PDA

View Full Version : Ya know...

The Second Advent
10-23-2005, 01:39 AM
I never beat this game......i remember a couple years back when my disk 4 got stuck and my memory card got deleted. Does anyone mind telling me the ending and Dagger's/Garnet's real name plz?

Hinky the Pickle
10-23-2005, 02:34 AM
You can find the script for the whole game here: http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/final_fantasy_ix_script_d1.txt

If you want the ending in a nutshell though, here you go:

- Zidane and the party see a big pink ball over the Iifa Tree. It is the entrance to Memoria, the final dungeon. Long story short, Trance Kuja is waiting for them at the end.

- After a battle, Trance Kuja casts Ultima on the party. Now, there are some different theories as to what happens here. Most people think that because Kuja destroyed the crystal of memories along with them all life ceased to exist.

- Necrons enters stage right. He's the big evil badguy that comes from nowhere and threatens to destroy all life and return everything to the Zero World. Zidane and the party get angry and inflict several stabbity wounds on him. Realising that the will to live is incredibly strong Necron leaves but promises to come back a la oldskool Final Fantasy villian. Zidane and the party are teleported out of the Iifa Tree.

- The party are about to leave on Cid's airship but then Zidane decides to go back because he realises Kuja was the one who transported them out of there and out of the kindness of his heart goes back to save him.

- A corny looking sequence shows Zidane running from the branches of the Iifa Tree and entering the roots where Kuja is. Zidane and Kuja both end up trapped inside. Both are assumed dead.

- A little while later we see the kingdom of Alexandria is flourishing. An unknown voice talks about the long journey they had. Some people don't realise it but it is the voice of Vivi, who is now dead. Yes, like most Black Mages he eventually had to stop. He has come to accept his fate but he *somehow* gave birth to a huge group of children before he died. It is never explained how since he's a puppet nor do they establish who the mother is. o_O

- The Tantalus return to put on a play. Garnet watches from a balcony. One of the characters in the play is robed throughout the whole thing. The speech bubble says Marcus but as is revealed near the end of the play it is in fact Zidane underneath the robe. He unveils himself and calls out for Dagger.

- Princess Garnet gets excited and begins to run out of the castle. Steiner and Beatrix make like they are going to stop her but actually open the doors of the castle for her. She runs towards Zidane, gives him a big ol' hug then punches him for being such as asshole. No explanation is ever given as to how Zidane returns.

As for Garnet's real name it's Sara. There. Now leave me alone.

The Second Advent
10-23-2005, 02:38 AM
Thanks,I guess.........

Jiro
10-23-2005, 08:04 AM
i think its actually sarah with a h. but dont know

GunbladeMaster
10-23-2005, 09:44 AM
why sarah
why couldnt they have made it Rinoa..or Tifa....
that would have been cooler

zellv2
10-23-2005, 11:10 AM
play the game you will get more effect for the ending plus its worth a play again i completed disk 3 in 7 hours or somethin ^_^

loza
10-23-2005, 11:23 AM
when i found out the real name of Dagger i changed her name with the guy in the water place (i forgot how 2 spell it!!!)

ThroneofDravaris
10-23-2005, 11:26 AM
- A corny looking sequence shows Zidane running from the branches of the Iifa Tree and entering the roots where Kuja is.

I’d like to see you do better.

The Second Advent
10-23-2005, 04:12 PM
I'd rather not play the game again, I would have to start all over from disk 1, and frankly, part 9 never really caught my eye. I always liked 8 better.

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
10-23-2005, 04:42 PM
when i found out the real name of Dagger i changed her name with the guy in the water place (i forgot how 2 spell it!!!)

Namingway?

I'd rather not play the game again, I would have to start all over from disk 1, and frankly, part 9 never really caught my eye. I always liked 8 better.

I totally agree there..

ANYWAY!!
I never really liked 9 as much as the others but the ending is good.

Hinky the Pickle
10-24-2005, 02:24 AM
Thanks,I guess.........
And thank you for sounding so sincere. I only spent about a half hour finding the link for you and typing out the ending purely from memory. :rolleyes2 Next time you ask someone for help try to be a little more appreciative when they fulfill your request.

I’d like to see you do better.
Oh yes, because if I can't do it I shouldn't have the right to criticize something, right? Everyone knows that every person whose ever criticized a movie or a piece of music can do much better than the person they're criticizing. I like Final Fantasy IX, it's my absolute favourite Final Fantasy but I'm still able to identify some of it's flaws and frankly, that was one of them. But I apologize for stating my opinion. Won't happen again, sir.

Leprechaun_boy3
10-24-2005, 03:36 AM
I myself liked FF9 more than any other game evermade, the first time I played through, now I get bored because the best part of 9 was it's story....

Skyblade
10-24-2005, 04:24 AM
Oh yes, because if I can't do it I shouldn't have the right to criticize something, right? Everyone knows that every person whose ever criticized a movie or a piece of music can do much better than the person they're criticizing. I like Final Fantasy IX, it's my absolute favourite Final Fantasy but I'm still able to identify some of it's flaws and frankly, that was one of them. But I apologize for stating my opinion. Won't happen again, sir.

Bonus points for excellent use of sarcasm.

ThroneofDravaris
10-24-2005, 09:29 AM

And I’m sorry that I thinking there must be a reason why your standards for CG are so ridiculously high that you can’t appreciate one of the greatest moments in the series. From now on, I’ll just assume you have no idea what you’re talking about.

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
10-24-2005, 10:47 AM
Ahhhhh.... Hinky's all pissed..... :mad:

ThroneofDravaris
10-24-2005, 11:27 AM
He was pissed when he wrote that? That explains a lot…

Primus Inter Pares
10-24-2005, 11:50 AM
Well, is there any other explaination... apart from that he secretly goes here (http://forums.eyesonff.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)

crazybayman
10-24-2005, 02:23 PM
Great narrative, Hinky.

I just finished this game Saturday morning, but I must have missed the part where they unveil Dagger's real name.......where was it exactly? Or does it actually reveal it during the ending CG?

And I didn't realize that Vivi was dead......a big mob of Vivi's kids came along, but it didn't dawn upon me that the fact that he wasn't there probably meant that he "stopped". I guess the black mage cheering when Dagger and Zidane hugged was one of Vivi's kids, and not Vivi.

Overall I thought it was a great ending. The game was good, though not my favorite, as I enjoyed FFVIII, FFX and FFVII more. Great game though, and the ending was superb.

And yeah, the running down the Iifa tree part was a wee bit cheesey. Unrealistically typical of any Final Fantasy though.

why sarah
I hope that was dripping with sarcasm.

Hinky the Pickle
10-24-2005, 02:47 PM
Well, is there any other explaination... apart from that he secretly goes here (http://forums.eyesonff.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
Oh god, I've been found out. :(

crazybayman: Garnet's real name is actually revealed in a side quest. I've never actually done it though, I just found this info from the good ol' internet.

GunbladeMaster
10-24-2005, 04:39 PM
I hope that was dripping with sarcasm.

ehehehehehe

of course
:lol:
:shifty:

RaidenWeb17
11-02-2005, 02:21 AM
why sarah

Cause FF9 was supposed to be a look back at the old ff's and in FF1 there was this chick named Sarah that you had to rescue from Garland (he was a bad guy in FF1) and Sarah's mother's name was Jane!! Just like Dagger's real mother!! Yay!!

GunbladeMaster
11-02-2005, 07:48 AM
i realized that a while ago

EPIC - MASTER OF COMBAT
11-05-2005, 06:18 AM
jane... hmm never realised that i have play ff1 and 2 before for gameboy advance