PDA

View Full Version : Eyes off Final Fantasy

Beclem
10-24-2005, 07:22 PM
Do you think you'll ever stop playing Final Fantasy games, to the point where you'll sell all your games and stuff and not bother when a new FF game comes out?

Think, before you answer.

I know that right now, you're probably in the mindset of thinking "I love Final Fantasy, I'm never going to stop playing/buying the games." But lets say 20 years from now, you're married with kids, have a full-time job and have lots to do, what with friends and work around the house and other commitments that a having a family requires. Will you even have time for a game that requires many hours of your time to complete and get involved in the story?

Personally, I don't know, myself. I like to think I'll be playing them when I'm older.. they are the only games I play apart from the odd one or two other games every year or so. Whether I'll have time for them, I don't know.. and I guess it depends on how good the games are at that time, and if they're even still being made at all.

So what do you think? Will Final Fantasy games be around in years to come, and if so.. will you still be playing them?

KoShiatar
10-24-2005, 08:55 PM
It's possibly going to end in the future that I get sick and tired with Final Fantasy games, but at the moment I can't make a prevision about when. Probably when I find something that I love more and that sucks up all of my time. But I don't think I'll ever despise these games, saying "Oh, how stupid I was playing that!" or such.

Captain Maxx Power
10-24-2005, 08:56 PM
I don't see any reason to get rid of them. Infact, I intend to bring up my kids on them and use them as a rudimentary basis of morality within the household.

GunbladeMaster
10-24-2005, 09:39 PM
theyre gonna take a break for 10 years than resell a new FF tat will get gamers everywhere all excited

Vyk
10-24-2005, 10:56 PM
I'm done with Final Fantasy even now. At least... it's future. FFXII doesn't interest me at all, because the two people that have headed it so far have made nothing but games I don't enjoy. So I don't have much hope to enjoy it. And I really didn't like FFX. Haven't touched X-2 or XI. FF8 was the beginning of the end for me. IX was good, but was such a chore to me. I think if I buy anything new FF, it'll probably be related to something old FF. Like the GBA FF6 coming out. Just in case I need an awesome story on the road. And anything relating to FF7. Something about the world and atmosphere of that game. Its not fanboy-ism. I'm just enthralled by its spirit. So I'll probably collect the FF7 saga. Other than that I doubt I'll venture into new FF territories again. But I don't think I'm gonna sell any games. I may find new appreciation for IX and X in the future.

DJZen
10-25-2005, 06:05 AM
I might stop playing 'em, but I don't sell games quite as readily as I used to. I sold Plok and Soul Blazer when I was very young and regretted it almost immediately. If I did stop playing 'em I'd probably throw it all in one clearly labelled box and I'd break that box back out when the time was right. For the time being, however, hearing the announcement of a new one, even one as morally discomforting as Crisis Core, makes me squeal with glee like a schoolgirlboy.

Tasura
10-25-2005, 06:10 AM
I doubt I'll qit playing, I more then likely will buy any new ones, but only after they go down in price, and the only way I'd seel any game is if I were in dire need of cash, other then that, they're with me for life, unles I lose them, which I doubt.

Anaisa
10-25-2005, 09:03 PM
Ill never stop playing final fantasy ever. And as for selling them, just the thought of it scares me:eek:

Doomie
10-25-2005, 09:09 PM
Stop playing: Yes.
Sell: No.

rubah
10-26-2005, 12:24 AM
Of course i'll stop playing them eventually.

I'll be DEAD.

Shoeberto
10-26-2005, 12:42 AM
Of course. Duh.

I barely play them as it is. When FFXII comes out, I'll probably get it...eventually, and play it, then beat it, then never pick it up again. I really don't see how people can take the time to replay games that are as long as these over and over again, regardless of how good it is.

Winter Nights
10-26-2005, 12:56 AM
Erm.. I'm married, have a kid, and a full-time job. There is always time for gaming, so there's no reason why that would be a factor in playing FF or not.

Yuffie514
10-26-2005, 03:51 AM
...NO WAY. i'm not marrying any man who doesn't share my common interests. i'm still collecting them as i go and the then old FFs will be antiques...

Trumpet Thief
10-26-2005, 04:32 AM
Rubedo: Although I laugh at the thought of getting tired of Final Fantasy, perhaps it is inevitable. :(

chaos: We will try our best though. Who knows? Maybe I'll keep my childish spirit forever.

eestlinc
10-26-2005, 04:50 AM
I already stopped buying new games. 9 is the most recent game I've bought. I still play some of them from time to time, though.