PDA

View Full Version : Tonberry Help

Leprechaun_boy3
10-23-2005, 02:22 AM
What is up with their Everyone's Grudge attack? It does 500 to Rinoa and 3000 to Squall! How do I alter this?

ShaunOfShadou
10-23-2005, 03:22 AM
Everyone's Grudge should do less damage depending on the character's Spirit (Spr) rating. Junction some powerful magic to it (Death works pretty well here) to raise it significantly.

Use Diablos twice per Tonberry battle, and finish off the Tonberry with regular attacks.

Masamune·1600
10-23-2005, 04:34 AM
No. Actually, the damage for Everyone's Grudge is independent of any defensive parameters. Similar to Everyone's Grudge in FFVII, the attack deals damage based on the number of enemies the targeted character has defeated. In FFVIII, the character takes 20 damage for every enemy killed; therefore, the technique will always deal 9999 damage to a character with 500 or more kills.

GunbladeMaster
10-23-2005, 09:31 AM
yeah masamune is right

x_Hopeless_Deviate_x
10-23-2005, 09:41 AM
Getting the Tonberry GF was a bitch but damn was it ever worth it...

GunbladeMaster
10-23-2005, 09:42 AM
yeah i NEVER used that thing
it really really really sucked
i only used it for its abilities
:mad:

ShaunOfShadou
10-23-2005, 01:06 PM
yeah i NEVER used that thing
it really really really sucked
i only used it for its abilities
:mad:
Same here, a lot of GFs I use solely for the benefits. Siren a big example.

When I fought Tonberrys, the characters with higher Spirit (Spr) ratings received less damage. I remember Squall having high Vit but low Spr, and taking about 4000 points of damage each time.

GunbladeMaster
10-23-2005, 01:09 PM
dude no
Everyones Grudge works with how many enemies that person solely has defeated

Ex if squall killed 61 monsters than everyones grudge would take 61

it doesnt work by spirit

EDIT: this is from a site that says (kinda) what Everyones Grudge does

This ability seems to call upon the departed spirits of every creature that the Tonberry's attacker has defeated in the past, and summon them forth for retribution

and directly from a walkthrough...
They can deal 2000+ damage to your
characters and their Everyone's Grudge attack is based on how
many enemies you've killed during the game.

Skyblade
10-23-2005, 04:47 PM

When I fought Tonberrys, the characters with higher Spirit (Spr) ratings received less damage. I remember Squall having high Vit but low Spr, and taking about 4000 points of damage each time.

Perhaps, but it was because Squall had killed more enemies than the others, not because his Spirit was so low.

Maybe Tonberry isn't the most powerful attack GF, but the "Doink!" makes it all worthwhile!

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
10-23-2005, 05:07 PM
Stock up on triples and Demis.
I always thought that Everyone Grudge did damage depending on how many monsters that character had killed. Correct me If i'm wrong..........

Maybe Tonberry isn't the most powerful attack GF, but the "Doink!" makes it all worthwhile!
YAYYYY!!!!!!!!!

ShaunOfShadou
10-24-2005, 02:44 PM
They can deal 2000+ damage to your
characters and their Everyone's Grudge attack is based on how
many enemies you've killed during the game.
Oh, ok. That does make more sense, I suppose. I just saw that Squall had low Spr and tried to put two and two together. :tongue:

crazybayman
10-24-2005, 02:55 PM
I usually only use GFs for junctioning their abilities. I rarely actually summon them.

Summoning is for pussies. :p I find it fun using brute force.

Doomtrain 770
10-24-2005, 02:57 PM
The only GF I use is Eden, and I rarely use it. GF's DO make good shields to absorb damage from Omega though.