PDA

View Full Version : Opinions what FFX-2 is Lacking

Omi4000
10-26-2005, 10:13 AM
I think in comparing ffx-2 to ffx its lacking alot of things and i want your opinions what its lacking i think not being able to play proper blitzball sucks:mad2: :mad2:

ThroneofDravaris
10-26-2005, 11:03 AM
To put it simply, the game is lacking in maturity. It’s not the entire game, but enough of it to make it intolerable to play. I mean really, there are games aimed at young children that aren’t as childish as this! They made Brother a main character, despite the fact that he is very possibly ‘the’ most annoying character to ever grace a FF game. They tried to make Paine badass (aka Auron with breasts), but failed dismally.

And really, games/shows featuring an all-female cast do not have to be like this! Bubblegum Crisis: Tokyo 2040 not only has 3 women in the lead roles, but also includes another of those ‘childish’ stereotypical women. Yet the reason BGC works and FFX-2 doesn’t, is because while there is one character that acts like a 5 year old, the others are sensible, mature human beings. Ironically, the only one of the main cast that doesn’t act like a child is Shinra.

Strange, apart from this I don’t have much of a problem with X-2 (apart from the fact that FFX never needed a sequel, thus it should never have been made). However, this is HUGE flaw in the game, which unfortunately makes it one of the worst FFs, thus deserving of my spite.

Also, its fans are almost all idiots that can’t put a sentence together.

Primus Inter Pares
10-26-2005, 11:08 AM
...a good game.

Destai
10-26-2005, 04:23 PM
Also, its fans are almost all idiots that can’t put a sentence together.X-2 fan girls are too damn good for you : p

GunbladeMaster
10-26-2005, 05:10 PM
the game was enjoyable
just not up to "the" FF standards

BG-57
10-26-2005, 05:28 PM
For me the most fundamental failure is of tone. It feels less like a sequel and more like a time warp where some familiar characters are placed in a new world. I mean the physical elements of FFX are there, but the feel is completely different.

Which brings me to Yuna. She seems like a completely different person than the shy demure but strong willed Summoner from FFX. At least Rikku was always bouncy and perky. And Paine brings a nice counterbalance to the overly cheerful characters. She reminds me of the role Auron played in FFX.

The dresspheres are a nice touch though, although the costumes are mostly not to my taste. I liked the idea of characters changing jobs and appearance like in FFV and FF Tactics.

I guess that it was a sequel worked more against than for it. I would have liked it more with completely original characters.

BlackRibon
10-26-2005, 05:32 PM
It's a nice game, but comparing to all others ffs, X-2 sucks in absolutely everything. For me it's the worst ff.

Venom
10-26-2005, 05:53 PM
I kinda liked the game, does that make me an idiot:mad:

boys from the dwarf
10-26-2005, 07:13 PM
the game was enjoyable
just not up to "the" FF standards
i agree but its still one of my least favourite games and definetly my least favourite FF.

Omi4000
10-26-2005, 08:26 PM
i thought it was a big retarded because its pretty hard to understand

GunbladeMaster
10-26-2005, 08:29 PM

the story!?

Old Manus
10-26-2005, 08:54 PM
FFX-2 was lacking gameplay. Nope, none of that there

boys from the dwarf
10-26-2005, 09:07 PM
if you mean the storyline i might kill me*points fork at head.*.compared to other FFs the story is simple and straight forward.if you have troubles understanding the point in making this game, i understand

GunbladeMaster
10-26-2005, 09:10 PM
wats so complex about the story line?
Evil dude tries to use big machine to destroy world
3 hot sluts decide to stop him
they win
the end

Venom
10-26-2005, 09:56 PM
2 hot sluts, paine isnt really a slut, as much as.........never mind.....

GunbladeMaster
10-26-2005, 09:58 PM
i know what u mean ;)

Venom
10-26-2005, 10:09 PM
ah, then i dont have to point it out then;)

Omi4000
10-26-2005, 10:45 PM
your a funny guy [i like cake]

Old Manus
10-26-2005, 10:47 PM
The last few posts define the FFX-2 forum.

Skyblade
10-26-2005, 11:45 PM
Things FFX-2 lacked:

Good music: Apart from 1000 Words and Real Emotion, the music of X-2 was junk. The battle theme was particularly bad.

Auron: Ok, not Auron specifically, but mature, serious characters were needed. And Paine did not fit that roll.

Russielloyd
10-27-2005, 12:34 AM
It lacked playable male characters and the Chocobo song that we know and love.

Omi4000
10-27-2005, 08:27 AM
no desent male characters no males you can fight with only girls when i got it i thought it was a girls game and it said lulu had aurons sword and wakka was in a blitzball camp

Venom
10-27-2005, 11:47 AM
Lulu had aurons sword alright:love:

The Calm
10-28-2005, 02:25 AM
No way, that game was too mad! My eyes bled!

Primus Inter Pares
10-28-2005, 07:19 AM
Now, what is the FFX-2 forum lacking?

Omi4000
10-28-2005, 08:11 AM
all the ones u make

Primus Inter Pares
10-28-2005, 08:15 AM
The above post (not the content, but how it's conveyed) sums it up brilliantly.

Omi4000
10-28-2005, 08:17 AM
turn your frown upside down [duuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhh!]

ThroneofDravaris
10-28-2005, 10:51 AM
...win

DynasticJam
10-28-2005, 09:10 PM
I kinda liked the game, does that make me an idiot:mad:

I'm on your side v.e.n.o.m! I loved FFX-2, I don't think it was lacking anything, I just think that FFX had more to it! I'm no idiot, and anyone who thinks that people like FFX-2 are idiots, are pathetic scum. I like FFX-2, i find it enjoyable and it carries on the story, it's the story of the future of spira, it cleans up the ending in FFX. Without it, people would be complaining! I think, and so do many others, that FFX-2 is a great game, and it lets you explore spira a bit more than in FFX!

Russielloyd
10-29-2005, 03:20 AM
BUT THE CHOCOBO SONG WASNT IN IT! you cant have a FF game and not have the classic chocobo tune in the game.

raskerino
10-29-2005, 03:30 AM
I'm on your side v.e.n.o.m! I loved FFX-2, I don't think it was lacking anything, I just think that FFX had more to it! I'm no idiot, and anyone who thinks that people like FFX-2 are idiots, are pathetic scum. I like FFX-2, i find it enjoyable and it carries on the story, it's the story of the future of spira, it cleans up the ending in FFX. Without it, people would be complaining! I think, and so do many others, that FFX-2 is a great game, and it lets you explore spira a bit more than in FFX!

There (ToD) not saying that liking FFx-2 makes you stupid, hes; saying that thid forum is filled with horrible grammar+spelling, utterly nonsensical statements and many other problems as exemplified by the posts he was pointing out. And second of all while I did like FFX-2 a lot less people would complain if it hadn't been made. FFX's story was mostly wrapped up (except maybe the people disbelieving that Sin had been destroyed forever after having it there so long, with no proof it was now gone but FFX-2 didn't clear this up at all) and FFX-2's story had very little connection and didn't need to be there for X's to work. It was not a good storyline. The gameplay was fun, the game was fun but no one said that liking it made you an idiot they just said that this forum is filled with nothing posts.

DynasticJam
10-29-2005, 08:48 AM
There (ToD) not saying that liking FFx-2 makes you stupid, hes; saying that thid forum is filled with horrible grammar+spelling, utterly nonsensical statements and many other problems as exemplified by the posts he was pointing out. And second of all while I did like FFX-2 a lot less people would complain if it hadn't been made. FFX's story was mostly wrapped up (except maybe the people disbelieving that Sin had been destroyed forever after having it there so long, with no proof it was now gone but FFX-2 didn't clear this up at all) and FFX-2's story had very little connection and didn't need to be there for X's to work. It was not a good storyline. The gameplay was fun, the game was fun but no one said that liking it made you an idiot they just said that this forum is filled with nothing posts.

Okay then, but I still think that people would complain even in FFX-2 didnt come out! I mean Square Enix have worked hard to make FFX-2, it was not rushed, the have recrafted the characters and spira, I think it was a good idea, and I stand by what I say!

ThroneofDravaris
10-29-2005, 08:54 AM
Okay then, but I still think that people would complain even in FFX-2 didnt come out!

…That makes sense. Because there are still lots of people complaining about FFIV-2. I mean that was the worst game that doesn’t actually exist ever!

I mean Square Enix have worked hard to make FFX-2, it was not rushed, the have recrafted the characters and spira, I think it was a good idea, and I stand by what I say!

And you will also notice that barely anyone is complaining about the graphics or design of the game, but rather the terrible script and pathetic character development.

Tai-Ti
10-29-2005, 10:17 AM
My unfazed opinion on the game and what it was missing:
I didn't hate it, but it wasn't my fave game either, scrpit was a bit bad, and the thing shouldn't have been made up of so many side quests, and they shouldda let you seen the proper ending without %100! I don't think it was bad, deffinately no FF game like it.

Praetor Fayth
10-29-2005, 11:04 AM
I know most of the people hate this game but for me it was the best!

Omi4000
10-29-2005, 04:17 PM
ffx-2 was rushed they just wanted it out and if they make ffx-3 it probobly will be rushed to

Infuriated_X
10-29-2005, 04:31 PM
Also, its fans are almost all idiots that can’t put a sentence together.
It's true just look at YunaBraska19 i could understand a wetback better then that idiot.

Omi4000
10-29-2005, 04:49 PM
lol

Infuriated_X
10-29-2005, 05:17 PM
^See people even agree with me LMAO. I wonder why she got banned?

ThroneofDravaris
10-29-2005, 05:22 PM
She made a thread about how the mods here are complete f@#$ heads, or something to that effect.

Infuriated_X
10-29-2005, 05:26 PM
:eek: she ether has alot of balls or she's a complete retard. Na i'll say she's a complete retard.

DynasticJam
10-29-2005, 05:46 PM
Have I missed something, isn't Yunabraska banned, how come?

Infuriated_X
10-29-2005, 05:50 PM
She made a thread about how the mods here are complete f@#$ heads, or something to that effect.

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
10-29-2005, 05:54 PM
I agree with this :up:

GunbladeMaster
10-29-2005, 05:56 PM

that was a fun one sentence long-thread to read :)

Infuriated_X
10-29-2005, 07:07 PM
What did she say in that one sentence? And what triggered it?

GunbladeMaster
10-29-2005, 07:10 PM
i know the reason but i cant tell u
thats between me and another user

it was a long sentence with bad grammar that is gone forever in this Forum
u shudda been there

Venom
10-29-2005, 10:51 PM
I saw it, I didnt reply cause that is what she wanted us to do.

DynasticJam
10-29-2005, 10:56 PM
Is the thread still on these forums?

GunbladeMaster
10-29-2005, 11:04 PM
no

but the real reason why she did it in the first place was because of a stupid comment

Venom
10-29-2005, 11:09 PM
Theres really no point to make a "i hate the staff" thread cause it just gets deleted anyway.

DynasticJam
10-29-2005, 11:47 PM
I feel a bit sorry for her actually, I can understand why she done it, but I suppose that it wasn't a nice thing to say!

GunbladeMaster
10-29-2005, 11:51 PM
like i said the real reason of why she did it is top secret
i mean she did make a im sorry thread a half hour before she made the f everyone thread

Venom
10-30-2005, 12:49 AM
I feel a bit sorry for her actually, I can understand why she done it, but I suppose that it wasn't a nice thing to say!

why?

DynasticJam
10-30-2005, 12:52 AM
Because 1) shes been banned and 2) shes probably a sweet girl! (I hope she reads this!)

Venom
10-30-2005, 01:01 AM
she was banned?

they should only unban her if she's hot.

DynasticJam
10-30-2005, 01:03 AM
she was banned?

they should only unban her if she's hot.

Too right!

Prancing Mad
10-30-2005, 01:35 AM
It's not lacking. The problem is the extreme 12-year old girl powerness of it. I couldn't stand to play it for more than like 30 minutes. At least Rikku's the ultimate digi-babe

ThroneofDravaris
10-30-2005, 01:51 AM
Because 1) shes been banned and 2) shes probably a sweet girl! (I hope she reads this!)

Yeah, because you know, nice people are all about telling others to f@#$ themselves.

Yuna Braska 19 does not require your sympathy. She was pathetic fool, who couldn’t hack the fact that people hated her favorite game. I hope she reads THAT.

Christmas
10-30-2005, 01:55 AM
EDIT: Why dun we just give Yuna Braska 19 a break since she is already banned and is gone for good....:kaodrop:

Venom
10-30-2005, 01:57 AM
whos gone for good?

ThroneofDravaris
10-30-2005, 01:08 AM
EDIT: Why dun we just give Yuna Braska 19 a break since she is already banned and is gone for good....:kaodrop:

Fine, but I’m not going to pretend she was anything other than a nuisance.

Destai
10-30-2005, 01:11 AM
I thought she was nice.Im sure you'd rant a little if you met your evengelion hating opposite ToD.

FFGuevara
10-30-2005, 01:13 AM
Yeah, because you know, nice people are all about telling others to f@#$ themselves.

Yuna Braska 19 does not require your sympathy. She was pathetic fool, who couldn’t hack the fact that people hated her favorite game. I hope she reads THAT.
Agreed.

Omi4000
10-30-2005, 01:18 AM
Agreed.

amen to that

ThroneofDravaris
10-30-2005, 01:36 AM
I_thought_she_was_nice.Im_sure_you'd_rant_a_little_if_you_met_your_evengelion_hating_opposite_ToD.

...It's called a 'space bar'.

I've met several people who hate Evangelion. The difference is when I rant on about it, I:

A) Ask them why they feel the way they do about the series (to which I often get the answer, ‘it didn’t make sense’)
B) Logically explain to them why they I feel they are wrong. Key word there being ‘logically’, so in other words not ‘IT MOR COMPLEX AND GOODER THAN U SES WIBBLE GAFIBLE!’
C) I try to use more than one sentence for long answers.
D) I don’t use ‘><’ as a sign of disapproval.
E) I don’t get annoyed when someone disagrees with my opinion, as long as they have logical reasoning as to why.

Finally, and he’s the big one:

F) I don’t make threads about how much I ‘HATE THIS FUCKING FORUM’ when people disagree with me.

Destai
10-30-2005, 01:46 AM
...It's called a 'space bar'.Its broken>Who the Hell enjoys typing like this?

Some stuff you saidYeah thats great but if they made a habit of insulting it as you do often when it comes to X-2 Im sure you'd be annoyed.You dont seem too impressed with X-2's fans either. If someone wittier than you made fun of evangelion then you'd be pissed. If you disagree you are lieing.

Finally, and he’s the big one:

F) I don’t make threads about how much I ‘HATE THIS smurfING FORUM’ when people disagree with me.We totally need more of those threads. But yeah X-2 fans take enough crap but you wouldnt know-anything about)that would you?

Fire_Emblem776
10-30-2005, 01:46 AM
rikku acts less mature

FFGuevara
10-30-2005, 01:54 AM
impre ssed
Didnt you say your space bar was broken?

Destai
10-30-2005, 01:59 AM
Didnt you say your space bar was broken?The forum settings-fix that automatically. I noticed it myself but Im not sure how it works.And dont suggest Im enjoying this crap.

ThroneofDravaris
10-30-2005, 02:12 AM
Its_broken>Who_the_Hell_enjoys_typing_like_this?
Lol, how did it break down? And when you’re in the FFX-2 forum, people do all kinds of stupid crap like that. I thought it was some kind of new fad…

Yeah thats great but if they made a habit of insulting it as you do often when it comes to X-2 Im sure you'd be annoyed. You dont seem too impressed with X-2's fans either. If someone wittier than you made fun of evangelion then you'd be pissed. If you disagree you are lieing.

I must say I SERIOUSLY doubt that if people started to point out the flaws in Evangelion (which are A LOT harder to find than the ones in X-2), I would lose it the way she did. I would probably get a little irritated if they couldn’t come up with logical reasoning as to why they hated the series. Even so, I wouldn’t then try to prove them wrong by acting like a complete moron. I’m not saying that all Eva fans would act this way mind you, there are some REAL idiots in amongst that fan base…

We totally need more of those threads. But yeah X-2 fans take enough crap but you wouldnt know anything about that would you?

Hey, it’s not as if I don’t give them a chance to fight back. If they can come up evidence that I am completely and utterly incorrect about my assumptions on both X-2 and its fan base, then they might be able to get me to shut up about it. Instead, they come up with This (http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68710).

I especially love the part where she tells everyone that they are wrong before anyone has posted.

Destai
10-30-2005, 02:20 AM
Well I've said all I wanted to say anyway and thanks for the link,Im sure it will make)great bedtime reading
Lol, how did it break down? *attatches* (the picture is my secret revenge)

ThroneofDravaris
10-30-2005, 02:22 AM
I see...

FFGuevara
10-30-2005, 02:29 AM
Who is that?

Destai
10-30-2005, 02:31 AM
Who is that?
The one on the right is my cousin. The one on left is her cousin. I didnt think anyone could hack a computer while drunk. I was so naiive.

Omi4000
10-30-2005, 02:48 AM
ok i'll o back to happyland now

Destai
10-30-2005, 02:51 AM
No wait.The One on the right is my cousin. The one on the left is my cousins cousin.

Omi4000
10-30-2005, 05:15 AM
w/e

Dark Knight34
11-08-2005, 02:34 AM
more seriousness

Gnostic Yevon
11-08-2005, 03:26 AM
Okay then, but I still think that people would complain even in FFX-2 didnt come out! I mean Square Enix have worked hard to make FFX-2, it was not rushed, the have recrafted the characters and spira, I think it was a good idea, and I stand by what I say!

I really don't think they worked all that hard to make it.

One really glaring example of how they rushed it. When you start the New Game in FFX, you start in Zanarkand. Pay close attention to the people in the shot, especially the two kids who say "Teach us how to Blitz!". If you go to Luca to play spherebreak, you can challenge these kids dispite the logic involved They're dreams of the Fayth. And there was another guy in grey who turns up in the FMV of Zanarkand at Seymore's place. It's like the developers of 10-2 couldn't be bothered to make sure that the sprites all fit.

Also the game was horribly unbalanced. As in the bosses before the Final Boss were a good 20+ levels above the Final Boss (so you could knock him off with only normal attacks, without even needing to heal). There were places where the monsters were nigh on impossible and others where they were so easy it was 1-hit monster dies.

The story just seemed stupid at some places. There was a rescue Wakka mission at the beginning, and he's being trapped by lv 8 lizards. Puhleeze, they could have bothered to come up with a reason that a character that could kill the Final Boss in one blow 2 years ago now can't fight his way out of a paper bag. A broken leg, knocked out *something*, because without it, it feels like the whole mission was just thrown in. "Gee, I can't think of a good early mission. Let's make Yuna save Wakka!"

The jumping didn't quite work either. Half of the time, I'd hit jump, and Yuna refused to jump. I don't expect Jak & Daxter, but darn it, if I need to jump, let me friggin' jump. Either that, or remove the Jump feature. Some of the puzzles were interesting. But there was one godaweful puzzle, where (trying not to spoil here) -- you have to do something that a logical person would think would get you hurt or killed. Then you get a cutscene where that portion of the puzzle is solved.

The thing they got most right is the Jobs and the switing between Jobs. Dressspheres were fun, and for the most part, the battles were fast and fun. Some of the minigames were good.

HunterFlamebrow
11-08-2005, 03:57 AM
Personally, I think most of the criticism that gets aimed at X-2 comes from bad expectations. Once I realized that the game was not a traditional RPG, and that the fun from playing it was not mostly derived from following the storyline, but from doing sidequests, minigames, and battling, the game became a lot more enjoyable.

FFX-2 is a fun, colorful ride through Spira. It's nothing like its predecessor, although coming after such a deeply developed game as FFX certainly didn't hurt it -- a whole setting and many characters are already fleshed out, leaving the designers of the game to concentrate on other things besides world creation.

And as for the characters being too girly? I say, let them have their fun. Just because the story does not concern itself with more dramatic matters such as saving the world from some maniacal bad guy doesn't mean it's not a good story. I haven't quite completed the game, but I'm on chapter 5, and it seems to me that the objective of the game is simply to carry Lenne's last words to Shuyin on the Farplane . . . and maybe find out what the deal is with Vegnagun on the way. And really, these are young girls, suddenly released from a life of responsibility and free to roam the world at their leisure. Who wouldn't be happy and carefree?

Oh yeah, and the job system? Love it. The only downside is the transitions . . . even the short versions are long enough to disuade me from changing jobs in the middle of battle much, but I like them too much to turn off. :D It's really enjoyable, seeing all the different variations on a single, ofttimes classic, costume.

Well, I think I'm done my rambling now. In sum, I think that X-2 suffers from having people expecting and demanding a totally different game from what it actually is.

Oh, and I realize I don't have much [read: any] authority on these forums, but can we stop slandering former members? This is an interesting topic, but a page of "I don't like YunaBraska19 because she got banned" isn't. Thanks.

Omi4000
11-08-2005, 08:18 AM
please back to the topic now or this thread will be locked!

ThroneofDravaris
11-08-2005, 09:08 AM
OH NO!

Venom
11-08-2005, 11:53 AM
I hate evangelion.............but i really just said that just in case yunabraska19 was reading it.

Markus. D
11-08-2005, 01:20 PM
It lacked depth of story, though it had alot of history you had to search for to find.

ThroneofDravaris
11-08-2005, 01:37 PM
I hate evangelion.............but i really just said that just in case yunabraska19 was reading it.
Evangelion hates you.

Venom
11-08-2005, 09:00 PM
Exactly why i hate it.

RiTaPuffy
11-08-2005, 11:15 PM
Too.... J-pop culture, and sorry I dont like that, J-pop a Chinese girl who is brain washed by American culture like me just doesnt mix...

I like FFVII more but somehow I like the setting of FFX-2 more than VII, maybe because FFVII's setting is just too depressing (It would be worse if its lacking Reno and Rude:D.)

tidus_rox
11-09-2005, 01:07 AM
I'm on your side v.e.n.o.m! I loved FFX-2, I don't think it was lacking anything, I just think that FFX had more to it! I'm no idiot, and anyone who thinks that people like FFX-2 are idiots, are pathetic scum. I like FFX-2, i find it enjoyable and it carries on the story, it's the story of the future of spira, it cleans up the ending in FFX. Without it, people would be complaining! I think, and so do many others, that FFX-2 is a great game, and it lets you explore spira a bit more than in FFX! I totally agree with this dude event hough i havnt beaten it (dont tell me the end!) lol ne whos back to homework!

Omi4000
11-09-2005, 08:20 AM
It's way to easy to complete it and all of the bosses are easy

syun_ukiya
11-09-2005, 10:50 AM
mission sucks. it should've been like the traditional ff like ffx.

Omi4000
11-10-2005, 08:18 AM
mission sucks. it should've been like the traditional ff like ffx.
WTF that was A bit random
:mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

Final Fantasy Sage
11-16-2005, 07:35 AM
I though FFX2 was a necessity. The ending from FFX was too open ended, and the world was in a state of ruin. I though it was refreshing to see how things changed 2 years later, and although it did have it's overly annoying parts, but overall, the game was good and helped forward some closure to the story. Frankly, I wouldn't mind a FFX3. Some familiarity is nice to see. And any FFX2 player who wasn't kinda excited to see how things changed when they would revisit an old stomping ground -eg, Mihen Highroad- is a liar. I liked the fact that it had multiple endings, What I didn't like was the fact that it wasn't free enough. I'm one of those nerds that must have everyone full stats, at lvl 99 before I go finish the game. I like to go and level up for hours. The story was fairly well spread, spread too thin sometimes, and I don't know what the hell the gratuitous bikini pseudo-lesbian scene at the hot spring was for at all, but Overall, The game was necessary and I believe it to be one of the best yet.
I feel that I can make this decision based on the fact that I have completed ( not just beat the final boss ) every final fantasy game, including tactics series and mystic quest, and crystal chronicles. That's why I am the final fantasy sage.

Omi4000
11-17-2005, 08:15 AM
i think the ending was crap because it could have been alot better

look_out_below
11-18-2005, 05:48 AM
i think the game was average, nothing spectcular of special but not to horrible either. I guess for the most part i was just expecting more from it after playing FF X. The story and graphics were not the issues for me it was some of the charcters, the voice acting and the number of pointless, long side quests needed to be done in order to 100% (especially when one time i got to end and had 99%, i had no clue where i missed that 1% so had to do the game over:mad2: ). I guess there was also the issue of how similare YRP seemed to Charlie's Angles what with all the posing in the beginning, but thats just my opinion.

Omi4000
11-18-2005, 08:13 AM
i think the game was average, nothing spectcular of special but not to horrible either. I guess for the most part i was just expecting more from it after playing FF X. The story and graphics were not the issues for me it was some of the charcters, the voice acting and the number of pointless, long side quests needed to be done in order to 100% (especially when one time i got to end and had 99%, i had no clue where i missed that 1% so had to do the game over:mad2: ). I guess there was also the issue of how similare YRP seemed to Charlie's Angles what with all the posing in the beginning, but thats just my opinion.

Indeed

Russielloyd
11-18-2005, 10:11 AM
The game was just to fill the void, while we wait paitiently for FF12.

Omi4000
11-21-2005, 08:19 AM
i'll be waiting for ff12 aswell

Little Blue
11-21-2005, 01:17 PM
I though FFX2 was a necessity. The ending from FFX was too open ended, and the world was in a state of ruin
i disagree with that, a lot of the endings to FF games have left ruined worlds, eg IX after brahne, then kuja tries to destroy everything. imo, X-2 wasnt neccessary, but square-enix kind of implied a sequal after the final credits for X so it was knd of inevitable anyway.

As for what it lacks, a decent story. X-2 has a story that makes you want to shoot yourself with yuna's guns. It's awful compared to X and the other FF's. the musics ok, but i wish they used the prelude theme and a proper victory fanfare arrangement found in almost all FF's. It lacked a decent overdrive system, which is what i consider the special dress spheres to be a poor attempt at, and of course, it lacked decent main characters, lacking the strong knowlegable type, ie Auron, that people here think Paine was supposed to be

Russielloyd
11-21-2005, 05:00 PM
Also, iv'e said once, i've said twice but i'll say it again...the classic Chocobo tune was missing. You can't ride a hocobo and not have the tune. Outrageous it was!

Omi4000
11-22-2005, 10:56 PM
chocobos forever

Aurora_sword
11-22-2005, 11:32 PM
It had too much actually.

BlueMageOne
11-23-2005, 08:35 PM
I quite liked FFX-2. I didn't think it was lacking at all. I believe the disappointed fanbase was let down because they had their hopes too high.

FFX-2 was a cliche love story. It was a way for Yuna to grow as a character, and to be honest, I felt that it was the most realistic and accurate portrayal of a heartbroken girl that ever graced the games of Final Fantasy. Yuna went from a girl, whose sole purpose was to die in vain, to a blossoming young woman in tune with her sexuality and maturity looking for a lost love. She had no other path in life but to give her own- and when that tradition was broken, Yuna had a chance go finally become her own person, which I believe she was not, in FFX.

I loved her transformation. Spira is a world of new hope, yet with many lost souls, due to the shattering of Yu Yevon. Yuna portrayed a young woman comfortable with her role as a savior, but underneath it all she was very cold, lonely and insecure. She never stopped yearning for Tidus and I found her drive to do so very real, very empowering but I suppose that's because I have lived through the days of romance and heartbreaks and I know what it's like to give off the impression that everything's okay :P Everything *was* okay for her, yet she was still grieving. So I understand her need to leave an old world behind and come into a new one. I don't think it was the designer's intention to make Yuna appear this way; rather I read into her character deeper than most fans would have, because of my past experiences and this is why I defend FFX-2 :P. It's also why I consider Yuna my favourite FF character. I was personally blown away at the end of Real Emotion when I saw it for the first time and I very easily picked up on the "flow" of the game just because of my personality (I dig that kinda chick stuff).

What *did* annoy me was Lulu and Wakka. What kind of mother to be gallavants around in a sexy leather dress with her ta tas hanging out? Unh uh. Give her another sprite, geesh. I agree with the point about Wakka- he went up against Sin! I think he can get over his brother issues and all that they entail...

Russielloyd
11-24-2005, 03:01 AM
It lacked a bullet through the head of the person who game up with the story and concept.

Omi4000
11-24-2005, 09:08 PM
true the gameplay was way to easy aswell some n00b must have come up with it and that he sucked and got pwnd all the time thats why they started selling it

*Nani*
12-03-2005, 06:43 AM
FFX2 is lacking good tunes. i would have loved hearing some music of FFX in FFX2, it would have been great. And also those scenes in luca of the past would have been really cool in all the other places.
But after all FFX2 is a good game, not as good as X, but it was a good representative of how different a ff can be.

SummonerSteph
12-03-2005, 12:15 PM
I dont think it was lacking enything!!!!
I liked it! In other final fantasys you wouldnt do as much like shpere change and sphere break! Im not saying you have to change your minds but i say that FFX-2 is one of the best

Omi4000
12-11-2005, 01:47 AM
1000 words was a good song i think because it was a beutiful poetic song that iv'e got on my laptop (oh yuna in mini skirt):love:

Marluxiaswife
12-21-2005, 02:29 PM
The frist time I did not like FFX-2, but now I love it!:love:
I mean sure we all don't have the same games in common, but
I enjoy playing FFX-2 more than some other Final Fantasys but Final Fantasy 6,8,10 and 10-2 are some good games to me