PDA

View Full Version : The Chrono Trigger Thread

Bahamut, King of Dragons
10-25-2005, 07:04 PM
I don't see too many threads about Chrono Trigger, so I'm starting one. Just talk about this game. What did you like, dislike, etc.

OK, ready, set, SPIT.

Havoc
11-03-2005, 09:19 PM
I dislike everything about CT, except for the wonderful music.

Destai
11-03-2005, 10:51 PM
The whole point of this forum is to post specific topics about Chrono Trigger. Yeah I liked most things about it. I dont think there was anything I particularly disliked. Class game.

Dreddz
11-04-2005, 05:37 PM
Twas a bit hyped, I got all excited when about to play the game, but isnt all that IMO, FFVI is alot better.
An average game, but has the best music ive ever heard in a game ...

Skarr
11-05-2005, 12:07 AM
Chrono Trigger is one of the best games for the SNES. Despite what many of you might say, you can't deny that it's not a good game.

anakkampung85
11-23-2005, 04:28 AM
I guess Chrono Trigger is so good and can be my top games, :)

xdistantxdreamerx
11-23-2005, 01:36 PM
It was a really good game but once i got toward the end, i didn't feel like playing anymore... wasn't up to killing a hundred enimies...

raskerino
11-23-2005, 07:42 PM
I enjoyed the feel a ton... and Magus was great, but I enjoyed Chrono Cross more on every level (I don't care much about the music and usually have the volume off, but if I did compare it I'd call them both excellent).

rubah
11-23-2005, 08:03 PM
The plot wasn't very interesting; despite VC's insistences that it would get better and more complex, I never really found it to do so xD

I thought it was a very nice pretty game, with pretty music, but I haven't bothered to go for new game + yet.

Lucca is annoying.

blackmage_nuke
12-17-2005, 11:39 AM
I loved the whole game, music and plot and i think it had a really good plot, a bit confusing at times but overall very good. (and crono had the best lines and dialogue :p)

Tempest
12-17-2005, 10:20 PM
After I did everything possible to do in that game I stopped playing it. Only play it occasionally now. But, it has great music, a great story, and great characters, so yeah, it's a great game.

Mo-Nercy
12-19-2005, 11:39 AM
I've started a whole new game instead of playing through my perfect New Game+ again. I realised that I had forgotton just how good this game really is. Easily my favourite game ever.

Coop
01-03-2006, 10:37 PM
it was my fav game i was obesed with it for like 7 years cause i had it then sold it then missed it then i found it after looking for 7 years and i bought it and beat it but i still like it but i can't find it..i liked to music 2 i got it on my comp you can get it off some site it cool

Stayin Dizzy
01-21-2006, 10:58 PM
really loved it. Good music, good feel. No random encounters was nice (one of the 1st rpg's i played like that). I liked the whole time travel thing but it depends on your take on theories in quantum physics. I could easily call it my second favorite rpg series (next to FF of course). I like to leave it alone for a few months at a time then start a new game and see how fast i can beat it. The ONLY thng that I didn't like about the game was at the beginning when Marle goes to 600 AD they call off the search on Queen Leene and Marle disappears due to the fact that she would therefore not be born. But if this happened theoretically Chrono and Lucca would have never ran into her at the fair and never followed her through time to 600 AD meaning they also should have disappeared. But I guess that woulda put a dent in the story line.

Mooglegirl608: Cross can be enjoyed as a game without playing trigger. Some things wont make sense, but the game explains general info about the events in trigger so that if someone hasn't played trigger, they'll have a slight clue as to what the game is talking about. If you want to play trigger I would reccomend emulating it. No snes game should be priced at 50 bucks. I pay less for x-box games

?????
01-21-2006, 11:12 PM
If you haven't played both of these games, you haven't played videogames. They're quite easily the best RPGs in existence, beating out any Final Fantasy you could name.

cloud_doll
02-15-2006, 10:01 PM
i think FFVII is the best game square made, but chrono trigger is pretty damn close! it was the first RPG game i ever played, so it was hard and a little confusing. but it was a totally awesome game! the music was great, the story was great, the characters were great the graphics weren't all that bad (welll not at least for the year) so theres not really any downs about it!

a nirvana fan
02-17-2006, 12:40 PM
I really like the gameplay and storyline the most, the sounds are really good too, I love everything about this game, it feels original and fresh, well it did for the time and the only think I dislike is the lack of experience you gain but who cares about that this game is amazing.