premire, and was luck enough to be at the front

Little Miss Awesome
10-30-2005, 01:16 PM
A few footballers and when I was little I was up on stage with someone famous, I don't know who :p

Azure
10-30-2005, 01:17 PM
I've met Elijah Wood, Sean Astin, Billy Boyd, Dominic Monaghan, Andy Serkis, the Matrix twins.... ..I think thats it.

As for bands in concert, that'd be U2, Green Day, Jimmy Eat World, Taking Back Sunday, All American Rejects, Hidden in Plain View and Early November

Captain Maxx Power
10-30-2005, 01:34 PM
I saw Jarvis Cocker in Green Park once. It was quite obviously him, all done up in tweed and his trademark glasses on. He was playing with his child. I was indifferent.

I've seen more people in performance than actually on the street. People such as Al Murray, James Fleet, Richard Wilson. I could have almost seen the King Himself, the Almighty, the Master of Shouty Theatre, Brian Blessed, but he didn't show up. It was the biggest dissapointment of my life, and that includes The Matrix Revolutions.

GunbladeMaster
10-30-2005, 01:53 PM
ive as well seen:
the guy from the movie Beetlejuice
Meg Ryan
Goldie hawn
Dustin Hoffman
and i think thats it
and still no autographs :(

Calliope
11-01-2005, 08:53 PM
I saw Jarvis Cocker in Green Park once. It was quite obviously him, all done up in tweed and his trademark glasses on. He was playing with his child. I was indifferent.

This makes me cry. Almost. I am doing my best not to.

In other news, I met John Cleese about half an hour ago.

Sepho
11-01-2005, 09:01 PM
I live in Terry O' Quinn's childhood home, and have met him a few times - he used to regularly come in and talk to classes at school and stuff. Nice guy.