PDA

View Full Version : Mega Man 2: Favorite Stage

Lord Chainsaw
10-23-2005, 06:18 AM
Here's an all around poll for the favorite stage in Mega Man 2. You can base your criteria on anything you want, whether it be music, level design, or the boss fight.

Just pick your overall favorite stage to play. I'm curious. I'm probably going to do this for the NES Mega Man games. I decided to skip Mega Man 1 because:

A) Few people have played it
B) Nobody cares about it

So Mega Man 2 is up. Feel free to comment on your favorite stage too.

Strider
10-23-2005, 06:30 AM
Quick Man. It's pretty tough to get past that middle section without the Flash Stopper. Or maybe that's just me.

black orb
10-23-2005, 08:12 AM
>>> Bubble man stage, I liked the music..

Rengori
10-23-2005, 09:05 AM
I'm pretty sure Skull Compound 2 is my favorite. I can get loads of powerups with the wood shield deeper in the stage.

Lionx
10-23-2005, 09:27 AM
My uncle always hums Wood Man song even now since he saw me play and sorta jokes with me about it haha so thats my favorite ^^

Levian
10-23-2005, 12:15 PM
Wood man music is great, and the level is kinda fun too and the enemies are grate. :cool: The only thing I could wish for is a cooler boss, like metal man.

omnitarian
10-23-2005, 04:14 PM
Wood Man, because his stage is un-annoying, and because it has robo-ostriches and robo-gorillas.

(They don't hold a candle to propeller penguins, though.)

Captain Maxx Power
10-23-2005, 05:55 PM
I've always liked the "get all the robot masters in one sitting" levels, they'll tear your eyes out with their difficulty. MM1 had the most original level ideas though.

Rengori
10-23-2005, 08:10 PM
Dr. Wily's stage is pretty damn annoying, unless you're playing Megaman and Bass with Bass. I only recently beat Megaman 7 (DAMN YOU SKULL CASTLE 3!!!). Hell, I can't even get past the first stage in "Protoman's" Castle.

This is why I like the X series better. It's only Sigma that's uber powerful. Oh, and Magma Dragoon.

Tama2
10-24-2005, 12:53 AM
Wood rocks!!!!!!!

wait.............

:shifty:

Lord Chainsaw
10-24-2005, 04:34 AM
Wow, Wood Man is cleaning house. I didn't expect this. I always thought Metal Man was the heavy favorite from Mega Man 2.

And I am pleasantly surprised to see no votes for Skull Compound 4, also known as the worst Mega Man stage on the NES. That one stage is probably the main reason I don't go back and replay Mega Man 2 as often as 3, 5, or 6.

Rengori
10-24-2005, 04:43 AM
What's Skull Compound 4 like? (DAMN YOU GUTS TANK!)

Samuraid
10-24-2005, 05:12 AM
What about MM4, MM1, MMX, or MMX3, or other games.

Tasura
10-24-2005, 05:40 AM
Id say Heatman, though the disapearing blocks can be annoying (curse you bloks). On a side note, i was playing and my romate asked me if i was playing Bomberman, at times i want to stranggle him.

edczxcvbnm
10-24-2005, 05:58 AM
Quickman's stage with Flash and Bubble as runners up.

Lionx
10-24-2005, 06:00 AM
Q(>.<' Woodman damnit D:

Lord Chainsaw
10-24-2005, 06:45 PM
Skull Compound 4 is the stage with the glass orbs as the boss. It's frustrating because if you misplace a single crash bomb, you lose the fight. Your only viable option is to beat the boss with two lives. One for destroying the walls, the next life for destroying the boss.

The annoyance is that you have to refill your crash bombs back to max, and the only way to do this is to complete the second half of the level over and farm those stupid walker robots. Not fun at all.

edczxcvbnm
10-25-2005, 12:08 AM
Or you could not use all the refill stuff at the start of the level and save it for when you do die. Then you don't have to worry about refilling crash powers.

Lord Chainsaw
10-25-2005, 06:58 PM
That would probably be a good idea.

Unfortunately, when you die on the boss, they start you halfway through the level at the part with the spikes and gondolas. No pellets to be found.

edczxcvbnm
10-25-2005, 07:03 PM
If you die during the level that happens but if you die against the boss on that particular level they start you back at the beginning. At least I am pretty sure that is how it works because that is what I did all the time...or using a continue works. Something BS like that happens XD

Lord Chainsaw
10-26-2005, 01:52 AM
Interesting. Were you playing the NES version, or the PS2/GCN version? Were you playing easy mode or normal mode?

I went through this game last Friday on normal mode on the NES. I missed a shot with the crash bombs, so I had to do the two live deal on this boss. When I died, I was placed at the top of the shaft with the trapdoors on the floor. All that could be done from the start point was to move left to the downward shaft with the spikes and gondolas, and ultimately the rightward corridor with the walkers and the shutters.

It's a short level, but also very annoying. Upside down "U" shaped.

Sephex
10-26-2005, 03:00 AM
I'll say I like Quick Man's level design the most (I love dodging the laser beams). I like Bubble Man's scenery the most. And...I always can't decide between the Quick Man, Bubble Man, or Metal Man theme in terms of which music I like the best.

Best game in the series, by the way.

edczxcvbnm
10-26-2005, 06:46 AM
Interesting. Were you playing the NES version, or the PS2/GCN version? Were you playing easy mode or normal mode?

I went through this game last Friday on normal mode on the NES. I missed a shot with the crash bombs, so I had to do the two live deal on this boss. When I died, I was placed at the top of the shaft with the trapdoors on the floor. All that could be done from the start point was to move left to the downward shaft with the spikes and gondolas, and ultimately the rightward corridor with the walkers and the shutters.

It's a short level, but also very annoying. Upside down "U" shaped.

I play it on the NES but usually opt for the easier mode. That might be a huge difference given the difficulty of the boss here.

edczxcvbnm
10-26-2005, 10:50 PM
WAIT A MOTHER FUCKING SECOND! I know why I probably never have trouble with refilling things(if what I thought above is in fact false...which wouldn't surprise me)...on the parts with the moving platform that goes through this big ass hole adventure I just use leaf shield. I be after a long enough waiting period I just refill stuff up all the way the lazy way.

It has been a few years since I played the game which is why I don't know what the hell I am talking about. I also change my vote to bubble mans stage. I just remembered I hate the first part of quick mans stage.