PDA

View Full Version : I just realized I suck at this game...

FinalBob42
10-23-2005, 05:00 PM
And people keep saying how easy this game is. I'm replaying the game as we speak, and even with some decent leveling, enemies seem to do a crapload of damage (especially early on and later in the game). Eventually, I just run out of MP points to heal. Also frustrating is the fact that there are some scenes where my party gets separated and I'm left with crappy characters, like what happened in the Desert Palace.

I only ever got as far as was near the end of the game and I just gave up. What's the trick to making this game easier fellas?

Ultima Shadow
10-23-2005, 05:04 PM
Get some good, new equipment every now and then, make use of the character's abilities and don't just press the attack button over and over again in boss-battles. As long as you do this, you should be fine. :p

SoftReset
10-23-2005, 05:22 PM
And people keep saying how easy this game is. I'm replaying the game as we speak, and even with some decent leveling, enemies seem to do a crapload of damage (especially early on and later in the game).

That's because of your equipment. The party doesn't have defensive stats like they do in FFVII and VIII, so as far as defense goes levelling is only good for gaining Hp.

Leprechaun_boy3
10-24-2005, 02:47 AM
Two tricks to beating the game, 1 is the chocobo sidequest, though its like 3-4 hours, its not that bad and is way worth it. The final is VIVI! Get the items I think black robe and another item for vivi...an accessory or something...Whatever, just look up FF9 reflectx2 ability and half mp ability. I tell yea, nothing in that game beats casting flare for just 20 and doing 8k of damage. also get pumice piece for garnet and she may have a half mp item too, not sure though.

FinalBob42
10-24-2005, 08:13 PM
Thanks, but all of those items are near the end-game. Is there anything good to hold me up until then?

Quindiana Jones
10-24-2005, 09:40 PM
not really. but like whoever said the chocobo side-quests are good, and once you get dragon hair and kill 100 dragons (grand dragons are best for lvling up) you can hit 9999 everytime for only 16mp. also (with chocobos) are zidanes ultima weapon and steiners ragnarok, with steiner using shock is another 9999 every time. also if you use amarant and get him good enough, with no mercy you can hit 9999 for hardly any mp too. also having vivi and all your party members with auto-reflect you do 4x damage which normally ends up as 9999. so thats all good for the later bosses etc. earlier on the best you can do is use all the items wisely and hope for the best.

and to be honest: you do suck if you're finding it hard ;) :D

kikimm
10-25-2005, 01:38 AM
And people keep saying how easy this game is. I'm replaying the game as we speak, and even with some decent leveling, enemies seem to do a crapload of damage (especially early on and later in the game). Eventually, I just run out of MP points to heal. Also frustrating is the fact that there are some scenes where my party gets separated and I'm left with crappy characters, like what happened in the Desert Palace.

I only ever got as far as was near the end of the game and I just gave up. What's the trick to making this game easier fellas?

You're in the same boat as me. xD Sort of. I just really, really couldn't stand the ability-learning-whatever system, which is why it was hard for me. Didn't like it at all, so I didn't want to learn. But yeah, do the chocobo sidequest. Just do it.

You don't suck. You're cool. Like me.

Xel
10-25-2005, 04:39 AM
1-get level-5 doom on a flying zombie whale. ( quina-eat)

2-two-use your new skill on grand dragons. again. and again. and again. and again and again and again.

3-you did that for about an hour. now you are level 75. things seems soooo easy now...