PDA

View Full Version : The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe

Skyblade
10-27-2005, 04:43 PM
A month and a half until this movie comes out. I do hope I'm not the only one looking forward to it. For those who do want to see it (or who are just wanting to see something about it), here (http://movies.aol.com/movie_exclusive_the_chronicles_of_narnia/trailer_extra_large) is another trailer. It requires Quick Time, but it is definitely worth it. This movie seems to have been executed extremely well. I'm looking forward to this almost as much as I was LotR.

CaZ!
10-27-2005, 04:51 PM
oh my god i'm so NOT going to see this :D

crazybayman
10-27-2005, 05:01 PM
Muchos Gracias.

I am REALLY looking forward to this. Ever since I read the books around 15 years ago I've been waiting for this to come out.

Rest assured, you're not the only one looking forward to it. :p .

The movie looks incredible. I can't wait.

Germ Hamee
10-27-2005, 05:07 PM
Ahhh! The movie's already coming out? I bought the books a long time ago, determined to read them before I saw the movie and I haven't touched them. -.-

Meat Puppet
10-27-2005, 05:08 PM
good graphics

TheAbominatrix
10-27-2005, 06:46 PM
I'm really really excited. I've been looking forward to this for well over a year, and the more I see of it the more excited I get. The trailers look amazing, and I'm pretty sure this film wont disappoint.

I've been madly in love with Narnia for most of my life :skull3:

Rye
10-27-2005, 07:40 PM
I want to see it, I've read a few of the books a while ago. Evanescence does a song for this movie, I believe. Or at least, Amy Lee does. :)

Chris
10-27-2005, 08:06 PM
I know nothing about the books, but the movie sounds a little like Harry Potter. I'm pretty excited about it. :)

TheAbominatrix
10-27-2005, 10:37 PM
I know nothing about the books, but the movie sounds a little like Harry Potter. I'm pretty excited about it. :)

*gasp*

Go read the books! The Chronicles of Narnia are some of the best children's books ever made, really. They're quick and easy reads too. I highly recommend them to everyone, and I suggest going by the original order (starting with The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe) and not the redone order (starting with The Magician's Nephew).

narniaweb.com has some excellent pictures of the film, for anyone who is interested.

Samuraid
10-27-2005, 10:56 PM
Going to see it. The books were great; hopefully the movie does them justice.

Shadowflare
10-27-2005, 10:59 PM
I love Narnia. But I have a feeling of cold dread that Disney is going to screw up yet another potentially great film. :(

TheAbominatrix
10-27-2005, 11:05 PM
Disney is just doing the funding and distributing, Walden Media is producing the movie.

Destai
10-27-2005, 11:07 PM
I love Narnia. But I have a feeling of cold dread that Disney is going to screw up yet another potentially great film. :(
Besides what The Abominatrix said, disneys films are generally class.

TheAbominatrix
10-27-2005, 11:10 PM
They are, but they do have a habit of vastly changing literary works. Like The Little Mermaid, for instance. I'd hate to see any Narnia book changed in any large way.

Luckily Walden Media is really sticking to the story on this. The only changes I've heard of are just the extended battle scenes, which are always a good thing.

krissy
10-28-2005, 05:13 AM
a pack of children will always be more heroic to me than any elf/hobbit/dwarf/HOMOsapien fellowship to me

rubah
10-28-2005, 05:15 AM
I saw a preview for it, accidentally, and I am pretty stoked. I keep meaning to reread the series (so I had better hurry up)

kikimm
10-28-2005, 05:25 AM
I am so NOT looking forward to this movie coming out, but everybody else around me is so excited for it. I just really, really didn't like the books, so I'm not excited in the least for the movie. Yes, it looks extremely well-made, but I'm just not interested in it. I'll probably get dragged along anyways.

Maybe if it had been The Magician's Nephew I would be happy about it, since that was the only one I liked. But not this. Oh well!

Jack
10-28-2005, 10:21 AM
I hated the book, so don't expect me right at the front of the queue.
In fact, don't expect me at all near that film. From what I've seen (Trailers while trying to watch BETTER films) it looks like a Hollywood version of LOTR with extra Christianity. I'm actually looking forward to the American Right put forward the film as a "testement to the wonderous of Christianity". THAT will more entertaining then the film I'm sure.

Rusty
10-28-2005, 02:37 PM
I'm so exicted, really looking forward to it coming to the cinema's. I love the books, I grew up reading them. The books are amazing. Sadly the movie won't be out over where I am till next year, so I have a bit of a wait ahead.

Skyblade
10-28-2005, 04:49 PM
I hated the book, so don't expect me right at the front of the queue.
In fact, don't expect me at all near that film. From what I've seen (Trailers while trying to watch BETTER films) it looks like a Hollywood version of LOTR with extra Christianity. I'm actually looking forward to the American Right put forward the film as a "testement to the wonderous of Christianity". THAT will more entertaining then the film I'm sure.

Well, your assertation that it is a "Hollywood version of LOTR with extra Christianity" is wrong in pretty much every regard. Hollywood had nothing to do with the books, and there was tons of Christian imagery/references in them. Also, the Chronicles of Narnia don't really have more Christian aspects than LOTR, they are just more obvious. Also, the Narnia stories were kid's books, while LotR was not (the Hobbit was, but not LotR). There is a very different feel to both the stories, and so far I think they are portraying that very well in the movie.

Also, for anyone who is interested, C.S.Lewis (the guy who wrote the Chronicles of Narnia) was an atheist until he was converted to Christianity by his good friend J.R.R.Tolkien (along with a couple other members of the Inklings). At the time he wrote Chronicles of Narnia, he was a devout Christian and stuck about as much Christian imagery/symbology/references as possible in the stories. So, if you don't like relegious stuff, staying away from the movies might be a good idea.