PDA

View Full Version : I heard Final Fantasy music on a British TV Show

Beclem
10-24-2005, 04:27 AM
The programme was "A Brush With Fame" where aspiring artists compete in a competition by drawing portraits of famous faces.

The music they used was from Final Fantasy X-2, where you approach the Djosé Temple and meet Gippal for the first time.

I thought it was pretty weird, and didn't think Square Enix would sell the rights to any of their Final Fantasy music, especially to an obscure british daytime TV show, which then led me to believe that the programme used the music without Square Enix's permission. Hmmm.

Have you heard any Final Fantasy music on any unlikely television shows?

TheAbominatrix
10-24-2005, 04:29 AM
Not on tv, but for a while the local college radio station had three or so hours of video game music every Friday night. I discovered this years ago, when I was driving a car that had a built in cd player. The radio had to be on 88.7 for the cd sound to come through. Well one day the cds were removed by the station hadnt been changed, so I turned on my radio an heard One Winged Angel. I nearly peed myself. xD

Topaz Flare
10-28-2005, 05:08 PM
They say some ppl used Leberi Fatali in the olympics for some swimming thing..

Masamuneˇ1600
10-28-2005, 06:53 PM
They say some ppl used Leberi Fatali in the olympics for some swimming thing..

Specifically, Americans Alison Bartosik and Anna Kozlova won the Bronze in Women's Duet (synchronized swimming) at the 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens. Bartosik and Kozlova used two pieces of music from FFVIII; I believe the pieces in question are Liberi Fatali and FITHOS LUSEC WECOS VINOSEC.

Azure
10-30-2005, 01:42 AM
The programme was "A Brush With Fame" where aspiring artists compete in a competition by drawing portraits of famous faces.

The music they used was from Final Fantasy X-2, where you approach the Djosé Temple and meet Gippal for the first time.

Yes, someone else heard it too! I thought I was going crazy when I heard it.

Slothy
10-30-2005, 03:40 AM
Specifically, Americans Alison Bartosik and Anna Kozlova won the Bronze in Women's Duet (synchronized swimming) at the 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens. Bartosik and Kozlova used two pieces of music from FFVIII; I believe the pieces in question are Liberi Fatali and FITHOS LUSEC WECOS VINOSEC.

That's kind of cool. Despite being glued to those Olympics 24/7 though, synchronized swimming was about the only thing I didn't watch. Kind of a shame; I would have had a good old fashioned geek out at hearing that music at the Olympics.

gentlemandash
11-09-2005, 12:22 AM
Can someone plz get me a video link of them swiming?

I need it for a report...much thanks!

~A Gentleman named Dash

Markus. D
11-11-2005, 12:32 PM
most of the more orchestral ffx-2 songs have bits of orchestral clippets taken from famous/infamous composures.

vampirepiggyhunter7
11-26-2005, 10:28 PM
I think I heard Zelda's family song on that Nicktoon Catscratch earlier today. Waffle had risen the dead and Gordon was talking to him. Keep an ear out.

?????
11-27-2005, 01:22 AM
Many of the Final Fantasy games have excerpts from orchestral music, such as VII's excerpt from Josef Haydn's "The Creation"; credit is given where it is deserved.

One time I heard Final Fantasy music while I was driving down the road. Then I realized it was my car stereo. And I lol'd.

Roto13
12-03-2005, 07:28 PM

Yeah, I saw the Fitho Lusec Wecos Vinosec one. That was kind of cool.

Lost Number
12-04-2005, 08:05 PM
FITHOS LUSEC WECOS VINOSEC.
Where is that played in FFVIII?