PDA

View Full Version : Best Love Story

Cecinda
10-25-2005, 06:58 PM
By this I DON'T mean cutest couple. I mean the most tender love story between the two characters. I've only listed the ones I know, feel free to mention any one you find the best I haven't listed...

For me it was Cloud and Tifa. Tifa's dedication to Cloud totally touched my heart...

GunbladeMaster
10-25-2005, 07:05 PM
Tidus and yuna
was a true love
because it was the first FF where in the end the girl or guy actually say
I LOVE YOU
and their love lasted 2 ff games

Cecinda
10-25-2005, 07:12 PM
Cloud and Tifa's love lasted into a MOVIE! Hah! And Tifa said, "Cloud, I..........." lol...:D
Okay you win on that one, but C & T didn't have to say it cos they already knew...and they knew each other since they were little Tidus and Yuna knew each other for like a couple of weeks...
But you know...Tidus and Yuna were the first ever FF couple to actually kiss, hold hands and say "I love you"... weird...
Maybe Square had some inhibitions

boys from the dwarf
10-25-2005, 07:14 PM
sqall and rinoa. its the most interesting and makes the game what it is.FF8 is great.

rubah
10-26-2005, 12:17 AM
Squall and Rinoa are just CUTE love.

Also, I thought I would say that anyone who votes for "Locke/Celes" will be shot on sight. That is not a real pairing.

Auron and Rikku is far better than any of the choices, actually xD

Winter Nights
10-26-2005, 12:59 AM
Squall and Rinoa have the better love story. The closest couple to having a realistic love for each other would probably be Tifa and Cloud, though it is never stated that their feelings were actually love. *shrugs*

Shoeberto
10-26-2005, 01:04 AM
All of the love stories in the game always come across to me as Hollywood-esque fluff, so I have a hard time taking any of them seriously.

kikimm
10-26-2005, 01:36 AM
The closest couple to having a realistic love for each other would probably be Tifa and Cloud, though it is never stated that their feelings were actually love. *shrugs*

I completely agree with this. Which is why I'm going to vote for them. No other pairing really compares to them, in MY OPINION. MY OPINION.

TurkSlayer
10-26-2005, 01:47 AM
I'll go with Cloud and Tifa, but I want to say Hojo and Jenova.:D

Winter Nights
10-26-2005, 01:56 AM
I should note that I voted for Squall and Rinoa, as the topic is "Best Love Story", not "Most Likely Couple To Survive The Honeymoon".

Vyk
10-26-2005, 02:14 AM
If that's the case, there should only be like a couple options. As Locke and Celes never really tried to hook up. And Cecil and Rosa were already together and the story didn't spend much time looking into that, so I don't consider that a love story at all. And Cloud... we only know for sure cared about them deeply. Friendship love, for sure, but who knows if it can be considered love "story" either way. Basically, it's between 8 and 10, maaaaybe 9. But if that's the case, I'd have to go with 9. Because in 8 and 10 I hated the guys (at first anyway, in Squall's case). And I hated Yuna...

Winter Nights
10-26-2005, 02:20 AM
I don't think Cecinda understood what she was asking. Thread title and description say "Best Love Story".. But her possible choices and her own answer say "Favorite Couple".

DJZen
10-26-2005, 03:29 AM
Ugh... SQUALL AND RINOA HAD THE MOST PATHETIC, TRITE, PRETENTIOUS, PEDANTIC, IDIOTIC, BORING, BANAL AND OFFENSIVELY STUPID ABORTION OF A LOVE STORY EVER CONTRIVED. I pray to god that people will start waking up to this some day soon... In fact, Final Fantasy needs to just stay the heck away from love stories PERIOD. They've never been able to pull it off and it only winds up being an embarassment to the rest of what would otherwise be a fun game. If Rinoa weren't in FFVIII at all, the game would have been MUCH better.

Winter Nights
10-26-2005, 04:00 AM
Ugh... SQUALL AND RINOA HAD THE MOST PATHETIC, TRITE, PRETENTIOUS, PEDANTIC, IDIOTIC, BORING, BANAL AND OFFENSIVELY STUPID ABORTION OF A LOVE STORY EVER CONTRIVED. I pray to god that people will start waking up to this some day soon... In fact, Final Fantasy needs to just stay the heck away from love stories PERIOD. They've never been able to pull it off and it only winds up being an embarassment to the rest of what would otherwise be a fun game. If Rinoa weren't in FFVIII at all, the game would have been MUCH better.
Odd you say that, considering the only real story there related to Rinoa and Squall. Without Rinoa, it would have been a pointless hack-n-slash RPG..

Trumpet Thief
10-26-2005, 04:26 AM
chaos: I liked Zidane and Garnet. IMO, their relationship meant more than just "ooh, now we're in love! lolz!", because Garnet really did change when being with Zidane. And it did take a long time to progress. Very realistic in my eyes.

Rubedo: It all unfolded like a storybook. IMO, the greatest FF relationship ever.

Rusty
10-26-2005, 05:01 AM
Rinoa and Squall. But Cloud and Aeris were beautiful.

Azure Chrysanthemum
10-26-2005, 06:17 AM
Tidus and yuna
was a true love
because it was the first FF where in the end the girl or guy actually say
I LOVE YOU
and their love lasted 2 ff games

Actually, I believe in the Japanese version she says "Thank you".

Necronopticous
10-26-2005, 06:30 AM
Ugh... SQUALL AND RINOA HAD THE MOST PATHETIC, TRITE, PRETENTIOUS, PEDANTIC, IDIOTIC, BORING, BANAL AND OFFENSIVELY STUPID ABORTION OF A LOVE STORY EVER CONTRIVED. I pray to god that people will start waking up to this some day soon... In fact, Final Fantasy needs to just stay the heck away from love stories PERIOD. They've never been able to pull it off and it only winds up being an embarassment to the rest of what would otherwise be a fun game. If Rinoa weren't in FFVIII at all, the game would have been MUCH better.Squall and Rinoa.

Christmas
10-26-2005, 07:13 AM
:heart: http://rpgoblivion.gamingsource.net/Animated%20gifs/FF%208/couples/rinoasquall.gif :heart:

Necronopticous
10-26-2005, 07:57 AM
:<3: http://forums.eyesonff.com/user/avatar/avatar15004_11.gifhttp://demented3d.com/nissen/upload/emote/pink/crazylove.gif:<3:

DMKA
10-26-2005, 08:17 AM
Strangely, now that I think about it, Zidane and Garnet is my favorite.

Slade
10-26-2005, 09:50 AM
Yuna and Tidus was the most appealing to me. I actually consider X to be more of a love story than VIII. Mainly because Tidus and Yuna liked each other from the start when they first saw each other, Squall and Rinoa on the other hand (well Squall at least) didnt really like Rinoa till she was in a comba.

GunbladeMaster
10-26-2005, 11:34 AM
exactly

BudSoda02
10-26-2005, 02:13 PM
I loved FFIX's love story with Zidane and Dagger. How they finally reunite at the end of the game is just so touching after Zidane throws off the cape after playing a bit of Marcus' part in the play. He was thought to have died protecting Kuja at the Iifa Tree, even by Dagger, I think it was so happy how they hugged each other for a fantastic finish at the end of FFIX. Oh yeah and how about General Beatrix and Steiner's love for each other I thought the development of that was rather amusing..., of course then very lovely how the held the Save The Queen together at the end of FFIX to produce that twilight... It was all so great! :D
Thanks- BudSoda02 BudSoda02@yahoo.com

The legendary Shadow
10-26-2005, 04:55 PM
Draco and Maria (VI)

Cecinda
10-26-2005, 06:08 PM
I don't think Cecinda understood what she was asking. Thread title and description say "Best Love Story".. But her possible choices and her own answer say "Favorite Couple".

No, I actually think the best love story was cloud and tifa because it was so subtle and unspoken, yet so powerful. They ARE my favourite couple because I think they have the best love story...
I think you're confused, lol :p

Winter Nights
10-26-2005, 06:25 PM
No, I actually think the best love story was cloud and tifa because it was so subtle and unspoken, yet so powerful. They ARE my favourite couple because I think they have the best love story...
I think you're confused, lol :p
Actually not. While, like you, I find Cloud and Tifa to be the strongest couple.. Whether or not Cloud feels the same for Tifa that she obviously feels for him is quite debatable. Tifa shows great love for Cloud several times in the game, but there is nothing to show he feels the same. There is no love story there.. Just possibilities.

In fact the only games that flat-out show love between the characters is FF8 and FF10. Thus, why I say your description is flawed.

Masamune·1600
10-26-2005, 07:04 PM
Beowulf and Reis. ;)

Azure Chrysanthemum
10-26-2005, 07:35 PM
Beowulf and Reis. ;)

Good man. Good man.

KoShiatar
10-26-2005, 09:15 PM
You know what? I like Desh and Sarina (from FF III). Desh was utterly cool, and he was the last Ancient and despite this he didn't die. And Sarina waited for him until the end and she was so lovesick she ended up delirious in a bed.

Mneme
10-27-2005, 03:07 AM
No, I actually think the best love story was cloud and tifa because it was so subtle and unspoken, yet so powerful.

I loved Squall and Rinoa as a couple, and Final Fantasy VIII remains a firm favourite with me for quite a few reasons, but I have to agree with this statement. One of the few images I can recall from an FF game without any real effort involved and still get some feeling from it is of Cloud Tifa sitting beneath the Highwind before the descent into the crater. Not really saying much, but loads of feeling behind the few words there... like a whole different conversation going on. With Aeris gone I'll look forward to seeing the movie and where they go... don't spoil it for anyone :P

So Cloud and Tifa it is for me.

Cecinda
10-27-2005, 09:17 AM
Actually not. While, like you, I find Cloud and Tifa to be the strongest couple.. Whether or not Cloud feels the same for Tifa that she obviously feels for him is quite debatable. Tifa shows great love for Cloud several times in the game, but there is nothing to show he feels the same. There is no love story there.. Just possibilities.

In fact the only games that flat-out show love between the characters is FF8 and FF10. Thus, why I say your description is flawed.

Alright, if that's what you think...but we all have a right to our own opinion here...and that is my opinion.
so forgive me if I don't agree with you.
As for FF8 and FF10, especially FF10, I found the love stories more of an infatuation. But hey, once again that's my opinion. We all have our own views of what real love is. if that's even a real thing??? :confused:
How do we know when we feel true love for someone? Or if they feel true love for us? Damn! :confused: :confused: :confused: :eek:

DJZen
10-27-2005, 10:19 PM
Squall and Rinoa.

I love you.

Shiny
10-27-2005, 10:26 PM
Those are some good choices, but my vote is for other. Other being Vincent and Lucrecia, because their love was tragic which made it more interesting.

GunbladeMaster
10-27-2005, 10:27 PM
but we never got real insight on their love
tho maybe thats what awaits us in DoC

Shiny
10-27-2005, 10:30 PM
Which made their relationship mysterious...I like that.

P.S. I hope they'll explain some things in DoC!

Winter Nights
10-27-2005, 11:51 PM
Alright, if that's what you think...but we all have a right to our own opinion here...and that is my opinion.
so forgive me if I don't agree with you.
As for FF8 and FF10, especially FF10, I found the love stories more of an infatuation. But hey, once again that's my opinion. We all have our own views of what real love is. if that's even a real thing??? :confused:
How do we know when we feel true love for someone? Or if they feel true love for us? Damn! :confused: :confused: :confused: :eek:
Somehow I wonder if you read a damn thing I said.

DJZen
10-28-2005, 04:14 AM
Here's how you know it's true love.

You know how to make compromisses and concessions.
You're willing to swallow your pride for the sake of the other person.
You're both willing to put in the time and effort to make the relationship work.
When things don't work, you both work on it instead of clinging to pride.
You both recognize each others's faults, and still love each other.
When your commitment takes priority to temptation.
When the honeymoon is long since over, and you still feel the love.
You know how to give him or her the space he or she needs.
When you'd donate a kidney to them without a second thought.

Takara
10-28-2005, 05:26 AM
FuSoYa and Golbez! :<3:

NeoCracker
10-28-2005, 05:39 AM
FuSoYa and Golbez! :<3:

That is singally the creepiest thing yet said on this thread.

Slade
10-28-2005, 06:20 AM
That is singally the creepiest thing yet said on this thread.
Maybe so, but its true!

Despotus
10-28-2005, 12:23 PM
Beowulf and Reis. ;)
Or how 'bout Delita and Ovelia? They truely loved each other to death. Lol

Anaisa
10-29-2005, 01:56 AM
I think Cloud and Tifa are the best couple they knew each other since they were juniors so its not like they've met and just have the hots for one another. And as for Squall and Rinoa she tryed to change him thats not love if you love someone you love them the way they are. Plus she said she thought she was in love with Seifer how many other guys has she thought she was in love with? And realistically would Squall really want Seifers old wares? i don't think so.

Winter Nights
10-29-2005, 02:07 AM
Rinoa wasn't trying to change Squall. She was trying to get him open up. there's a difference.

Anaisa
10-29-2005, 02:11 AM
Well if he's not an open person and she badgers him into becoming one well that would be changing him from a closed off person to an open one.

Winter Nights
10-29-2005, 03:22 AM
Being closed off isn't a personality type, like you are making it out to be. It's a mental disorder that people place on themselves, mostly after some trauma or hard times. Rinoa was trying, like everyone else in the group, to help him get past that and realise that he could express feelings toward the people around him.

Simply put: Squall had a problem. Rinoa was trying to help him.

Anaisa
10-29-2005, 11:41 AM
Introvert is a personality type and being an introvert doesn't mean you have a problem or a mental disorder .

Neco Arc
10-31-2005, 03:37 PM
i'll go with 8 because it is tehnically a love story

Winter Nights
11-01-2005, 01:12 AM
Introvert is a personality type and being an introvert doesn't mean you have a problem or a mental disorder .

Being closed off and being an introvert are COMPLETELY different things.

Anaisa
11-01-2005, 10:11 AM
Being closed off and being an introvert are COMPLETELY different things. I never said they were the same thing. And they are not necessarily completely diffrent things it would depend on the person you were talking about as to whether being closed off and being an introvert were interelated.

Christmas
11-01-2005, 10:41 AM
Did anyone remember them....

:save: http://rpgoblivion.gamingsource.net/Animated%20gifs/FF%209/tall/steiner.gif :heart: http://rpgoblivion.gamingsource.net/Animated%20gifs/FF%209/tall/beatrix.gif :save:

Winter Nights
11-01-2005, 04:18 PM
I never said they were the same thing. And they are not necessarily completely diffrent things it would depend on the person you were talking about as to whether being closed off and being an introvert were interelated.
*yawn* All fine and good.. Except that the game specifically states that Squall closed himself off, not due to a personality trait, but due to events in his childhood.

Note I said "Squall closed himself off".

Slothy
11-01-2005, 04:53 PM
I'm going with Locke and Celes. The feelings between them were obviously there throughout the game, but I liked how they could never quite get it together with Locke feeling guilty about Rachel. Garnet and Zidane would be a close second for me. I liked how their relationship progressed.

Anaisa
11-01-2005, 05:53 PM
*yawn* All fine and good.. Except that the game specifically states that Squall closed himself off, not due to a personality trait, but due to events in his childhood.

Note I said "Squall closed himself off".
Whether Squall closed himself off due to childhood or not facets of his personality would still be described as personality traits because thats what they are. Just because certain traits of your personality stem from childhood doesn't mean you don't class them as personality traits you can't because thats what they are.

Winter Nights
11-01-2005, 06:11 PM
This is about the dumbest argument I've ever been in. You are basically arguing that we should leave all shy and closed-off people to rot, because trying to help them would be "forcing them to change". :rolleyes2

Anaisa
11-01-2005, 07:32 PM
This is about the dumbest argument I've ever been in. You are basically arguing that we should leave all shy and closed-off people to rot, because trying to help them would be "forcing them to change". :rolleyes2
And your arguing that anyone shy or closed off needs help. Just because its not the norm to be shy or closed off doesn't mean those people who are must all need help and that they should be converted to behave like the majority.

GunbladeMaster
11-01-2005, 07:39 PM
u guys should just stop before
this gets uglier

Winter Nights
11-01-2005, 07:51 PM
And your arguing that anyone shy or closed off needs help. Just because its not the norm to be shy or closed off doesn't mean those people who are must all need help and that they should be converted to behave like the majority.
As it is actually self-destructive to block out ALL outside contact, yes it would be safe to say that Squall needed help. Being shy isn't a problem, but you shut out the whole world and refuse to associate with anyone, you are actually destroying your self-worth little by little. Speaking from experience, it can lead to heavy depression.

And I'm done, because this is argument isn't worth my time and beyond off topic now.

Anaisa
11-01-2005, 08:19 PM
As it is actually self-destructive to block out ALL outside contact, yes it would be safe to say that Squall needed help. Being shy isn't a problem, but you shut out the whole world and refuse to associate with anyone, you are actually destroying your self-worth little by little. Speaking from experience, it can lead to heavy depression. I obviously don't think Squall needed help. Blocking out all outside contact isn't always self destructive some people like to avoid human interaction as much as they can its not self destructive if you like it like that.And more people have had their feelings of self worth damaged by interaction with people than they have due to lack of it. And due to your own experience you've had thats probably why you think these people are better off being helped because you or whoever you know felt better after they/you started being more social, but it doesn't mean that everybody else unsociable needs help and doesn't like being the way they are.

KoShiatar
11-01-2005, 08:58 PM
Did anyone remember them....

:save: http://rpgoblivion.gamingsource.net/Animated%20gifs/FF%209/tall/steiner.gif :heart: http://rpgoblivion.gamingsource.net/Animated%20gifs/FF%209/tall/beatrix.gif :save:

Funniest love story EVER. ^__^

GunbladeMaster
11-01-2005, 09:01 PM
it was all gone when baku sneezed...

who knew
a single sneeze could ruin a love
go figure