PDA

View Full Version : Best and Worst Subjects

Rye
10-26-2005, 01:09 AM
I've had this conversation a ton of times with my friends, so basically:

What acadameic subject (Math, History, English, Science, Language?) in school/college/uni are you doing best in? What is your best subject in general?

Example: Biology is my best academic subject, but Chorus and Art (dunno which) are my best subjects.

What's your worst academic subject? What is your worst subject in general?

Like I said, Biology is my best academic subject, I think I have a 96 average in it, and Chorus and Art are my best subjects. My worst subject, but generally and academically, is Math. I hate Math, I just don't get it. I'm great at Art/Music/English/History and I'm even good at Science, which is a more mathematical type of thing, but Math is just... hard. xD

Necronopticous
10-26-2005, 01:13 AM
I'm great at Math, English, and Computer Science, and I enjoy them all quite a bit.

I'm awful at History, and Physical Education.

Lord Xehanort
10-26-2005, 01:13 AM
YAY SCIENCE!!!

BOO MATH!!!

kikimm
10-26-2005, 01:14 AM
Yeah, I hate math too. My brain just will NOT function in the ways that math requires it to. ;) Plus I don't see myself using it, ever, after highschool, so it's hard to get motivated. I'm talking about stuff like Pre-Calc, advanced algebra-blegh.

I'm really good at English and History, though. I like those classes. /nerd

Kirobaito
Though I don't enjoy it, really, my best subject is math by far. I'm making A's currently in Calculus BC, Ordinary Differential Equations, and Statistics. My best general subject is, I dunno, Office Assistant?

My worst subject is Science, by far. I don't like it and it doesn't like me. Luckily I've avoided taking a Science class for two years now, despite the fact that my math courses both involve a lot of Physics, and my teacher is a doctor of Physics.

eestlinc
I was pretty good at all of them, although I guess I was always best at math, since math always has a right answer. English or history, you can always be better no matter how well you do. My favorite subject was music, though.

I guess my worst subject in school was Phy Ed because I was really uncoordinated as a teenager.

Shoeberto
I like English, Chemistry, and anything computer related. Biological sciences are my worst.

bennator
10-26-2005, 01:15 AM
Orgo is my best subject (academically and what I like, kinda strange), my worst academically is multidimension calc, what I hate the most is shakespeare.

Shlup
10-26-2005, 01:16 AM
I'm all about anything but math. I also hate philosophy and history, but I do fine in them.

Rye
10-26-2005, 01:17 AM
I hate Gym, and it hates me, but I am semi-active during it, so my grade is fine in it. xD

kikimm
10-26-2005, 01:22 AM
Heh, I'm done with P.E. for the rest of my high school career. It's pretty sweet.

Although I was always good at it, and it was an easy A. I miss that.

Tasura
10-26-2005, 01:23 AM
*is a calculus major* so yea, my best are probably Calc and Grek/Roman mythology, worst is history and english.

Reles
10-26-2005, 01:33 AM
My favorite subject is English, yet that's the one I do worst in. :( And math I do horribly in. Okay so I'm not necessarily good in anything. ;-; Except music.

Yamaneko
10-26-2005, 01:34 AM
For the next year and a half all I have to take are history classes and a couple electives. I was jumping for joy when I finished my last math class.

Rye
10-26-2005, 01:38 AM
I'm excited for my senior year, I can drop Math if I want to, which I will, since anything I'm planning on doing as a career (something with music or graphic design) really don't need advanced Math. I can also drop Science, which I most likely will do. So in my senior year, the only classes I plan on taking are:

US Government (12th grade History)
English Adv. (I plan on staying in advanced English, since it's easy)
Choral (advanced chorus)
Art AP (advanced art)
Gym (Required, blargh. xD)

rubah
10-26-2005, 01:41 AM
my worst grade is in french (94) and my best grades are in English, and Band (100)

But I enjoy and put the most effort into Math, but don't put any effort at all into history.

I haven't taken PE yet xD I'll have to take it as a senior.

I thought I had my senior year planned out, but there's always something new to get in the way. I have to take English and PE, and band is an obvious yes. But will I take a different ap Art? I don't think so. Will there be a french III? Doubtful. Should I take two sciences? Yes. But who knows.

Rusty
10-26-2005, 01:48 AM
My best subject in school is English, I love English - so it works out well. My best subjects in general would be science and history. I really love both of them as well.

My worst subject would be language.

GooeyToast
10-26-2005, 01:51 AM
My best are probably Algebra II, simply because my teacher never checks my homework (I never do it), and Multimedia

I'm good at most everything except Woodshop and Science.

Jess
10-26-2005, 02:04 AM
My best subjects are Art and GNVQ ICT and English.

My worst is Maths and Science. :(

Yuffie514
10-26-2005, 03:19 AM
...my best subject is English.

and my worst subject is Math...

Shlup
10-26-2005, 03:22 AM
I hate Gym, and it hates me, but I am semi-active during it, so my grade is fine in it. xD
Just wait til you get in college and get to pick your gym. I got yoga and "walking for fitness." xD

nik0tine
10-26-2005, 03:29 AM
English for the win. Physics for the fail.

God physics fucking fails!

bipper
10-26-2005, 03:29 AM
My favorite subjects were compueter science related classes for sure. I only ever did what I enoyed, which basically made me retard myself.

I did the best in english based classes (though I dont show it much around here ;))

My least favorite was math. I cannot stand it; but I can do it when I need to no problems.

My worst was the flawed science of chemestry! :)

Bipper

edit: sorry botu typos, using a very sucky keyboard atm.

Lawr
10-26-2005, 03:33 AM
I like Algebra 1, Phys. Ed, and Computers.

I'm good at all my classes so far.

All my grades are good, but I do not like all of them just those
three.

Kirobaito
10-26-2005, 03:35 AM
English for the win. Physics for the fail.

God physics smurfing fails!
Amen.

FF freak
10-26-2005, 03:36 AM
I hate you, accounting class. English as well. Math came easy enough for me as well as history.

Yumil1988
10-26-2005, 03:41 AM
I'm best at History and horrible at Math. :mog:

Mitch
10-26-2005, 03:42 AM
Best: Music

Worst: History

I don't do maths or any sciences :)

YunaGirl05
10-26-2005, 03:44 AM
I've always have liked and done well in history,geography,gym,performing arts and reading

my least faverite subjects are math and lanuage arts

science is in between sometimes i like it sometimes i don't

Tasura
10-26-2005, 03:45 AM
Physics can die a thousand deaths and still not be dead enough!:mad2:

The Summoner of Leviathan
10-26-2005, 03:45 AM
Best: Anything to do with Math, Science, History, and Humanities in general.
Worst: Language courses and Phys Ed

Same thing goes for university (though I have not taken a math course, yet, or a science course)

I do well in HS Theatre Arts, but actualy Art, I such at...oh and I did well in Multi Media/Digital Tech class...

Greek Myth-Acing *or so he thinks*
Ancient Greek (lang)-doing miserably in

If I put more effort into the latter I would be doing better.

The Captain
10-26-2005, 04:07 AM
I've always been fairly weak in science and have never been a huge fan of math though I still take classes in both despite not needing them for my major. Go figure that out.

I've always excelled in the more creative subjects such as music and acting as well as history and english.

Take care all.

-N-
10-26-2005, 04:10 AM
Funny that, Cap, my strongest subjects are engineering and music.

There's room to be creative anywhere. ;)

The Captain
10-26-2005, 04:14 AM
True enough, true enough indeed!

I suppose I should have been more specific in what I meant. In very general terms, science and math as well as history for the most part stick to a formula or a set of standards while I find I excel in thinking outside of a given formula or standard and approaching things from a variety of angles. Now granted, in anything, you can use your creative side, but I've always felt it easier to be creative with english, music and the arts as opposed to the sciences and the like.

Take care all.

Trumpet Thief
10-26-2005, 04:16 AM
chaos: Biology is my best academic subject. :D

Rubedo: In general, it would have to go to Physical Education. Always something to do in that class...

Rye
10-26-2005, 11:47 AM
Just wait til you get in college and get to pick your gym. I got yoga and "walking for fitness." xD

That sounds awesome. I have no problem with "walking for fitness" I just dislike doing sit ups, push ups, and hanging off a bar for fitness. xD

Loony BoB
10-26-2005, 11:57 AM
I tended to be a Jack of all trades, so I'll do best subjects and worst subjects.

Best Subjects
Physics
Maths with Statistics
Word Processing
Graphics & Design
Geography

Worst Subjects
Maths with Calculus
English
Horticulture
Music

Having said all of that, I never failed any of them. But they were still my worst.

CaZ!
10-26-2005, 11:58 AM
:D = Music ladida
:mad: = Science

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
10-26-2005, 12:33 PM
best: Art, English, History

in the middle: science (particularly to chemistry and biology)

worst: Math (well im ok i just hate calculating stuff in general)

Zeldy
10-26-2005, 01:24 PM
Drama is my favourite subject and Science and French are my worst.
I cant stand French, English is one of my strong subjects though, but that dosn't mean I like it. I have an evil teacher and I've been moved around the room three times :(

fire_of_avalon
10-26-2005, 05:46 PM
I was always good at everything, except Math. Academically, my grades were pretty much straight A's, but any type of math course I struggled in.

Math I hate, but my best classes all through high school were actually history classes. I love english, and I love science, but I had those really amazing teachers for history most of the time. And I could research and have opinions and yay. :)

Spiffing Cheese
10-26-2005, 06:23 PM
I'm best at English and French, and my favourite subjects are English, Biology and Music. My worst subject is Physics. :p Out of the subjects I do, the only ones I dislike are Physics and Geography (god only knows why I chose it for GCSE).

I'm weird, I like and am good at Maths, but I hate and suck at Physics! xD

I'm a good student, my marks are always high. ^_^ *nerd*

themagicroundabout
10-26-2005, 06:31 PM
Well, the subjects i do well in are Art, English, Sociology and...erm...possibly...no thats it.
Then the rest suck, i just cant be bothered with 'em. Especially maths :mad2:

i suck at school :( im too lazy for it really. :mog:

Sasquatch
10-26-2005, 06:41 PM
Good at: Math, Science, (prettymuch anything related to Engineering), Physical Education, English in relation to essays

Bad at: Doing homework, artistic crap (music, art, etc.), English in regards to literature/poems/creativity

Kamiko
10-26-2005, 06:47 PM
I'm best at literature and foreign languages.
And history.
I love reading O-O
I suck at math and CHEMISTRY!
IT NEEDS TO DIEEEZZZZ....
[smily]

Shauna
10-26-2005, 06:59 PM
I'm generally good at all the subjects I do... I dunno what I do best in... *thinks*

The Jamie Star Scenario
10-26-2005, 07:04 PM
I would say I was best at physiology and anatomy and I am worst at biochemistry.

Lord Xehanort
10-26-2005, 07:31 PM
I suppose I should mention that I get A's in everything, but have to struggle for my A in Calculus... and any other math class above Basic Algebra...

However, I get easy A's in All Sciences, All Social Studies, and Choir.

DMKA
10-26-2005, 07:36 PM
I suck at everything, math being the worst.

Spiffing Cheese
10-26-2005, 07:44 PM
I didn't mention that I do a lot better at English language then English literature. English is awesome. ^_^

Sare
10-26-2005, 07:50 PM
I'm my best at English and visual arts also psychology. Worst at...basically everything else, especially Swedish, gosh it's difficult. Luckily I never ever have to study it or maths again \o/
I'm so happy.

Drift
10-26-2005, 09:04 PM
my worse subjects that i'm taking = maths and physics - i need help in these!
best is probably ICT though i need to get off my lazy ass and do some work!

louby_4eva
10-26-2005, 09:32 PM
In high school I was good at maths and it was my favourite subject, I wasn't a big fan of geography though. At college though, I'm not so great at maths (dropped it at the end of the first year) and psychology is the greatest subject I've ever done. :D :D :D

Smile and Be happy :love:

?????
10-28-2005, 01:56 AM
Kirobaito, that's a very odd stance to take, IMO. Physics is basically just applied math, but if you go to school in America, I honestly don't blame you for it; schools here do NOT do a good job of conveying this to kids.

Anyway, my best subjects have historically been math and English. I've done moderately well in the sciences; I have a natural interest in the subject, but for the most part my science teachers have all sucked. I'm a lot better in physics than in chemistry; all my chemistry teachers have been horrible. My high school chem foundation was nothing to write home about due to the fact that all the teacher ever wanted to do was talk about her cats, and the first time I tried to take it in college, the prof expected us to basically know it before we came in. Social studies and foreign languages are my worst subjects, because although social studies utilizes the same kind of sophistry that there is in an English class, it doesn't allow for as much innovation or original thought. I took band for six years and choir for two; I made Region several times between them. I would have stayed with choir, but they didn't let us sing The Sephiroth Song (TM) so they fail. Of course, One-Winged Angel is basically a drinking song for me and my mates, along with the Imperial March and the theme song to the original Power Rangers series.

English of my 10th grade year was funny; I was the teacher's favorite student, and my best friend was her least favorite. She practically wanted to kill him. Made me lol to no end.

Doomie
10-28-2005, 02:03 AM
Math would have to be my best, and Physics my worst...which is funny because I'm such a moron in my math class.

Kirobaito
10-28-2005, 02:08 AM
Kirobaito, that's a very odd stance to take, IMO. Physics is basically just applied math, but if you go to school in America, I honestly don't blame you for it; schools here do NOT do a good job of conveying this to kids.
I know what Physics is, because despite my best efforts, my teacher brings Physics into everything we do, putting an engineering focus on it. My high school is one of the most broad public high schools in terms of engineering that you'll find - Radiation Physics, Electricity and Magnetism, Physics C (Mechanics), Calc II, Ordinary Differential Equations, Multi-V Vector Calc, etc. I honestly just don't think in terms of physics - my mind works in terms of English, not in absolutes, but in terms of gray. I don't think the world can be explained with numbers, so applying math to the real world (physics) really is not a subject I enjoy, even if I am very good at it for some reason.