PDA

View Full Version : Proof of Omega

ShaunOfShadou
10-26-2005, 03:35 AM
Post here if you've earned the "Proof of Omega", and interesting stories about fighting Omega Weapon if you have any.

I came very close to defeat near the end of the battle - Quistis' and Zell's Heroes had worn off and Omega Weapon let loose with his devastating Terra Break attack, killing them both. Luckily, I had everyone draw 100 Full-Life before I boarded Lunatic Pandora, so Squall was able to revive Quistis to full health, who in turn used the Revive ability to bring back Zell. A triple-dose of Aura and a few limit breaks later, Omega Weapon bit the dust. :D

rubah
10-26-2005, 04:01 AM
I abused holy war and didn't save afterwards. When I do it without invincibility, I'll save afterwards. I liked the flashingness.

Lawr
10-26-2005, 04:03 AM
Yes. Not too Interestig of a story.
Just same old strategy,
Meltdown, Aura, Limit Break, Meteor.
(You can draw MEteor on both
the Island Closest to Heaven/Hell.)

Skyblade
10-26-2005, 04:11 AM
Been there, done that, got the T-Shirt (or at least the flashy certificate).

Trumpet Thief
10-26-2005, 04:19 AM
Albedo: *laughs maniacally* We have also earned the proof of Omega.

chaos: There really aren't any stories about it, but, I do remember, I accomplished it about a year and a half ago, when Ultima Shadow was making his "challenges". I beat Omega Weapon doing that challenge, and it was damn hard.

Rubedo: Although, I can't really remember the specifics of what that challenge was. : /

Trowa: *sits and stares and sits and stares*

Christmas
10-26-2005, 04:19 AM
Yes. Not too Interestig of a story.
Just same old strategy,
Meltdown, Aura, Limit Break, Meteor.
(You can draw MEteor on both
the Island Closest to Heaven/Hell.)

Something like this, just react to whatever attack you know it will come next.

Terra Attack - Defend
Light Pillar - Revive
Medigo Flame - Heal.....etc.

GunbladeMaster
10-26-2005, 07:46 AM
Laguna=100 heros
consistently use em
and nothing should happen
also casted Aura when the hero ran out
Squall keeps doing his limit breaks
and Eden
and the rest of the player summon forever

crazybayman
10-26-2005, 12:45 PM
It was all about the "Revive" command and limit breaks, for me. I didn't use any magic. I keep 100 of each stored for junctioning.

Except Haste, which I didn't need for junctioning anyways, because of Triple.

GunbladeMaster
10-26-2005, 05:05 PM
i still dont understand the junction system that well

Captain Maxx Power
10-26-2005, 05:51 PM
I once defeated him before he had a chance to even use Light Pillar. He got as far as his second attack, before I blatted him. I didn't even have to use Holy Wars.

Megalixir
10-31-2005, 02:47 AM
I abused holy war and didn't save afterwards.

I did and have regretted it since. Ultimecia is no challenege.

I fought him with lv 15 squall, 14 quistis, and 14 rinoa (suicide prior to battle, she aws just another step between refreshing squalls command window)

Squall and Quistis both have Initiative
Squall has Auto-Haste, Str+60% and Str+40% (255 str stat)
Squall's HP is in Yellow

Squall uses Holy War
Quistis casts Meltdown
Squall Renzokuken's 4tw, I get 4 Lion Hearts in a row
Quistis reapplies Holy Wars when necessary
Omega dies.

I think I used 3 or 4 Holy Wars.

I died the first time because I went in without using Holy Wars, and the attack that does 9998 damage killed me, because my characters dont have 9999 health. Interesting fight, probably the second most difficult RPG/Action Adventure boss Ive dealt with.

sub zero
10-31-2005, 12:39 PM
what are holy wars what do they do and where can you get some on disk 4 oh and what do you refine to get meltdown?

Russielloyd
10-31-2005, 12:52 PM
All you need is to use is "Lionheart" two or three times or "The End"

Neco Arc
10-31-2005, 03:32 PM
holy war - refine from gilgamish card or refine from 10 holy war trial refined from 100 hero refined from 1000 hero trial refined from 10000 shaman stone refined from 10000 dark matter refined from 10000 dark matter refined from 1000000 curse spikes!!!...

(correct me if the about is wrong)

meltdown can be refined from mystery fluid i think...

GunbladeMaster
10-31-2005, 04:22 PM
Holy Wars make alll party members invincible
Heros make 1 person invincible (mwahahahahaha)

just get the laguna card from Ellone and refine it to get 100 heros
change 10 into 1 holy War
even 1 holy war is enough

Draw Meltdowns from:

Bomb
Gayla
Elastoid

yes mystery fluid refines into meltdowns

U can also get meltdowns in ultimecias castle...art gallery

Zell>Everything
10-31-2005, 04:50 PM
I just relied on Rinoa Zell and Squall. I used no Holy Wars- just entered the fight with low health and slapped some Invincible Moon in there. Then just let Squall and Zell go to town. Zell, by the way, can do more damage with his limit break that the Renzokuken, if correctly implemented. Second time through when I defeated Omega, it was barely a challenge at all. But I love FFVIII ^_^
Unfortunately it causes me physical pain to refine down my wonderful cards, so I can never bring myself to do it.

GunbladeMaster
10-31-2005, 05:01 PM
i know
i hated to Refine those cards i worked so hard to get :cry:

Ultima Shadow
10-31-2005, 05:19 PM
chaos: There really aren't any stories about it, but, I do remember, I accomplished it about a year and a half ago, when Ultima Shadow was making his "challenges". I beat Omega Weapon doing that challenge, and it was damn hard.Yeah, that was darn tough. :cool:

By the way... these were the rules for the challange: Only command junctioning, no status increasing junctioning allowed etc. Only the first and least powerful weapons. No refining, thus no 100 hero's from the Laguna card etc. And also, never draw in battle... which means that you only got a very limmited amount of GFs.

Neco Arc
11-01-2005, 12:47 AM
whats command junctioning? anyway for the otherstuff its possible... just make sure to have zell and rinoa in your party then and well defend...

zell for his cheap combos
rinoa for angel wing

Ultima Shadow
11-01-2005, 01:18 AM
whats command junctioning?By "command junctioning" I mean that you're only allowed to junction actual commands that can be used in battle like "Item", "GF", "Magic", "Defend" and "Mad Rush" etc.

Hambone
11-01-2005, 01:19 AM
Post here if you've earned the "Proof of Omega", and interesting stories about fighting Omega Weapon if you have any.

I came very close to defeat near the end of the battle - Quistis' and Zell's Heroes had worn off and Omega Weapon let loose with his devastating Terra Break attack, killing them both. Luckily, I had everyone draw 100 Full-Life before I boarded Lunatic Pandora, so Squall was able to revive Quistis to full health, who in turn used the Revive ability to bring back Zell. A triple-dose of Aura and a few limit breaks later, Omega Weapon bit the dust. :D
I beat him! Ultima weapon was harder! Anyway, I followed most of the strategy guide's tips, like put yourself on invincible, but mainly I just did this: Quistis-healer, Zell-attacker/healer, Squall-attacker. I had Lion Heart btw. I just casted haste and aura... and mighty guard on everyone! I healed when needed and used limit breaks. A very easy fight,it was.

Ultima Shadow
11-01-2005, 01:22 AM
Ultima weapon was harder!*gives lulu's moogle the "intelligent FFVIII player award"*

ThroneofDravaris
11-01-2005, 01:28 AM
*gives lulu's moogle the "intelligent FFVIII player award"*

No, if you’re intelligent, you’ll fight Ultima Weapon at a low level, so he’s easier…

rubah
11-01-2005, 01:37 AM
Or just slice him up fast after drawing eden.

Ultima weapon was a shorter fight and I only ever reset becaues I beat him before I could draw eden:P

Hambone
11-01-2005, 01:45 AM
I'm intelligant!

G SpOtZ
11-01-2005, 02:02 AM
hahah..."i'm intelligent!" lol...

anyway, i haven't beaten omega yet. haven't even fought him yet. i gotta get that that...

Ultima Shadow
11-01-2005, 02:20 AM
No, if you’re intelligent, you’ll fight Ultima Weapon at a low level, so he’s easier…No, if you're intelligent you don't ruin all the fun in the game by not leveling up.

*gives ThroneofDravaris the stupid poster award*

rubah
11-01-2005, 02:24 AM
mm, double negatives.

"If you're intelligent you ruin the fun by levelling up"

so smart people make games not fun? @_@

Ultima Shadow
11-01-2005, 02:29 AM
mm, double negatives.

"If you're intelligent you ruin the fun by levelling up"

so smart people make games not fun? @_@
Argh... I'm tired, ok? You know what I mean! :p

ThroneofDravaris
11-01-2005, 03:03 AM
No, if you're intelligent you don't ruin all the fun in the game by not leveling up.

*gives ThroneofDravaris the stupid poster award*

At least I don’t use holy wars and ‘The End’…

And besides, I was level 49 when I fought him. That’s hardly a ‘low level’.

Ultima Shadow
11-01-2005, 03:45 AM
At least I don’t use holy wars and ‘The End’…

And besides, I was level 49 when I fought him. That’s hardly a ‘low level’.Awww, just be quiet! Ultima Weapon is overall harder than Omega, end of discussion! :p

xD

Neco Arc
11-01-2005, 04:20 AM
Awww, just be quiet! Ultima Weapon is overall harder than Omega, end of discussion! :p

xD

I find that quite hard to believe...

ThroneofDravaris
11-01-2005, 04:39 AM
Awww, just be quiet! Ultima Weapon is overall harder than Omega, end of discussion! :p

xD

If you fight them both at high levels, fully equipped, Omega Weapon is harder due to its much higher HP. No matter how random Ultima’s attacks are, it doesn’t make up for the fact that one Lion Heart will always take it out.

If you fight them at low level, without equipment (or more basic equipment) or Junctioning…Omega is STILL harder, or undefeatable to be precise.

.: Omega>Ultima.

Note that I’m not talking about some sort of insane challenge in which you fight them both blind folded here. How you managed to do that is beyond me…

Neco Arc
11-01-2005, 04:42 AM
one cheap combo from zell can also kill ultimate weapon unlike maybe 5 to 8 for omega

Ultima Shadow
11-01-2005, 04:58 AM
If you fight them both at high levels, fully equipped, Omega Weapon is harder due to its much higher HP. No matter how random Ultima’s attacks are, it doesn’t make up for the fact that one Lion Heart will always take it out.But you may not get in any Lion Hearts. Also with Armagedon Fists, Omega's HP hardly matters and he will die before he hardly even gets to do anything at all. Ultima Weapons high speed may actually let him do SOMETHING before you pull off your Armagedon Fists.

without equipment (or more basic equipment) or Junctioning…Omega is STILL harder, or undefeatable to be precise.If you don't include the thing about levels, that's sooo not true!

Completely without ANY junctioning and without upgraded weapons, the easiest way is to use The End. It's cheat in my opinion, yes, but we're not talking about what I think is right or wrong to do, right? And since Omega's slower and always starts off with Level 5 Death which can be avoided, you're given more time to get The End in the battle against Omega than in the battle against Ultima where 1 singel Quake may finish off your entire party before you even can do anything at all.

.: Omega>Ultima.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Note that I’m not talking about some sort of insane challenge in which you fight them both blind folded here. How you managed to do that is beyond me…
Patience, knowledge, timing and a cup of tea. ;)

Ok, just so that you know. I always have and always will refuse to agree that Omega is harder than Ultima, no matter what. :)

one cheap combo from zell can also kill ultimate weapon unlike maybe 5 to 8 for omega
Sorry but I really can't see how this makes Omega HARDER. It only makes him take a little longer to beat, but he's not tougher in any way. Also, Ultima Weapon is STILL faster than Omega, nuff said. And Omega's first 2 moves are pretty useless... and he's dead before he can use his third.

Neco Arc
11-01-2005, 05:18 AM
you've got to be kidding me... Though i dont use armagedons fist, it still can't kill omega that easily... he will still around 8 to 10 turns left before he will cast terra break on you, and if you dont have defend or holy/hero then youre practically screwed. Ultimate weapon may be fast but his moves are not as deadly... except for light pillar which hits one person for 9999 damage... however you can counter it with life, full life, phoenix down and then cast curaga or restore, or elixer etc...

about the junctioning its very hard (emphasis on hard) but possible to beat omega/ultimate weapon without junctioning magic to your stats... if you have squall even without his ultimate weapon, simply use rough divide all time, with aura on all your characters; omega/ultimate weapon being meltdowned; zell doing armaggedon fist, and rinoa in angel wing form, having no magic in her stock except meteor then its possible to win, if you defend at the right times, and have a lot of life items... (however a challenge which includes no magic use especially aura and meltdown would be even more harder)

I don't use armagadon fist but another combo involving heel drop, and booya, and an ocassional punch rush when starting...

ThroneofDravaris
11-01-2005, 05:24 AM
But you may not get in any Lion Hearts. Also with Armagedon Fists, Omega's HP hardly matters and he will die before he hardly even gets to do anything at all. Ultima Weapons high speed may actually let him do SOMETHING before you pull off your Armagedon Fists.

The problem with Armageddon Fists is that you’re not always going to get a ludicrous amount of time to pull it off. This means that Omega has an advantage over Ultima when it comes to this combo, since he has much higher HP.

If you don't include the thing about levels, that's sooo not true!

Then include levels…

Ultima Shadow
11-01-2005, 05:30 AM
you've got to be kidding me... Though i dont use armagedons fist, it still can't kill omega that easily... he will still around 8 to 10 turns left before he will cast terra break on you, and if you dont have defend or holy/hero then youre practically screwed. Ultimate weapon may be fast but his moves are not as deadly... except for light pillar which hits one person for 9999 damage... however you can counter it with life, full life, phoenix down and then cast curaga or restore, or elixer etc...Zell: 1 HP + Aura= atleast 10 second Duel= 6 hits for 9999 a second= 10x6=60x9999= almost 600,000 dammage. 2 Duels will be enough if you're good at it.

about the junctioning its very hard (emphasis on hard) but possible to beat omega/ultimate weapon without junctioning magic to your stats... if you have squall even without his ultimate weapon, simply use rough divide all time, with aura on all your characters; omega/ultimate weapon being meltdowned; zell doing armaggedon fist, and rinoa in angel wing form, having no magic in her stock except meteor then its possible to win, if you defend at the right times, and have a lot of life items... (however a challenge which includes no magic use especially aura and meltdown would be even more harder)

I don't use armagadon fist but another combo involving heel drop, and booya, and an ocassional punch rush when starting...
Geez, like I mentioned earlier I HAVE beaten them both with only command junctioning, the least powerful weapons, limmited GFs and all that stuff. And Rough Divide is NOT the way to go, neither is Armagedon Fists. 2 Characters (Quistis and Irvine are far more useful than Squall and Zell) are far too busy trying to make the party survive while Rinoa is using Angel Wings, to do any serious dammage on Omega at all.

I said "NO JUNCTIONING AT ALL", then The End is the only guaranteed way to actually work if you're limmited in stats, weapons and all that stuff too.

The problem with Armageddon Fists is that you’re not always going to get a ludicrous amount of time to pull it off. This means that Omega has an advantage over Ultima when it comes to this combo, since he has much higher HP.The time only varies a little. It depends a lot on Zell's current status. If he has 1 Hp + Aura, he's guaranteed to get about 10-12 seconds.

Since Omega's permanently on level 100, we should only count level 100 Ultima as well. Otherwise it's UNFAIR!!! *runs off and cries in a corner*

Neco Arc
11-01-2005, 08:49 AM
i dont think zell can do 9999 each hit in the chain even if he is 1 hp and on aura. but his time to do combos is increased if that is the case than there is no point to using meltdown if you have zell in your team. [when you imply this there is an assumption that Ultimicia would have a higher defence as after she does hell's judgement and brings your hp to 1 and you are aura/ed, you still only do about 4000 to 5000 each hit (with an occasional 9999)] if your str is already maxed out. i think you have not included the fact that luck defines critical hits (therefore 9999) which IMO is near impossible to achieve if your don't use luck+50%

when i mean using magic, it does not need to be junctioned to your stats but can be lefted in your magic stockpile as in the case of rinoa. for example if you leave only meteor in your stockpile with rinoa, while squall and zell have defend that its possible, if rinoa is dead, quicky revive, restore, aura and then kick omega's behind (you need to have a lot of items and i dont include hero or holy war)... and i dont think omega is permanently at lvl 100 otherwise versing him at lvl 90 would be say better than at level 50... and the end is near impossible to do on a pc, without hacking

Ultima Shadow
11-01-2005, 12:00 PM
i dont think zell can do 9999 each hit in the chain even if he is 1 hp and on aura. but his time to do combos is increased if that is the case than there is no point to using meltdown if you have zell in your team. [when you imply this there is an assumption that Ultimicia would have a higher defence as after she does hell's judgement and brings your hp to 1 and you are aura/ed, you still only do about 4000 to 5000 each hit (with an occasional 9999)] if your str is already maxed out. i think you have not included the fact that luck defines critical hits (therefore 9999) which IMO is near impossible to achieve if your don't use luck+50%Once again, you're wrong. It's easy to get Zell's strength to 255 and get in a meltdown with "other character#1" and then Aura with "other character#2" before doing Duel with Zell. Every non-critical hit will do more than 8000 dammage. The thing is... the "hit" status, not only the luck status increases the chanse of getting critical hits. It's easy to max both strength and hit AND get a high Luck, resulting in almost only critical hits. So most of your hits would do 9999 while a few would do 8000+ dammage. Ok, maybe you actually would need to do 3 Duels if you're not fast enough, but with good speed and haste, you'll be able to do 3 Duels before Omega even gets to do his second move.

when i mean using magic, it does not need to be junctioned to your stats but can be lefted in your magic stockpile as in the case of rinoa. for example if you leave only meteor in your stockpile with rinoa, while squall and zell have defend that its possible, if rinoa is dead, quicky revive, restore, aura and then kick omega's behind (you need to have a lot of items and i dont include hero or holy war)... and i dont think omega is permanently at lvl 100 otherwise versing him at lvl 90 would be say better than at level 50... and the end is near impossible to do on a pc, without hackingI won't repeat myself. And in the PS version, Omega's permanent at level 100. If he actually is at lower levels in the PC version, then man... he must be EVEN easier! Then Ultima probably beats Omega when you fight them with a low-level party too.

Neco Arc
11-01-2005, 12:19 PM
Once again, you're wrong. It's easy to get Zell's strength to 255 and get in a meltdown with "other character#1" and then Aura with "other character#2" before doing Duel with Zell. Every non-critical hit will do more than 8000 dammage. The thing is... the "hit" status, not only the luck status increases the chanse of getting critical hits. It's easy to max both strength and hit AND get a high Luck, resulting in almost only critical hits. So most of your hits would do 9999 while a few would do 8000+ dammage. Ok, maybe you actually would need to do 3 Duels if you're not fast enough, but with good speed and haste, you'll be able to do 3 Duels before Omega even gets to do his second move.

I thought this was without junctioning - hmm... how can you get almost max stats without junctioning... do you refine stuff to get bonus ups? oh and how can you get high luck? I find it really hard...

I won't repeat myself. And in the PS version, Omega's permanent at level 100. If he actually is at lower levels in the PC version, then man... he must be EVEN easier! Then Ultima probably beats Omega when you fight them with a low-level party too.

well no... his level rises in conjuction with the average lvl of my party
hence when i first played ff8 and i leveled up to 100 (because i thought leveling up was like that other FFs) and beat him; he was as hard when my characters were around level 62...

Ultima Shadow
11-01-2005, 12:39 PM
I thought this was without junctioning - hmm... how can you get almost max stats without junctioning... do you refine stuff to get bonus ups? oh and how can you get high luck? I find it really hard...
AAARGH! No, THIS was about how to kick their asses with a "maxed" party! *sigh* :rolleyes2

well no... his level rises in conjuction with the average lvl of my party
hence when i first played ff8 and i leveled up to 100 (because i thought leveling up was like that other FFs) and beat him; he was as hard when my characters were around level 62...
*gives Necro Arc the "most confusing member of the year" award*

Neco Arc
11-01-2005, 12:45 PM
ok to make this simple
a) nearly impossible to max all stats including speed, evade, hit rate for all characters and luck
b) to get nearly every move done by zell to 8000 and over would require high luck and you said hit rate so, hit rate
c) lvl 100 vs omega - very hard
lvl 62 vs omega - very hard

that about sums it up i think...

Christmas
11-01-2005, 02:18 PM
Just for references purposes only..please dun start any arguments....

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a155/Unknowns2/Omega.jpg

But I do agree Ultima Weapon had higher stats than Omega Weapon when it is level 100 but this does not include HP.

And you can easily get kill by Light Pillars if your spd stats is low or you just goof around.

ThroneofDravaris
11-01-2005, 02:24 PM
Considering how much crap you have to go though to fight it, I’m surprised they bothered with that last part…

Ultima Shadow
11-01-2005, 04:21 PM
ok to make this simple
a) nearly impossible to max all stats including speed, evade, hit rate for all characters and luck
b) to get nearly every move done by zell to 8000 and over would require high luck and you said hit rate so, hit rate
c) lvl 100 vs omega - very hard
lvl 62 vs omega - very hard

that about sums it up i think...
Not really. What you just said only proves how little you know about this game.

Nearly impossible? No, it's pretty simpel, really. The only thing you can't max just like that with junctioning is Luck. And luck really doesn't need to be maxed.

No, it only require 255 str and that you've used Meltdown on Omega. That's how simpel it is. With high luck and hit, you'll get more criticals, though resulting in 9999 dammage rather than a little above 8000. But even if you never get any critical strikes, 8000 dammage is still much per hit and max 3 Duels should be enough to finish Omega.

Very hard? No battle in this game is even "hard". Omega's a pushover and so is every other boss in the entire game.

Unknowns:
1) There's a difference between being strong and being hard. :p

2) Also, at level 100, Ultima Weapons "strength" status is higher than Omegas thus the thing about Omega being "stronger" doesn't make sense at all. :D

Christmas
11-01-2005, 04:47 PM
Unknowns:
1) There's a difference between being strong and being hard. :p

2) Also, at level 100, Ultima Weapons "strength" status is higher than Omegas thus the thing about Omega being "stronger" doesn't make sense at all. :D

Ya, we should go tell them how misleading that info is. :D

Anyway, I think they are trying to tell the overall expertly in combat of Omega Weapon compared to Ultima Weapon. Since Omega Weapon got various deadly skills like the infamous "Terra Break".

Not necessary the stats or who is harder.

Ultima Shadow
11-01-2005, 04:59 PM
Ya, we should go tell them how misleading that info is. :D

Anyway, I think they are trying to tell the overall expertly in combat of Omega Weapon compared to Ultima Weapon. Since Omega Weapon got various deadly skills like the infamous "Terra Break".

Not necessary the stats or who is harder.True. Omega's overall moveset is "stronger". But the fact that he uses them in such a predictable way and that you can negate their effectiveness makes them pretty useless compared to Ultima Weapon's Light Pillar spamming.

Final edit: Since it seems like I got the last word in this debate, I hereby declare myself as the winner of this thread. *wins*