PDA

View Full Version : Dreadnaught help

I Don't Need A Name
10-23-2005, 07:20 PM
can anyone give me any pointers? i need to rescue the princess from the dreadnaught. everyone has full mythril armour, around 300 hp but i always run out of mp for healing (Maria-Cure 3- 46 MP and Gus- Cure 1- 36MP) how can i raise my MP levels quickly?

boys from the dwarf
10-23-2005, 07:28 PM
use up all of your MP in a battle then it should raise at the end of the battle.

I Don't Need A Name
10-23-2005, 07:53 PM
that takes WAY too long

Captain Maxx Power
10-23-2005, 08:06 PM
that takes WAY too long

You can always make the long and dangerous trip to Mystedia (spelling?) in the far south for the SWAP spell, which will greatly help in increasing both HP and MP.

Leprechaun_boy3
10-24-2005, 01:05 AM
Swap'll raise them both fast? DIdn't know that, I getting black mask now with 1k life on Firion and Guy like 600 on maria and 50 mp on all them...my friends at the same part with 3k life on all but Maria with 2k. He's having trouble where he's at...but then again, he took a couple days to beat the materia keeper in FF7 and can't strategize or do good in Final Fantasy games.....

DJZen
10-24-2005, 04:53 AM
uggggggggggh....... *bangs head into desk until the words are replaced by pretty, swirling colors*

Ooooooo, that's better...

I Don't Need A Name
10-24-2005, 11:49 AM
isnt there any way to raise MP really quickly? in two consecutive battles, maria had about half MP and in each one her mp was raised!

Sefie1999AD
10-24-2005, 06:01 PM
Casting spells until you run out of MP takes such a long time. Especially if all the enemies flee the battle before you've ran out of MP, or if you spend 5-10+ turns casting spells and then only your magic raises, not your MP. If you don't want to use the change trick, use the spell Sap. I think you can get it from Bafsk or the town where Josef lives (Salamand?). It drains the target's MP, and it's the way how I raised my MP very quickly. I think I had Frioniel and Maria with about 150-300 MP when I went to the Dreadnought. Frioniel was my white mage, Maria was my black mage.

Captain Maxx Power
10-24-2005, 06:26 PM
uggggggggggh....... *bangs head into desk until the words are replaced by pretty, swirling colors*

Ooooooo, that's better...

If you must know, I've been playing DoS and haven't gotten access to Swap yet, so my characters are doing things the old fashioned way. I'm not completely cheesy.

Paul
10-26-2005, 09:22 AM
i'm playing DOS version as well. i'm near to the end now, and my characters have enough (if not as much as i'd like) MP to get me by.

but i tried the swap trick as soon as i learned the spell, and i haven't seen it work once. not even on enemies. also enemies (brain things) have cast it on me about a million times and it's also never worked. it's about as time effective as simply casting spells until it goes up on its own.

Captain Maxx Power
10-26-2005, 05:46 PM
i'm playing DOS version as well. i'm near to the end now, and my characters have enough (if not as much as i'd like) MP to get me by.

but i tried the swap trick as soon as i learned the spell, and i haven't seen it work once. not even on enemies. also enemies (brain things) have cast it on me about a million times and it's also never worked. it's about as time effective as simply casting spells until it goes up on its own.

Try it on some lower level enemies such as the Goblins under Bafsk. Because they have a lower Magic Defense, you have more chance of scoring a "hit".

DJZen
10-26-2005, 08:17 PM
If you must know, I've been playing DoS and haven't gotten access to Swap yet, so my characters are doing things the old fashioned way. I'm not completely cheesy.

That's not why I was hitting my head :)

Elite Lord Sigma
10-26-2005, 11:32 PM
Thanks to the Swap trick, my SOR Minwu has 612 MP. :D

Captain Maxx Power
10-27-2005, 12:50 AM
That's not why I was hitting my head :)

O...care to enlighten us? Or am I getting you committed AGAIN :rolleyes2

DJZen
10-27-2005, 12:56 AM
Because my FFII answers are getting to be more "cut n paste", and I don't want to be known as the guy who says the same exact thing every time someone says anything about FFII. :)

rubah
10-27-2005, 02:36 AM
Use aspil to drain mp from your enemies.

I Don't Need A Name
10-27-2005, 10:31 PM
thanks guys! ill try that!
[edit] I did it thanks!

Fireblade13
11-22-2005, 09:09 PM
I don't do the dreadnaught util I can beat a captain. I then battle them until I have 3 of his armors 1 bow and both of his tomes.