PDA

View Full Version : Favorite WWE/WWF Wrestler?

Trumpet Thief
10-27-2005, 06:40 PM
chaos: Who is your favorite WWE superstar? You can choose a legend, current superstar, you name it!

Rubedo: We have two. The first one is Randy Orton! I liked him as a face though..

Trowa: Our second favorite would be Mick Foley.

Albedo: Imagine my delight seeing these two square off at Backlash 04. :D

chaos: Seeing Randy Orton miss the RKO... ouch.

RSL
10-27-2005, 11:58 PM
I haven't watched this in probably 5 years, but back in the day I like watching most of Shawn Michaels' matches.

Trumpet Thief
10-28-2005, 12:01 AM
chaos: Even today he's been doing great. The Heartbreak Kid has probably been in the best matches of 2005.

Rubedo: *cough* Kurt Angle vs. Shawn Michaels at Wrestlemania 21 *cough*

chaos: Robitussen! :D

RSL
10-28-2005, 12:03 AM
I just lost interest for pro wrestling! I don't know why as I used to be a total nut for it. I should check it out again someday. I probably wouldn't know half the people!

Trumpet Thief
10-28-2005, 12:05 AM
chaos: Actually, there are still a ton of oldbies on the shows. As well as second/third generation superstars, who are the children of those old coots you used to watch. :)

Rubedo: But mainly, it's sad to see Rock not on WWE programming anymore... and at the same time it's good to see Hulk Hogan gone... for the majority of the sime.

DK
10-28-2005, 12:19 AM
I can't watch it anymore, I don't have cable. I used to like:

The Rock (When he was a bad guy in the Nation of Domination)
Mick Foley/Cactus Jack/Mankind/Dude Love
Ric Flair (Wooo!)
Matt Hardy
Eddie Guerrero
Kurt Angle
Vampiro (remember him?)
Chris Benoit (Angle/Benoit at the Royal Rumble was immense)
The Dudley Boyz
Kane
Undertaker
Shane McMahon (Shane O'Mac is a legend)
Booker T

And those are just recent ones. If I push it back, theres Ultimate Warrior, Ricky the Dragon Steamboat, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Dustin Rhodes, Sting.

But my favourite of all time, and probably forever will be, Bret "Hitman" Hart. The Best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be. Never were truer words spoken in a wrestling ring. B)

Oh and Vince McMahon is a legend as well.

RSL
10-28-2005, 12:25 AM
Oh yeah I was a huge Bret Hart fan back in the day. And I really liked Owen Hart too. He was way too young to go...

Trumpet Thief
10-28-2005, 12:31 AM
chaos: Doh! I forgot Bret Hart. He is definetly the greatest. Can't wait to pick up his DVD! (It's coming out November 5th I believe)

Rubedo: Kyono, everybody on that list besides the legends, and Vampiro, The Rock, and The Dudleys are still with the WWE.

Black Mage FF1
10-28-2005, 04:19 AM
Kurt Angle = Best WWE(F) superstar ever IMO.

He can do it all. No matter who he faces he always puts on a good match. He works great as both a heel and face and he cuts great promos.

Trumpet Thief
10-28-2005, 04:20 AM
Kurt Angle = Best WWE(F) superstar ever IMO.

He can do it all. No matter who he faces he always puts on a good match. He works great as both a heel and face and he cuts great promos.

Rubedo: Another great choice. :)

chaos: I absolutely hate it when they chant "You suck!" to his theme music. If you actually listen, Kurt Angle has one of the best themes ever.

Rubedo: And yes, he's a great wrestler. Very experienced. Mic work is awesome.

Dreddz
10-28-2005, 04:28 AM
Andre The Giant, what, he dont play no more ?

Flamethrower
10-28-2005, 04:55 AM
Juventud Guerrera.

No, I'm not kidding. WCW cruiserweight wrestling is what got me hooked on wrestling, and Juvi was always my favorite from that division. In his prime, he was incredible in the ring, and still is to this day. He's a better junior than Rey Mysterio.

Other Favorites: Kurt Angle, Chris Benoit, Shelton Benjamin, and Paul London.

Meat Puppet
10-28-2005, 05:41 AM
weird, seeing as this is the internet, I thought you'd all LOVE ken kennedy :lol:

Trumpet Thief
10-28-2005, 05:43 AM
chaos: I love Mr. Kennedy!...Kennedy. His mic work skills are great, and his mat work is pretty good.

Rubedo: Still, I don't think he should be in the main event SO FAST.

Del Murder
10-28-2005, 06:36 AM
I like The Rock, Chris Jericho, Kurt Angle, Hulk Hogan, and Bret Hart. Those would be my top five. You can add Mr. Perfect in there too. His match with The Hitman was my favorite ever.

Spatvark
10-28-2005, 07:03 AM
Haven't watched since the ECW PPV earlier in the year, and only intermittently for a few months before that, but I really like Paul London. When he's not injured. Seriously, the guy can do practically everything, from the crazy-ass high flying stunts, to serious technical wrestling. And hey, he's got a pretty much unset move list; I mean, how many times in the last few years have you seen anyone do a Tiger Driver in the WWE?

I'm also a big RVD fan, and hate what WWE did to him, especially banning some of my favourite moves of his.

Benoit and Angle are awesome too, I love watching them put on awesome matches, but Angle can be irritating at times, like watching GOOD wrestlers be beaten by him in under a minute in that Invitational crap.

Apparently CM Punk has screwed himself over in Sunday Night Heat which si a shame, coz' I liked watching him in RoH.

But No. 1 has to go to the one and the only, Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat. My favourite wrestlign moment ever was when they used to show whatever program it was on ITV on Saturday early afternoons. No idea who the hell he was wrestling, but there was this bit where he got thrown out of the ring. The ref goes to the edge to start counting, but Ricky's disappeared. His opponent is staring at the ground, searching for Ricky, when out he pops from underneath the ring apron on the other side, climbs to the top rope and pounces as his opponent turns around. Pure theatrics I realise now, but man, I laughed my head off so badly all those years ago. Gotta love that guy XD

Rainecloud
10-28-2005, 07:22 AM
1) Kurt Angle.

Without a shadow of a doubt, Kurt Angle is the greatest amateur-turned-pro wrestler in the world today. You can stick Kurt in a ring with absolutely any wrestler on the face of this planet (and that includes the Gene Snitskys and the Heidenreichs), and he'll have an entertaining - if not amazing - match with them. Kurt has a great attitude, a great style, a great look and is totally devoted to the business. Just take a look at his match with Shawn Michaels at Wrestlemania XXI to see what I mean. Plus, his suplex variations are the best thing in wrestling today. The only things holding him back are his nagging neck injuries, which are sure to resurface at some point in the future.

2) Mick Foley.

Nobody has devoted as much blood, sweat and tears to the wrestling business in general than Mick Foley. From SMW, to WCW, to AJPW, to ECW, to WWE, to ROH, and then finally back to WWE again, Foley has left teeth, skin and bits of his body all over the country in an effort to impress the fans. I respect this man so much, because I could never do what he has done for both his fans and for his family. Mick may not be the greatest wrestler in the world, and he may not be the most impressive mat tactician (that award goes to Ric Flair), but he can cut one hell of a promo, and he can tell an amazing story between those ropes.

I'll probably add more of my favourites at a later date. These include: The Rock, Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, Randy Orton, The Undertaker, Chris Jericho, Rey Mysterio ... and of course, Chris Benoit.

Meat Puppet
10-28-2005, 08:30 AM
anyway, my favourites are the obvious. BUT I like Eugene, great on the mic and inspirational in the ring.
I also like bobby lashley, he looks like one of those guys I'd make in wwf warzone :Oo:

Cloud No.9
10-28-2005, 09:33 AM
mick foley.

not watched wresttling since he left actually. they stopped showing it on channel 4 about that time too.

the hell in a cells between him and undertaker and triple h were fantastic.

DK
10-28-2005, 12:35 PM
Ah man, Eugene makes me cry, he's so funny. Also, the Dudleys left? How very puu.

And Flamethrower: Totally agree. WCW Cruiserweight division was the only thing it had going for it at one point, especially when the whole NWO thing consisted of Sting and 39320824 WWF Rejects. It used to get on my nerves how Vince rates big guys over little ones, and therefore only bought Rey Mysterio over. Juventud Guerrera was a legend, La Parka, Psychosis, Lash LeRoux. Those matches were the most entertaining by miles.

escobert
10-28-2005, 01:02 PM
Rey Mysterio

Pauten
10-28-2005, 01:44 PM
The Undertaker,
Brian Kendrick,
Mick Foley,
Shawn Michaels.
I'm gutted that Chris Jericho has left now. :(
Also I wish they would promote Kane a little more, he could be a good champion, as long as he has his mask and old character again.

Rini
10-28-2005, 04:50 PM
The Undertaker &
Triple H

I love their wrestler-personalities, Triple H for being such a badass (I just heard he really WAS a jerk even behind the scenes, I'm not sure if it's 100% true though...), and Undertaker for being so evil - in a good way.
They're moves are also one of the best I've seen.

Yooniece
10-29-2005, 12:15 PM
I haven't watched wresling in about 5 years, but I used to be absolutely obsessed with Lita. She was just about the only valid female star to me. I loved her style and damn... the way she FLEW! Fit right in with the Hardy Boyz =)

JaytodaP
10-30-2005, 01:45 AM
Nowadays, I think wrestling is lame. But when I did watch it I thought Rey Mysterio was the best.

Vaprice
10-30-2005, 02:17 AM
macho man randy savage!

and

"What?" Stone cold steve austin

Rini
10-30-2005, 06:40 PM
"What?" Stone cold steve austin
Oh yeah, I almost forgot! He's great! Stone Cold Stunner.
And can't forget the "beerbash" thingies he had x)

I heard a wild rumor that he was coming back at some point. is this true? I thought he had broken himself for good this time. (just a sidenote, but where I live we're about two months behind the real airing schedule so keep that in mind when answering :P)

Trumpet Thief
10-30-2005, 09:12 PM
chaos: Well, don't worry, as the Texas Rattlesnake is back for good. He's in his first match since Wrestlemania XIX. :)

black orb
10-30-2005, 11:28 PM
>>> Bret Hart was the best..

From WWE I like Shane McMahon and The Hurricane..