PDA

View Full Version : Doesnt make sense...SPOILER! (Dont read if you dont know the ending!)

mj05
10-28-2005, 02:22 AM
Ok, In FFX, it clearly says that Tidus is a dream of the Fayth and that he was never real and neither was his Zanarkand. Ok, that part makes sense.

But, why in X-2, is Yuna telling him the story of how she found him? It doesnt make sense. How can she find a dream? The Fayth disappeared, and so did he. Can anyone explain this to me?

*~Angel Wing~*
10-28-2005, 02:29 AM
Believe me, you're not the only one confused...:confused:

mj05
10-28-2005, 02:32 AM
I wish someone knew the answer! lol

*~Angel Wing~*
10-28-2005, 02:35 AM
Yeah, that was the only negative thing with that game.

mj05
10-28-2005, 02:38 AM
You would figure if they made a sequel to a game, that the games would actually link and make sense. Ok, throughout the game, ya think she's searching for Tidus which I thought wasnt too smart in the first place (he's a dream!). And before I even finish the game, I read that she's telling the story to Tidus about how she was looking for him. Unless, miraculously, dreams become reality. And that doesnt even happen unless you're like a psychic or something. lol

*~Angel Wing~*
10-28-2005, 02:43 AM
X-2 was confusing. She starts out trying to find Tidus...then we're into saving the world all over again!!! Now how did that happen!!!??? Then, at the end, oh my gosh!!! We find Tidus!!! It really didn't have a straight storyline.

mj05
10-28-2005, 02:45 AM
Yeah, I agree. So, was she just telling the story to Tidus? Because at the end, she says something to him like "It all started when I found this sphere of you...". And thats one of the first lines she says in the game. I havent finished it just yet. I've been spending my time leveling up. Im about to just say screw it and get it over with.

DynasticJam
10-28-2005, 10:21 PM
Unless, miraculously, dreams become reality...]

Maybe that's the case, maybe it had something to do with sin bieng beaten once and for all. Maybe the dream of Tidus became so stron that he became real. Like they say, dreams can come true!

mj05
10-28-2005, 10:23 PM
]

Maybe that's the case, maybe it had something to do with sin bieng beaten once and for all. Maybe the dream of Tidus became so stron that he became real. Like they say, dreams can come true!

Im just trying to figure it out so the game makes more sense. I never thought of it that way. Maybe you're right. Does anyone know if there's a site that explains this? Then I can stop wondering about it.

~Edit~ I just found this... http://www.square-enix-usa.com/games/FFX-2/ (click on "Story" after you enter the site.) Maybe Tidus was able to travel 1000 years into the future by means of Sin. And the Fayth allowed him to do so. Along with Auron going back to Zanarkand and Jecht going to Spira. Make sense?

Christmas
10-29-2005, 02:35 AM
Here:

Tidus: It's The Fayths. They gathered the seperated memories of mine and reshape me. That
is probably What Happened.

Tidus: But... still a dream...

Yuna: That means, One day, You will disappear.

Tidus: As long as I think of Yuna, and Yuna thinks of me and We care about each other,
there won't be a problem then.

Yuna: That is what The Fayths said?

Tidus: That is what I Just thought about.

mj05
10-29-2005, 03:10 AM
Where does that come into play? The end of the game? (Havent beat it yet so I havent seen that part)

Christmas
10-29-2005, 03:12 AM
Where does that come into play? The end of the game? (Havent beat it yet so I havent seen that part)

Maybe you should go play the game yourself.....

mj05
10-29-2005, 04:39 AM
Well, yeah, thats the intention. I just want to figure the confusing parts out first. I already beat X and it will only take me a couple hours to beat X-2. Im just leveling up the dresspheres right now. I'll probably just beat it the way I have it then do a new game +.

Masamune·1600
10-29-2005, 06:05 AM
~Edit~ I just found this... http://www.square-enix-usa.com/games/FFX-2/ (click on "Story" after you enter the site.) Maybe Tidus was able to travel 1000 years into the future by means of Sin. And the Fayth allowed him to do so. Along with Auron going back to Zanarkand and Jecht going to Spira. Make sense?

This is a common misconception. However, Tidus never travelled forward in time, nor does time have any different properties in Dream Zanarkand than it does in the rest of Spira.

This excerpt, taken from my essay Tidus and Shuyin: An Analysis, should help to explain.

Tidus, as is commonly known, was 17 years old during the events of FFX. However, some people have assumed that he is really ~1000 years old, having existed since Zanarkand was destroyed by Sin at the end of the Machina War. This stems from a misunderstanding of dialogue that takes place early in FFX.

Early on, Rikku tells Tidus that Sin destroyed Zanarkand a millennium before the events of FFX.

Rikku: Don't worry, you'll be better in no time. They say your head gets
funny when Sin is near. Maybe you just had some kind of dream?

Tidus: You mean I'm sick?

Rikku: Because of Sin's toxin, yeah.

Tidus: You sure?

Rikku: Yeah, there is no Zanarkand anymore. Sin destroyed it a thousand
years ago. So...no one plays blitzball there.

Tidus: Huh? What you do mean a thousand years ago? But I saw Sin attack
Zanarkand! You're saying that happened a thousand years ago? No way!

Later, after Tidus washes up near Besaid, Wakka confirms Zanarkand’s death long ago.

Tidus: It's true Zanarkand was destroyed, right? A thousand years ago?
So it's just a big pile of rubble now, isn't it?

Wakka: Long time ago, there were a whole lot of cities in Spira. Big
cities with machina-machines-to run 'em. People played all day and let
the machina do the work. And then, well, take a look. Sin came, and
destroyed the machina cities. And Zanarkand along with 'em. Yeah, that
was about a thousand years ago, just like you said.

As a result of this and similar information, many people have assumed that Tidus was thrown ~1000 years forward by his encounter with Sin. However, such is not the case. Dream Zanarkand, summoned by Yu Yevon from within Sin, has basically existed since the “real” Zanarkand was destroyed. While the city itself is relatively static, architecturally unchanging, and with its Aeon citizenry unaware of what lies beyond the waters, its population is static, in flux like any human population found elsewhere in Spira. Time passes in identical fashion in Dream Zanarkand as it does anywhere else; hence, the residents of Dream Zanarkand are born, live out their lives, and eventually die.

In-game dialogue supports this idea that time passes in Dream Zanarkand in the same way it should in the rest of Spira.

Man's Voice: I was in the coffee shop, running away from home when I
heard the news. Our hero, Jecht, gone. Vanished into thin air! My dad
must have been his biggest fan. I knew how sad he'd be. Heck, we all
were that day. "Zanar", I say to myself, "What are you thinking?" I went
running straight back home. We sat up talking 'bout Jecht all night. My
dad and I never talked so much. Whoa... Didn't mean to reminisce, folks.
Anyway... Ten years later, the Jecht Memorial Cup tournament is today!
The two teams that have won through to the finals are...of course, the
Abes from A-East, and the Duggles from C-South. I know there's a lot of
people out there today to see the star of the Abes! In just one year,
he's become the team's number one player! He's Jecht's blood, and the
new hope of blitzball! What kind of super play will he show us today?
Will we see father's legendary shot? I don't think I'm the only one
excited here, folks!

Priest: Ten years have passed since Lord Braska became high summoner.
And finally we receive a statue for our temple.

Realize that Jecht accompanied Braska on his pilgrimage for the Final Aeon. According to the dialogue, ten years have passes in Spira since this event. According to the man from Dream Zanarkand, who calls himself Zanar, ten years have also passed in that place. For every year that passes in Spira, a year passes in Dream Zanarkand. This also suggests the dynamic reality of events there; it does not reset to Jecht again excelling in Blitzball. Rather, the torch has passed to the next generation.

Driving the point home even further, we later observe a discussion between Tidus and Yuna where we are left with no doubt that the times correspond.

Yuna: You're a blitzball player, aren't you? From Zanarkand, right?

Tidus: You hear that from Wakka? Wakka doesn't believe me at all.

Yuna: But I believe you! I've heard, in Zanarkand...there is a great
stadium, all lit up even at night!

Tidus: Huh?

Yuna: Great blitzball tournaments are held there, and the stands are
always full!

Tidus: How do you know that?

Yuna: A man named Jecht told me. He was my father's guardian.

Tidus mumbles "Jecht" to himself in an unhappy way.

Tidus: My father...his name is Jecht!

Yuna: Amazing! You know, our meeting like this must be the blessing of
Yevon!

Tidus: Sounds like him, but it can't be him.

Yuna: Why not?

Tidus: My old man, he died. Ten years ago, off the coast of Zanarkand.

Yuna: I'm sorry.

Tidus: He went out to sea for training one day...and never came back.
And no one's seen him since then.

Yuna: Why, that's the day that Jecht came to Spira. It's true! I first
met Jecht ten years and three months ago! I remember, that was the day
my father left. The date fits, doesn't it?

Furthermore, we repeatedly see that Tidus himself has changed as time has passed. In several instances, we see flashbacks of a young Tidus, a child in Dream Zanarkand.

Jecht: You with a woman? You can't even catch a ball! Oh, what's the
matter? Gonna cry again? Cry, cry. That's the only thing you're good
for!

Young Tidus: I hate you.

Jecht: Huh? What'd you say?

Man: But, it's been nearly... It's been nearly a day already.

Woman: Perhaps you could go look for us.

Man: People are searching for him now.

Woman: Thank you.

Young Tidus: Who cares whether he comes back or not?

Woman: But he might die!

Young Tidus: Fine, let him!

Woman: Do you... Do you hate him so?

Young Tidus nods "yes".

Woman: If he dies, you'll never be able to tell him how much you hate
him.

Jecht: See? I told him what I thought of him, right there!

Tidus' Mom: Really?

Jecht: 'Course!

Tidus' Mom: I suppose, but...

Young Tidus: Mommy...

Tidus' Mom: Just a sec, dear.

Again, we see the change wrought by time. Ten years ago, Tidus was a child. Presently, he is a young adult.

Thus, while they are dependent upon the fayth and the Summoning within Sin for substantiation, the citizenry is entirely different from the residents that the fayth Dreamt to originally populate Dream Zanarkand. However, this citizenry is unaware of the Spira that exists outside the borders of Dream Zanarkand. Tidus had never heard of Bevelle, or Luca, or the actual Zanarkand, or any other location in Spira. As a result, he interpreted the Zanarkand long destroyed to be the same as Dream Zanarkand, his Zanarkand. This led many to the mistaken assumption that Tidus had been Dreamt 1000 years ago, the memory of Shuyin. However, realizing that Tidus really is only 17, we can see that the temporal distance between Shuyin and Tidus is massive. Tidus is certainly many generations removed from the original memories of Dream Zanarkand, and thus has no link of this manner to Shuyin.

As to the matter of Tidus' return, it's important to bear in mind just what happened at the end of FFX. Tidus, a Dream of the Faith, was given substance by the Summoning/Dreaming. Like any Aeon, this Summoning is responsible for phyiscal manifestation. Dream Zanarkand and its citizens were bound to Spira wholly by this Summoning, and when it ended, they lost that which substantiated them. As a consequence, they died. Tidus was no different, and his soul went to the Farplane.

Two years later, the Bahamut Fayth asked Yuna if she wanted Tidus returned to her.

Fayth: Thanks.

Yuna: You're very welcome.

Fayth: You heard it, didn't you? You want to see him?

Yuna: Him?

Fayth: Yes. You want to walk together again?

Yuna: Yes!

Fayth: I can't promise anything, but we'll do what we can.

When Yuna says "Yes!" (assuming you choose yes, and met the requirements for this conversation to unfold in the first place), the Bahamut Fayth promises to "do what we can." This suggests that the Fayth undertook some action that might return Tidus to Spira.

Assuming one correctly brings about this conversation tangent, the Good Ending can unfold. From here, we see Tidus rise from the waters near Besaid, to be met by Yuna and company. This closely mirrors the final image of FFX.

A conversation follows.

Yuna: Are you real?

Tidus: I think so.

There was a moment of pause.

Tidus: Do I pass?

Yuna nods "yes".

Yuna: You're back.

Tidus: I am back. I'm home.

Tidus hugs Yuna around her neck.

Yuna: Welcome home.

Yuna hugs Tidus around his back.

Yuna: Yes, home.

The camera shows Rikku and Paine giggling and then...

Wakka: Hey! Get a room, you two!

Yuna's group and Tidus saw the people of Besaid Island standing near the beach.

Wakka: Whassup?

Tidus: Who asked you to watch, Wakka?

Lulu smiles a little while holding her baby son.

Rikku: Hiya!

Yuna and Tidus ran forward towards the beach.

Tidus: You know, you've changed.

Yuna: Well, you missed a few things.

Tidus: I wanna hear everything!

Yuna: (narrating) Well... It all began when I saw this sphere of you.

Assuming one goes beyond this, and achieves the Perfect Ending, additional dialogue that later takes place between Yuna and Tidus is revealed.

Tidus: I got a theory. I think the fayth gathered up my thoughts and put 'em
together to bring me back. Maybe. Something like that.

The camera views Yuna watching the sunset and then Tidus looking at his own
hands.

Tidus: Or maybe...I'm still a dream.

Yuna: Wait! So you'll disappear?

There was a short pause.

Tidus: Cherish me, Yuna. And I'll cherish you. All right? We gotta stay together.
That's what we have to do.

Yuna approaches Tidus' back and placed her arms around his back.

Yuna: Is that what the fayth told you?

Tidus: Nah. But I like it.

Tidus and Yuna laughs and then Yuna push Tidus into the water.

Tidus: That's not cherishing!

Yuna: You didn't disappear.

Tidus and Yuna smiles. The camera shows Yuna standing on a hill watching the
sunset. This ends our story and the game.

From these points of information, it's possible to attempt to reconstruct what might have happened. Tidus' physical body in FFX was only a Dream; in other words, it was manifested solely by the Summoning/Dreaming, and absolutely could not exist without said Dreaming. If Tidus were brought back and again bound to Spira in this manner, then as soon as the Fayth ceased their Dreaming, Tidus would again vanish (in other words, die). Given that this seems at odds with the themes and general feel of FFX, I would postulate that Tidus was brought back as a real person. How this might be accomplished can be debated, although there are several factors to bear in mind.

First, Tidus' appearance is remarkably similar to that of Shuyin. The only reasonable explanation for the similarity, other than coincidence (which seems unlikely, given that Shuyin's attacks and Tidus' Overdrives are basically identical), is that Shuyin was somehow used as a template for Tidus (Tidus is not Shuyin, nor is he Dream Shuyin, and absolutely cannot be a reincarnation of Shuyin). If Shuyin was used as a template for Tidus, however that came about, then it stands to reason that the same template could be reused. Tidus' identity and memories, embodied in his soul, are perpetual and indestructable, and therefore could also be retrieved. The matter, then, revolves prominently around how the "Tidus template" could be established as a real person.

In Spira, pyreflies are known to be a type of matter, yet have no physical substance of their own (so to speak). Previously, in the essay I cited, I had suggested that a physical impression left on pyreflies could have explained how Tidus (as a Dream) was formed. However, if one simplifies that, and acccepts that the template could have simply been manifested by the Fayth, then it remains a possibility that the manipulation of pyreflies could be responsible for giving Tidus permanent substance.

This is only a possibility; the game is extremely vague on this point (as, lamentably, it is on a variety of other points as well). Suffice it to say, then, that the Fayth did "something," and thus brought Tidus back.

Pouring Rain
10-29-2005, 12:32 PM
Wow, nice post. I'll give it my way xD

Okay, in that one international ending of FFX or whatever, Rikku shows Yuna a sphere of someone that looks similar to Tidus (I saw it on the internet. Believe me, its either him or Shuyin looking a lot like a Tidus clone. Aaah the cloneyness). So she thinks he's alive so she sets off to go look for Tidus.

When she falls into the Farplane after defeating Ixion and meeting Shuyin, she sees the ghost of Tidus, which would probably tell you he's dead. Okay, after he comes and saves her, she ends up in Bevelle.

Okay, now after you defeated Shuyin, you go back to the Farplane Abyss and only 2 things can happen.

1. Yuna walks around and hears Tidus whistling. Then the Bahumut/Zanarkand fayth asks that you heard the whistling and do you want to see him again. You can say yes, which can will bring you the Good/Perfect Ending. Or no, which will only bring you the regular ending, aka big old speech about how New Yevon and the Youth League combine as one. Blah.

2. Yuna comes out to the farplane and hears whistling. She stops, and the ghost of Tidus comes and hugs her. Then she tells him her undying love for him and how he was there the whole time and he dissappears. I have witnessed this ending, by playing my cousins game, so...yeah. Is something different with those Greatest Hits games?

Okay, so when Event 1 happens and lets say you have 100% You'll see that he came from pyreflies to human again, then came out of the water and he swims and blah. And Yuna says he's back and Tidus says he's finally in a place can call home. Whoo hoo, go him.

At the perfect ending after that, he gives his theroy on how he came back. "I guess the fayth reconstucted my thoughts and brought me back that way or something, I guess." Or something like that.

I hope this helps ^_^

Oh yeah, for that one dude who said he came back from Zanarkand and he traveled 1000 years into the future and stuff, that's from FFX. Tidus and Auron traveled 1000 years into the future thanks to Sin aka Jecht. Neither Jecht nor Auron came back to life. Not even Braska. By the way, I really didn't understand your post anyway xD

Shauna
10-29-2005, 01:22 PM
xD Seriously dude, did you completely ignore Masamune's post?

There is no bloody time travel in FFX.

GunbladeMaster
10-29-2005, 01:55 PM
i still dont get the Dream Zanarkand thing
so r u saying that the zanarkand destroyed 1000 years ago was the um "real" zanarkand
and that tidus was in some sort of "dream" zanarkand
and it just got destroyed by Sin
and Tidus was transported by Sin to the real world which he knew nothing of!!!???
if so than why in the world was there a dream zanarkand in the first place?

also how did Jecht get to the "real" spira
and how did Auron go from the real one to the dream one?

AAAAAHHHHHHHH so confusing :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Christmas
10-29-2005, 01:59 PM
if so than why in the world was there a dream zanarkand in the first place?

Cause Yu Yevon and his fellow summoners wanted so when they are losing the war.

also how did Jecht get to the "real" spira

He came into contact with Sin while training out at sea.

and how did Auron go from the real one to the dream one?

He used Sin to travel to the dream one after Yunalesca killed him.

GunbladeMaster
10-29-2005, 02:13 PM
ok so
wat about when Sin attacked dream Zanarkand
if its a dream world why would it get attacked?
and is the Sin that destroyed the "real" Zanarkand the same one that destroyed the Dream one or adifferent one
cas doesnt Jecht become the new Sin or something like that?

Christmas
10-29-2005, 02:23 PM
ok so

Cause Jecht is Sin by that time and wanted Tidus to go to the real world.

and is the Sin that destroyed the "real" Zanarkand the same one that destroyed the Dream one or adifferent one

Yes and No. The one that destroy real Zanarkand is the one that is originally summoned by Yu Yevon until it got defeated by Yunalesca using her husband as a final aeon.

Then Yu Yevon possess the final aeon and a new "Sin" is created or reborn.

Then another summoner came along with another final aeon and defeated this new "Sin" and his aeon got possess by Yu Yevon again and the process goes on.

This came until Jecht became the final Aeon and got possess by Yu Yevon when he attacked the dream Zanarkand.

Just bear in mind that Yu Yevon is the culprit behind all this since the destruction of the "real" Zanarkand and this "Sin" is basically an armor he created.

GunbladeMaster
10-29-2005, 02:37 PM
aha

Shauna
10-29-2005, 03:30 PM
Man, did anyone pay attention to FFX, really? -_-;

Christmas
10-29-2005, 03:38 PM
Man, did anyone pay attention to FFX, really? -_-;

What? Is there something wrong with my explaination?

Pouring Rain
10-29-2005, 04:08 PM
They were saying I wasn't paying attention to Masamune's post. So maybe they think we weren't paying attention to anything?

Shauna
10-29-2005, 06:56 PM
no, there wasn't anything wrong with your explanation.

I was meaning the other people, GunbladeMaster, half the stuff he said was explained in FFX.

GunbladeMaster
10-29-2005, 08:01 PM
ya but i didnt understand it

Masamune·1600
10-29-2005, 09:08 PM
ok so

Dream is a deceptive term here. Many people assume that Dream Zanarkand exists in another dimension/plane of existence, but it is actually a physical location in Spira, merely far removed from civilization. Thus, Sin would easily be able to reach it, as nothing more profound than covering some undisclosed distance was involved.

When the Final Summoning takes place, Yu Yevon is able to possess the Final Aeon, and use that as the "foundation" for another incarnation of Sin. At the time of FFX, the Sin that plagued the world had used Braska's Final Aeon (which was, effectively, Jecht) for this foundation. Sin went to Dream Zanarkand because, despite the dangers it posed to Yu Yevon's "system," Jecht had some limited control over Sin (also shown by its preference for the Hymn of the Fayth), and he wanted to see his son, Tidus.

For this reason, Sin went to Dream Zanarkand. From there, it attacked Dream Zanarkand because, in spite of everything, Sin is destructive (one might even recall that Sin destroyed the real Zanarkand, although Bevelle would presumably have done so anyway).

As already said, yes and no. Sin is really little more than an armor; it's not even summoned. Yu Yevon is ultimately at the heart of Sin. Originally, his body would have been the "foundation," the anchoring point for the pyreflies that comprise Sin. However, after Sin was "defeated" the first time, another physical entity (the Final Aeon) would have been possessed by Yu Yevon, and used for this purpose. In the case of the Sin that attacked Dream Zanarkand, Braska's Final Aeon [Jecht] was this anchor.

GunbladeMaster
10-29-2005, 09:12 PM
thank u

Markus. D
10-30-2005, 03:30 AM
Well, There is one more ending... but youll have to ebay international +last mission if you wanna see it.

much satisfying.

look_out_below
11-05-2005, 05:49 AM
Wow people did some major posts here. But i think i would like a try at explaining the Tidus situation. In FFX when Tidus is first learning about being a dream of the fayth, the fayth talking to him says that Tidus, and his father, are no longer dreams, they are more then dreams (some jazz like that). This seems to be pointing towards Tidus being alive in some way or another so when he faded away at the end of ffx he just died and went to the farplane. In ffx-2 the fayth brought Tidus back by either dreaming up a new body for him to live in, created one with pyreflies, or maybe they an organic body soemhow.

mj05
11-05-2005, 04:11 PM
Yeah, I remember that part being said somewhere. I didnt even remember it until you pointed it out, though. This is actually starting to make sense. I dont usually read that much into games. I probably overlooked a lot of that because I didnt know that he was in X-2 at the end, and I didnt know that he was going to disappear (when I first got the game).

syun_ukiya
11-09-2005, 10:31 AM
Ok, In FFX, it clearly says that Tidus is a dream of the Fayth and that he was never real and neither was his Zanarkand. Ok, that part makes sense.

But, why in X-2, is Yuna telling him the story of how she found him? It doesnt make sense. How can she find a dream? The Fayth disappeared, and so did he. Can anyone explain this to me?
I don't think if this is answered already (too lazy) but I think the explanation is simple. He started seeking for Tidus (even though she knew he's a dream) because he saw the sphere of someone that looks like him (Shuyin). So she thought if 'that' is Tidus then they can still *do* (okay erase that), she can still meet him.

Eiko Guy
12-24-2005, 05:37 AM
tidus is real now like jecht was real while he was sin something wrapped his soul even though it was artificial like yuna was wrapped with tidus soul when yuna dies maybe tidus will die too like his mom cuz she wanted jecht

Psydekick
12-24-2005, 10:18 AM
tidus is real now like jecht was real while he was sin something wrapped his soul even though it was artificial like yuna was wrapped with tidus soul when yuna dies maybe tidus will die too like his mom cuz she wanted jecht
Probably not

Renmiri
12-24-2005, 06:07 PM
Well, There is one more ending... but youll have to ebay international +last mission if you wanna see it.

much satisfying.
What ending? Please tell!

I thought the last mission didn't even mention Tidus.

BTW: On FFX, if you visit the fayth at each temple AFTER you defeat Yunalesca and AFTER you got your Aeon the fayth there will tell you that there is a way for a dream to become reality: Yojimbo's fayth says specifically that to Tidus if I remember correctly. Another fayth says that someone touched by Sin like Tidus and his dad starts being "more than just a dream" ,i.e. real. And a third fayth says that someone so heroic (who saves Spira from Sin permanently) and so loved can not simply dissapear...

Which ties well with what "hoodsie", the boy fayth in a puprple hood, says to Yuna in FFX2 at the end and what Tidus says in Zanarkand to Yuna in FFX2 perfect ending.
Which doesn't mean he will dissapear if Yuna doesn't love him ALL the time as his cold bath at Zanarkand proves... It just means he is so beloved by her, his friends and the grateful people in Spira that he earned a life as a solid real being.

Flash
12-26-2005, 05:37 AM
This is why you should erase all your memory of FFX-2 and just stick with the FFX storyline.

I'm so CONFUSED!

Christmas
12-26-2005, 06:10 AM
There are tons of endings in the international version. Even Shinra got an ending.

boys from the dwarf
12-26-2005, 09:43 AM
it would have been better just to leave FFX where it was, i dont even think it makes sense with all the aeons returning and tidus coming back. FFX-2 was pointless and brought up more questions due to its lack of sense.

Renmiri
12-27-2005, 07:10 PM
Dark Aeons made sense it just wan't very clear in the game that Vegnagun and Shuyin made them come back "twisted". Tidus coming back was foretold in FFX too. If you visited the Fayth chambers on each temple after you defeated Yunalesca and AFTER you got Anima, Yojimnbo and the Magus sisters the fayth tell you so: A dream that is touched by Sin becomes more than just a dream and can come into the day, particularly if that "dream" saved Spira and is beloved by many in Spira.
FFX also has a "perfect ending" tha shows Tidus coming back in a blue ocean... probably Besaid.

Foetus In Fetu
12-27-2005, 11:18 PM
It's never really explained how Tidus came back, but if you get the 100% ending you get to hear his weak 'theory' on how it might have happened: something like the Fayth at the Farplane gathered his thoughts and memories together to make him real again. Then he says he might still be a dream. Even the characters involved don't understand how it happened, and it's probably better that way than having heard some concocted crap.

The story is a lot weaker than in Final Fantasy X in general, because X-2 is really about the gameplay rather than the story so the whole sphere hunter business, finding Tidus, Lenne and Shuyin and Vegnagun story is just an excuse to let you play with what they've done to Spira and to the game system.

Jessweeee♪
12-29-2005, 08:14 PM
aaaaaaa my brain hurts!!!
I like to think of the "dream" Zanarkand and the "real" Zanarkand as parallel universes.

and yes, I do think that the fayth based Tidus's appearence based on Shuyin. I mean, Lenne and Yuna were real, and so was Shuyin, and Tidus is just like Shuyin only he wasn't evil. So it fits.

FFX-2 has sooooo many plotholes. the default ending was terrible. "This is my story, it'll be a great one!" how disney....

Foetus In Fetu
12-30-2005, 02:45 AM
Shuyin wasn't evil, he was just in a lot of pain. It was one of Squenix's attempts at pulling off a sympathetic villain.

Jessweeee♪
12-30-2005, 05:14 PM
He was in a lot of pain so he got angry and did evil things...so that makes him temporalily evil imo

starseeker
01-06-2006, 06:27 PM
I thought that the aeons were dark because yu yevon made them dark before you defeated them. They then would have been dark aeons while in the farplane.

Robster
01-06-2006, 10:10 PM
so it Tidus a dream or is he real and lives happily ever after with Yuna?

yunafan11
01-25-2006, 10:35 PM
He isn't a dream, He IS the faith... well thats what I think. And Yuna was summoning him? I'm not sure. And she made him come back by asking the faith, and he did. And then he was summoned?

Thats what I beleive. I know, Kinda messed up, but oh well.

Eiko Guy
02-03-2006, 04:01 AM
i got it yall know how all the fayth are dreaming the fake zanarkand well sin is a fayth that was dreaming it for the short time before he was final summoned and jecht didnt go crazy till in the middle of fighting him so this fayth could have kept draming the dream and so he got the plan to get jacht ( remember im talking about the sin before jecht) so he catches jecht who later becomes sin and he does the same thing to tidus knowing that he would kill him and since tidus became real he stayed real he just had to build up power becuz his life force for a while was the aeons and since he couldnt use them he could gather the pyreflies energy too bad he couldnt finish and help yuna destroy vegnagun that would have been cool especially if he was super strong and fought by himself and destroy the head with one overdrive

mj05
02-04-2006, 12:51 AM
punctuation was created for a reason.....

Jessweeee♪
02-04-2006, 03:00 AM
my BRAIN!!! GAH!!!

Yuna_wannabe
02-04-2006, 01:17 PM
In my opinon its in her head she is talking to him as if he could be here. She is just imagining that he is there. Like when someone close to you dies you someitimes think in your head that you are talking to them. Thats kinda of the way i think yuna felt.

In the end yuna has done so much for spira and the fayth that when Bahomut(i think thats the little kid one) came to her in the farplane he wanted to give something back to her for all she has done. what better way to repay her then giving her true love back.

But i have to admit, This game has its confusing parts.

Lost Number
02-04-2006, 01:23 PM
All FFs after 6 have confusing parts. Although some confusing parts (such as the ending of 8) are made confusing by wild theorists on these forums.