PDA

View Full Version : [A] Giving up on eternity

Shimeng
10-24-2005, 10:19 AM
^^' Explanation: In the beginning of summer my grandpa got the diagnos of lungcancer. Now he is verry sick, and fighting for his life. He is so brave, and so stubborn - I'm sure that if someone can make it thought, it's him!
But last night it was really bad. I'm verry close to my grandparents, so I call them everyday to check up on how it's going. Just recently the doctors found a metastas (don't know if that's the correct english word for it ^^') in his brain, and his odds of surving dropped drastically.
At first we thought it wouldn't be much of a change - he just had to fight harder, but now the tumor has started to affect his personality - and last night he was just screaming al night long. My grandma cried when I spoke to her. I really shock me up.

After that I drew this pic. It might not look much, but to me the thought of a world without my grandpa is just unimagineble. It feels as tragic as if an elf, blessed with enerity, would commit suicid...

Welll... that's the long explaintion. I just wanned to share this with you. Thanks for your time.

GooeyToast
10-24-2005, 07:16 PM
That's awesome

Kamiko
10-24-2005, 07:54 PM
I really like it :D

BackRoomKid
10-25-2005, 06:57 AM
my dad had a stroke and then was in a car accident

i understand ur thoughts on losing a loved one like that, you're artistic intepretation in that thought seems so surreal

i like how she seems gazed, but at the same time, happy since you knew a great man (ur grandpa)

Tai-Ti
10-25-2005, 09:08 AM
awww
That's so beautiful!
Knocks any pic I do, computer or paper outta the car!
You're so good!

themagicroundabout
10-25-2005, 09:56 AM
:whoa: that is really good.
and i hope you grandpa gets better.

Shimeng
10-26-2005, 11:05 AM
Thank you.
Dunno what to say, really. Just thanks for taking the time to comment. It means alot.

Rusty
10-26-2005, 03:33 PM
Thats so beautiful! I love the colouring.

Doomie
10-26-2005, 11:33 PM
I am not so much impressed by the artwork itself (It is very good though), than by the use of your art as an emotional outlet. It's not just colours on paper, but how you feel. THAT is what impresses me the most.

Loony BoB
10-27-2005, 01:59 PM
Wow, I looked at the picture first and thought "That's beautiful, it reminds me of the sea, too, beautiful colouring." I guess you could say I got a good feeling from the thoughts of a beautiful green and blue sea lapping the sides of a hot beach on a sunny day.

Then I read your entry and felt a bit different. =x I guess I should pay more attention. I really hope your grandad pulls through, it's awful that anyone should have to go through anything like that. I wish your family all the best. *hugs*

Shimeng
10-27-2005, 02:25 PM
Thank you Loony BoB
I appriciate you warm comment.

Del Mordor - I usually just draw what I feel. Guess it commes naturaly to me.