PDA

View Full Version : What if Rinoa......

Rinoa2005
10-25-2005, 10:07 PM
What if Rinoa's father didn't keep her after Julia's death?
What would had happen to her? Would she be a SeeD?
that's the only thing my cousin can say.... he doesn't sleep, he doesn't eat and the worst part is that he doesn't LET ME sleep,he doesn't LET ME eat!!!!:mad2: :mad2: :mad2:
Anyway I want you to tell me what do you think.... Anything to make him SHUT UP!!! PLEASE I BEG YOU!!!!:cry: :cry:

raskerino
10-25-2005, 10:11 PM
It's good this topic is important enough for 2 versions.

I have no idea in respone to your questions though. and I don't think it matters, it's what actually happened that matters.

Rinoa2005
10-25-2005, 10:16 PM
It's good this topic is important enough for 2 versions.

Ok sorry that was an accident!! my cousin is here and he is not making it easy 4 me to write.... :mad2: :mad2: I want you to use your imagination!!! and see how this could change what happened on the game!!!

raskerino
10-25-2005, 10:35 PM
If she was not kept by her father she could have ended up anywhere, as we see in the scene at Trabia garden fighting was not how she wanted to solve things (though she may have only thought after maturing with the rest of the team, I don't think so as that's not how I felt her group worked). I think she probably wouldn't of ended up as a SeeD and probably would of ended up in Galbadia (Centra and Esthar are out of the question, she's not a traveler so unlike Laguna she wouldn't end up in Shumi village, I don't think she'd travel to Balamb without it being to go to garden which I don't think it makes sense for her to do. I think she'd most probably end up in Galbadia because other places seem so improbable.) So assuming she left Deling City she could end up in Timber or Dollet (or maybe Winhill), the prison or missile base don't make sense as her animosity towards her father would stop her from working for them.

Timber= I could see this working out similiarly to how the game does, except she would of fought Galbadia for longer, and could've called for help sooner causing someone else to come, with a very different sequence of events. However as the slightest change could change everything this seems reasonably similiar to the actual events.

Dollet= She probably wouldn't run into the characters, she could die in the attack. The only way I can see her meeting up is if she fought the Galbadians, but she wouldn't call for help in Timber so the game would be entirely different.

G SpOtZ
10-25-2005, 10:42 PM
rinoa would be dead because ulti woulda taken over her and the SeeDs wouldn't have known her so they'd kill her and prevent time compression somehow.

don't ask me to back that up.

Rinoa2005
10-25-2005, 10:44 PM
If she was not kept by her father she could have ended up anywhere, as we see in the scene at Trabia garden fighting was not how she wanted to solve things (though she may have only thought after maturing with the rest of the team, I don't think so as that's not how I felt her group worked). I think she probably wouldn't of ended up as a SeeD and probably would of ended up in Galbadia (Centra and Esthar are out of the question, she's not a traveler so unlike Laguna she wouldn't end up in Shumi village, I don't think she'd travel to Balamb without it being to go to garden which I don't think it makes sense for her to do. I think she'd most probably end up in Galbadia because other places seem so improbable.) So assuming she left Deling City she could end up in Timber or Dollet (or maybe Winhill), the prison or missile base don't make sense as her animosity towards her father would stop her from working for them.

Timber= I could see this working out similiarly to how the game does, except she would of fought Galbadia for longer, and could've called for help sooner causing someone else to come, with a very different sequence of events. However as the slightest change could change everything this seems reasonably similiar to the actual events.

Dollet= She probably wouldn't run into the characters, she could die in the attack. The only way I can see her meeting up is if she fought the Galbadians, but she wouldn't call for help in Timber so the game would be entirely different.

That's a good point but when Julia died Rinoa was about 5 years old so i don't think she could just left and go anywhere she wanted.... problably her father would send her to an orphanage or something

rubah
10-25-2005, 11:17 PM
Rinoa would be more likely to be a SeeD and less likely to be a sorceress if she had been sent to an orphanage.

She would wind up in one of the gardens once she was old enough, and since she doesn't care about her father, she would've probably ignored seifer and squall, since the Forest Owls wouldn't matter to her. That or she would've helped them anyways and gotten kicked out of Garden.

Rinoa2005
10-29-2005, 09:36 PM
Rinoa would be more likely to be a SeeD and less likely to be a sorceress if she had been sent to an orphanage.

She would wind up in one of the gardens once she was old enough, and since she doesn't care about her father, she would've probably ignored seifer and squall, since the Forest Owls wouldn't matter to her. That or she would've helped them anyways and gotten kicked out of Garden.

Yeah but maybe she could end up as Sorceress-SeeD if she stays at Garden. That would be Ironic....

Qurange
10-29-2005, 11:36 PM
I don't really think ironic is the right word.

Really, it isn't very likely for Rinoa to become a Sorceress outside the events of the game. How would she have been in a position to take on the powers?

The way I see it, the Timber mission wouldn't have happened (a lot of other things would change, but no need to get into those), and so Squall and company wouldn't have made it to Galbadia Garden at all. Seifer probably wouldn't have broken out of the Disciplinary room, so there we have no Knight--unless Ultimecia simply picks someone else, which is possible.

Galbadia Garden would still put the hit out on Edea, and so the missile attacks would almost certainly still progress on schedule--but, without warning. There'd be eventually a confrontation between SeeD and the Sorceress, sure...And if they won after the losses they'd suffer in the missile attack?

...Probably, one of the SeeDs there would take on the powers without realizing it, but there's no real way to tell who would be there. Even the projection I made above isn't complete, because I'm not taking into account whether or not the removal of Rinoa has any further effect on Seifer, among other things.

rubah
10-30-2005, 12:32 AM
if the timber mission hadn't occurred, edea would not have known garden was the one after her, since Zell wouldn't've been there to blurt it out.

Qurange
10-30-2005, 03:07 AM
Galbadia Gaden would still have carried out the assassination attempt, though, and I think they'd have found out they were from a Garden after interrogating whoever they sent.

So, maybe it would've, maybe it wouldn't have, but Edea would have gone after SeeD eventually--Ultimecia hated SeeD. It's just that the assassination attempt was a reminder and a convenient 'excuse'.

Markus. D
10-30-2005, 03:34 AM
Man i love this topic... so controvercially perfect.

i cant answer though, gonna have to make up a few theories first.

boys from the dwarf
10-30-2005, 05:45 AM
rinoa will go to the orphanage then go to garden and become a seed.

Qurange
10-30-2005, 06:42 AM
I really doubt that Rinoa would end up at /that/ orphanage--and I'm not sure that she'd go to an orphanage at all. We can, I think, assume that Julia has some family. (And it's less definite, but if it were widely known that Caraway abandoned his daughter, his career might have suffered.)

If she went to Garden, I doubt she'd make SeeD, unless she became a very different person. (I'm not saying anything bad about the character--I don't mind her. But she is not of a military mindset, as we see her in the game.)

Rinoa2005
11-01-2005, 09:07 PM
I really doubt that Rinoa would end up at /that/ orphanage--and I'm not sure that she'd go to an orphanage at all. We can, I think, assume that Julia has some family. (And it's less definite, but if it were widely known that Caraway abandoned his daughter, his career might have suffered.)

If she went to Garden, I doubt she'd make SeeD, unless she became a very different person. (I'm not saying anything bad about the character--I don't mind her. But she is not of a military mindset, as we see her in the game.)

You have a good point about Caraway, but if he does send Rinoa to an orphanage and if she end up at Garden she could well I'm almost sure that she would be a different person... After all she would be there since childhood and well the different enviroment and the use of GF's would have an effect on the way she is... Anyway you can't say for sure that she wouldn't make SeeD.

Qurange
11-01-2005, 09:12 PM
You might be right. After all, it's not that Rinoa doesn't have the brain for it, just that she doesn't have the mindset. She's smarter than she's given credit for.

It's interesting to think about the differences there would be, though.

Rinoa2005
11-01-2005, 09:27 PM
You might be right. After all, it's not that Rinoa doesn't have the brain for it, just that she doesn't have the mindset. She's smarter than she's given credit for.

It's interesting to think about the differences there would be, though.

Yes she is smarter than what anyone think, but she is inmature and that's why no one realize how smart she is... but maybe living at Garden would make her more mature.