PDA

View Full Version : PS3, X360, or perhaps Revolution?

JaytodaP
10-24-2005, 08:33 PM
The new consoles are coming out very soon and when that happens,the life of the old ones weve come to know and love are fading away. The PS2 is my baby for the whole winter usually. But now I got to save up $300 by at least till NOV 22 or MAR 11 for a new one. NOT LIKELY. I'm not sure which one I will get, if I get one at all. It would be nice to make a change from PS to XBox but I have no normal Xbox so I have nothing Backwards compatible with the 360. I was Playing it at Wal-Mart yesterday and HOLY CRAP. I can actually hold the controller this time! Its a lot easier to handle. I was playing Call of Duty 2 and I could not imagine using the origial controller for it. The Black and silver buttons near the bottom are now R and L And youve got R2 and L2 too. You can Push in that X symbol for tips I think. The only reason why I might not get an XBox360 is there is probably not enough foreign games for it and its too soon, my Dad wont hit the lottery before NOV 22 and he just got me a sucky DS that I has only one game. My mom is getting my bro a PS2 for him to take to college. Im to bored to finish this now so Ill finish it later.

Erdrick Holmes
10-24-2005, 10:26 PM
It's a deadlock between the Revolution (for having the possibility of Sega games) and the XBox 360 (for 2D fighting games). The Piece of /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif 3 PS3 only has one good game going for it so far, MGS4.

Fithos
10-26-2005, 01:54 AM
i will probably get a revolution. the controller is inovative, and when you dont like it, you can just put the shell over it and use it as a regular controller. but i really like puzzle games, which nintendo does more of. if you like shooters go for the xbox, halo is pretty good, (and i like kotor) as for the p. (o.) s. 3 i, always liked FF games, but aside from those, Which suck now, it has almost no good games.

as of know, im hoping the revolution controller will allow nintendo to make some really cool games. but if they blow it like nintendo can, i might buy a xbox. (note that i dont really like many games for xbox. but when they make a good game, its really good.)

Yew-Yevon
10-26-2005, 01:59 AM
The Piece of 3 PS3 only has one good game going for it so far, MGS4.

dude you obviusly didn't see that the next Killzone is coming on PS3...as well as Unreal turnament 2007

MecaKane
10-26-2005, 02:00 AM
It's a deadlock between the Revolution (for having the possibility of Sega games) and the XBox 360 (for 2D fighting games). The Piece of /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif 3 PS3 only has one good game going for it so far, MGS4.
Oooh lovely!
What 2D fighting games are lined up for the 360? I bet there's a lot!

Necronopticous
10-26-2005, 02:32 AM
I'm definately going to get the PS3 as soon as I can afford it. I've got a feeling it's going to launch at at least $499.99. That said, there's no way I'll be buying a 360 any time soon, but I do plan on considering it, for Mistwalker mainly. I also have a feeling the Revolution is going to launch at a ridiculously low cost to undersell the other two. I'm thinking $249.99 or possibly even $199.99, I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Truthfully I want all three of them, but I can't imagine having nearly enough money for that in my current financial situation.

Azure Chrysanthemum
10-26-2005, 02:49 AM
PS3 takes precedence, definitely. Nippon Ichi's been producing for PS2 exclusively, and I am betting that trend will continue. Nippon Ichi #1!

Slothy
10-26-2005, 03:08 AM
PS3. Why? With DMC4, RE5, Gran Turismo, Final Fantasy, MGS4, Sonic, and Warhawk; why the hell not? Revolution also has my interest only because I want to see what Nintendo's actually going to do with it. I have no plans to buy one until I see some games. My level of interest for the Xbox 360 is precisely zero right now. It's shaping up to be a lot like the Xbox for me; no exclusives I feel are worth buying the console for.

Jowy
10-26-2005, 03:15 AM
While Perfect Dark Zero and Elder Scrolls IV look quite promising, There's really nothing so far on the 360 that interests me. The PS3 has potential to be good, but it's still a pipe dream due to ridicuously high development costs. The Revolution has the advantage of being, simply, Nintendo awesomeness.

Erdrick Holmes
10-26-2005, 03:18 AM
Actually. Most Nippon Ichi games have 3D stuff in them, like battle screens and world maps. That's NI's loophole.

And I beleive it's been confirmed the US X360 will be 2D fighter exlusives since SNK has already signed on to port KoFXI to the 360.

EDIT: Also, the PS3 will use blu-rays, this will make new games VERY expensive.

To Yu-Yevon: Hi polygon counts don't impress me.

Sephiroths Clone
10-26-2005, 03:25 AM
While Perfect Dark Zero and Elder Scrolls IV look quite promising, There's really nothing so far on the 360 that interests me. The PS3 has potential to be good, but it's still a pipe dream due to ridicuously high development costs. The Revolution has the advantage of being, simply, Nintendo awesomeness.

how bout RE5, or all the mistwalker games, or Call of Duty 2, Gears of War, theres plenty of good games out there for 360.

The revolution hasnt announced or shown us a single game that they have. The only thing theyve shown us has been their "innovative" controler that probably will ruin your wrists. The only thing the Rev. has goin for it is that its gonna be cheap and that you can get all the old games on it i.e Chrono Trigger.

Sephex
10-26-2005, 03:26 AM
I'll probably end up owning all of them at one point. I don't know what I'll get first, though. It depends on what games are coming out. If MGS4 comes out before anything catches my interest on the 360 or Revolution, I'm getting a PS3 first.

ljkkjlcm9
10-26-2005, 03:34 AM
Nintendo doesn't have to annouce the games they'll be releasing, you know at least half of them, a zelda, a mario, a mario party or 5, a mario kart, super smash bros... a lot of the same types of games, plus you can download old games, plus it'll be the cheapest, plus I have a gamecube, so yeah

THE JACKEL

Yumil1988
10-26-2005, 03:55 AM
Nintendo doesn't have to annouce the games they'll be releasing, you know at least half of them, a zelda, a mario, a mario party or 5, a mario kart, super smash bros... a lot of the same types of games, plus you can download old games, plus it'll be the cheapest, plus I have a gamecube, so yeah

THE JACKAL

That right there is why I'm going for a Revolution right now (besides the fact that I am never going to have $500 to blow). Most of my favorite gaming series are all made by Nintendo and I know they are going to be made even if Nintendo doesn't announce them until a day before they are released. If I go with a Revolution I'm guaranteed to have games that I have fun playing. And fun is the entire purpose of video games.

MecaKane
10-26-2005, 04:00 AM
EDIT: Also, the PS3 will use blu-rays, this will make new games VERY expensive.

Sorces?
I know Blu-ray might make $20 movies a bit more expensive, but it's pretty stupid to pass the extra production costs of a $50 game onto the buyers.

Trumpet Thief
10-26-2005, 04:29 AM
Rubedo: I have high expectations for the Revolution. I'm sure Nintendo won't let me down. :)

Trowa: *sits and stares and sits and stares*

Jowy
10-26-2005, 06:03 AM
I was actually only talking about system launch. :)

Resident Evil 5 and Mistwalker though will be promising.

Craig
10-26-2005, 11:31 AM
PS3 and Revolution. I might end up with a 360 at a later date if it suprises me and actually turns out decent, though.

ljkkjlcm9
10-26-2005, 02:16 PM
AS I said earlier, Revolution has all the old games at launch, as well as I'm sure at least one of their games from a series, ie Mario or something, and we know the later titles.

PS3 has nothing attracting me at launch worth paying that high price.
360 has Perfect Dark Zero, about the only thing attracting me to it, but since my roomate here in college is getting a 360, I'll make sure he gets that game and I'll be all set!

THE JACKEL

Kalen
10-26-2005, 05:37 PM
I don't know. I'm going to sit back a long time till the price isn't insane, and the systems start getting some good games.

I mostly like good RPGs, so whichever system goes more that way is the one for me. I have no favorite company. Though I do like how nintendo actually tries new things.

Slothy
10-26-2005, 07:02 PM

THE JACKAL

We still don't know how any of their games are going to put the controller to use though. I'm not committing to anything with Nintendo until I see for myself how their games will use this thing. By not giving us info on the games, their biggest attention grabber so far is also the one thing keeping me from definitely saying yes to a revolution.

JaytodaP
10-27-2005, 02:14 AM
The revolution loses points for me because in the end, your blowing money on attachments you need for the remote. Th Xbox looks like a BIIIG improvement from its original because the games are getting better(im seeing games actually from other countries) and they dont have the hugantic bahemoth Microsoft called a controller. PS3 will come to be really good after awhile. But then again, I said that with my DS and I only have one game and I dont even like it. So on the scale of 1-10 Rev gets a 3(the games are reppetetive) X360 gets a 9 ( itll probably have a better variety of games than last time, but the better version costs 499.99) PS3 gets a 7. (It looks to be promising)

Nintendo has always screwed everyone over in the past like, more expensive cartrigdes while CDs were the thing, and itty bitty Cds that couldnt play DVDs or audio or online or USB and I can go on. Besides you can just emulate or your computer if you really want to. BTW is Xbox live free or monthly payments?

Carmilla
10-27-2005, 02:43 AM
PS3 for me, unless something drastic comes up.

Nintendos last two consoles, the N64 and Gamecube, have bombed.
It all comes down to games and i dont see the Revolution changing anything. Sure the Metroid and Zelda games will rock but what else is there besides Super Luigi Dance Revolution garbage?

The 360 has absolutely nothing worth my interest. It has the worst selection of games possible. Every good game could just about be had for the PC. PC has better graphics and better multiplayer aspects than a 360. The only thing the 360 has so far is its 'wow' factor since its the first to be released.

The PS3 might not have the bext graphics, much like the Ps2 now, but it has what counts: the games.
The Final Fantasys of course, probably a new Mana game, and hopefully new Chrono game. Dragon Quest 9. Devil May Cry 4. Castlevania. Silent Hill 5. Resident Evil 5.

Not to mention i will still be able to play Chrono Cross, FF7, and Vagrant Story from my original Playstation. :mog:

Carmilla
10-27-2005, 02:47 AM
Check out the lists for 'announced' games for each console... take this for a grain of salt...

360: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_360_games

PS3: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_3_games

Revolution: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_Revolution_games

ljkkjlcm9
10-27-2005, 03:48 AM
[QUOTE=Carmilla]
Nintendos last two consoles, the N64 and Gamecube, have bombed.
It all comes down to games and i dont see the Revolution changing anything. [QUOTE]

OK, well I definitely saw that by fans, the N64 was voted the best system ever, then SNES, then NES, then PS2, yes PS2 was 4th, and this was by the fans not some other stupid thing, this poll was on G4 so yeah.... Oh, and if I remember correctly, sales of the Xbox and the Gamecube were pretty much dead even in America, Gamecube winning out in Japan

As for costing extra for the attachments, everytime Nintendo has ever had an attachment in the past, it has always been included in the first game that needed it... Rumble pak with Starfox 64, Expansion pak with DK64, Transfer Pak with Pokemon Stadium.... they don't screw people over, in fact I'd say they screw people over the least by offering the cheapest system, so what if you have to pay a little extra for a new controller type thing, probably around 20 bucks, but the system itself will be at least 50$ cheaper, probably even 100$ or more....

THE JACKEL

JaytodaP
10-27-2005, 08:17 PM
I never got a rumble pak with Starfox 64. It was Brand new too. Right from Wal-Mart. I could get an N64 game for 60 dollars while PS and saturn games went for 30 or 40. As for N64 being the best system ever, IMO Dreamcast was. it had the coolest games along with PS. Plus, if game companies get wicked pissed off about emulating, why would nintendo incorpote it into their system. Split-screen games would probably be hard to play with a remote, and why should I pay for a gamecube shell when I already have a regular gamegube controller? Why dont they add backwards compatabilty. See what I mean. Nintendo screws you over so much. In the end, you do end up spending as much as a PS3 or 360. Plus, why do you want Mario KArt 5, Mario PArties 7-12, or Luigi Itallian Tap Dance PArty? Why dont they make Mafioso Mario? Older people buy nintendo too.

Black Mage
10-27-2005, 08:33 PM
I never got a rumble pak with Starfox 64. It was Brand new too. Right from Wal-Mart.

That so?

http://shooters.ngenres.com/screens/16/star_fox_64_box.jpg

JaytodaP
10-27-2005, 08:54 PM
The case even said that and when we went to return it they wouldn't take it back. Even though it was way back when, I always remember when I get jipped.

ljkkjlcm9
10-27-2005, 09:12 PM
I never got a rumble pak with Starfox 64. It was Brand new too. Right from Wal-Mart. I could get an N64 game for 60 dollars while PS and saturn games went for 30 or 40. As for N64 being the best system ever, IMO Dreamcast was. it had the coolest games along with PS. Plus, if game companies get wicked pissed off about emulating, why would nintendo incorpote it into their system. Split-screen games would probably be hard to play with a remote, and why should I pay for a gamecube shell when I already have a regular gamegube controller? Why dont they add backwards compatabilty. See what I mean. Nintendo screws you over so much. In the end, you do end up spending as much as a PS3 or 360. Plus, why do you want Mario KArt 5, Mario PArties 7-12, or Luigi Itallian Tap Dance PArty? Why dont they make Mafioso Mario? Older people buy nintendo too.

Uhm I doubt the shell will be like a GC controller because you can actually plug gamecube controllers into the revolution, so if you have a GC that's another controller you already have for it, so yeah. IT DOES HAVE BACKWARDS COMPATABILITY.

Pissed off about emulating the same way music companies are about downloading music, it's unregulated, I'm sure they don't mind people enjoying their games, but they'd like it regulated, plus it's all copyrighted so it is illegal unless Nintendo is giving it to you.

SO wait, it can play GC games, and it can download NES, SNES, and N64 (I hear), wait, isn't that the most backward compatable it could possibly be?

I guarantee I never spent as much on things for my GC as the PS2 would cost and the extra stuff for that system as well. Arguing Nintendo as a ripoff is the dumbest thing I've ever heard because they've always had the best values and offers and even the other companies know that because I remember hearing Sony say it's great for Nintendo because it's a big reason for their success

THE JACKEL

Erdrick Holmes
10-27-2005, 09:22 PM
Xbxo is getting KOFMI 2 while PS3 is getting KOFMI 3? The hell SNK? I thought Sony hated you.

MecaKane
10-27-2005, 09:31 PM
You were wrong, as usual.
Also I'm still looking for proof about the "high" cost of blu-ray disks affecting the price of PS3 games?

Sepho
10-27-2005, 09:42 PM
I don't doubt that I'll own all three eventually, because I don't like facing the possibility of having a game not come out for the system I own. With that said, I don't plan on any console purchases any time soon. I just don't have a need for new games that would justify the cost when I have so many games to choose from out of the libraries of all the hardware I already own.

Of course, I'm sure that plan will fall through when the first good XBox 360 title catches my attention. There's a reason I don't make New Years resolutions.

Destai
10-27-2005, 09:50 PM
Xbxo is getting KOFMI 2 while PS3 is getting KOFMI 3? The hell SNK? I thought Sony hated you.Its because theyre better :heart:

Dreddz
10-27-2005, 09:51 PM
PS3 is getting better games, and will throughout....

Erdrick Holmes
10-27-2005, 10:03 PM
Also I'm still looking for proof about the "high" cost of blu-ray disks affecting the price of PS3 games?

Actually I'm not THAT surprised. If you pay attention, KOFMI series is a 3D game.

Look for yourself, I'm not your little "find me this and this and this" slave.

MecaKane
10-27-2005, 10:20 PM
That's a good idea, I guess I can't really blame you for not posting something that'd make you look stupid.

At comparable volumes, Blu-ray Disc production costs are within 10% of DVD production costs, although a Blu-ray Disc offers 5 to 10 times the capacity. It is by far the cheapest format measured in cost per GB. Since Blu-ray Disc requires less slots in a replication line compared to other formats, it will bring costs on par with DVD, or even cheaper, much sooner.
http://www.blu-raydisc.com/general_information/Section-13577/Index.html#4
Now let's make the absolutly retarded assumption that $10 from the cost of a $50 DVD game is for the disk itself. Now let's add the 10% of that $10 to it to work out a possible cost of PS3 games: $51! :eek: :eek: :eek:
Sorry Timmy, I can't get you Final Fantasy XIII today, go pick out an Xbox360 game, I need to buy a chocolate bar!

Erdrick Holmes
10-27-2005, 10:26 PM
Ok, the games may be the same cost, probably a little higher. But what about the Blu-Ray disc reader the PS3 has? The console will probably eat at your wallet a good 500-600 dollars (rough estimate) and the games will most likely have insane loadtimes to sort through all of that data. I don't wanna age along with Snake playing MGS4.

Slothy
10-27-2005, 10:27 PM
Look for yourself, I'm not your little "find me this and this and this" slave.

Maybe not, but I've heard nothing about Blu-Ray being overly expensive, and I'm sure a lot of others haven't either. If you won't even at least say where you saw it, then why should anyone believe you.

And the stuff I've found so far indicates that Blu-Ray discs will cost companies about as much to make as DVD's once they make it past the initial low production volume any new technology would experience. Given the popularity of Sony's previous consoles, I doubt it would take long to get production of Blu-Ray games to a level where costs would be on par with DVD's. They may be more expensive initially, but it won't last.

Erdrick Holmes
10-27-2005, 10:31 PM
Yeah, that's a given. I'm sure in at least a year or two after a Blu Ray game is released the price of the same game will be about 20-30 dollars if it sells well enough and if the discs are easier to produce.

ZeZipster
10-27-2005, 10:47 PM

HD DVD has a single layer capacity of 15 GB and a dual-layer capacity of 30 GB. Toshiba has announced a triple-layer disc is in development, which would offer 45GB of storage. The surface layer of an HD DVD disc is 0.6 mm thick, the same as DVD but thicker than the Blu-ray Disc's 0.1 mm layer. The numerical aperture of the optical pick-up head is 0.65, compared with 0.6 for DVD.

These factors mean that HD DVD media is less expensive to manufacture than Blu-ray Disc, as HD DVD only requires modification of existing DVD disc production lines. This has been critical in making HD DVD the preferred choice of media companies. Existing DVD media is playable on HD DVD drives with only minor modification of the optical pickup...

And that's why HD-DVD will win the war. Case closed.

Slothy
10-27-2005, 10:48 PM
About your comment with regards to load times, I'm not sure what's considered fast in that regard (you can feel free to call me technologically challenged if you like), but I did find this http://www.ps3today.com/Blogs/News/hqs/blr_224.aspx . Just some speculation from the looks of it, but it's the only thing I've seen so much as hinting at the load speed of a PS3. Load times will likely come down to disc speed anyway, since the Cell processor is being touted as the fastest thing since the Flash, and the graphics card is supposed to be twice as powerful as a GeForce 6800 I've heard.

As for a price of $500-600, not likely. It may be more than say the PS2 was at launch, but Sony knows better than to launch at a price like that. I found this article ( http://ps3.ign.com/articles/615/615745p1.html )from way back in May on IGN saying $465 (roughly is a possibility) . This one from a matter of a week or two later though ( http://ps3.ign.com/articles/618/618540p1.html ) shows Sony may shoot for PS2 launch pricing. The PS3's launch is still going to be a fair way off though, so there's no way of knowing for certain, especially with clearly conflicting info floating around.

MecaKane
10-27-2005, 10:48 PM
But what about the Blu-Ray disc reader the PS3 has? The console will probably eat at your wallet a good 500-600 dollars (rough estimate) and the games will most likely have insane loadtimes to sort through all of that data. I don't wanna age along with Snake playing MGS4.
Not even the most disparaging things that I've read, (at least ones that are from people who actually know what they're talking about, not McDonald's employes on message boards) put the price at more than 500, which is what the thing costs to make. As for the loadtimes, I don't think you get this "new console" they make them faster, i.e. more able to read data than a PS2, not just give it a new shiney box.
And you're really grasping for straws with this crap.

HD DVD has a single layer capacity of 15 GB and a dual-layer capacity of 30 GB. Toshiba has announced a triple-layer disc is in development, which would offer 45GB of storage. The surface layer of an HD DVD disc is 0.6 mm thick, the same as DVD but thicker than the Blu-ray Disc's 0.1 mm layer. The numerical aperture of the optical pick-up head is 0.65, compared with 0.6 for DVD.

These factors mean that HD DVD media is less expensive to manufacture than Blu-ray Disc, as HD DVD only requires modification of existing DVD disc production lines. This has been critical in making HD DVD the preferred choice of media companies. Existing DVD media is playable on HD DVD drives with only minor modification of the optical pickup...

And that's why HD-DVD will win the war. Case closed.

Nope, Disney wants Blu-Ray, they could probably go against every other movie studio, not that they are, and win. Blu-ray players will be made to read DVDs just as easily as DVD players can read CDs, that's just silly.

Erdrick Holmes
10-27-2005, 10:56 PM
What is the PS3's expected launch date?

OOC: Kane is it just me or do you post here just for the sake of arguing with me? I haven't seen you mention anything else other than challenging what I'm saying?

Oh whatever, I don't care *slaps an ignore on you*

ZeZipster
10-27-2005, 10:57 PM
Nope, Disney wants Blu-Ray, they could probably go against every other movie studio, not that they are, and win. Blu-ray players will be made to read DVDs just as easily as DVD players can read CDs, that's just silly.

That's true.

But I'm going to wait for this all to play out before I make any rash decisions about what console I'm going to buy.

Slothy
10-27-2005, 11:01 PM

Let's not forget Sony owns a few movie studio's of their own (Sony Pictures, and I believe they recently bought MGM as well. There may be another on top of that but I'm not sure), and have an extensive library of films just waiting to be released on Blu-ray. If Sony wants to puch, between movies and games, they may be in the position to make Blu-ray succeed by themselves.

MecaKane
10-27-2005, 11:03 PM
Well yah, Blu-ray vs. HD-DVD isn't really going to be an issue untill enough people have HDTVs to watch the high definition video. >_>

Edit: I like the new edit thing btw, in keeping with Sony's support of Blu-Ray I can bet the PS3 will be a lot more suited to playing movies than PS2 is. :D

Jowy
10-28-2005, 03:43 AM
PS3 launch date is slated for Fall '06. That's what I tell everyone who comes into work, anyway.

Fithos
10-29-2005, 12:05 AM
ok, this is why i dont like sony. they rip you off soooooooo bad. The ps1 was a pretty good system for its time. i dont mind saying i own one. But the ps2 uses the same processor chip as the ps1 what a waiste. The only reason sony gets all the buissness they do is because they turn out like 100 games to every 1 the other systems turn out.
Final fantasys were cool, but i got 1-7 on either computer or s/nes and 8 was a pice of crap. the only FF game that i use the ps1 for is 9. and after 9 the games turned to crap with poor storylines, pointless quests and gameplay, and little charecter development.
on the same note of sony ripping people off, heres a fun fact. in the late 1970's sony launched beta. the first recording device to be able to rewinde. then, In 1989 sony released a camcorder type, the 8mm better known as "beta." then in 1992, they relase a new 8mm they call hi-8 (it was just beta.) and finnally in 2000 they relase a "digital" type they called digital 8 (it was not all digital and was once again mainly beta.)

in conclusion, they basicaly re-relased beta over the process of 20-25 years. and every time it was the same product, just with a new name and a very minor upgrade. Sony dosnt do anything innovative. they basicaly take existing products and put clocks in them.

fantasyjunkie
11-02-2005, 09:59 AM
I'll get all 3 eventually, no one system is better than the other. PS3 will have some version of GTA, 360 will have Oblivion(wo0t!) and Revolution wil have Zelda. It's a win, win, win situation for me LOL!

Mookies
11-02-2005, 11:07 AM
Blu Ray discs will be more expensive because its new technology. This has always been.

Sure they can cost .2c but Sony or the company in charge of selling them will put the prices up, way up.

They will then decrease the prices when competition arrives and the new technology is no longer brand new.

Elite Lord Sigma
11-02-2005, 12:16 PM
I'm nearly 100% sure that I'm getting a Revolution. Online play, backwards compatibility, and being able to download a motherlode of games is just plain awesome. Now I can catch up on what I've missed over the past 20 years. Also, just because a game is a continuation of a series doesn't mean it can't be vastly different. Just compare the original Super Smash Bros. and Super Smash Bros. Melee, and you'll get my point. There's also a good chance I'll get an Xbox 360. I like the Xbox Live Silver and Gold, and The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and Gears of War look really nice. I may try Perfect Dark Zero too. I may get a PS3, but only because of continuations in Final Fantasy and (maybe) Kingdom Hearts, and if there's any good PS3 exclusives.

UWAOOOOU
11-02-2005, 12:27 PM
I wont buy my PS3 until theres enough games out for it that I want. That should be enough time to knock theprice down xxx euros.

Erdrick Holmes
11-02-2005, 02:39 PM
I heard that the new Smash Brothers game will attempt to get a license from every game company to use not only Nintendo characters but pretty much characters from just popular games from all time. Personally I doubt that will ever happen since that would most likely cost alot of time and money to make the game to do all of that.

leon123
11-08-2005, 11:55 PM
xb 360 is going to be better i want re5

Shoden
11-08-2005, 11:57 PM
PS3 is getting DMC 4! which pwns the 360 to hell.

Erdrick Holmes
11-09-2005, 12:59 AM
PS3 pluses

King of Fighters Maximum Impact 3
Possibly a new Suikoden
Devil May Cry 4
Resident Evil 5

360 Pluses

Final Fantasy XI
King of Fighters XI
King of Fighters Maximum Impact 2
Possibly Phantasy Star Universe
Possibly Street Fighter 4
Halo 3
Resident Evil 5

Revolution Pluses

TONS of Sega games (this counts as alot)
Guilty Gear X3 (if Sega continues to support Nintendo)
Smash Brothers Revolution
Possibly a remake of Shining Force 3 since Camelot works for Nintendo now)

JaytodaP
11-09-2005, 02:14 AM
I doubt REV will have Online GAmeplay. Im not a game nerd so I dont know
plus I wont be getting any new system soon cause I just failed chemistry.

Erdrick Holmes
11-09-2005, 02:46 AM
Rev already has WI-FI built in so Online gaming is probably already set in stone.

Fithos
11-09-2005, 09:51 PM
As far as the list goes, i know they have a metroid prime 3 coming for the rev. in my mind, with the new controller, that is nothing but a plus.

Tidus Andronicus
11-10-2005, 12:04 AM
For me, its Revolution first, then PS3 second!

GooeyToast
11-10-2005, 12:18 AM
I'll probably get the 360 because I can get it free, then save up for the PS3. Eventually I'll be getting the Revolution as well.

Jimmch939
11-11-2005, 07:40 PM
I'll probably get the revolution first, as I believe it comes out before the ps3. I don't have a gamecube and need something to play the new zelda game on, so revolution will be first. I did one of those free ps3 things you see online all the time, so (hopefully) i'm getting that for free whenever it comes out.I'll get a 360 eventually, once the price comes down (probably when the ps3 comes out).

So in short I will eventually own all three systems.

edczxcvbnm
11-11-2005, 07:53 PM
FUCK ALL OF THEM! I am gonna get me a sega system eater. It eats and assimilates with the other systems allowing it to become ever more powerful. It can also play all games due to its abilities.

SYSTEM EATER 4 LIFE!

Spatvark
11-11-2005, 08:42 PM
I'll get all three.

...in about ten years time.

Rase
11-12-2005, 08:24 AM
Hmmm, well, at the moment, I'd say a lot more is needed in terms of actually gameplay footage from Sony and Nintendo, so right now I'll just say the Xbox 360. However, I'm 98% sure that, once Nintendo starts with the actual showing of games, I'll be back in thier boat once again.

Still, won't get any until at least late 2006, more likely somewhere in mid-late 2007. By then the prices will have dropped, more games will be out, and I'll most likely have tried each one at least once. Until then, PC = :<3:

TurkSlayer
11-12-2005, 08:41 AM
I'm not getting the 360, or at least not yet. It's too expensive, and I think they're putting it out too early.The PS3, now that I will buy. I'm concerned mostly about Square Enix titles, and thats what PS3 will have. I'm considering the Revolution as well, since it will most likely be the least expensive.

Shaun
11-12-2005, 03:16 PM
Threads like this are ridiculous, no offence. We truly don't know enough about the consoles yet, err, except the 360, which has a disasterous launch.

Samuraid
11-12-2005, 09:13 PM
It hasn't launched yet, so how can it be disasterous? :p

sdcopp
11-12-2005, 09:44 PM
seeing as how the system has been pre-ordered out eveywhere already, and they're already pre-selling for 800 usd last I checked on ebay it gonna be a mess with the X-Box launch

Xaven
11-12-2005, 10:58 PM
I want a Revolution.

tidus_rox
11-13-2005, 12:47 AM
lol i must be the youngest one on this site! lol im almost 13 and all of u r talking about how ur gunna buy it urself! lol im getting it for a late bday present (in febuary) (i think that i cums out in march) any whos i need to know 2 things. When it comes out (the ps3) will they still sell ps2 games. Cuz when ps2 came out the stopped selling ps1 games shortly after. and are we able to plzy ps1 games on the ps3? Thx,
cody

Slothy
11-13-2005, 01:30 AM
lol i must be the youngest one on this site! lol im almost 13 and all of u r talking about how ur gunna buy it urself! lol im getting it for a late bday present (in febuary) (i think that i cums out in march) any whos i need to know 2 things. When it comes out (the ps3) will they still sell ps2 games. Cuz when ps2 came out the stopped selling ps1 games shortly after. and are we able to plzy ps1 games on the ps3?

They'll sell PS2 games as long as people keep making them, which likely won't be very long after the PS3 is released. After that you'll need to find any PS2 games you want used most likely. It's also fully backward compatible with PS1 and PS2 games. As for when it comes out; Sony's not talking release date yet. We know it'll be sometime next year for Japan (early next year maybe?), and probably a few months later at the earliest for North America. I wouldn't be surprised if we're waiting until Fall for it here.

Shaun
11-13-2005, 12:31 PM
It hasn't launched yet, so how can it be disasterous? :p

I generally meant the launch titles, which look teh suck..

Aphelion
11-13-2005, 01:09 PM
I'll be getting a PS3, but probably not until 2009. I was planning on getting a new handheld system next year (I'm still not sure which one, but the DS certainly fit$ more into my pocket), and then starting to save some money (something hard to do with FFXII, KHII, Grandia III, Suikoden V and Tales of Legendia coming soon, and with my ridicule attempt to make my father contribute by giving me financial support..."sure, I can give you $10!") to get a next-gen system in the following years. So, I'm getting a PS3, but only after its price has dropped drastically.

Slothy
11-13-2005, 02:05 PM
I'll be getting a PS3, but probably not until 2009. I was planning on getting a new handheld system next year (I'm still not sure which one, but the DS certainly fit$ more into my pocket), and then starting to save some money (something hard to do with FFXII, KHII, Grandia III, Suikoden V and Tales of Legendia coming soon, and with my ridicule attempt to make my father contribute by giving me financial support..."sure, I can give you $10!") to get a next-gen system in the following years. So, I'm getting a PS3, but only after its price has dropped drastically.

I know how you feel. I'll be working in the winter and won't have trouble putting enough away for the PS3, but I still remember saving my allowance for months to buy an N64 a few months after it came out, back when I was 11. It's not easy when you're a kid, but it made it all the sweeter that I paid for it myself, and made the months without new games worth it (I probably didn't notice the lack of new games that much anyway. Odds are I was content playing through FF6 multiple times again). The good news is, it generally gets easier as you get older, unless of course you have kids, then you'll never have any money for the rest of your life.

Rase
11-13-2005, 05:13 PM
I generally meant the launch titles, which look teh suck..

I guess that depends on what you like. Personally, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Perfect Dark Zero, Quake 4, and Call of Duty 2 (which rocks on PC) look excellent to me, but if you don't like FPS, sports, or racing games, I could see how you wouldn't see it the same way.

Slothy
11-13-2005, 07:11 PM
I guess that depends on what you like. Personally, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Perfect Dark Zero, Quake 4, and Call of Duty 2 (which rocks on PC) look excellent to me, but if you don't like FPS, sports, or racing games, I could see how you wouldn't see it the same way.

I suppose that's not terribly bad for FPS fans, but for those with a gaming quality PC, there's no sense getting a 360 for Quake 4 or Call of Duty 2. And I'd have to agree it does seem that those who aren't into racing sports or FPS are rather left in the cold at launch. Part of why I won't be picking one up anytime soon.

Interestingly enough I just found this story on IGN: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/666/666229p1.html
Looks like the 360 might be in trouble out of the gate. I know I wouldn't be happy if I pre-ordered one and the store didn't have enough to give me mine.

fantasyjunkie
11-14-2005, 05:51 AM
Wow, some preorders are not coming in? Well that just means that I'm in a win-win situation. If my pre-order doesnt come in , I can get more ram, a better graphics card, or a new motherboard and CPU, a stonger power supply...:D :D :D :D

JaytodaP
11-25-2005, 02:06 AM
well the Xbox 360 just lauched.... Anyone got it yet?? I might get a core system for christmas IF my dad can get his hands on one.

Rase
11-25-2005, 06:03 AM
Well, from what I hear, it'd be wiser to get the Premium Package. The extra $100 nets you nearly $250 dollars of stuff (Media Remote, Wireless COntroller, HD AV cables, Headset, and 20 GB Harddrive). Plus, with the Harddrive, you won't need the memory card like with the core system, which is $40-$50.

ljkkjlcm9
11-25-2005, 05:00 PM
I suppose that's not terribly bad for FPS fans, but for those with a gaming quality PC, there's no sense getting a 360 for Quake 4 or Call of Duty 2. And I'd have to agree it does seem that those who aren't into racing sports or FPS are rather left in the cold at launch. Part of why I won't be picking one up anytime soon.

Interestingly enough I just found this story on IGN: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/666/666229p1.html
Looks like the 360 might be in trouble out of the gate. I know I wouldn't be happy if I pre-ordered one and the store didn't have enough to give me mine.
I know stores like Best Buy, were selling them to employees before anyone else, however many they wanted, regardless of anyone's pre-orders. Which pisses me off when I hear things like people who pre-ordered didn't get their system.

THE JACKEL

Jimmch939
11-25-2005, 06:24 PM
The 360 deal is a bit of a mess. In some cases stores took 150+ preorders and got 15-20 systems, and are only looking at getting 10 a week in the coming weeks. Its leaving a lot of gamers with a sour taste in their mouths.

I'm going to wait until the price comes down significantly before picking on up.