PDA

View Full Version : i am sooo angry right now...

Blitz Ace
10-28-2005, 10:32 AM
okay, this is the second time ive done it!!!! ive finished FFVII and done absolutly everything you can do (EVERYTHING!!!!), and then somehow, in a heated moment of chaos, all my hard work goes to waste!!!!

a year or 2 ago, i somehow saved over my first "done absolutly everything" game, and that left me bitter for the next while, until i finally decided to give it another go... and i eventually did all the stuff again...

Then, today just as im pumping those magic pots in the northern crater for all the AP they got, i go too far!!! yes, i went all the way down to just before you fight jenova again, and then i tried to go back up. on the way, i happened to save before you climb back up towards the top (at the place where you can choose to go left or right). then, i realise that i can no longer climb back up, and that ive screwed it again!!!!!! why @#$^%*&... i am soooo angry.

there is NO WAY BACK OUT!!! i cant believe ive done it again...

on another note, ive also managed to delete my FFVIII game in which i got to level 100, and collected all the cards!!! %^&%&#*@

has anyone else got a similar story about how they deleted / saved over a game like this??

ZuZu
10-28-2005, 10:57 AM
ah, yes

I had actually the same problem. Couldn't return from the Northern Cave back to the ship and I was really angry :shifty:
I have heard that you can return from the Northern Cave but I don't know how...

and I remember also FFIX where I was so plocked that I hadn't other way but only start the game again.

ThroneofDravaris
10-28-2005, 10:58 AM
So, why exactly can't you climb back up? I didn't have any trouble exiting...

Blitz Ace
10-28-2005, 11:04 AM
well, i will try explain more in more detail.

firstly, i put the save point in the northern crater just at the point where you can choose left or right.

then i got my party, and chose to go left... the rest i sent right. then i killed some Magic pots for AP, and decided to go a bit further and get some chests i hadnt got (right down before you enter the place where you fight jenova). then, Tifa pops out and says something like "hey, you werent gonna leave without me were you?".

so im in the screen with all the characters just before you have to fight jenova. and im like, okay, i didnt wanna come this far, so i went all the way back up to the intersection, and saved (before i checked if i could climb back up or not).

then i tried to climb back up, and well i could not... and thats how the story ends... and i am still very angry...

* White Aeris *
10-28-2005, 11:06 AM
i think you can still get out.. i done it before millions of times before tht Jenova fight.

redxiiii
10-28-2005, 11:10 AM
You can climb back up rfom there I always save right before the battle with Jenova and I can still go back up. I think your missing something.

Blitz Ace
10-28-2005, 11:12 AM
maybe somehow if i can get my party back up there... but i did stand there for about 10 minutes mashing buttons in a desperate attempt to get back out shouting "NOOOOOOOO PLEASE NOT AGAIN!!!" the prospects dont look to good.

ZuZu
10-28-2005, 11:12 AM
You can climb back up rfom there I always save right before the battle with Jenova and I can still go back up. I think your missing something.
damn, what I'm doing wrong.....:mad:

Blitz Ace
10-28-2005, 11:15 AM
i will go and try again....

Blitz Ace
10-28-2005, 11:21 AM
Nope, definitly cant get back up... i cant access PHS at the save point, cos all my party are down the bottom. note that i have already recieved the Mythril from Tifa... maybe that has something to do with it...

zellv2
10-28-2005, 11:43 AM
i have no problem getting out i saved before the battle with jenova and climb out with ease plus i save about 2 files on 4th disk so i can start from where i left off and KO sephiroth again and again with kknights of the round table ^_^ maybe u can get up but not trying hard enough or your missing something and next time always save a backup more than one like i did

Blitz Ace
10-28-2005, 12:01 PM
no, im afraid ive tried pretty hard already, i stood there for ages hittig every button possible in vain... yeh, my memory card was full, so i didnt save a backup... crappy small memory card. but i think now ive learnt my lesson, next time (if there is one) i will delete somethin else and save 2 copies...

hehe, on the plus side, i can finish the game over and over again as many times as i want...

zellv2
10-28-2005, 12:07 PM
very true that is one of my best games ^_^ goodluck :D

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
10-28-2005, 02:06 PM
u can exit the cave weneva u want until the party gathers at the end. after that, no more.
but if uve already dun evrything, y do u wana leave?

Blitz Ace
10-28-2005, 02:34 PM
u can exit the cave weneva u want until the party gathers at the end. after that, no more.
but if uve already dun evrything, y do u wana leave?

is it ever possible to do everything in FFVII?? i was planning to get more master summon/magic materia for my characters etc, and also just keep travelling the world. thats the big thing, not being able to come back to the game after a while and just roam around doin stuff (eg playin at gold saucer etc.)...

Skyblade
10-28-2005, 03:21 PM
Ok, some information for the confuzzled ones here: The point of no return in the Northern Crater is the point at the bottom where the entire team gets together again (even if you sent them on different paths), and you are asked to confirm your team for the final run. After that, there is no escape.

Masamune·1600
10-28-2005, 03:24 PM
Unfortunately, Blitz Ace, you probably won't be able to exit the Northern Cave. Commonly, when the Save Crystal is used on those ledges, or in the vicinity of that junction, a glitch can occur whereby it becomes impossible to climb up that rock formation.

It's this glitch that is preventing you from climbing back up, in all probability, and not the fact that you spoke with the party at the bottom of the cave. There is no penalty for obtaining items from the party and then returning to the surface.

The "Mythril" you received from Tifa, by the way, was actually a Mystile.

Dinnova
10-28-2005, 05:04 PM
best place to use the save crystal is in the room with thoese weaird Ap giving bouncing balls are. quick acces to saving with none of the gliching.

* White Aeris *
10-28-2005, 07:52 PM
hee, thats where i saved! ^.^

Shoden
10-28-2005, 08:11 PM
you know the place your entire party meets up again?

there's a 2nd rechable entrance there.

Slothy
10-28-2005, 09:36 PM
Here's the best advice I can give you: use multiple save files next time. By the end of any given FF I usually have at least three saves for the same playthrough. It helps avoid losing a lot of work due to glitches, or accidents.

Prancing Mad
10-28-2005, 09:56 PM
In Final Fantasy Tactics, I was trying to learn all the moves for all my guys. I was half-way done all of the jobs for Reis, and about 200 hours into, when I erased the wrong file. Which means I have an awesome party, but the only thing I can do is kill Altima and end the game. BOOOO. I still have the file though, just to prove that I at least got that far. Oh yeah, and I didn't cheat with the crazy ability learning trick. No cheating at all

zellv2
10-28-2005, 10:03 PM
Here's the best advice I can give you: use multiple save files next time. By the end of any given FF I usually have at least three saves for the same playthrough. It helps avoid losing a lot of work due to glitches, or accidents.
precisly what i said ^_^

Slothy
10-28-2005, 11:57 PM
precisly what i said ^_^

Missed that the first time around. Guess that's what happens when you skim a thread quickly. Oh well, it's good advice that can't be repeated too often if you ask me.

Blitz Ace
10-28-2005, 11:59 PM
oh well, thanx for all the help guys... guess im up for another play through then!! and yes i will save multiple files this time (ive learned my lesson now).

Zanius
10-31-2005, 01:30 PM
Unfortunately, Blitz Ace, you probably won't be able to exit the Northern Cave. Commonly, when the Save Crystal is used on those ledges, or in the vicinity of that junction, a glitch can occur whereby it becomes impossible to climb up that rock formation.

It's this glitch that is preventing you from climbing back up, in all probability, and not the fact that you spoke with the party at the bottom of the cave. There is no penalty for obtaining items from the party and then returning to the surface.

The "Mythril" you received from Tifa, by the way, was actually a Mystile.

Just a question (or a silly question...) that glitch only happens on the PC version or for the PS version? :confused:

MysticD
11-05-2005, 09:30 AM
Both,i think.

Zanius
11-05-2005, 05:03 PM
Both,i think.

Oh no... thanks anyway...