PDA

View Full Version : Blitz!

Leprechaun_boy3
10-28-2005, 02:22 AM
Nevermind, just figured it out...

ShaunOfShadou
10-28-2005, 03:26 AM
Took me forever to get it too. They could have been a little more specific, ne? :tongue:

Slade
10-28-2005, 05:55 AM
I think almost everyone had a problem with executing blitz the first time. Basically you enter the combination of buttons the same way you would in a fighting game.

DJZen
10-28-2005, 08:07 AM
Only problem I had is that I kept trying to make Aurabolt work instead of pummel during my first encounter with Vargas. The funny thing is I could SWEAR it worked.... Weird...

Sasquatch
10-28-2005, 06:00 PM
Well Aura Bolt works, but Suplex doesn't (you'll do it, but you can't grab him, it's like he's floating). And I believe you have to do a certain amount of damage to him (maybe specifically through Fight, maybe you can use Aura Bolt, I dunno), and it'll tell you how to do Pummel.

Funny, you can't Suplex the guy you trained with, but you can Suplex a train.

redxiiii
10-28-2005, 09:52 PM
I managed to do pummel first time without a problem but i'am having problems with that fire blitz move can't remember what it's called.

crono_logical
10-28-2005, 10:27 PM
I find I come across a lot of people having problems doing blitzes when they're playing in an emulator :p

Crossblades
10-29-2005, 12:36 AM
Buy a controller for the PC when using an emulator;)

ljkkjlcm9
10-29-2005, 01:02 AM
let's see the easy ways... l=left, r=right, u=up, d=down R=R button L=L button
pummel l,r,l
aura bolt d,d,l
suplex x,y,d,u
fire dance l,l,d,d,r
mantra R,L,R,L,x,y
air blade u,u,r,r,d,d,l
spiraler R,L,X,Y,r,l
bum rush l,l,u,u,r,r,d,d,l

it's really easy even on a computer!

THE JACKEL

crono_logical
10-29-2005, 09:42 AM
I'm not the one with problems doing blitzes on the PC though - to be honest, I actually found it easier with a keyboard then when I actually did try with the controller :p

DJZen
10-29-2005, 09:39 PM
If you do pummel once Vargas gives up. It's not about how much damage you do.

Sasquatch
10-29-2005, 10:34 PM
If you do pummel once Vargas gives up. It's not about how much damage you do.

Yeah, you can do it right off the bat, but if you play it normally and just fight him, I believe you have to cause a certain amount of damage before it'll tell you how to do Pummel.

rubah
10-31-2005, 03:39 AM
I never had much problem with blitzes. I always used the 'alternate' combinations though xD

Griever Zero
11-25-2005, 04:28 AM
hate to "revive" the topic but i wanted to add something to this...

i just started playing FF6 for the first time...anthology version...

and when you first use Blitz against Vargas, I kept messing up due to the instructions...I had to reload my game and walk all the way back due to this one thing...

In the directions it says to "Choose Blitz" and then hit the X button...

Okay...I don't know about you guys, but to me, choosing blitz doesn't only mean putting the cursor next to it, but selecting it as well. So for three tries in a row, I would select Blitz, PUSH X, and then try to enter the commands, at which point it would say incorrect.

It finally occured to me, that by "Choose Blitz and hit X" they meant move the cursor next to Blitz and then hit X to initiate the command. At which point a cursor will appear over Sabin and THEN you enter the buttons. It was driving me crazy.

Oh and AuraBolt almost never works. Does D,D,L work on Anthology version as well?

DJZen
12-05-2005, 06:24 AM
I'd be shocked if it didn't.

Griever Zero
12-08-2005, 07:31 PM
In case anybody needs to know: D,D,L does work on Anthology for Aura Bolt.

L,D,D,D,R works for Fire Dance, too (I spam that attack like crazy).

UWAOOOOU
12-10-2005, 10:08 PM
Blitz is bloody impossible to pull off. Andits such a simple system.Really making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Butz
12-12-2005, 11:03 AM
I actually love the blitz and didn't have any problems doing them..

xtreme112
01-09-2006, 12:59 AM
Funny, you can't Suplex the guy you trained with, but you can Suplex a train.