PDA

View Full Version : Depressing songs by MCR/"Cemetery Drive" by My Chemical Romance

NightShadow
10-26-2005, 11:28 PM
I really like the band, but they sing such depressing songs.Take this one for example,number twelve from their new cd "Three cheers for sweet Revenge".What do you think?

MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE LYRICS

"Cemetery Drive"

this night, walk the dead
in a solitary style
and crash the cemetery gates.
in the dress your husband hates
way down, mark the grave
where the search lights find us
drinking by the mausoleum door
and they found you on the bathroom floor

i miss you, i miss you so far
and the collision of your kiss that made it so hard

back home, off the run
singing songs that make you slit your wrists
it isn't that much fun, staring down a loaded gun
so i won't stop dying, won't stop lying
if you want i'll keep on crying
did you get what you deserve?
is this what you always want me for?

Lay down, way down
way down, way down
way down, way down
way down, way down

when will i miss you, when will i miss you so far
made it so hard

Lay down, way down
way down, way down
way down, way down
way down, way down

waaaaaay dooooown

ZeZipster
10-26-2005, 11:48 PM
How is My Chemical Romance depressing? Fast-paced poppy music hasn't ever depressed me.

Crushed Hope
10-26-2005, 11:52 PM
Haha you find MCR to be depressing, you fail at music. Honestly do.

Rye
10-26-2005, 11:55 PM
I don't think anything by MCR is depressing, except for the beginning of Demolition Lovers. That song is sad, but very pretty.

MecaKane
10-26-2005, 11:58 PM
The fact that people listen to them is what's depressing!
*first one to say it* Ho ho ho!

Captain Maxx Power
10-27-2005, 12:44 AM
The fact that people listen to them is what's depressing!
*first one to say it* Ho ho ho!

I'm glad I'm not alone in thinking this. I'd like to see both these guys and HIM out of the music business permanently. The little teenage women would cry, but I'd probably just smack them around the chops until I got some respect.

Zeldy
10-27-2005, 01:04 AM
I'm glad I'm not alone in thinking this. I'd like to see both these guys and HIM out of the music business permanently. The little teenage women would cry, but I'd probably just smack them around the chops until I got some respect.
I wouldn't go that far ;/ :(

NightShadow
10-27-2005, 02:49 AM

I mean don't get me wrong.I like things about death and sadness, but I mean It's in everyone of their songs even "Ghost of you" and "Helena".

MEF
10-28-2005, 12:37 AM
You are all EMO-FREAKS! (Except MAXXPOWER, MecaKane and Zeldy) MCR is nothing but a bunch of sissies that play guitars! You want to hear good music? Pick up a Rage Against The Machine cd or a Rammstein cd!

GooeyToast
10-28-2005, 12:47 AM
People who make MCR threads are just asking to be made fun of :moomba:

Venom
10-28-2005, 12:50 AM
...........my chemical romance is depressing, cause they sound like every other new rock band thats came out.......

Germ Hamee
10-28-2005, 05:04 AM
What depresses me is the fact that so many people (who apparantly have amazing taste in music) have enough time on their hands to post all very similar comments on how depressing it is there are MCR fans.

As far as the actual topic goes... um... what's your point exactly? Are you against "depressing" music, or were you just hopping at an excuse to share MCR lyrics?

krissy
10-28-2005, 05:09 AM
i like their video for the war thing
it's kinda 1998
i don't listen to lyrics in most songs/artists tho so

ramen-stein is boring and RATM hasn't put out anything decent in years

Devourment
10-28-2005, 12:22 PM
Listen to some decent music like Led Zeppelin or Black Sabbath.

Not mainstream drivel like MCR.

Jack
10-28-2005, 02:55 PM
(Damn You MecaKane for saying before me! *grins*)

I think people actually LIKING My Chemical Romance is depressing.

RPJesus
10-28-2005, 07:09 PM
Yeah, you're worse at listening to music than this misallaniousus, anonymus person, Nightshadow!

(Damn You MecaKane for saying before me! *grins*)
I think people actually LIKING My Chemical Romance is depressing.
This one too!
...god...

MCR aren't depressing, lyrically. I know there's bands who go on and on about death and how wonderful it is (funny considering if they came close to it they'd crap themselves. Because, as much as they hate to admit it, they are actually human) but that's only depressing because it's so incredibly pathetic. The depressing music is the stuff that talks about real problems. Like lil' ol' Manson does. RaTM and the likes. But that's still damn good music. The depressing parts are just the truth. Gerard and his problem with girls is not depressing. Just... dull, really.

Lindy
10-28-2005, 07:40 PM
I'll open this by saying, I like My Chemical Romance, not massive amounts, I don't listen to them all the time, but I by no means either love or hate them. I just find them decent music, that's all.

The nature of the songs, depressing or not, is a subjective matter however, what one person finds depressing another person won't. It's not a matter of "failing" at music if you happen to find one particular band or artist's music depressing either.

How people view music is up to them, it's not a general thing, one band isn't just "depressing" and another "happy", one person could find a sickening bubblegum pop artist "depressing", but that's because it's them and how their mind works.

You can't just say "lolz u SUX" when someone finds something depressing that you don't.

"Depressing" music, the same as "good" music is what you make of it, not what other people do.

That said, people who tout around lyrics of bands all the time to fake depression and seek sympathy are the lowest of the low as far as I see it.

Rye
10-28-2005, 07:51 PM
Lindy has summed up what I wanted to say perfectly.

Zeldy
10-28-2005, 07:59 PM
They are a good band. They just make a style of music some people don't like, That dosn't make them crap.

Venom
10-28-2005, 08:10 PM
I liked how i said it better

Lindy
10-28-2005, 08:46 PM
Irony, talking about how they sound like every other band, and yet you sounded like every other poster.

RPJesus
10-31-2005, 07:23 PM
Irony, talking about how they sound like every other band, and yet you sounded like every other poster.
No. Most of the other posters not 'in favour (:confused:)' of MCR just said "Ha, you suck 'cause you like MCR LOL LOL LOL!". He made a good point. MCR are just derivative, not so different than any other new kiddy rock band. They're all doing the same style because it's what works at the moment. I'm not saying that MCR are nessecerrilaley like that, but they sound and look no different. So, in short, what Venom said. It's true. You didn't even disagree, perhaps because you have nothing to back you up, you just did, like many other posters, came out with some stupid non-sensical insult, because you were offended, because you like MCR. Let them take some criticism, don't do it for them. Which is ironic because, well, what am I doing to Venom? Sorry, I couldn't help my spongey self.

Lindy
10-31-2005, 08:56 PM
I'm not particularily offended at people insulting MCR, I'm just particularily offended at people insulting ANYTHING because it's at all vaguely popular.

And actually, tell me at least five popular other bands that sound exactly like MCR, I'm not trying this as a "lolinsult", I just want to see these other bands that MCR sound exactly like.

Captain Maxx Power
11-01-2005, 12:39 AM
I'm not particularily offended at people insulting MCR, I'm just particularily offended at people insulting ANYTHING because it's at all vaguely popular.

And actually, tell me at least five popular other bands that sound exactly like MCR, I'm not trying this as a "lolinsult", I just want to see these other bands that MCR sound exactly like.

What if we don't like them on the grounds that we don't like them?...does that make sense?

As for bands that sound like them...Funeral for a Friend, Fallout Boy, Alexisonfire...that's about it. I'm not big on EMO on the grounds that I don't like them.

Lindy
11-01-2005, 12:51 AM
Not liking them because you don't like the sound is fine, not liking them on the grounds that they're popular and that certain groups of people like them isn't fine, assuming that everyone else who listens to them is a failure isn't fine.

Hah.

Alexisonfire and MCR sound nothing alike, and I LIKE Alexisonfire. The fact that Alexisonfire is pretty much all screaming (especially the first album) and MCR isn't, they don't really fit.

FFAF aren't very like them either. No idea about Fallout Boy.

They're all like, more hardcore, MCR is more poppy.

And actually, to be brutally honest, most of the people who listen to MCR ARE failures, but not because they listen to a specific band, just because they're whiny, self-pitying losers who think that bands <b>like</b> MCR write music purely for them and their weak little emotions.

That's not really a very good reason to rag on a band though.

And stop calling MCR "emo", they're pop-rock.

NightShadow
11-01-2005, 01:40 AM
God damn you all.

RPJesus
11-01-2005, 06:40 PM
Not liking them because you don't like the sound is fine, not liking them on the grounds that they're popular and that certain groups of people like them isn't fine, assuming that everyone else who listens to them is a failure isn't fine.
Yes, but don't get at me for that. Just incase you try... or did :confused: . You go be telling that to little miss squashy expectations... or whatever she's called these days.
The fact that they're popular isn't nessecarily a bad thing, it's what they did to get popular. The majority of their fans don't like them for their music, just the image (which is a stolen one, anyway). They dress up right and sing the right crap and Wowza-Kapow! They're the favourite band of every 'It's cool to be different' teen-aged girl.
Besidey-wides, usually the very popular things do suck. They're only popular 'cause they went with the right style. Like I said, MCR might not do that (in which case they're just stupid and dellusional), but bands of their sort generally do.

And, they do suck. They mega-like suck. Because they're not The Hives. God, they think they can play music when they're not The Hives. It's a bloomin' insult! Not that The Hives should care, them in there glorious state of being don't even pay attention to such insignificant things. :rolleyes2

Lindy
11-01-2005, 06:51 PM
The Hives are my guilty pleasure.

RPJesus
11-02-2005, 09:49 PM
Yay! Oh, I love them. Do you love them? I love them. When I build my perfect kingdom, you shall be allowed to live, and be a part of it. Yes, simply for the reason that The Hives rock very much so yes. But that is certainly reason enough, no? :)